• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

I haven't turned my PS3 on in about a year. But because of this thread I have to drive the Nordschleife at sunrise, do some karting and tackle some snowy tracks in GT5.

I am preparing a great many sandwiches for the system and game updates I have ahead of me.

GTWon3.gif

Xanadu

Banned
I haven't turned my PS3 on in about a year. But because of this thread I have to drive the Nordschleife at sunrise, do some karting and tackle some snowy tracks in GT5.

I am preparing a great many sandwiches for the system and game updates I have ahead of me.

they do help the game performance somewhat so they are worth it

I think it took me well over two hours to get all updates. I was coming from 1.4 or something like that. It was awful.

ehh not at all.

First, that picture doesnt reflect Forza ilumination very good, there are far better examples.

Second, they outsource the 3d models and that LFA is very well made, its the lightning that is not good in that photo and that aspect doesnt have anything to do with outsourcing.

Polyphony Digital SHOULD outsource, they werent up to the task in GT5, 200 models in 5+ of work is not a good number. Outsourcing would have been a much wiser choice.

Please backup your claim with facts. Thanks.

Sorry, i don't keep a notebook with all the development through the years, and i'm always impressed with the folks that have every single things saved on their computers.

For those who followed GT5's development, we know that the standards inclusion is a byproduct of the whole GT HD classic/premium design.

As for outsourcing, i agree. They just need to make sure to meet certain quality, but they should use it in order to focus on other things. If they can't do that, then they should hire more people.

I don't think you can call standard cars a "bonus", when you can finish some events without them.

That's where they screwed up, they didn't had certain classes of cars in premium, which led to this.

It's an import from GT4, the lighting model PD use makes it look better than it is, an upscaled PS2 track.

And it's not the only one, most of the older tracks are hi res versions.

Polyphony Digital SHOULD outsource, they werent up to the task in GT5, 200 models in 5+ of work is not a good number. Outsourcing would have been a much wiser choice.

Perhaps, but I think that you're much more likely to see them just dump standards altogether and stick to the premiums they built than outsource to anyone. They've been boosting their internal studio size since GT5 (in part because they now have two different studios), so they might be able to churn out a lot more premiums.

FordGTGuy

Banned
did they have a special retarded cousin version of the 22b impreza too?

521a7jku.jpg

1347441730.jpg

I never tried to justify the 22b but nice strawman argument you tried to play there.

Did they have a special one-off F40 with matching front and back wheels too?

Never tried to justify the F40 but nice strawman...

Sounds more like you just eat any damage control that's thrown at you.

Nope, unless you think you know more than BADNED...

How long ago did turn10 get that enzo model? because pgr2 had a rather alright enzo model and that came out like a year before forza 1.

Bizarre and Turn 10 did not share models.

Sorry, i don't keep a notebook with all the development through the years, and i'm always impressed with the folks that have every single things saved on their computers.

For those who followed GT5's development, we know that the standards inclusion is a byproduct of the whole GT HD classic/premium design.

I followed the development very closely, thats why im asking you were PD said Standard cars were a bonus, i believe that just your point of view, while in fact they hide standard cars as much as they could and boost the fact that GT5 would was going to have 1000 cars.
Then when the premium/standard thing was cleared most of people were very disappointed.

I asked you to backup your claim because i know it that Polyphony didnt treat them as bonuses, it was for us to discover they were porting cars from GT4.

As for the outsourcing/hiring people. I hope they have hired enough 3d artists and manage the game development better this time, there were some serious problem. I have big hopes for GT6 and hopefully a GT for vita.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I followed the development very closely, thats why im asking you were PD said Standard cars were a bonus, i believe that just your point of view, while in fact they hide standard cars as much as they could and boost the fact that GT5 would was going to have 1000 cars.
Then when the premium/standard thing was cleared most of people were very disappointed.

I asked you to backup your claim because i know it that Polyphony didnt treat them as bonuses, it was for us to discover they were porting cars from GT4.

You still going to ForzaCentral Paladin?

Keep in mind that the Forza series has a very unique and special version of the Enzo granted by Ferrari.
Its story is based on a very long partnership between Microsoft and Ferrari.
Maybe one day the Forza series will include the final revision but for now we will stay like this.
-BADNED

http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/t...-updated-april-15th.38131/page-22#post-668267

shinnn

I was quite proud of it :( It was the best I could get out of the engine.

The one you posted is so heavily manipulated, it hardly isn't even a Forza photo anymore lol

heavily manipulated? lol. I just adjusted the exposure and contrast. The picture you took is totally apart from what FM4 graphics are. You never get that tone from gameplay or replays, because the lighthing adjust to the situation, just like you need to adjust the photomode to get the lighting right in dark areas.

edit> pics

amarec20130428-2022170sy1.jpeg

amarec20130428-20262xgs6s.jpeg

amarec20130428-20420tmspx.jpeg

i6s2yeSeKg28V.gif

iq6lwbYJaK21J.gif

I guess it doesn't look like Forza for you too. lol

How long ago did turn10 get that enzo model? because pgr2 had a rather alright enzo model and that came out like a year before forza 1.
I dont think Bizarre and Turn10 used shared models.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I'd like to see this Enzo. Till then I'm gonna call it damage control. T10 community managers lying is nothing new.

You really have no idea who BADNED is don't you? He is basically the authority on Forza and has been since the beginning. I've been following Forza Motorsport since the first game, hell I'm the 7th member on the first real community forum for Forza Motorsport(ForzaCentral) which predates ForzaMotorsport.net by years.

BADNED is not a T10 Community Manager last time I checked.

I'd like to see this Enzo. Till then I'm gonna call it damage control. T10 community managers lying is nothing new.

Dude, you have NO idea, Badned has nothing to do with Turn10, he is someone who have lots of contacts with several racing game developers so he always have some juicy details (good and bad), he have a great record of being right about several titles.

Go ahead and live in your world of denial I'll just go on and keep believing the same guy that has been right on Forza since the beginning....

Doubting an unproven claim isn't denial.

What's more likely, one more incorrect model, or its actually a version of the Enzo no one had seen?

I would have doubt it even if Dan said it, let alone some guy on a forum with a Forza avatar.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Doubting an unproven claim isn't denial.

What's more likely, one more incorrect model, or its actually a version of the Enzo no one had seen?

I would have doubt it even if Dan said it, let alone some guy on a forum with a Forza avatar.

That guy has way more credibility than you do regarding Forza...

Stillmatic

I posted some in-game direct captures from GT5 ages ago in the links below, though I'm sure there's some better captures floating around.

Are there any F4 in-game captures anywhere? Maybe I should just take the plunge and buy a copy...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32088565&postcount=2661
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32134531&postcount=2677
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32142361&postcount=2679
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32151111&postcount=2688

You have crushed the blacks quite badly. The wheels suffered.

When you have to adjust the contrast that much to make it look good, it really doesn't represent the actual game if you ask me.

The gifs were edited too?

GT looks great but implying that Forza 4 looks bad is kind of nonsense to me.

I posted some in-game direct captures from GT5 ages ago in the links below, though I'm sure there's some better captures floating around.

Are there any F4 in-game captures anywhere? Maybe I should just take the plunge and buy a copy...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32088565&postcount=2661
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32134531&postcount=2677
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32142361&postcount=2679
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32151111&postcount=2688

Yes you should. If you like sim racers and aren't a blinded fanboy Froza will provide many hours of fun.

Top Bottom