• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

les papillons sexuels said:
So lets play, name the game.

If you want to play name the game, you need to take off-screen gameplay shots, not photomode stuff. Also, that AZ-1 pic is mine, you should have posted a link to the big one. :p

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Haunted said:
jHhb3.gif

I was gonna av quote you back but you have rotating avatars which is gross

yucky, make up your mind bro

akachan ningen said:
If you want to play name the game, you need to take off-screen gameplay shots, not photomode stuff. Also, that AZ-1 pic is mine, you should have posted a link to the big one. :p

My apologies, I grabbed the first one i saw with no logo in the image, and i didn't link it because it'll give away the surprise. :)

Ashes

Banned
Apart from the photoshopped ones none of them look like the top tier of gt5 if I'm honest. If'm wrong I'm wrong... so be it.... they're still very good. Like I said, great car pics, we all win.

Ashes

Banned
Yoboman said:
Did I just see three people in a row guess the Porsche picture is GT5?
They were obviously kidding... I think. :lol

Which ones are these: (I wasn't very selective, took it from the latest page)
nib95 said:
First photo of my baby. :D

Kyoto-Gion.jpg
Gen X said:
It's funny, when I go to take pics I'm rarely happy with the end result but when I see others I think they look amazing.

Here are a few of mine.

2w6bfk5.jpg
Agent Ironside said:
Going to indulge in some action shots next, but first, decided I would try and find another cool travel location!

5211142470_91603814ff_b.jpg

Majmun

People still use metacritic/gamesranking to compare the quality of games? Then I guess we can also use sales numbers. :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Second said:
People still use metacritic/gamesranking to compare the quality of games? Then I guess we can also use sales numbers. :lol

well, sales and meta are the only objective way to decide which game is shittier than the other, forum posts can only do so much

Xun said:
Wrong.

It's PGR4.

Surprised no one here got that.

And seriously you think that car model could've been from GT4? :lol

Have you seen GT4 photo mode shots?

There was something off about the reflections which made me think it was GT4.

Xun

Metalmurphy said:
Have you seen GT4 photo mode shots?

There was something off about the reflections which made me think it was GT4.
I've seen them yeah, and they are impressive. I've just played PGR4 so many times I know how it looks. :lol

Insertia

highspeedring.jpg

toscanap.jpg

bernmarktgasse.jpg

GT5 makes my soul shake and sends a shiver down my leg.

GT5 should be compared to real sims like GTR2 and iRacing; not Shift, Forza, and PGR4 (i.e: the wannabe's).

The only thing it has in common with the latter is competition for sales (in which GT5:p has probably outsold them all combined).

Arucardo

Xun said:
I've seen them yeah, and they are impressive. I've just played PGR4 so many times I know how it looks. :lol
Yeah, I'm disappointed that I couldn't put my finger on that one, guess I didn't drive on the winter test track enough :lol .

Insertia said:

GT5 should be compared to real sims like GTR2 and iRacing; not Shift, Forza, and PGR4 (i.e: the wannabe's).

The only thing it has in common with the latter is competition for sales (in which GT5:p has probably outsold them all combined).
lol wut

rvy

Banned
Insertia said:

Fucking hilarious. :lol Almost as awesome as MGS 4 having better graphics than Crysis. Almost.

Insertia said:

You're pretty sad.

J-Rzez

Lagspike_exe said:
kd7uw1.gif

People insisting that GT5 and Forza 3 have (almost) the same quality of lighting engine and photo mode are delusional.

That's why I said it like this:
Older cars that look hideous - Probably GT5
"Good enough" looking cars - Probably Forza 3
Insane/Mindblowing shots - Probably GT5

The lighting/color pallet is just on a totally different planet compared to basically everything else out there. Perhaps it's the livery editor that plays a factor in the Forza series colors looking more cartoon like, and their lighting took steps forward in 3, but now once again GT5 knocked their ass to the floor.

I still can't believe that people were saying they'd take FM3 due to more features, heh.

Phloxy

Photo mode pics are useless. Soon as you get in a race, then these huge minecraft shadow pixels try to eat the pretty cars. Forza 3 is a much more consistent visually. It also runs smoother more of the time. And as a huge car nut, Forza's tuning and mechanic options destroy GT5's offering. Which was really disappointing after the expectations I had.

Top Bottom