• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Yoritomo

lowrider007 said:
I dunno dude I just google'd for what I thought was the spelling of the track and cut and pasted, I guess I did a boo boo.

One name is a track in Nurburg. The other, Nuremberg, was the location for Nazi rallies and later on trials for Nazi leadership that was involved in the Holocaust. They're about 4 hours from each other.

CozMick

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
damn if this ain't the most butt-hurt post I ever did see. It's got deflection, hyperbole, anger and ad-hominem all in just a handful of words.

if the situation was reversed, your post would not exist.

Yes, because i'd be the one posting the Metacritic scores :lol :lol

Like I give a fuck what review scores games get, I bought Dead Nation 2/5 and Tumble 3 out of 10 and both games are quite fucking fantastic, Tumble is pure genius.

Shows how they get things wrong lots of times.

Shaneus

CozMick said:
Yes, because i'd be the one posting the Metacritic scores :lol :lol

Like I give a fuck what review scores games get, I bought Dead Nation 2/5 and Tumble 3 out of 10 and both games are quite fucking fantastic, Tumble is pure genius.

Shows how they get things wrong lots of times.
Who is "they" exactly? You know Metacritic is an aggregate review scoring site, don't you?

I just took this car (that I won with the 1000 car tick lottery with pure luck) for a five lap race to the Ring, with changing day/night and changing weather. I just there to try it but I ended up driving 45 minutes, right to the end. The lighting was fantastic, especially the low sun. It was one of the most epic drives I've ever had in any game so far.

344nts.jpg
AU2f9s.jpg
72LUJs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/344nt.jpg http://i.imgur.com/AU2f9.jpg http://i.imgur.com/72LUJ.jpg

It's a good example of the kind of thing that makes you love a game, and the difference between GT5 and the rest, imho.

Rolf NB

lowrider007 said:
I dunno dude I just google'd for what I thought was the spelling of the track and cut and pasted, I guess I did a boo boo.
Two towns. Nürburg and Nürnberg. The former has a kick-ass race track. The latter has an anglicised name.
Nuremberg is Nürnberg, not Nürburg.

Not much of a boo boo IMO. The names are close.

Shaneus

I just had a look at the Metacritic rating that was given to each of those games he mentioned. One was 79/100 the other was 74/100 :lol

cakefoo

Shaneus said:
I just had a look at the Metacritic rating that was given to each of those games he mentioned. One was 79/100 the other was 74/100 :lol
You've only just proved why he doesn't treat Metacritic as gospel. Having his own opinion is more respectable than being a lemming.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
cakefoo said:
You've only just proved why he doesn't treat Metacritic as gospel. Having his own opinion is more respectable than being a lemming.
You need to take the Metacritic commentary from both sides in context with their other posts in the thread. This thread especially. :lol

Shaneus

cakefoo said:
The reason I pointed it out was because while we were talking about Metacritic (a site that averages review scores) he said both games got bad reviews. I made the fair assumption they were both rated badly on that site, which they were not. I couldn't give a shit what they actually rated and how much he enjoyed them, just that he said one thing and when I looked, I saw another.

cakefoo

Shaneus said:
The reason I pointed it out was because while we were talking about Metacritic (a site that averages review scores) he said both games got bad reviews. I made the fair assumption they were both rated badly on that site, which they were not. I couldn't give a shit what they actually rated and how much he enjoyed them, just that he said one thing and when I looked, I saw another.
When he says "they" I took it to mean reviewers in general. I just assumed nobody could be so ignorant as to think Metascores were from a single publication.

XiaNaphryz said:
You need to take the Metacritic commentary from both sides in context with their other posts in the thread. This thread especially. :lol
But that would entail me reading more of this shit-stain of a thread :(

Shaneus

cakefoo said:
When he says "they" I took it to mean reviewers in general. I just assumed nobody could be so ignorant as to think Metascores were from a single publication.
Fair call... I initially thought that too, but Metacritic didn't show *any* reviews of those games with that specific score which I thought was odd.

Normally I can't be bothered with such petty nitpicking but for some reason I just love calling people out on bullshit in this thread. It's cathartic.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Shaneus said:
Normally I can't be bothered with such petty nitpicking but for some reason I just love calling people out on bullshit in this thread. It's cathartic.

If only you spent as much time playing games.

:D

acm2000 said:
they really need to up the gravity in GT5, way too floaty
I believe he was flying high because the ride height was maxed out and thus the suspension gave way to the airtime. I'm gonna try it now for lulz :p

LordPhoque said:
Such an unbiased video.
Oh wait.
FM3 has much better AI, it's a well known fact. Get over it. ;)
The video didnt say which game had better AI, it was more concerned with challenging that other comparison video, which seems to have been a carefully executed troll. In my experience, FM3 does have more interesting AI, but thhis guy's video still has value.

shinnn

CozMick said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_HJSJLL8_I

Oh oh oh, what do we have here?

A video to debunk any claims that Gran Turismo 5 has shitty AI.

:lol :lol :lol

By the looks of that video, it's just as good or infact better than Forza 3.
"the video you have been shown is nothing more than a carefully planned and executed ruse to show gran turismo 5 in a bad light" :lol

It's just the first corners in their respectives tracks. Conspiracy theory FTW :lol

This video doesn't prove anything. You should know that the orginal video was made by Computer Bild Spiele, a German site which actually rated GT5 above FM3. The AI was pretty much the only thing they didn't like.

