• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Graphics Horse said:
At least they have an existing relationship with Autoart, so it might not be a big deal.
6cuEN.jpg

dFGaE.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Stallion Free said:
That undercarriage pic is more embarrassing than anything in both games combined.

The model car scan find is interesting. I'm talking about things like "6 months to scan a model car."

ijlTY.jpg

What's that about? Did they have problems scanning it right, or had a problem locating the scanner for 6 months? This is fascinating.

Forsete

GT5 in game Volvo C30 looks better than photomode Volvo C30 from Forza 3?

Toy Story 1 CG vs Toy Story 3 CG. If you know what I mean. :D
I see a lot of C30 around the streets and something is off about the F3 model, not sure what.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This is quite possibly the greatest thread to ever grace neogaf.

We need to make collage of ALL events from birth to death posted in a timeline with quote/pics from specific posts.

:lol

KongRudi

Banned
shinnn said:
looks fine to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18aXwaN2CoY&hd=1

any video showing how PD get the cars sound so crap?

Since it's on the inside everyone's complaining about..
Maybe they had the microphone inside the helmet with the driver's ear, and when you're in the driver's seat wearing a helmet, you'll hear a different sound then if you don't wear a helmet. You'll not hear the same wind-noise and similar when riding open cars, you'll probably get a more muffled sound from the engine aswell.. You'll hear the same sounds the driver hears perhaps. :-/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ploid 3.0 said:
:lol Some people here really seem to have some personal issues with PD.
Looks more like some people around here can't take it as well as they dish it out. So basically, this:

OuterWorldVoice said:
Ask yourself, honestly, what you would have typed if the shoe was on the other foot, and this was a Forza model.

Honestly.
This thread is awesome. :lol

mood

It's clear PD has some management deficiencies because GT5 shouldn't have taken 4 years into the PS3's life to be released.

commedieu

Banned
This is the dumbest thread in the history of dumb threads.

F3 fanboys are going to always pretend F3 is a better game. GT5 Fanboys will know they have the better game. Isn't it simple? GT5's photomode/in game/features/Physics trump Forza. Forza trumps GT when it comes to painting liveries & fantasy modifications with 8 cars in a race. GT will always sell more. Forza will rate higher with a majority folks that start off their review: "Need for Speed Shift..." I mean what is the point of this thread at this point? If you have a choice, its clear GT5 is a better car sim, as reviews do seem to all agree on. And thats whats been advertised in GT. Sales speak for a genre where there are only really 2 competitors. No one showed up for F3 besides a handful of people who couldn't get GT. Spec to Spec, theres no contest. Glitch Vs Glitch, or ugly texture vs ugly texture? This is the silliest thing on earth at this point.

LOL @ the model car texture. WHAT the hell is that about? If the best features of GT5 didn't make up for everything else known to console sim worlds, I'd question PD's work ethic as far as their "perfectionist" tag. However its hard to find only mistakes and use that as the bar..
Again pointless because F3 fanboys of course will pretend that they bought GT5 just for close up photographs of a flipped over car, and not the simulation aspect of a car sim. Are you guys going to start arguing fonts next?

And Forza/Turn10 claimed the replay stills were in game. Which is why people used those shots vs GT5p shots, now all of a sudden theres a clear acknowledgment that Forza3 upgrades the models severely for menu/replay? Yet GT5 only does for photomode? How many times can F3 just not stack up to GT5, and why is it still being debated? Turn10's direction for F3 wasn't widening the genre, or features that the community wanted. It was to get a driving game out as fast as possible so that Microsoft could say they have one on their Xbox360. Its been 3 releases yet no significant upgrades from one to another outside of the original inclusion of decal swapping damage & livery editor. Theres no reason it couldn't do weather/night/pitcrews/rally or any of that. It was just something that wasn't even in the vision for the past 3 games.

