• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

-GOUKI- said:
avermediacenter20111011.jpg

LOL that almost looks like a standard car hahaha

PGR4 has awesome wet shaders (I wish GT5 had those!!) and good (prebaked) lighting, specially for its time and hardware. But yeah, it really doesn't look as good as GT5, because you know, double the framerate and more resolution mean quite a lot.

Caddle

Look at this way, the sony fanyboy are all butthurt how the ps3 was slapped around this gen by the 360. Before the ps3 was released, everything was about wall guy, and how the 360 would be another dreamcast. Get to fuck over it, the gen is almost over and hopefully sony does better next time.

Caddle said:
Look at this way, the sony fanyboy are all butthurt how the ps3 was slapped around this gen by the 360. Before the ps3 was released, everything was about wall guy, and how the 360 would be another dreamcast. Get to fuck over it, the gen is almost over and hopefully sony does better next time.

Yeah, slapping is something that Turn 10 enjoys, right?

test_account

XP-39C²
Caddle said:
I dont think that you've read many of the post in this thread? :p The arguement have been going both ways, so i dont know why you single out "sony fanboys" (which doesnt necessarily have much to do with this because we're talking about two specific games, not two consoles).

Caddle

The year of the PS3, since 2006. Who will the saviour be ? Uncharted, killzone, mgs4, gt5. Let's end this now, we all know what this thread is all about. Just like kaz said it's not a sim if it's not 60fps.

test_account

XP-39C²
Caddle said:
The year of the PS3, since 2006. Who will the saviour be ? Uncharted, killzone, mgs4, gt5. Let's end this now, we all know what this thread is all about. Just like kaz said it's not a sim if it's not 60fps.
Why do you bring this stuff into this thread? This is a thread about GT5 vs FM4, not about console warz. As i mentioned, the arguement has gone both ways, it havnt been just one sided that GT5 is better than FM4 or that FM4 is better than GT5.

Snubbers

Caddle said:

Blimey, this thread is working brilliantly, its pulling in fanboys from far and wide :p

pro-tip: you should get a pro-tip, it makes you look like a pro...

Iknos

test_account said:
Why do you bring this stuff into this thread? This is a thread about GT5 vs FM4, not about console warz. As i mentioned, the arguement has gone both ways, it havnt been just one sided that GT5 is better than FM4 or that FM4 is better than GT5.
It's been more about console wars than an actual comparison.

Or can you compare me to the post that compares the tuning of cars?

Any post that compares the online modes an configuration options for online matches?

Or how about one that compares career progression and car purchases?

Get me a post that compares leaderboard implementation. Online community.

Maybe I need to comb thru the thread for this. Maybe you are right and there are posts that cover rhose topics. But somehow I don't think so.

Caddle said:

This is the wrong thread for that Sony vs MS bullshit.

Pepto said:

84 vs 85, that got me cracking for some reason.

test_account

XP-39C²
Iknos said:
It's been more about console wars than an actual comparison.

Or can you compare me to the post that compares the tuning of cars?

Any post that compares the online modes an configuration options for online matches?

Or how about one that compares career progression and car purchases?

Get me a post that compares leaderboard implementation. Online community.

Maybe I need to comb thru the thread for this. Maybe you are right and there are posts that cover rhose topics. But somehow I don't think so.
I do agree to that several of posts have seemed to been more biased towards one game rather than trying to do a more objective comparsion, indeed. But to talk about "the year of the PS3" etc. and only single out one side, that doesnt have much to do in this thread in my opinion. Then he talk about the whole platform itself, which this thread isnt about. So i just wanted to ask him why he started mentioning those things in this thread =)

Shaneus

Risk Breaker said:
And 0% have self-shadowing.

:p

I remember right, don't I?
Pre-update they did! Someone form Bizarre actually said they had no idea that happened when the last update came out and by the time they heard, they were already on their way out. If you play PGR4 without any updates (which means, no extra cars/game modes) you'll get your shadows :)

Truespeed

Apex said:
PGR4 has half the cars than GT5 Premiums and only 8 cars on track vs 16.

What is it about 360 racing games and their inability to put 16 cars on track? I mean if you're going to say you bitch slapped someone and took their crown away don't you think you should at least equal the car count?

Krakatoa

Truespeed said:
What is it about 360 racing games and their inability to put 16 cars on track? I mean if you're going to say you bitch slapped someone and took their crown away don't you think you should at least equal the car count?

Quality over Quantity?

bj00rn_

Banned
Apex said:
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1248/full-res/1120056994.jpg[img]

[img]http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1248/full-res/1120056993.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/2dvpmdkvdu8.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/2vwfrzrafjx.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/16k7237wd9q.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the dumbass who right before the GTAIV release posted videos from it running on an old devkit with a fucked up HDD..

Apex, I remember you being a decent poster last gen, why are you so actively participating in the scumbaggery going on here?

Snubbers

Dibbz said:
lol at those Forza shots.

I need to return my GT5 and get the one you have, where no doubt you can only look at photomode and you don't race, you just stop at key points on a track and look at selective parts in wonderment, because largely, like for like in-game actual racing looks pretty similar on my copy of GT5.

Can you point me in the direction of all these reviews which say that FM4 is a huge distance from GT5 in the graphic department?, because all I read (backed up by my eyes) was FM4 had largely closed the gap, with GT still having a slight edge in a couple of places... Nowhere near LOL territory...

AZ Greg

Best part of this thread is that both games are an inconsistent mess visually. Particularly during the time you'll spend 90% of your playtime.

Bring on next-gen.

Snubbers

NIghtWolf said:
Yeah, Low quantity vs High quality.

Remind me again where the framerate drops generally occur, and why a lot of rolling starts are employed, it wouldn't be due to having more cars close up then the graphics engine can handle.?

It's obvious the compromises you have to make to get more cars in a race.. which isn't necesarrily a terrible thing.

And technically, FM4 has unlimited cars in a track day event... but that is stretching things somewhat, even if par for the course in this thread!

ghibli99

AZ Greg said:
Best part of this thread is that both games are an inconsistent mess visually. Particularly during the time you'll spend 90% of your playtime.

Bring on next-gen.
While I wouldn't go so far as to call either of them an inconsistent mess visually, there's definitely a good deal of room for improvement. This thread still manages to make me laugh, but most of it just reminds me of the age-old saying: "Don't argue with a fool. People might not know the difference."

NIghtWolf

Snubbers said:
Remind me again where the framerate drops generally occur, and why a lot of rolling starts are employed, it wouldn't be due to having more cars close up then the graphics engine can handle.?

It's obvious the compromises you have to make to get more cars in a race.. which isn't necesarrily a terrible thing.

And technically, FM4 has unlimited cars in a track day event... but that is stretching things somewhat, even if par for the course in this thread!

I wasn't even referring to any game I just gave him a answer he could understand as he pleases. I do believe that bringing pgr4 here is out of topic (a little).

Top Bottom