• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

statham

spwolf said:
standard cars have same physics models as premium ones... they are great for racing.
Do you hate cars? Is that the question?

You guys realize all the idea behind all those different specs cars? Kaz explained it the quote on this page.
lol, kaz is god right?

spwolf said:
standard cars have same physics models as premium ones... they are great for racing.
Do you hate cars? Is that the question?

You guys realize all the idea behind all those different specs cars? Kaz explained it the quote on this page.

I didn't know poor time and project management is now considered an "idea." Did Kaz also explain releasing the game unfinished and needing to be heavily patched right after launch?

Angst said:
Is the smoke in F4 sprite based? Puff, puff, puff :D

puff puff puff

gCYA4.jpg

mrfolego

Banned
spwolf said:
huh? first you didnt like all the Nissans and then you wanted them to update them?
Did the desire for the update of GT4 models come from the realization that they were not?
So the fact I wish that they spent that time making useless skylines to instead touch up those cars makes me want them gone now? I can accept that they 'future proofed' these vehicles but I can still express my displeasure about their management

I also knew these were last gen cars before I bought the game last year, you can stop assuming things

I'm going to settle this debate once and for all. Do you know why? It's because I couldn't care for either of these games and I'm yet to contribute ANYTHING to this thread. Therefore, I am impartial and wise.
:)

(Seriously, though) GT5 wins in the modeling department purely because of its lighting and material quality/variety. Forza 4 cars looks more "video game-y". I really don't see how anyone could disagree.

amar212

chubigans said:
Let's see some video then. Muhahahhaa!

Yeah, I would like to see it too.

Also, that videos are Prologue, so we're talking about 2007 here.

I mean I can understand some bias, but this is getting really ridicoluos.

Shaneus

mickcenary said:
(Seriously, though) GT5 wins in the modeling department purely because of its lighting and material quality/variety. Forza 4 cars looks more "video game-y". I really don't see how anyone could disagree.
In Forza 4, the cars look 80% realistic. In GT5, 80% of the cars look realistic.

Pazuzu9 said:
Ahh those were the days. Back in Prologue when the driver had his thumbs in the right place.
fuck. Never noticed that before

Now Ill never be able to use cockpit view in GT5 again without thinking "whats with the drivers thumbs"

Thanks.

Apex

RukusProvider said:
I didn't know poor time and project management is now considered an "idea." Did Kaz also explain releasing the game unfinished and needing to be heavily patched right after launch?
Eurogamer: The game's finally out today. What took you so long?

Kazunori Yamauchi: We really wanted to make it incredible, and to make something incredible just takes time. But it's still not perfect.

Eurogamer: What's not perfect? You said on stage you're going to be upgrading every week, every month – what specifically do you want to work on?

Kazunori Yamauchi: That's sort of a surprise we're keeping for the future. Once games go online it's no longer the type of thing where you just make it, hand it over to the players and they go out and play it. Games will keep evolving.

Now it's released we're going to have several million people who'll become citizens of Gran Turismo. From here on we have to listen to their voice and see what they want and change the game accordingly to match their needs. So Gran Turismo really is just at the starting point, it's really the beginning and we're just going to evolve from here.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-25-kazunori-yamauchi-interview-interview

amar212

H_Prestige said:
Than GT5? They're the same.

No, he's right. Same situation with GT4: Prologue in 2003.

Both Prologues had somewhat better graphics, but also were lacking effects and such of final games. But the point is valid in some perspective, I completely agree.

Shaneus said:
In Forza 4, the cars look 80% realistic. In GT5, 80% of the cars look realistic.

Think you meant 20%, and not entirely true anyway. Some standards look very realistic. The ones made for the PSP for example.

5333364244_a0788b9b80.jpg

My favorite.

spwolf

mrfolego said:
So the fact I wish that they spent that time making useless skylines to instead touch up those cars makes me want them gone now? I can accept that they 'future proofed' these vehicles but I can still express my displeasure about their management

I also knew these were last gen cars before I bought the game last year, you can stop assuming things

25% of those are Super GT cars... then you have some cars from Prologue and some older and very important classic Nissans.

What exactly is too much? That they had R32, R33 and R34?
There shouldnt be 300Z? Or 370Z? Or GTR for which PD designed the interface? Or Skylines?

I think your desire should have been to get more manufacturers as well represented as Nissan, as Nissan had some very important sports car when it comes to Japan's sports car heritage.

tusken77

Lingitiz said:
As a fairly casual racer who got bored with Forza 3 fairly quickly, and whose last GT game was A-Spec, can someone sell me a bit on GT5?

If for nothing else, taking your favourite car around the Nurburgring with no HUD, in the evening as the sun is setting, driving into the darkness of night, while The Lisbon Maru by Fuck Buttons from GT5's soundtrack plays. One of the most incredible experiences my PS3 has ever given me. It gives me chills just thinking about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLL7SXbF3kA

spwolf

Pazuzu9 said:
Nope. Prologue had far less shadow issues, and a better average framerate. And the driver's thumbs were in the right place.

well I can tell you Prologue had less issues with shadows in the rain.
But I dont think it was smoother than GT5...

spwolf said:
well I can tell you Prologue had less issues with shadows in the rain.
But I dont think it was smoother than GT5...
There was rain in Prologue?

Oh and also the crowd was lower res, and there was more pop-up on Eiger in the final version.

Shaneus said:

Agreed. The non-premium cars are crimes against the industry. Stupid Polyphony.

Also, Webber, you wang: why can't you start from the grid as well as you recklessly pass people?!

GOD.

rvy said:
If only. GT5 has more stuff, but GT5P is much more consistent and the framerate is better.
Yeah, I know the performance is a bit better in GT5P. But car modeling/lighting/resolution didn't take a hit.

so I just thought of something fun.

Lets say PD will have GT6 out 3 years after GT5.

Turn 10 will stick to there 2 year dev cycle. probably have Forza 5 as a early title on the next box like Forza 2 was on the 360.

That means there is a pretty good chance Forza 5 and GT6 will be out in holiday 2013.

That should be fun ... although with GT's history of delays I suspect late 13 will turn to early 2014.

funkystudent said:
so I just thought of something fun.

Lets say PD will have GT6 out 3 years after GT5.

Turn 10 will stick to there 2 year dev cycle. probably have Forza 5 as a early title on the next box like Forza 2 was on the 360.

That means there is a pretty good chance Forza 5 and GT6 will be out in holiday 2013.

That should be fun ... although with GT's history of delays I suspect late 13 will turn to early 2014.

After the clusterfuck that was GT5's release, i highly doubt such a thing will be repeated again. PD in a realistic setting should get their game out by late 2013 to early 2014.

Shaneus

Metalmurphy said:
Think you meant 20%, and not entirely true anyway. Some standards look very realistic. The ones made for the PSP for example.
Yeah, you knew what I was getting at. Fact of the matter is, neither game looks 100% realistic 100% of the time, either due to design decisions, hardware limitations or inexperience. The best that can be done by either developer is to make the rest of the experience as good as possible, which has been done by T10 with FM4 and PD (I guess) with Spec II.

Argument ovah.

GTP_Daverytimes said:
After the clusterfuck that was GT5's release, i highly doubt such a thing will be repeated again. PD in a realistic setting should get their game out by late 2013 to early 2014.
which is exactly what I said

Top Bottom