• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

chubigans said:
Hardcore narrow road vs casual/noob/Kinect friendly extra large road (same track):

7HnHn.jpg

Forza will always be a great arcade racer, nothing more, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Also Forza has 30 fps rearview mirrors. lololol

Absolutely no elevation change.

diddles

Banned
Forza 4 seriously looks like a new burnout game. which isn't bad, but not what you want in a "sim". GT5 looks to me like the cars handle much more realistically also going by those pics.

I'm struggling to work out which posts are serious any more... I guess that probably says a lot about the thread generally.

/backs away slowly

diddles said:
Forza 4 seriously looks like a new burnout game. which isn't bad, but not what you want in a "sim". GT5 looks to me like the cars handle much more realistically also going by those pics.

what? how can you tell how a game is playing from the picture?

watership

The fuck? NO NO NO! Why?? I will not bare witness to this!

edit. FUCK. NOPE. Can't avoid it. Why are the pics for both games overexposed and looking like Sega rally images?

tusken77 said:
In GT5 you can turn the map off, the instruments off or clear the screen completely.
yeah I know... But I want to turn everything else off and keep the map and the speed instruments.

I dont need to see how much fuel in a 5 lap race or the names of the AI drivers in A Spec in the middle of a race.

Dibbz

Xun said:
I know right? It's practically 5 times as wide!
Not sure if you're agreeing or not but yeah Forza is like twice as wide which is a huge deal for the Ring. Oh and the camber and elevation change is way off on Forza.

The Stealth Fox

Witcher 2 is basically a poop game anyways, just like Mass Effect 1 and Metal Gear Solid 2. Just another one of Chinner's lies.

7HnHn.jpg

I don't understand why people are comparing GT5's nurburgring to Forza 4's Daytona International Speedway. It's just not a fair comparison.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gravijah said:
thats one ugly character

He's not ugly, he's weathered. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Also, thank you chinner for taking for blessing this thread, although it may not be worthy of Witcher 2 shots.

skyfinch

diddles said:

Sunglasses_shock.gif

Gravijah

Snuggler said:
He's not ugly, he's weathered. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Also, thank you chinner for taking for blessing this thread, although it may not be worthy of Witcher 2 shots.

he has renegade shepard eyes

Niks

Where are the Forza fans at?
I remember them giving GT5 a hard time when GT5 was not even out.

Where are yoooooouuuuuu....
;)

op_ivy said:
has nothing to do with FOV. nope

This excuse has been thrown around many times but it's completely untrue. No it doesn't "seem" wider because of the FoV. It is wider. If anything the FoV is helping, just look at how much thinner the car is, and yet the track is still wider.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
GTP_Daverytimes said:
Absolutely no elevation change.

anyone that has played any iteration of the ring in the forza series knows that there is definitely elevation change at that spot the picture was taken. i admit, it may not be visable in the screen, but its there.

op_ivy

Metalmurphy said:
This excuse has been thrown around many times but it's completely untrue. No it doesn't "seem" wider because of the FoV. It is wider. If anything the FoV is helping, just look at how much thinner the car is, and yet the track is still wider.

thats an effect of the FOV

compare this extreme
quake @ 90
dm4_0090_flat.jpg

quake @ 150
dm4_0150.jpg

notice the gun looks thinner, also stretched. just like the forza pic

Niks

op_ivy said:
anyone that has played any iteration of the ring in the forza series knows that there is definitely elevation change at that spot the picture was taken. i admit, it may not be visable in the screen, but its there.

Hmm.. I think its more about road camber than elevation change in that pic.

both games hit and miss in all areas, both look stunning in the right places.

I do prefer the ring look on gt5, forza trees since the first game have always been second nature to the cars themselves.

nib95

Banned
AZ Greg said:

Are these real comparison shots? Honestly speaking I thought F4 would look a lot better than GT5 but based on these shots it seems GT5 still comfortably takes the lead.

I was going to talk about some of GT5's standard tracks as a negative, but from the shots above, both games apparently have their rough spots.

Also, I think GT5 nails materials and colours better, such as the matt finish of the Zonda R, F50 Red and the off white of the 350Z.

op_ivy

commedieu said:
lol.

F4 looks good, but not GT5 good.

you are loling @ that subaru pic!? really? i wasnt even posting it to "compete" with the gt5 pic, just to compliment it by saying they both look OUTSTANDING.

but to shrug it off with a wall of pics is stupid. it does look outstanding, nearing photorealistic. at least as good as anything on consoles, period.

tusken77

op_ivy said:
you are loling @ that subaru pic!? really? i wasnt even posting it to "compete" with the gt5 pic, just to compliment it by saying they both look OUTSTANDING.

but to shrug it off with a wall of pics is stupid. it does look outstanding, nearing photorealistic. at least as good as anything on consoles, period.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the Forza pic is outstanding. The wheels don't look real at all. The tyres in particular look like they're made of plastic, like a toy car's.

Top Bottom