I'm surprised that anyone who has played both games can honestly say that GT5 has better AI.

I think the AI in GT5 is terrible and makes the game almost unplayable near the end. I traded my copy in because of that shit. I have to say though, that I also didn't finish Forza. But that had other reasons.

It's hilarious to think that someone actually took the time to edit a video to debunk a troll attempt that hasn't been one in the first place.

Shaneus

Best argument ever. I love how the video has only been up for less than a day, too. Does that mean he's been searching for GT5 vs. Forza 3 videos (or articles) every day (every hour?) until a new one comes up that paints Gran Turismo in a more positive (or less negative) light?

Wow :lol

CozMick

Banned
Shaneus said:
Best argument ever. I love how the video has only been up for less than a day, too. Does that mean he's been searching for GT5 vs. Forza 3 videos (or articles) every day (every hour?) until a new one comes up that paints Gran Turismo in a more positive (or less negative) light?

He, as in me?

Someone posted it on the GT5 OT.

Nice try though :lol

Shaneus said:

You "wow" this one, but not the first one. Funny.

He captured his own videos from both games btw...

Forsete

See You Next Wednesday said:
I'm almost sure the A.I. was the exact same in those situations in GT3 & GT4.
Anyone want to test this theory out by popping GT4 quickly?

The AI was not the same. Anyone who has put time into these games will know that. They would slam right into your rear, even during the straights. GT4 has slightly better AI than GT3 though.

Afrikan

Shaneus said:

I think your post is more sad, to be honest.

what the fuck has happened to Gaf?

Shaneus

Yeah, "he" as in you, Mick. Didn't actually see it at all in the GT5 thread... didn't think vs. stuff was allowed to be posted in either of the OT's. Didn't see the first video either.

Yoritomo

I think the AI changes in GT5 depending on the difficulty and what level race you're on. That and the fact that the AIs that you have to fight the most because you're on a stringent time limit in license tests are absolutely abysmal. This means that everyone's first impressions of the GT5 AI are going to be absolutely terrible.

Ashes

Banned
Yoritomo said:
I think the AI changes in GT5 depending on the difficulty and what level race you're on. That and the fact that the AIs that you have to fight the most because you're on a stringent time limit in license tests are absolutely abysmal. This means that everyone's first impressions of the GT5 AI are going to be absolutely terrible.

speak for your self. :p

I played races in the extreme series before I had enough and sold the game. So I would have to disagree with Yorimoto. Unless the "real" AI is only available at level 40.

eso76

Neither video should be used to prove anything.
There's no point in showing you what happens when you deliberately try to work against the AI.

There was an in-depth comparison on digitalfoundry which made the games look basically the same in terms of AI...that is, under circumstances like stopping in the middle of the ideal line or driving in reverse.
This is not what anyone should be interested in finding out; my experience with both games tells a different story when it comes to how AI actually behaves during an actual race and not during an attempt to exploit it.

I never had the car behind bumping into me *repeatedly* when slowing down before a corner in fm3, and it happens all the time in GT5 (bump..bump...bump...bump); In general i'm finding opponents do try and avoid contact at all times in fm3 even at the risk of going offroad. They just don't care in GT5; and why would they ? it's not like crashing into your car could make them go spinning of something, that only happens to you :p
And no, this is NOT level dependant. AI driving SKILL is, but its interest in trying not to touch you isn't.

Afrikan

Piggus said:
What would we do without your infinite knowledge of everything GT?

herp derp indeed.

WTF?

ok now I think I get it...I have been wondering what has happened to this place recently......this is the NewAge GAF huh?....teenagers who talk out of their arses to troll threads.....I mean it's nothing new...but it just seems like it has increased lately.

I mean for someone to believe that GT1 had only Japanese cars, has to be a kid who didn't really play it....or at least wasn't old enough to remember anything properly from the game in the mid 90's.

Apex

I am sure most of the criticized GT5 bumps would end with a crash in RL, people like to drive without caring too much about AI cars, not respecting its lines, bumping, braking hard in front of them, overtaking all over the place, etc and waiting for a magical force field that protect the car to being touch, like an arcade. Also Yamauchi said the IA would remember you and would take revenge, have different personalities, etc...

This vid shows very well how dynamic can be the AI in a race:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA5jIuoP4bs

antiloop

CozMick said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_HJSJLL8_I

Oh oh oh, what do we have here?

A video to debunk any claims that Gran Turismo 5 has shitty AI.

:lol :lol :lol

By the looks of that video, it's just as good or infact better than Forza 3.

Not just that, this shows how most locations look much better than anything in Forza. At least more real. Even the rain that has been trolled in this thread.

I bet some people are paid to troll.

Afrikan said:
WTF?

ok now I think I get it...I have been wondering what has happened to this place recently......this is the NewAge GAF huh?....teenagers who talk out of their arses to troll threads.....I mean it's nothing new...but it just seems like it has increased lately.

I mean for someone to believe that GT1 had only Japanese cars, has to be a kid who didn't really play it....or at least wasn't old enough to remember anything properly from the game in the mid 90's.

You're in a comparison thread. That's what happened.

Top Bottom