Blah, continue to argue. But amazingly silly thread. Its summed up with "LOL LOok at this GT5 mistake! Its on par with Turn10's final product!"

mood

commedieu said:

F3 fanboys are going to always pretend F3 is a better game. GT5 Fanboys will know they have the better game.
:lol

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
commedieu said:

F3 fanboys are going to always pretend F3 is a better game. GT5 Fanboys will know they have the better game. Isn't it simple? GT5's photomode/in game/features/Physics trump Forza. Forza trumps GT when it comes to painting liveries & fantasy modifications with 8 cars in a race. GT will always sell more. Forza will rate higher with a majority folks that start off their review: "Need for Speed Shift..." I mean what is the point of this thread at this point? If you have a choice, its clear GT5 is a better car sim, as reviews do seem to all agree on. And thats whats been advertised in GT. Sales speak for a genre where there are only really 2 competitors. No one showed up for F3 besides a handful of people who couldn't get GT. Spec to Spec, theres no contest. Glitch Vs Glitch, or ugly texture vs ugly texture? This is the silliest thing on earth at this point.

LOL @ the model car texture. WHAT the hell is that about? If the best features of GT5 didn't make up for everything else known to console sim worlds, I'd question PD's work ethic as far as their "perfectionist" tag. However its hard to find only mistakes and use that as the bar..
Again pointless because F3 fanboys of course will pretend that they bought GT5 just for close up photographs of a flipped over car, and not the simulation aspect of a car sim. Are you guys going to start arguing fonts next?

And Forza/Turn10 claimed the replay stills were in game. Which is why people used those shots vs GT5p shots, now all of a sudden theres a clear acknowledgment that Forza3 upgrades the models severely for menu/replay? Yet GT5 only does for photomode? How many times can F3 just not stack up to GT5, and why is it still being debated? Turn10's direction for F3 wasn't widening the genre, or features that the community wanted. It was to get a driving game out as fast as possible so that Microsoft could say they have one on their Xbox360. Its been 3 releases yet no significant upgrades from one to another outside of the original inclusion of decal swapping damage & livery editor. Theres no reason it couldn't do weather/night/pitcrews/rally or any of that. It was just something that wasn't even in the vision for the past 3 games.

Blah, continue to argue. But amazingly silly thread. Its summed up with "LOL LOok at this GT5 mistake! Its on par with Turn10's final product!"

It's like you set out to make a neutral post.. and then somehow ended up squarely in fanboy town.

-viper-

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Ask yourself, honestly, what you would have typed if the shoe was on the other foot, and this was a Forza model.

Honestly.
yes. over analysing stupid details that no one will able to see in game seems pointless.

p.s. i have both consoles and both games. are you trying to imply something?
:p

Mastperf

commedieu said:

Mom- "commedieu! It's time for dinner, dear!"

commedie- "Coming mom! I just had to set these fellows straight."

commedieu said:

I bet you had tears in your eyes as you typed this. Admit it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
commedieu said:

F3 fanboys are going to always pretend F3 is a better game. GT5 Fanboys will know they have the better game.
I love how you follow up the first sentence with the second.

commedieu said:

*slow clap*

i love this thread.

you sim guys arguing about your graphics and your hub caps and your brake lights.

team GT5 have this awesome sense of entitlement, like, they're just so mad that anyone anywhere could ever think that GT5 wasn't the best racing game ever.

team Forza 3 have this awesome sense of denial. like, they can see every single flaw in GT5 but not one in Forza 3.

i don't know enough about cars to know which game has the more accurate models. nor do i know enough about them to know which game has the more accurate physics.

both are great games.

neither look as good as Hot Pursuit 2 running on PC though, but you guys keep debating which looks better between Forza 3 and GT5 and i'll stay entertained.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
commedieu said:

9wvZ3.jpg

Stallion Free said:
I love how you follow up the first sentence with the second.

When I read those sentences I was absolutely certain the post was going to be from the mind of a comedy mastermind. Then it turned out to be a legit fanboy rant.

commedieu said:

Well, that's true, GT5 destroys Forza 3 in almost every respect. In fact, GT5 will trump Forza 4 & 5 as well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Why this thread is even still going is beyond me. It's like a zone for bystanders and haters to hate on GT5. The game is so amazing, despite some of the opinions. And PD will continue to improve the experience with further patches.

Top Bottom