• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Niks

vNF0ds6.jpg

ofOV1sN.jpg

Z2KdnGM.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
Thats not a replay bro thats gameplay. I don't even know what your trying to say there tbh.

This is a replay:

http://i.minus.com/iyndLQriHmLfH.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Ah, one of those great misleading GIFs.

It's a replay from driver perspective, it is not "gameplay". This is gameplay:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazwQWsGWx8[/url]

You know, when you're actually playing the game. It looks nowhere near as good as the replay footage Metalmurphy posted.

Shadows took a hit, road textures are worst on prologue, screen wipers using less geometry for some reason, missing part of a building, IQ seems exactly the same, BUT these shots don't show the TAA that was added in GT5 and missing on prologue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazwQWsGWx8

You know, when you're actually playing the game. It looks nowhere near as good as the replay footage Metalmurphy posted.
Replay from driver perspective is EXACTLY the same as gameplay, which is why it runs at 60fps unlike the other cameras.

1st and 3rd video was directly from gameplay. Please stop embarrassing yourself. It looks EXACTLY as good as the footage I posted.

Izayoi

Banned
Haha, thanks for showing you're just making shit up.
????????????????

Holy shit you guys get defensive quickly. You want me to post a picture of my PS3 running GT5 when I get home or something?

The game looks like shit when you're actually playing. That doesn't mean it's a bad game, or that it has bad gameplay. It just... doesn't look very good.

Reiko

Banned
Shadows took a hit, road textures are worst on prologue, screen wipers using less geometry for some reason, missing part of a building, IQ seems exactly the same, BUT these shots don't show the TAA that was added in GT5 and missing on prologue.

Replay from driver perspective is EXACTLY the same as gameplay, which is why it runs at 60fps unlike the other cameras.

3rd video was directly from gameplay. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Reflections in the mirror was like PS2 graphics on GT5:p too.

????????????????

Holy shit you guys get defensive quickly. You want me to post a picture of my PS3 running GT5 when I get home or something?

To what point exactly? Read above.

The game looks like shit when you're actually playing. That doesn't mean it's a bad game, or that it has bad gameplay. It just... doesn't look very good.
No, it doesn't.

It CAN look like shit if you want. Just have to choose the worst looking standard car and put it on Trial Mountain and give it a go.

Reflections in the mirror was like PS2 graphics on GT5:p too.

Oh yeah, didn't even remember that. Someone needs to dig up that Pole Position shop lol

(or was it Grand Prix?)

????????????????

The game hardly looks like shit. It's visually impressive all around aside from the PS2 modeled cars.

Did you post videos of you playing Forza as well or are you just another GT fanboy? Both games look amazing and it's embarrassing to see people attack one another when we should all be fans of both games. I never understood how one can love GT but not Forza or love Forza but not GT. They are both excellent franchises and it likely stems from console loyalty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazwQWsGWx8

Holy shit this is some North Korean type foolery lmao. I can barely read the hud, seriously some of you are getting real desperate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAFPPg0OCPI&hd=1

There you go.

Did you post videos of you playing Forza as well or are you just another GT fanboy? Both games look amazing and it's embarrassing to see people attack one another when we should all be fans of driving games.

I'm "another" GT fanboy.

Also, when did I say that Forza looks "like shit"? Or even bad for that matter?

commedieu

Banned
I'm "another" GT fanboy.

Also, when did I say that Forza looks "like shit"? Or even bad for that matter?

Can someone address whether or not gt5s in game driving cam is same as gameplay, as that's what someone claimed about gt5. And that in game driving cam is shitty.

That's not true, its the same. Where do people get information that gt5 In game view is nothing like replay?

Can someone address whether or not gt5s in game driving cam is same as gameplay, as that's what someone claimed about gt5. And that in game driving cam is shitty.

That's not true, its the same. Where do people get information that gt5 In game view is nothing like replay?

When hit with reality in the face, denial starts to kick in.

THE:MILKMAN

You can tell the next iterations of both GT and Forza are close to being announced when this thread starts to get tetchy.

I just hope both make everyone happy.

