• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

jaypah

Every Friday I get off from work early, hook up my wheel and promptly remember how fucking bad I am at GT5. Why do I do this to myself week in week out? Who knows man. Its frustrating but damn is it fun. Wish my wheel worked with my 360 because i had fun with Forza 3 but i can't go back to a controller and i can't buy a wheel just for 360. I think both games are awesome. Sorry to derail the thread.

jaypah said:
Every Friday I get off from work early, hook up my wheel and promptly remember how fucking bad I am at GT5. Why do I do this to myself week in week out? Who knows man. Its frustrating but damn is it fun. Wish my wheel worked with my 360 because i had fun with Forza 3 but i can't go back to a controller and i can't buy a wheel just for 360. I think both games are awesome. Sorry to derail the thread.

hahahaha I'm exactly the same. Did it today actually. I can't control the high powered cars for shit and the low powered ones aren't as fun. Still I keep coming back.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
shinnn said:
vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbwGSTmhXK4

it's pretty much summarize the actual situation of this thread =D

awwww, I just can't hate this guy, I find his illiteracy and 'derp' like demeanor endearing, it's not his fault, he just wants to believe in something and he's chosen his console/games, I honestly nearly shed a tear watching that video, I know I shouldn't belittle the guy but I felt sorry for him.

The Stealth Fox

So if you commit an error on the track during a day/night transition in Forza and you re-wind, does the transition reverse?

FOR WE SHALL NEVER KNOW

Ty4on

Xanadu said:
maybe so, but PGR3 was not better than 2 for sure, a lot was removed
GT3 was better with like one forth the number of cars and Forza 2 was better without night and many tracks ;)

Edit: Oh, you have FM1 in your avatar, forgot about that :p

lowrider007 said:
awwww, I just can't hate this guy, I find his illiteracy and 'derp' like demeanor endearing, it's not his fault, he just wants to believe in something and he's chosen his console/games, I honestly nearly shed a tear watching that video, I know I shouldn't belittle the guy but I felt sorry for him.

I quite like the cockeyed spud too.

Xanadu

Banned
Ty4on said:
GT3 was better with like one forth the number of cars and Forza 2 was better without night and many tracks ;)

the games in my av are the best in the series ;)

I swear, everytime I see GT5 online the game looks ridiculously amazing, but when I play it, It always looks alright.

Maybe it's my tv settings or the video settings....I dont know.

Also GT5 aliasing is annoying.

Fixed2BeBroken said:
I swear, everytime I see GT5 online the game looks ridiculously amazing, but when I play it, It always looks alright.

Maybe it's my tv settings or the video settings....I dont know.

Also GT5 aliasing is annoying.

Not counting transparencies, Forza has even more aliasing that GT5. 4xMSAA vs. 2xMSAA.

CozMick

Banned
brotkasten said:
And? The result is still amazing.

But the point was people comparing those shots to in-game GT5 and saying they look on par :\

Yet comparing in-game F4 to in-game GT5 there's a clear winner visually and it ain't F4.

Shaneus

CozMick said:
But the point was people comparing those shots to in-game GT5 and saying they look on par :\

Yet comparing in-game F4 to in-game GT5 there's a clear winner visually and it ain't F4.
GTpics1-tm.jpg

chrislowe

what forza4 demo has, is oversaturation. it doesnst look real cause of that.
and the sun is way up in the sky, but even then the car is almost black on the side where the sun isnt shining.

and it still feels like driving on rails. its like you cant do wrong.

One thing I've always found lacking in other racing games on consoles apart from GT is soul. Its just my opinion but whenever I think of Gran Turismo I always put the game hand in hand with real world motorsport. GT to me is more than a game, a tradition not just in the gaming world but motorsport in general. Forza, as good as it is, will always be seen as a videogame and would never be able to take over the Gran Turismo name, which people seem to think it has.

Yoritomo

For anyone who doubts that some good might come of this thread, I have now ordered PGR4 because of it.

Sporran said:
Yes we know all about the warts, but just remember the ugly girls give a better ride ;)

Depending on the location of the warts, that might be a good reason to avoid sex altogether.

chrislowe said:
what forza4 demo has, is oversaturation. it doesnst look real cause of that.
and the sun is way up in the sky, but even then the car is almost black on the side where the sun isnt shining.

and it still feels like driving on rails. its like you cant do wrong.

If anything the cars on that that track are undersaturated, Looks good to me, far better than Forza 2 and 3.

Contrast is still off like you say, way too dark.

amar212

Khm... in all this graphics-crap comparasions did anyone actually for a second raised a fact how gorgeous GT5 delivers in 3D?

Like, in full-depth real-time actual gameplay 3D? No? Nobody?

panty

amar212 said:
Khm... in all this graphics-crap comparasions did anyone actually for a second raised a fact how gorgeous GT5 delivers in 3D?

Like, in full-depth real-time actual gameplay 3D? No? Nobody?
I will loose my 3D virginity when I get the hmd from Sony, HMZ-T1. Can't wait to play GT5 with it.

m0dus

Banned
Just a quick reminder to everybody (because this keeps popping up elsewhere):
NO GT discussion/comparisons/screenshots/bullshots in Forza threads.
NO Forza discussion/comparisons/screenshots/bullshots in GT threads.

Please keep such comparisons in this thread.

Just remember this: You are all rabid driving-sim-racists, and it has been proven time and again that civil discussion in a thread geared toward one title or another is nigh impossible. :)

Ty4on said:

They did cut quite a bit between Forza 2 and 3 though.

Jamesways

RacePro2/GTR3 will have better physics than both.
I say that based on RP having better physics than the terrible fm3 and gt5 now.

obligatory amidoingitright post.

Of course I'm not serious, I love them all.

Top Bottom