• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

pixelbox

bishoptl said:
Get back on track (so to speak)
:/ ...You know the few times when GT5 drops frames is when you're in city levels. Maybe Turn 10 removed city levels to make sure the game is locked at 60 FPS. Just like weather, and night tracks were omitted because of the strain.

TUROK

pixelbox said:
Ok, other than memory why doesn't it. Because they "can't work independently"? Or the cache? Or maybe it's Xenon's VMX per core. Instead of these empty, cute "lulz" remarks why don't back it up with facts? If you can't that's cool, but the point is GT5 does alot more than F4 at near FPS. Both are exclusive Devs and PS3 games in general has been looking better while doing more. How, if it has less available memory, a worse CPU/GPU, and is hard to develop for?
Because they're vector processors! They're designed for number crunching, they're not general purpose cores like Xenon's cores. You can't just say "hurr durr, PS3 has more processors than the 360 so its better."

Now, in GT5 vs Forza 4's case, it's very possible GT5 has the advantage in physics calculations due to the nature of the SPE's, but that doesn't make this comment: "Oh dear...So i guess those 4 extra processors means shit then. More is less." any less ignorant.

Also, you're not helping with your "I know all this stuff and you don't" attitude.

pixelbox

TUROK said:
Because they're vector processors! They're designed for number crunching, they're not general purpose cores like Xenon's cores. You can't just say "hurr durr, PS3 has more processors than the 360 so its better."

Now, in GT5 vs Forza 4's case, it's very possible GT5 has the advantage in physics calculations due to the nature of the SPE's, but that doesn't make this comment: "Oh dear...So i guess those 4 extra processors means shit then. More is less." any less ignorant.

Also, you're not helping with your "I know all this stuff and you don't" attitude.
Oh wow...Im not going to derail the tread anymore but ill say this: You do realise gamwe code is not general right? And I hope you know the SPEs aren't just you standard vector processors. And lastly 360s CPU doesn't have much logic in them, you can't really call it a general processor. A quick search could clear anything up :)

hirokazu said:
I liked it better when people were posting screenshots and photo mode pics that were either amazing or hilariously bad...
The truth.

It's pretty great seeing people find the worst possible shots of each game. It's a good change from the pretty forza/gt pic threads.

cutmeamango said:
Killzone is the best racer.

Well, following the Naughty Dog rule of a kart game as its fourth game on its console, and with us knowing the physical prowess of Uncharted 3...

Unkarted will be the messiah of racing games.

TUROK

pixelbox said:
Oh wow...Im not going to derail the tread anymore but ill say this: You do realise gamwe code is not general right? And I hope you know the SPEs aren't just you standard vector processors. And lastly 360s CPU doesn't have much logic in them, you can't really call it a general processor. A quick search could clear anything up :)
Shit, now I remember you. You were spouting off the same BS in one of the Crysis 2 threads. If I had known that earlier, I wouldn't have bothered.

pixelbox

TUROK said:
Shit, now I remember you. You were spouting off the same BS in one of the Crysis 2 threads. If I had known that earlier, I wouldn't have bothered.
Yeah, the game the runs sub res and sub 15 FPS, huh. And that turn out not having GL even when Crytek specifically stated it would. There were even some jokers said they've spotted the effect! How bout that 25 to 30 FPS for the Crysis 1? Thought they measured the framerate below 15...

Jamesways

pixelbox said:
Yeah, the game the runs sub res and sub 15 FPS, huh. And that turn out not having GL even when Crytek specifically stated it would. There were even some jokers said they've spotted the effect! How bout that 25 to 30 FPS for the Crysis 1? Thought they measured the framerate below 15...

Now it's about Crysis? Weren't we supposed to get back on track with GT5 vs Fm4?

I mean as much as racing fans love SPE and GLflops specs... riveting.

pixelbox

Jamesways said:
Now it's about Crysis? Weren't we supposed to get back on track with GT5 vs Fm4?

I mean as much as racing fans love SPE and GLflops specs... riveting.
My bad. This thread melted into a PS3 vs 360 hasn't it...

p3tran

Banned
The fact is that forza beat gt
You cant really beat around the bush about it.