That didn't explain anything. Your comment still makes it sound like GT>>>Forza. When you say especially when compared to Forza it means GT is of a much higher standard. Needless to say that other person you directed me to I disagree with. GT5 looks amazing. I had the game for over a year and sold it. Unlocked most cars, played it for far too many hours and had lots of fun. The only drawback graphically is like I said, the PS2 upscaled car models.

I just wish people would respect both franchises and stop being such fanboys because they are on two different consoles.

Izayoi

Banned
To what point exactly? Read above.
You seem to be claiming I am, quote, "making shit up." I can assure that I am not, and that I most definitely believe that the game is mediocre when it comes to aesthetics.

No, it doesn't.

It CAN look like shit if you want. Just have to choose the worst looking standard car and put it on Deep Forest and give it a go.
Nah, it just doesn't look very good. I guess agree to disagree, otherwise this will go in circles forever.

The game hardly looks like shit. It's visually impressive all around aside from the PS2 modeled cars.
I disagree. There are tons of problems with the game visually, but I see that discussion in this thread is not welcome as it will only end with you being attacked.

Did you post videos of you playing Forza as well or are you just another GT fanboy? Both games look amazing and it's embarrassing to see people attack one another when we should all be fans of both games. I never understood how one can love GT but not Forza or love Forza but not GT. They are both excellent franchises and it likely stems from console loyalty.
The narcissism of small differences. We all love racing and racing games, but we're going to attack each other anyway because we prefer racing on one videogame over another videogame. After all, isn't that the entire point of this thread?

Holy shit this is some North Korean type foolery lmao. I can barely read the hud, seriously some of you are getting real desperate.
Desperate for what, exactly? I own the game, I play it on a fairly regular basis. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

You seem to be claiming I am, quote, "making shit up." I can assure that I am not, and that I most definitely believe that the game is mediocre when it comes to aesthetics.

Nah, it just doesn't look very good. I guess agree to disagree, otherwise this will go in circles forever.

I disagree. There are tons of problems with the game visually, but I see that discussion in this thread is not welcome as it will only end with you being attacked.

The narcissism of small differences. We all love racing and racing games, but we're going to attack each other anyway because we prefer racing on one videogame over another videogame. After all, isn't that the entire point of this thread?

Desperate for what, exactly? I own the game, I play it on a fairly regular basis. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Not when you start being disrespectful and telling people it looks like shit. We car argue about shadows, physics, track representation, online multiplayer and so on but to just lay the hammer down and say it looks like shit kind of takes your credibility away. What it also leads to is others being overly defensive and then being just as disrespectful, in the end just another fanboy rant back and forth.

That didn't explain anything. Your comment still makes it sound like GT>>>Forza. When you say especially when compared to Forza it means GT is of a much higher standard. Needless to say that other person you directed me to I disagree with. GT5 looks amazing. I had the game for over a year and sold it. Unlocked most cars, played it for far too many hours and had lots of fun. The only drawback graphically is like I said, the PS2 upscaled car models.

I just wish people would respect both franchises and stop being such fanboys because they are on two different consoles.

Do I need to quote the specific section?

GT5 looks amazing in photomode and replays, but when you're actually playing it looks like shit compared to Forza.

I made a sarcastic comment with the proof that shows that NO, it does not look like shit.

And if you want my personal opinion, yes it looks better than Forza. That doesn't mean I think Forza looks bad.

Izayoi

Banned
Do I need to quote the specific section?
No better way to offend someone than by stating an honest opinion.

Not when you start being disrespectful and telling people it looks like shit.
I'm disrespecting people by stating a game looks like shit?

I think that's more on them taking statements made about an inanimate object that they have no direct relation to personally than on me throwing around swear words, to be honest.

Emwitus

Desperate for what, exactly? I own the game, I play it on a fairly regular basis. I'm not sure what you're getting a
t.

Because despite footage to the contrary, you still maintain GT is complete shit visually...havent even addressed any of the youtube videos posted. Just like north korea claiming the west is out to get them .

Izayoi

Banned
Because despite footage to the contrary, you still maintain GT is complete shit visually.
Boy, opinions sure are a mystifying concept, aren't they? I just can't understand how they work at all!

