• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Please quote my exaggerations and show them to me in this thread...
You are losing it man. You ask him to prove it in this post and then further down the page you say, "where did I ask you to prove it"

Another person that knows better than Pirelli I see...

I never said Forza's overall physics are as good as rFactor and iRacing but their tire model is pretty damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u02Wq138ouw

Dude, the post you just responded to had the quote of you say, "Forza has one of the best tire physics system that exists." There that is it quoted again. That is exactly where you said it is one of the best ones out there. Are you ESL? Do you not actually fully understand the words you are typing? You are denying things you literally posted 5 minutes earlier. Wow, this thread took a fucking turn, and that is saying something since this thread was born from a horrible turn.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
You are proving nothing other than your ability to quote PR material.

Please, do explain how your precious iRacings articles about it's tyre model are any different than Forzas behind the scenes look at it's tyre model.

Please, do enlighten us. Tell us how one is total 100% unequivocal fact while the other is marketing speak with no affect on the game. I wish to amused some more.

Dude, the post you just responded to had the quote of you say, "Forza has one of the best tire physics system that exists." There that is it quoted again. That is exactly where you said it is one of the best ones out there.

Amazing! "One of the best" apparently means it is the best now.

FordGTGuy

Banned
You are losing it man. You ask him to prove it in this post and then further down the page you say, "where did I ask you to prove it"

I was referring to the exaggerations he was pointing out that I made in this thread..

That's why I said show me the exaggerations I made in this thread.

Dude, the post you just responded to had the quote of you say, "Forza has one of the best tire physics system that exists." There that is it quoted again. That is exactly where you said it is one of the best ones out there. Are you ESL? Do you not actually fully understand the words you are typing? You are denying things you literally posted 5 minutes earlier. Wow, this thread took a fucking turn, and that is saying something since this thread was born from a horrible turn.

I do believe Forza has one of the best tire physics systems that exist in gaming.

I never once in this thread claimed that Forza has better physics than iRacing or has the best tire physics model.

Please, do explain how your precious iRacings articles about it's tyre model are any different than Forzas behind the scenes look at it's tyre model.

Please, do enlighten us. Tell us how one is total 100% unequivocal fact while the other is marketing speak with no affect on the game. I wish to amused some more.

This is also what I don't understand, it's clearly bias to say whatever Turn 10 says about Forza is false yet everything rFactor's developers say about rFactor is true.

FordGTGuy

Banned
It definitely has the best on console and by a huge margin as well.

Be careful because for some reason when we say tire physics model they seem to think we mean the entire physics engine....

Not one single person in this thread ever claimed Forza has a better physics engine than iRacing...

the guys flying the plane were paying attention to this thread.
igOFGbb30BIr5.gif

oh too soon?

perhaps i should replace it with a gif of something else crashing in the days of yesteryear when people died you no longer feel obliged to feel sorry for.

Dibbz

Err fuck is that from the 747 thread in OT? God damn I didn't watch that vid on purpose :|

edit: Err if it happen 100 years ago it would still be a shitty thing to post. Put crap like that on 4chan man, not in some random gaming thread here on GAF.

Please quote my exaggerations and show them to me in this thread...

Another person that knows better than Pirelli I see...

I never said Forza's overall physics are as good as rFactor and iRacing but their tire model is pretty damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u02Wq138ouw

Amazing! "One of the best" apparently means it is the best now.

I'm sorry, but if you want to have the debate of, why the constantly improving and developed iRacing build release notes matter more than the one time PR notes of a Forza game, then I just need to hang it up in this thread. In fact I am regardless. Satan proved how absolutely little he knows about basic car control but claims he can feel tire roll across rims and drive line friction in Forza, and FortGT guy has lost his mind in a semantics battle.

Edit: Ah yes I see, the goal posts have conveniently been moved back to console only comparisons. Wise choice.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I'm sorry, but if you want to have the debate of, why the constantly improving and developed iRacing build release notes matter more than the one time PR notes of a Forza game, then I just need to hang it up in this thread. In fact I am regardless. Satan proved how absolutely little he knows about basic car control but claims he can feel tire roll across rims and drive line friction in Forza, and FortGT guy has lost his mind in a semantics battle.