Now bring new consoles to see what happens next gen.
Can yamauchi's shoot for the stars altitude be properly implemented in this lifespan?
Will greenawalt's western style beard be an obstacle within indian modeling subcontractors?
Will forza5 flicker, tear and framedrop?
Will gt6's honda s2k have a bad nose?
Will forza6 have paint chip dlc?
Will gt6 offer aid for the steering wheel aid?
And will t10 or polyphony get the fuckin porsche license?

People that play both games know. We are here for the rest of them :D
Just remember folks, they ARE games. Both of them

panty

p3tran said:
The fact is that forza beat gt
You cant really beat around the bush about it.
I'm sorry but do you even own a PS3? When talking about console-sims, GT5 is simply better.

You can't really beat around the bush about it.

p3tran

Banned
PantyPhantom said:
I'm sorry but do you even own a PS3? When talking about console-sims, GT5 is simply better.

You can't really beat around the bush about it.
While I see it makes sense in this topic to not have both games/consoles and still have a fiery opinion,
unfortunately I do have both consoles and both games in debate here :)))

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Shaneus said:
Only difference is that he knows when he puts the disc in, he won't have to wait a few hours for it to download and install all the patches ;)

It's a Bethesda game, he will need to download several patches just to get it running.

Truespeed said:
Here's another numerical reminder:

16 > 12

Oooo oooo I wana try

60 > ~60

Why can't we all just agree that both these games are the top of the compition and both are equally as impressive for what they do.

test_account

XP-39C²
higherARC05 said:
Oooo oooo I wana try

60 > ~60
Not necessarily, because ~60 can also mean that it is higher than 60 ;)

higherARC05 said:
Why can't we all just agree that both these games are the top of the compition and both are equally as impressive for what they do.
I agree. I dont mind comparisons, but it would be better if it was done in a more objective way. I also dont think that there is any need to take a screenshot from the worse angle when playing the actual games doesnt represent such quality (meaning that you wont notice (or at least notice it very little) such quality while playing).

higherARC05 said:
Oooo oooo I wana try

60 > ~60

Definitely, Forza is the leader of the arcade racer that happens to play itself genre.

ResidentDante said:
Marginally Metalmurphy in all his vastly fanboy glory.
Didn't knew stating facts were reasons to be called a fanboy, I also don't see how that's related to my pc gaming fanboyism. ..

This however...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17750193&postcount=1721
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17806270&postcount=3382
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17939470&postcount=4989
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18028976&postcount=6007

Should I keep going?

There's always these timeless classics.

ResidentDante said:
:lol
Yeah, it's same technology as the spaceships in Wipeout use....airbrakes :lol
ResidentDante said:
:lol
Clearly the car knowledge is really high with GT fans, seem to remember somebody saying how fantastic the airbrakes on a Ferrari looked and moved :lol

This from a self proclaimed racing fan
lol.gif

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
":lol
Clearly the car knowledge is really high with GT fans, seem to remember somebody saying how fantastic the airbrakes on a Ferrari looked and moved :lol"
This from a self proclaimed racing fan
lol.gif
Amazing :D
Wings on some cars move, thus generating downforce, which can be used to slow the car down. Moving aeros have been in GT since GT4 or GT3? On the PS2 - imagine the feat from Kaz' PS1 team to pull that off!

Angst said:
Amazing :D
Wings on some cars move, thus generating downforce, which can be used to slow the car down. Moving aeros have been in GT since GT4 or GT3? On the PS2 - imagine the feat from Kaz' PS1 team to pull that off!
Nice that what I meant didn't really get heard. Airbrakes is this for all your information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_brake_(road_vehicle)

The moving spoiler which I commented about in that quote activates at a certain speed. It can be used to slow down or help with downforce. See the bottom part of the Wiki page. It's a fucking spoiler at the end of the day since it's use isn't only for braking. When it is angled for braking it works like an airbrake on an airplane. When you go fast it works like a spoiler to help downforce.

Top Bottom