• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

shinnn

i'm more curious about what happened to the tires

s29zyw.jpg

Shaneus

Kaijima said:
Development Cost: $60,000,000

Matchbox Car Collection: $87.95

Flatbed Scanner: $59.95

Gran Turismo 5: Priceless.
EB Games in Australia actually had a deal where if you trade in 10 toy cars for charity you get $10 off the game. Looks like you get them back in virtual form! :lol

Ploid 3.0

Blame! said:
i really think all you haters are missing the point :p

G]http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/3716/bernmarktgasse.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, I tried to do something with the slow shutter speed in the Red Bull lounge when the light color change. I never knew the train would move in that area. That's a darn awesome shot.

sdornan said:
:lol

I had an even bigger laugh at someone posting an obvious PT mode photo in the thread despite discussion over the last few pages more or less stating that it's not representative of the game. Of the car - yes, but not the game. The Underside of the car posted earlier is more the level of detail I'd been seeing while driving around the tracks and using the 'standard' cars.

-viper-

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
out of curiosity, why do we care about what the underbelly of these cars look like?
BECAUSE WE TO HAVE DISCOVER EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE IMPERFECTION OF GT5.

NEXT UP: zoomed in images.

SPEA

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I'm not sure I understand either. Anyone care to elaborate?

Dreams-Visions said:
out of curiosity, why do we care about what the underbelly of these cars look like?

Because they took the texture from a model car and stuck it on the underbelly of a car in the game. Could of at least blacked out the AutoArt logo :lol . The fact that the bottom of the car is ugly is not why people are laughing.

SPEA said:
Because they took the texture from a model car and stuck it on the underbelly of a car in the game. Could of at least blacked out the AutoArt logo :lol . The fact that the bottom of the car is ugly is not why some people are laughing.

Fixed.

Dreams-Visions said:
seriously. Talk about majoring in the minors.

FUCK THE FORREST BOYS! LOOK AT THIS LITTLEASS PINE TREE!

I don't think anyone has made a big deal out of it all, at least not yet. What is a big deal is that this is just one flaw in the graphics out of many. Coming from PD who have more or less made some of the polished and technically impressive games very considering - well it's jarring to say the least.

SPEA said:
Because they took the texture from a model car and stuck it on the underbelly of a car in the game. Could of at least blacked out the AutoArt logo :lol . The fact that the bottom of the car is ugly is not why people are laughing.

Ah, I see, didn't notice. Wasn't aware of who AutoArt were. Carry on.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
les papillons sexuels said:
i wonder if they'll get sued.

I bet it is going to bet patched out real fast now. This stinks of a placeholder that they just forgot was there when it was released. Having worked on a few games, that happens when games are being rushed, and the workers are stressed and worn out. I don't envy the employees that worked on GT in the last few weeks. I would love to hear an honest post mortem of this game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hilbert said:
I would love to hear an honest post mortem of this game.
This will never happen, at least publicly. Look at the FFXIII postmortem that was published in Game Developer.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Dreams-Visions said:

When the undercarriage looks better than the photo mode models in the other game, you use whatever ammo you can.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
XiaNaphryz said:
This will never happen, at least publicly. Look at the FFXIII postmortem that was published in Game Developer.

Oh I know. But as a software engineer I think it would be fascinating, and software developers everywhere could probably learn a lot from it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
-viper- said:

Ask yourself, honestly, what you would have typed if the shoe was on the other foot, and this was a Forza model.

Honestly.

SPEA

belvedere said:
When the undercarriage looks better than the photo mode models in the other game, you use whatever ammo you can.
And again...

Because they took the texture from a model car and stuck it on the underbelly of a car in the game. Could of at least blacked out the AutoArt logo . The fact that the bottom of the car is ugly is not why some people are laughing.

http://www.autoartmodels.com

belvedere said:

The 'ammo' in this case being evidence that PD scanned in the underside of a diecast model car and were lazy enough to leave the logo/screws in. Another shining example of why they're B team now.

belvedere

Junior Butler
SPEA said:
And again...

Because they took the texture from a model car and stuck it on the underbelly of a car in the game. Could of at least blacked out the AutoArt logo . The fact that the bottom of the car is ugly is not why some people are laughing.

http://www.autoartmodels.com

Oh, I know, I was just being silly.

Whatever sloppy reason that cut/paste job happend doesn't make the other game look better though.

SPEA

belvedere said:
Oh, I know, I was just being silly.

Whatever sloppy reason that cut/paste job happend doesn't make the other game look better though.
To be honest, I don't care either way which looks better. But the fact that they took a texture from a toy car is pretty goddamn funny. :lol

OuterWorldVoice said:
Ask yourself, honestly, what you would have typed if the shoe was on the other foot, and this was a Forza model.

Honestly.

This.

I mean, in the long run this has nothing to do with how the game plays at all, but if that was Forza model it would get trashed too.

Shaneus

-viper- said:

We don't have to discover them, they just appear by themselves. Kind of like "discovering" masturbation.

Top Bottom