• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
2s96r28.gif

Love this game but thought this was quite funny :lol

skybaby

Stallion Free said:
Which makes you wonder, are the men really their working on your car? Or are they all in your mind.
Gotta be hard for them to remove the tire screws and open the fuel door on those standard cars. They're just painted on!

lowrider007 said:
Love this game but thought this quite funny :lol

That's probably roughly what would happen if cars and barriers were made of indestructiblium. All the energy that would go into transformations, remains kinetic.

saladine1

My ultimate car game:

Forza Motorsport's customization,upgrades and tuning
Need for Speed's audio engine
Codemaster's slick menu systems and navigation
Gran Turismo's physics engine,'premium' modelling and passion for cars...

Make that happen and this thread will die......or will it?

Haunted

I don't care how meticulously some of these people have looked for bugs and glitches and bad looking shots to document... this amount of bad looking shots/glitches/bugs would have never been found in GT4.

Polyphony's QA control definitely has been slipping for GT5. It just doesn't have the same level of polish the earlier games had. Probably a consequence of the sheer amount of content and constant delays.

Haunted

saladine1 said:
My ultimate car game:

Forza Motorsport's customization,upgrades and tuning
Need for Speed's audio engine
Codemaster's slick menu systems and navigation
Gran Turismo's 'premium' modelling and passion for cars
Burnout's damage modelling
Live For Speed's physics engine

Make that happen and this thread will die......or will it?
fixed.

eso76

took me a lot longer than it deserved
(eek, jpeg artifacts ahoy courtesy of imgur)

1mDyt.jpg

oh, i didn't do this for any particular reason or to demonstrate anything, i was just curious myself.

Vorg

Banned
eso76 said:
took me a lot longer than it deserved
(eek, jpeg artifacts ahoy courtesy of imgur)

http://i.imgur.com/1mDyt.jpg/IMG]

oh, i didn't do this for any particular reason or to demonstrate anything, i was just curious myself.[/QUOTE]

Both games look awesome confirmed!

Maybe we can end this nonsense thread now?

eso76

Metalmurphy said:
What's with the extremely compressed GT5 shots? :lol

Imgur's fault.

rvy said:
What's with the extremely compressed GT5 shots? :lol

Microsoft's fault.

This is a more 'fair' comparison; it shows fm3 'real' models as seen ingame and during replays: those are cpu controlled cars and their model wasn't swapped with the higher lod one

uGxnJ.jpg

sdornan

eso76 said:
Imgur's fault.

Microsoft's fault.

This is a more 'fair' comparison; it shows fm3 'real' models as seen ingame and during replays: those are cpu controlled cars and their model wasn't swapped with the higher lod one

Image]
If nothing else, we should all be able to agree that the lighting in GT5 is better. The cars in Forza 3 are too shiny.

skybaby

sdornan said:
If nothing else, we should all be able to agree that the lighting in GT5 is better. The cars in Forza 3 are too shiny.
Even T10 themselves admit so :p
Oh and look, forza3 models look just like standard gt5 cars! (if you're blind)

Its pretty obvious that premium cars in GT5 look better than forza 3...they still look good in Forza 3 though. I mean I remember playing test drive back in the days...games have come a long way

2real4tv

eso76 said:
Imgur's fault.

Microsoft's fault.

uGxnJ.jpg

But none of those are in game they are all replays. I thought model swaps happen during replay.

iam220

Lagspike_exe said:

:lol There's not a single sim that's free from that kind of shit. Showing some videos of LFS bugging out proves very little. The "ultimate car game" would have the physics and laser scanning of iRacing anyway :p ... but you won't see that in a $60 game any time soon ...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Stallion Free said:
Wait, Insertia's come back was to post the same post again?

Also, I'm pretty sure Insertia believes photomode is representative of gameplay.
He thinks photomode elitism will win the war :lol

Pre GT 5 delusion is now post release GT 5 delusion for him.

iam220

Photo mode is what the game is going to look like on the ps4 ... if we're lucky.

or 2015 when we have pc's good enough to emulate the ps3 .. which ever comes first

shinnn

eso76 said:
Imgur's fault.

Microsoft's fault.

uGxnJ.jpg

holy fuck.. serious those are AI cars in FM3? they still looking great.

eso76

2real4tv said:
But none of those are in game they are all replays. I thought model swaps happen during replay.

no, it doesn't, replay models are the same as ingame, in both games.

Forza uses better-than-gameplay/replay models for photomode and menus
GT5 uses better-than-gameplay/replay models for photo travel mode (menus too i assume)

holy fuck.. serious those are AI cars in FM3? they still looking great.

absolutely, my car is the M3 coupe you see behind the C63 and the 8C competizione is from the same replay.

Yes, from a geometry standpoint they're still very good (cars introduced with fm3 generally are).
I think T10's mistake was recycling Fm2 models for older cars, since they DID remodel them too in 'premium' detail for menus, they probably could have obtained a much better lower poly mesh from those.
i believe T10 can improve the overall visual impact tenfold by working on colors, lighting and shaders alone.

LCfiner

Insertia said:
HighSpeedRing_1.jpg

Cartoon vs Reality.
It's amazing how far console graphics have advanced.

GT5 is the most visually inconsistent game I’ve ever played.

ecLjVl.jpg

Kart racing tracks are about as cartoonish as you can get. look at that gravel. it’s even noticeable while racing.

Top Bottom