• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

cakefoo

byW1H.jpg

P68GA.jpg

cHvXS.jpg

Insertia

I whipped out GTR: Evo and did a lap around The Ring. Amazing.
I then raced Nurburgring in NFS: Shift. Insulting coming from GTR:Evo. I can't type words to explain. Afterwards I remembered how terrible it was in Forza 3.

SHIFT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLkOY3jQLnM

F3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwhYWsjUB0c

Forza is embarrassing.
Sad that Forza makes Shift look godly. Turn-10 has mastered things like rewind and livery and yet each entry in the series pushes them closer to bankruptcy. Maybe they should focus on what actually gets games off shelves, the actual racing experience.

24enqzm.jpg

Failure 3

Xun

shinnn said:
Uhoh.

Edit:

Insertia said:
Sad that Forza makes Shift look godly. Turn-10 has mastered things like rewind and livery and yet each entry in the series pushes them closer to bankruptcy. Maybe they should focus on what actually gets games off shelves, the actual racing experience.
Ah, so you're not for real afterall!

And if you are, there is literally no hope for humanity.

sdornan

Insertia said:
I then did raced Nurburgring in NFS: Shift. Insulting coming from GTR:Evo. I can't type words to explain. Afterwards I remembered how terrible it was in Forza 3.

Forza is embarrassing.

Failure 3
Forza 3 Sales Surpass 2 Million

Please just stop. Nothing you are saying is well-thought out or the least bit objective. None of your screenshots are examples of what you'd actually see while playing either game.

I'm surprised you're not banned with these kind of posts.

cgcg

:lol It's pretty funny seeing how some idiots complaining about badly chosen shots in one game while completely ignoring the other direction.

eso76

reposting for the new page

shinnn said:
holy fuck.. serious those are AI cars in FM3? they still looking great.

absolutely, my car is the M3 coupe you see behind the C63 and the 8C competizione is from the same replay.

Yes, from a geometry standpoint they're still very good (cars introduced with fm3 generally are).
One of T10's mistakes was recycling Fm2 models for older cars, since they DID remodel them too in 'premium' detail for menus, they certainly could have obtained a much better lower poly mesh from those. Apart from that i believe T10 can improve the overall visual impact tenfold by working on colors, lighting and shaders alone, in the end most GT5 standard cars don't look THAT bad from a normal viewing distance, thanks to general accuracy of colors and shaders.

Oh, and Insertia, can't you do better than that ? like, what about putting that image through a gaussian blur filter, then through a sharpen more filter (4x, just to make sure) then increase size 4x and save as quality 1/12 jpeg and post the 5120x2880 100kb result here ?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Insertia said:
I then raced Nurburgring in NFS: Shift. Insulting coming from GTR:Evo. I can't type words to explain. Afterwards I remembered how terrible it was in Forza 3.

SHIFT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLkOY3jQLnM

F3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwhYWsjUB0c

Forza is embarrassing.

24enqzm.jpg

Failure 3
Gtfo with that nfs shift bullshit, fake fucking over exaggerated cockpit movement shit is meaningless, try harder next time.

Edit- oh hey look, the clowns are back with their meaningless hollow FM 3 mockery, how original.

eso76

speaking of which, i would like to start a petition for a Motortoon GP3 before GT6 (which i don't think they should release this gen)

Insertia

sdornan said:
Forza 3 Sales Surpass 2 Million

Please just stop. Nothing you are saying is well-thought out or the least bit objective. None of your screenshots are examples of what you'd actually see while playing either game.

I'm surprised you're not banned with these kind of posts.

Only because Forza 3 had to be given away for free. In a lot of cases Forza 3 had to be bundled with ANOTHER game. That's how much it sucks at selling itself. :lol

Looking at Forza Kinect I see Turn-10 has learned nothing. At least they are good at making successful games that can be bundled with Fable II and given away for free.

cgcg said:
:lol It's pretty funny seeing how some idiots complaining about badly chosen shots in one game while completely ignoring the other direction.
look at the comments and the change of targets between this page and the last one.:lol :lol

Insertia

If Forza 3 was a success Che Chou would have still been at the company. Unfortunately they lost a lot of money, giving their game away for free and whatnot, and he had to be relocated to another place that has a better shot at making a successful title.

