• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

I always assumed it was just GT2's assets running in a higher resolution/frame rate, like on a PC or something.

Well, that's basically what GT3 was early on. GT2000 was going to be a juiced up version of GT2. But PD kept working on it and started remodeling and adding things and eventually it just evolved into the next full game. And both previous PS generation transitions they've had plans to release an updated version of their last game (GT2000 and GTHD) but they've both been scrapped. Hopefully a GT6 PS4 release will happen.

Piggus

I always assumed it was just GT2's assets running in a higher resolution/frame rate, like on a PC or something.

I read somewhere (maybe OPM) many years ago that the GT2 intro was mostly GT2 models but rendered in an eary version of the GT3 engine on GT3 tracks. Hence the higher quality looking tracks, reflections, etc. It obviously used the same high quality rendering technique that we still see today though, so it's not as if it were captured in real-time on Ps2 hardware.

ae86_parked.jpg

This could be shopped as GT5.

Nope. Besides, it's already heavily shopped.

Reiko

Banned
GT has 3D trees on the track theme that looks most like that Horizon shot so...

But hey, if you add an even more intense noise filter, and make it even smaller, maybe someone will be fooled.

Are we really comparing a portion of a open world track to that track in GT5? I get what you're saying... But in Horizon it has geometry far into the background that you can drive to.

Are we really comparing a portion of a open world track to that track in GT5? I get what you're saying... But in Horizon it has geometry far into the background that you can drive to.

Erm... you made the comparison? And when I disagreed you attacked GTs trees. When I showed how wrong you were again you turned the comparison on me? What?

Protome

I was literally sitting deciding whether to boot up my Ps3 or 360 to play some games tonight, and this thread made me turn on the PS3.

saladine1

I don't even know why people keep posting the same kind of comparisons.
It's pretty obvious that no matter how good FM4 looks, GT has it beat. Shaders and lighting is just too good..

Ultimately though, neither game can compare to these visuals

FrLsbYT.png

Reiko

Banned
Are you just going to pretend like thats a valid comparison when the Forza photo is edited.

No I just posted lol. You're reading too much into my posts.

Even if it was photoshop, does it matter? Neither title has that IQ in game.

It's pretty obvious GT5 has a more robust photo editor tool.

No I just posted lol. You're reading too much into my posts.

Even if it was photoshop, does it matter? Neither title has that IQ in game.

It's pretty obvious GT5 has a more robust photo editor tool.

Good. I knew you were better than that. GT5's photo editor is better because it tries to mimic an actual camera. Well thats why I like it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
God damn I really can't wait for a proper next-gen GT. I feel like my eyes will melt into the back of my freaking skull.

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
God damn I really can't wait for a proper next-gen GT. I feel like my eyes will melt into the back of my freaking skull.

I really wanna feel immensed. Like the violent shaking, bobbing and weaving of the car when accelerating. It's present in GT5 though it's very subtle.

Top Bottom