• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

TUROK

Dodgy_Alpha1.jpg.jpg

Can someone replicate this in Forza?

iceatcs

Angst said:
Same here. No 360 though and I would buy one if I could use the wheel I have, but I can't so that's MS' loss.
Same, I have played F4 demo with pad only. It's a good game but I won't buy it because I rather play it further with wheel.
My g25 wheel is enough, I suppose I'm out until whenever they are going to support these missing support wheels.

shinnn

Dibbz said:
Soft shadows are not the same as low res shadows.

201110091548015097fy.jpg

2011100915474948q7ww.jpg

2011100915473045f7mw.jpg

ops... shame that my GT5 version is broken. Shame I can't buy the "GT5 special GAF gif edition".
2011100915444237v72b.jpg

201110091534543437mb.jpg

anyone wanna discuss hood reflections? pretty sure someone will say that it's not bad in GT5 lol

The Stealth Fox

I can't wait for October 11th. Once someones find a glaring visual defect in Forza, it's all over.

In the mean time the Flopza fans can have fun with their Micromachines models and saturday morning cartoon graphics.

Eiscafe

Neo Member
The Stealth Fox said:
I can't wait for October 11th. Once someones find a glaring visual defect in Forza, it's all over.

Europeans have to wait for October 14th. -.-

Wazzim said:
Why do you keep typing 'booth' instead of 'both'. Is it some kind of joke?

I don't know, browser lag? xD

Wazzim

Banned
Eiscafe said:
I have the same feeling but i will spend my time with booth games. I am a photographer and spend hours only in the photo mode.
Why do you keep typing 'booth' instead of 'both'. Is it some kind of joke?

The Stealth Fox said:

In the mean time the Flopza fans can have fun with their Micromachines models and saturday morning cartoon graphics.
You might be a Stealth Fox but you sure ain't a Stealth Troll.

shinnn said:
[]http://www.abload.de/img/201110091548015097fy.jpg[/IMG]
[]http://www.abload.de/img/2011100915474948q7ww.jpg[/IMG]
[]http://www.abload.de/img/2011100915473045f7mw.jpg[/IMG]

ops... shame that my GT5 version is broken. Shame I can't buy the "GT5 special GAF gif edition".
[]http://www.abload.de/img/2011100915444237v72b.jpg[/IMG]
[]http://www.abload.de/img/201110091534543437mb.jpg[/IMG]

anyone wanna discuss hood reflections? pretty sure someone will say that it's not bad in GT5 lol

Wait... u actually think those shadows look bad? oO

shinnn

Eiscafe said:
I have the same feeling but i will spend my time with booth games. I am a photographer and spend hours only in the photo mode.
At least in one game you don't need to watch replays to access photomode, neither dodge cubic shadows, smoke, rain and avoid 80% of car list and some tracks =p

iceatcs

I love sharp shadow, hate so much the hazy shadow (aka GTA4) is worse lighting method of all.

I wish GT5 should have upper the shadow resolution more and fix the alpha effects.

Eiscafe

Neo Member
shinnn said:
At least in one game you don't need to watch replays to access photomode, neither dodge cubic shadows, smoke, rain and avoid 80% of car list and some tracks =p

Haha, i know this problem very well.

The Stealth Fox said:
The idea that you have to avoid 80% of the cars to show off GT5's great visuals is a load of horse shit.
The game still has 200+ cars that exceed the quality of what Forza has. It's people like you that like to dwell on the whole "80%" thing.

iceatcs

I wish Polyphony allow these outsources for model-work like Turn 10 done lot of them.

We might have more GT5 standard cars if they do.

The Stealth Fox said:
The idea that you have to avoid 80% of the cars to show off GT5's great visuals is a load of horse shit.

I would agree with you -- if the game only had like 100 cars in it. I almost feel like people linger on the statistics too much. Things could always be better, but would people have preferred they entirely leave the standard cars out. Would that have made it a better game?

You can still get a full experience with the premium models that are included.

The Stealth Fox

get2sammyb said:
I would agree with you -- if the game only had like 100 cars in it. I almost feel like people linger on the statistics too much. Things could always be better, but would people have preferred they entirely leave the standard cars out. Would that have made it a better game?

You can still get a full experience with the premium models that are included.

I'm arguing that all standards were not created equal.

statham

phosphor112 said:
The game still has 200+ cars that exceed the quality of what Forza has. It's people like you that like to dwell on the whole "80%" thing.
dwelling can be fun, forza 4 has 500 cars that look better then 80% of GT5 cars.

Majanew

Banned
GT5 looks great in a lot of places and bad in others. It's more of a mixed bag to me. While GT5 does some things better than Forza, Forza just seems more consistent. I haven't even studied FM4 demo's graphics too much...I'm frakkin' addicted to Rivals mode in the demo.

phosphor112 said:
Forza 4 has 500 cars that look better than 100% of GT4/PSP cars. Not 80% of GT5 cars. =]
80% of GT5 cars are last-gen cars. ;)

The Stealth Fox

amar212 said:
Not just on consoles to be honest..

Yeah, I just didn't want some PC gaffer jumping in with some screenshots of some WIP game I've never heard of.

The premiums are unmatched, even if some of them are more detailed than others.

Theonik

statham said:
dwelling can be fun, forza 4 has 500 cars that look better then 80% of GT5 cars.
Well, it's clearly a quantity vs quality question, except both games seem to lack both in different areas, for the sake of following the ridiculousness of this thread let's try this:
let's say that Forza 4 quality cars are 1. They are at least twice (100% more) as good as GT4/standard cars on Gt5 so let's say they count as 0.5. Then let's say that Gt5 premium cars are 50% better than forza cars so they count as 1.5.
Forza 4 = 500*1 = 500
GT5 = 200*1.5 + 800*0.5 = 700
In this silly experiment GT5 obviously is better. Now this shows how one could spin this argument either way with the most ridiculous excuses.
I'm obviously joking here, don't take this seriously

eso76

GTP_Daverytimes said:
The Nurburgring is also like that, the only track that i have seen so far in Forza 4 with a respectable draw distance is the Alps.

Except that's not 'fog'. That's haze, and it's supposed to be there. It doesn't hide draw in or pop up, it's Leonardo da Vinci's aerial perspective.

eso76 said:
Except that's not 'fog'. That's haze, and it's supposed to be there. It doesn't hide draw in or pop up, it's Leonardo da Vinci's aerial perspective.
Even in the most humid of days, IMS has NEVER been that hazy.

Fact.

Sporran said:
We all know this is one of the warts of GT5 but what still bugs me is how PD during the dev thought this was acceptable.

The PS3 isn't particularly good at alpha effects. They would have to heavily reduce the effect in order to avoid it. Just take look at what Codemasters had to do with F1

AcxWo.jpg

PS3
wpu5I.jpg

Sporran

Metalmurphy said:
It's not something they could work around. It's a PS3 limitation.

limitation in what, am interested now. I know burnout paradise shows it a little and i mean a little but then no rain?

Sporran said:
limitation in what, am interested now. I know burnout paradise shows it a little and i mean a little but then no rain?

Look above you sunshine, it's called hardware limitation. If anything Turn 10 should be the ones providing better smoke effects but they choose not to.

Mascot

The Stealth Fox said:

Jesus Christ...

Top Bottom