A better community manager than Che? There was none.
Unfortunately he couldn't save the stale series.

Turn 10 has been very successful and consistent at making failure after failure with great rewind features and rich livery editors. They are much more successful than Polyphony in that area.

xbox_lemans-360.jpg

:lol :lol
Loser

Insertia said:
If Forza 3 was a success Che Chou would have still been at the company. Unfortunately they lost a lot of money, giving their game away for free and whatnot, and he had to be relocated to another place that has a better shot at making a successful title.

Turn 10 has been very successful and consistent at making failure after failure with great rewind features and rich livery editors. They are much more successful than Polyphony in that area.

xbox_lemans-360.jpg

Loser

You're dumb. Really, really dumb.

Insertia said:

http://www.viedegeek.fr/media/public/billets/2009/6-juin/forza-motorsport-3/xbox_lemans-360.jpg[IMG]

Loser[/QUOTE]

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you have any facts to back any of this up? How are you not banned yet?

Insertia said:

xbox_lemans-360.jpg

Loser
does neogaf tolerate this type of posts? am i missing something?

shinnn

at least Che is better than the GT community manager...

oh wait... where's the community manager of GT Franchise? :lol

maybe if he exists, he could explain the 80% ps2 cars and no cockpits, instead of the fanboys trying to hide this shit over a year.

skybaby

shinnn said:

maybe if he exists, he could explain the 80% ps2 cars and no cockpits, instead of the fanboys trying to hide this shit over a year.
200 + 800 bonus dude, get over it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
wow Insertia's 31 flavors of crazy now :lol I wonder what made him snap?

h3ro

shinnn said:

You seem to be taking this very personally.

zedge

I have to agree, Forza has not sold very well. And the only reason its likely at 2 million is due to it being bundled with consoles. And only 2 million? GT5 will likely sell that in a month or two. :D

BTW I like Forza 3 but I am enjoying GT5 more.

zedge said:
I have to agree, Forza has not sold very well. And the only reason its likely at 2 million is due to it being bundled with consoles. And only 2 million? GT5 will likely sell that in a month or two. :D

BTW I like Forza 3 but I am enjoying GT5 more.

The article was posted at February 9 2010...

Shurs

Solid warrior said:
does neogaf tolerate this type of posts? am i missing something?

I thought this thread was a safe zone.

For all the FUD spread around by both sides most of you should hope it is.

jedimike

zedge said:
How many 360s have been sold since then? You can add that to the total. ;)

I don't think the Forza bundles started until Oct 2010...

Edit: Actually March 2010 (according to kotaku) and only in the elite bundles.

h3ro said:
You seem to be taking this very personally.

They should both take a nice stroll through countryside. It's relaxing.

zedge said:

Forza 3 sold 2 million, bundled copies not counted, four months after the launch. Of course GT5 will do much better, but Forza 3 still did reasonably well.

jedimike said:
I don't think the Forza bundles started until Oct 2010...

Edit: Actually March 2010 (according to kotaku) and only in the elite bundles.

There were Forza 3 bundles at launch.

zedge

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
They should both take a nice stroll through countryside. It's relaxing.

Forza 3 sold 2 million, bundled copies not counted, four months after the launch. Of course GT5 will do much better, but Forza 3 still did reasonably well.

Ah.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
shinnn said:

I don't remember any fans trying to hide the standard cars. It isn't like Polyphony showed them off for all to see.

cakefoo

skybaby said:
I don't assume anything. Those are fair comparisons.
Well you apparently think that the screens aren't flattering for GT5. Care to specify what elements look inferior to Forza in those shots?

What I personally think the screens highight is Forza's problem with the saturation of its car colors, the crushing of blacks, the weird orangeish skybox reflections on red cars, self-shadowing quality, windshield opacity, and other lighting-related flaws.

Top Bottom