• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Sethos

Banned
aaakmaadn.jpg

Raonak

Banned
Man.... I wish there was a way to turn off dust effects in GT(or turn off dust transparency) sometimes i puts me off racing in the dust/rain

highest highs and lowest lows. can't wait for spec II, needed an excuse to get back to the game.

Phonomezer said:
Someone should do a gif of Forza 4's review scores.

Off-screen, of course.

I don't think sim fans care what game reviews better, your average journalist knows nothing about what makes a sim game enjoyable.

Raonak said:
Man.... I wish there was a way to turn off dust effects in GT(or turn off dust transparency) sometimes i puts me off racing in the dust/rain

Racing in the rain = low visibility behind cars. Someone mentioned to me while they were playing GT that the spray from the rain shouldn't be in the game and its too hard to see at night at the nurburgring, its a simulation what you get in real life is what you get in the game. I'm glad PD did not tone down the simulation aspect of the game to please DS3 users and I'm glad the game was built for a steering wheel because thats how a racing sim should be made.

Dead Man said:
Lots of people seem to be willing to ignore all of GT5's flaws because they consider them incidental to the driving. I can't. The design of the game is at the core of the enjoyment derived to me. I cannot say a game that has so many bizarre decisions in its design is a great game. It is a great driving experience, but it is a terrible anything else experience.

I haven't seen a GT fan that calls GT5 a "Great game", we all know the incredibly stupid decisions that PD made and if you look at GTplanet you will understand the amount of heat PD got. The only difference is that we do not dwell on those stupid choices, we enjoy the good things that GT5 has to offer. The good things might not outweigh the bad things in GT5 but we point out the bad and enjoy the good. If all we did was bitch about the bad then the person shouldn't be playing the game in the first place. Learn to enjoy the good things in life.

eso76 said:
Nope, sorry, that's not going to work. Way too easy.

Ok then,

better textures
better (more realistic) lighting
better car models
one is an online race the other one isn't

Forza 4 has more people in the crowds though. There's that.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
This probably isn't the right thread for diplomacy but I honestly think that the games look so similar now that ultimately it has to come down to feature set and preferred physics/ai engine.

I think being that these games pitch themselves as driving simulators the most important question imo is which one feels most true to real life, that is the winner imo, people seem to think graphics determine which is better but in a simulator I'd say that is pretty low in packing order.

Something that has always bothered me is that both games with either all the assists on or off seem to handle cornering very differently, I tend to find Forza is much more forgiving on the corners compared with GT and I can never decide if that means it's more or less realistic, I tend to prefer how Forza drives but I have a feeling that is because I find it easier.

pmj

Mascot said:
Nobody from Turn 10 actually said that. I coined the phrase in one of the Forza threads and it kind of caught on.

(BTW, both the GT and FM series are brilliant. I know! I must be mad!)
Sorry about that. I didn't know where it came from so I googled it and got hits outside NeoGAF. I just assumed it was from one of the interviews.

Xun

Metalmurphy said:
Not a complain cause it only happens during 1 frame or so, but anyone else noticed this? lol

24eRs.jpg
I've noticed it before, but I just couldn't be bothered to mention it.

It is rather strange.

OldJadedGamer said:
Not really though as no one is paying you to give your opinion.
And what makes a paying opinion a more reliable one? lol

Xun said:
I've noticed it before, but I just couldn't be bothered to mention it.

It is rather strange.
Might be the IBL still loading or something.

Chinner said:
does forza or gran turismo have green shells in them?

Does The Witcher 2 have them?

Top Bottom