That was hardly an opinion, you stated it as if it was a fact. But who was offended?
Judging by the way you reacted, you were. Jumping to personally attack me instead of my opinion. That's fine though, I'm not sure why I was expecting anything else.

shinnn

No better way to offend someone than by stating an honest opinion.

I'm disrespecting people by stating a game looks like shit?

I think that's more on them taking statements made about an inanimate object that they have no direct relation to personally than on me throwing around swear words, to be honest.

Since those opinions have no direct correlation to my enjoyment of either franchise I'm not offended in that way. What does offend me is the way people act like they have to side with one over the other because of they're preferred console.

If someone took a video of themselves playing GT and then another video showing them playing Forza the credibility goes up. It means they have actually invested into both games to form a more honest opinion and taken out the possibility that they only own either a PS3 or a Xbox 360. One thing I disregard is console loyalty because that often leads to biased opinions, not honest opinions.

Emwitus

GT5 has a lot of shit looking tracks. And most of the cars are standard. You are facing those tracks and cars very often in the career mode.

No one has denied the existence of those tracks..but to say GT is just terrible visually thru and thru..that's trolling. But i guess that is what this thread is for.

GT5 has a lot of shit looking tracks. And most of the cars are standard. You are facing those tracks and cars very often in the career mode.

Jumping from Nordschleife to Laguna Seca is like playing another game. =p

That isn't true at all.

Trial Mountain, which many consider to be the worst, shows up like 2 times on A-Spec. Laguna Seca is probably 3 or 4.

Boy, opinions sure are a mystifying concept, aren't they? I just can't understand how they work at all!

Judging by the way you reacted, you were. Jumping to personally attack me instead of my opinion. That's fine though, I'm not sure why I was expecting anything else.

Saying you're making shit up is not a personal attack, it's just me saying that, just like right now, you're making shit up.

Arklite

I am pretty psyched to see what visual improvements they may have done to GT6. The shadows in GT5 really marred a lot of the replays, especially with light colored cars. Never saved as many replays as I did with GT4 because of that.

Izayoi

Banned
Since those opinions have no direct correlation to my enjoyment of either franchise I'm not offended in that way. What does offend me is the way people act like they have to side with one over the other because of they're preferred console.

If someone took a video of themselves playing GT and then another video showing them playing Forza the credibility goes up. It means they have actually invested into both games to form a more honest opinion and taken out the possibility that they only own either a PS3 or a Xbox 360. One thing I disregard is console loyalty because that often leads to biased opinions, not honest opinions.
Right. I've said multiple times now that I own GT5 and play it regularly. I'm not "siding" with one console or the other, as that would be stupid, because I own and play both.

Saying you're making shit up is not a personal attack, it's just me saying that, just like right now, you're making shit up.
Maybe openly hostile toward dissenters would've been a better way to put it. You're being incredibly aggressive for no real discernible reason, and throwing around accusations based off of... nothing?

I am pretty psyched to see what visual improvements they may have done to GT6. The shadows in GT5 really marred a lot of the replays, especially with light colored cars. Never saved as many replays as I did with GT4 because of that.

I'm kind of hoping they scrap the idea of putting it on the PS3 and instead come out on the PS4. I'd love to see it at a rock steady 60fps and true 1080p.

FlyFaster

I'm with Metalmurphy on this one.

Most of the time GT5 looks stunning. I still to this day watch my replays after a race and am impressed. Sure there are some crappy cars and a few crappy tracks but that doesn't take away from the game as a whole.

Arucardo

GT5's image quality isn't anything to write home about to be honest. Even with the patches it still tears quite a bit too.

I'm not too obsessed over the graphics in driving games if the physics are good (I play older sims quite regularly on pc), but there's def. some flaws in GT5's "driving simulation".

Probably the biggest offender in GT5 for me is the clutch, it's straight up broken when using a H-shifter and clutch. I'd like to see someone with plenty of experience from more hardcore simulations successfully drive using heel-toe in GT5 without missing gears or going to neutral. You have to forget anything you've learned from driving a real car or other sims to successfully drive stick in GT5, the clutch is like an on-off switch.

Aliasing, in GT5? Ha. Thanks for the laugh.

Wait, seriously? Calibrate your TV or try it on a monitor.

Top Bottom