• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Honestly, the Forza model looks better in my opinion.

5479724328_c3792e3e39.jpg

Heres a more fair comparison.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, I might as well take advantage of this necrobump to fix the image in the OP.

I liked the old Forza logo better. :/ Contrasted with the brighter lighting in Forza.

Forza is not realistic, confirmed.

(/there we go)

All I ask for in GT6 is better car sounds. They have the actual engine sounds when you test it in the menu, but it sounds like a fucking vacuum cleaner when you're actually racing.

One of the most epic threads returns, now for that GT6 vs Forza 5 battle. Anyone want to bet on who wins, remember GT6 is possibly going to be on current gen hardware while Forza 5 will be on next gen hardware. Imagine the shitstorm if GT6 looks better than a next gen console Forza.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://kevamorris.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/gran-turismo-4-20041013112614328_640w.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/106/reviews/932731_20070417_screen006.jpg

come on guys lets go

No contest, Forza 1 looks better than GT4. No ands, ifs, or buts. X-box was a graphical beast in the day so this should be obvious.

Plus, Forza 1 had real point-to-point racing
that Forza 2-3 lost, dunno about 4 ;_;
in it. Something GT didn't have until 5 and still can't even copy that properly.

One of the most epic threads returns, now for that GT6 vs Forza 5 battle. Anyone want to bet on who wins, remember GT6 is possibly going to be on current gen hardware while Forza 5 will be on next gen hardware. Imagine the shitstorm if GT6 looks better than a next gen console Forza.
There will be blood!

can't wait! Exciting times ahead ^_^

who is going to make the new thread?

eso76

Honestly, the Forza model looks better in my opinion.

What ruins it is the flat lighting and all those solid black lines everywhere ( like the ones around the headlights ) those don't make sense and kill the realism completely.
Doesn't happen in home space locations where ibl is more accurate.
Hope fm5 will use the same lighting solution ingame.

ZoddGutts

Don't blame Polyphony Digital wanting to do another GT game for the PS3 if the rumors are true. They lost the crown to Forza 4 this gen, so they'll try to reclaim it back. Let's see if they can do it.

Mobius 1

I've never participated in this thread because I could never find the words to convey how I perceive these two franchises.

Suddenly, I realized that I can do it through the power of the photograph:

Gran Turismo and Polyphony Digital:
iVCmXK5uUJ2p7.jpg

Forza Motorsport and Turn10
ibpkmfD8mXCWY3.jpg

FordGTGuy

Banned
I've never participated in this thread because I could never find the words to convey how I perceive these two franchises.

Suddenly, I realized that I can do it through the power of the photograph:

Gran Turismo and Polyphony Digital:
iVCmXK5uUJ2p7.jpg

Forza Motorsport and Turn10
ibpkmfD8mXCWY3.jpg

That comment alone makes you look like you're more from the bottom picture than the top...

Xanadu

Banned
now that the best thread ever is back in attack i feel my life becoming complete, but of course i must wait for the new iterations of each series, ah. fun times ahead, ah. indeed.

Izick

I think they both look good.

Can't wait to see what the next GT looks like; I'm curious how much juice they're going to wring out of the PS3. I also can't wait to see what a next-gen Forza looks like. Either way, I'd venture to guess fans of either series are going to be pretty happy in the upcoming years.

Wut. Just look at the headlights...

Car looks more colorful and overall a more realistic look. The shine is nicer in Forza 4, and the car looks like it actually has some weight to it.

This is just my opinion though, as a huge Forza fan.

The headlights are much better in GT5 though, since they're actually lit.

Xanadu

Banned
the lighting always seems off in forza games, 4 is the best so far but should the exhaust under the body be illuminated like that? and why is the road so insanely shiny

pict-1219.jpg

Car looks more colorful and overall a more realistic look. The shine is nicer in Forza 4, and the car looks like it actually has some weight to it.

This is just my opinion though, as a huge Forza fan.

The headlights are much better in GT5 though, since they're actually lit.

I'm not even talking about them being lit, but the whole geometry and texturing. The shine in that McLaren looks cartoonish to me.

But, this is just my opinion though, as a huge GT fan.

What racing game is the current graphics king? I assume Project Cars? The shots I've seen in the PC screenshot thread are insane.

Indeed Project Cars looks amazing, we have to wait until a Gran Turismo game on PS4 to see if it will be surpassed (and ofcourse a next-gen Forza).

Top Bottom