• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

skybaby

cakefoo said:
Well you apparently think that the screens aren't flattering for GT5. Care to specify what elements look inferior to Forza in those shots?

What I personally think the screens highight is Forza's problem with the saturation of its car colors, the crushing of blacks, the weird orangeish skybox reflections on red cars, self-shadowing quality, windshield opacity, and other lighting-related flaws.
Just look at the pictures Insertia has been posting. Fair comparisons are not his thing.

Shurs

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
So you think you know better? Come on now, we're all aware of the LOD incident, but that doesn't mean Che lies as soon as he opens his mouth. Besides, what he said actually makes a lot of sense.

"After speeding past the finish line last October, Forza Motorsport 3 is now in the hands of more than 2 million passionate car lovers around the world.”

Seems like there is room for interpretation with it being worded like that.

cakefoo

skybaby said:
Just look at the pictures Insertia has been posting. Fair comparisons are not his thing.
Personally I find the differences between the GT5 and Forza car models to be just as, if not more obvious in gameplay screens.

Arnie

Jesus christ, Insertia be mad up in this joint.

Congrats on Forza 3 selling 2 million, fantastic game, well deserved. GT5 is a fantastic game also, people who liked F3 should try it.

Insertia

This silly bickering and 'pic' comparison is ridiculous. Competition is a good thing.
Let's compare lead developers of both studios. Maybe it'll help us understand the goal of each series.
This is entire thread is filled with pathetic fanboy bickering. Let's get down to what's real.

637094-turn_10_large.jpg
vs.
28565.gif

Kazunori Yamauchi

from Kaz's Wikipedia page said:
Kazunori Yamauchi (山内 一典, Yamauchi Kazunori?, born August 5, 1967) is a Japanese game designer, professional racing driver, and most notably, CEO of Polyphony Digital and producer of the Gran Turismo series

220px-Kazunori_Yamauchi.jpg

Yamauchi has fulfilled his dream of creating realistic driving simulators with his massively successful Gran Turismo series.
impp_0811_01_z+gran_turismo_5+kazunori_yamauchi.jpg

As a result of Gran Turismo's success, Yamauchi has become an important figure in the worldwide automotive industry.
a_med_IMG_2030.jpg

On August 29, 2009, he joined in the Gazoo Racing team participating the SP8 class in race 8 of VLN with a Lexus IS-F held on Nürburgring. He had a fastest lap of 10"9' which is the best in the team, and their team finished as class Champion.[3][4] He returned to the Nürburgring track as one of the 4 drivers of Team World Car Award participating in the 24 Hours of Nürburgring 2010 and finished in 4th place in SP8 class.

a_med_y.jpg.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dan greenawalt

xbox_lemans-360.jpg

dan doesn't have a wikipedia page

------------- ----------------

Czeer0

Neo Member
Insertia said:
This silly bickering and 'pic' comparison is ridiculous. Competition is a good thing.
Let's compare lead developers of both studios. Maybe it'll help us understand the goal of each series.
This is entire thread is filled with pathetic fanboy bickering. Let's get down to what's real.

637094-turn_10_large.jpg
vs.
28565.gif

Kazunori Yamauchi

220px-Kazunori_Yamauchi.jpg

impp_0811_01_z+gran_turismo_5+kazunori_yamauchi.jpg

a_med_IMG_2030.jpg

a_med_y.jpg.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dan greenawalt

xbox_lemans-360.jpg

------------- ----------------

If I were you man I'd change my allegiance because, face it, no matter how much you may want them, Yamauchi's never going to let you have his babies; whereas with that beard, there's always the possibility that Greenawalt just might....

It's interesting...I like Forza 3, it's a great game. It is certainly more consistent visually than GT5. However, I see GT snaring me for a greater amount of time. The career set-up hasn't changed an awful lot, yet it still feels more open than Forza's, and in spite of the ugliness of many of the standard cars, there's so much collecting to be done.

Moving on, there's the handling, which simply feels just 'right' - more so than any other realistic driving / racing game you'll find on console - and the visuals which, in spite of the moments of ugliness ultimately look considerably more realistic than Forza's bright, exaggerated colour and lighting scheme. GT's visuals at their best, all wonderfully organic lighting, realistic hues and impeccably constructed dashboards, are apology enough for the last-gen elements you'll experience during your time with the game.

Ultimately, they're both great games. I suspect GT5 will end up consuming considerably more of my time than did Forza, but really...there's masses of fun to be had in both. Forget about the reviews consensus being a few meaningless percentage points higher for one or the other (I believe a Killzone 2 - Halo Reach comparison has already been made) and simply enjoy whichever you access to / prefer.

Czeer0 said:
If I were you man I'd change my allegiance because, face it, no matter how much you may want them, Yamauchi's never going to let you have his babies; whereas with that beard, there's always the possibility that Greenawalt just might....

jcXle6.png

Doc Evils

Insertia said:

Cold blooded mang. Cold blooded.

shinnn said:
holy fuck.. serious those are AI cars in FM3? they still looking great.
Yeah the AI cars just and only use the default regulr car model, they still take damage do they can't really go any lower without more work involved by turn 10.

Saying that though, I would love to see the AI cars drop another level in detail while racing, why? so we can have more ten 8 fucking cars in a racing game in 2011... One thing I personally love about gt5 is that some tracks allow 16 car races, all premiums, mmmm.

Only so much nurb fun you can have with 8 cars, track is too large to keep the pack together most of the time.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
kazuma_pt said:
first time i've seen games with bugs

edit: seriously, this thread now is about gt5/forza 3 bugs?
It was clearly a joke poked at GT's series bouncing off of the walls/cars history chill lol..

I didn't bring up the bug.

eso76

kazuma_pt said:
first time i've seen games with bugs

edit: seriously, this thread now is about gt5/forza 3 bugs?

what ? i thought we were past that. Aren't we comparing Kaz and Dan pics now ?

Insertia

dscn3393.jpg

He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Comparative Religion from The Colorado College. Before joining Microsoft, he taught at various a Martial Arts studio and competed in Mixed Martial Arts tournaments.

Dan is a good Christian gearhead.

Explains Forza Kinect

42-22247228.jpg

+

Rewind

=

mt_large_ForzaKinect02.jpg.jpg

Look at that cockpit. PD is behind times. All the money and time put into GT5 yet Forza Kinect is going to have 400 cockpits of this quality, 16 cars on track(with no framedrops or tearing), weather effects, 1080p, night racing, WRC, Nascar, kart racing a course editor, AND rewind with the same inferior driving experience.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Insertia, do us all a favour and shut the fuck up, permanently. :lol

If this isn't trolling, I don't know what is. :lol

ShogunX

Insertia said:
http://www.vvvgamer.com/gallery/files/3/dscn3393.jpg[IMG]

Dan is a good Christian gearhead.

Explains Forza Kinect

[IMG]http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/37F25A99-5812-47A7-BE2A-0AFE5CD02B92/42-22247228.jpg[IMG]

+

Rewind

=

[IMG]http://assets.megaton.co.uk/assets/articles//a/1/1/5/8/3/4/8/mt_large_ForzaKinect02.jpg.jpg[IMG]

Look at that cockpit. PD is behind times. All the money and time put into GT5 yet Forza Kinect is going to have [B]400[/B] cockpits of this quality, 16 cars on track(with no framedrops or tearing), weather effects, 1080p, night racing, WRC, Nascar, kart racing a course editor, AND rewind with the same inferior driving experience.[/QUOTE]

This is truly awful awful shit. What happened to trolling with a bit of style and pizazz? Ruining a potentially legendary thread right here :( ''Step up your game''.

2real4tv

eso76 said:
no, it doesn't, replay models are the same as ingame, in both games.

Forza uses better-than-gameplay/replay models for photomode and menus
GT5 uses better-than-gameplay/replay models for photo travel mode (menus too i assume)

What the interior there seems to be details missing in the fm3 shot, shadows etc. Also do either model the bottom of the vehicles?

The crazy continues while happy people are playing the best racing game of all time! :D

Btw, what are the big differences in tuning/customization I keep hearing about (aside from livery editor and maybe engine/brake swapping which I don't consider big)? It's been some time since I played Forza and don't remember big differences. Tuning options in GT5 are well above GT4.

Cruzader

Banned
shinnn said:
at least Che is better than the GT community manager...

oh wait... where's the community manager of GT Franchise? :lol

maybe if he exists, he could explain the 80% ps2 cars and no cockpits, instead of the fanboys trying to hide this shit over a year.

Wow GT's community manager has to be an active GAF member who trolls their competition for you to be happy?

Man Im glad this thread is open.

Top Bottom