Edit: Ah yes I see, the goal posts have conveniently been moved back to console only comparisons. Wise choice.

You mean like the constant under the hood articles explaining the development of Forza which is what I cited?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I'm sorry, but if you want to have the debate of, why the constantly improving and developed iRacing build release notes matter more than the one time PR notes of a Forza game, then I just need to hang it up in this thread.
I love how you continue to completely dismiss the behind the scenes Forza articles. It's truly amazing fanboyism right there.

Satan proved how absolutely little he knows about basic car control but claims he can feel tire roll across rims and drive line friction in Forza, and FortGT guy has lost his mind in a semantics battle.

Oh that's right, because you need to know random acronyms before you can feel and deal with them in real life.

Man, I don't know what ABS stands for so all wheels lock up always under heavy braking!

The goal posts were never moved, you were just shooting at your own goal that's in a completely different field.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

I love how conveniently far away the camera is so you can't see him turn.

At it was tested extensively on gtplanet. The only way it does it by itself is with absolutely ridiculous set up changes and an uneven surface.

In Forza

TEH-CJ

Banned
Probably a thread in the OT section but on the news it was simply a failure to take off. Not sure if it was pilot error or mechanical failure. Multiple dead on impact. Quite sad and truly disgusting to bring up in such a way in this thread.

In case you didn't find it

Oh my god.....reading this literally ruined my day. I couldn't even imagine the fear they were experiencing before impact.

thanks for the link...

FordGTGuy

Banned
Thanks for ruining this thread by making fun of the death of a plane with 7 people on it.

RIP.

Really silly seeing that Cobra just slam the gas and go perfectly straight, the spin out at the end had to do with the loss of friction(spinning the tires with no catching) and the guy turning.

I wish Forza had smoke like that. D:

Is anyone up for a game of Forza 4 tonight? My gamertag is FordGTGuy of course.

Thanks for ruining this thread by making fun of the death of a plane with 7 people on it.

RIP.

Really silly seeing that Cobra just slam the gas and go perfectly straight, the spin out at the end had to do with the loss of friction(spinning the tires with no catching) and the guy turning.

No sorry busy playing GT5 online.

Piggus

RIP.

Smashing the gas in the Cobra pretty much always results in a spin out for me. Not sure what's going on in that gif lol.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Is that hard to believe? Unlike Turn 10, PD doesn't release a game every year to dilute the userbase.

No PD are more in the business of letting their community die of old age before they release a new game.

Smashing the gas in the Cobra pretty much always results in a spin out for me. Not sure what's going on in that gif lol.

We're not talking about spinning out we're about torque steer, you can spin out easily without it if all you do is spin the tires.

shinnn

The moment a car racing sim sounds start sounding like this then I will be impressed. We are so far off real sounds its not even funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SccjaskA1n8&feature=related

I guess you only play GT5?

Sorry to bump, but I saw your post in the last page about the sounds and I missed that too. Strange how the sound department don't get more then 5 posts here, and GT fans still has the balls to bash forza sounds.

I love how conveniently far away the camera is so you can't see him turn.

At it was tested extensively on gtplanet. The only way it does it by itself is with absolutely ridiculous set up changes and an uneven surface.

In Forza
Is this true?

We got to the point where GT fans are blatant lying? =\

saladine1

It's looks like Forza 5 won't be releasing this year.

Is there a chance that GT6 will be delayed?

It sounds weird but I would love to see both games released at the same time.

Sid

Isn't 2 years a bit less for putting out a new Forza? it's a new platform too,I think PGR5 will be a launch title and Forza will come next fall.

Protome

I love how absurd this thread is. But it needs more pics guiz. It's what I really come here for!

I hope PD makes the online for GT6 a lot better. It needs way more options and filters than it has now.

I think he is saying that it will not happen on the XBox reveal day.

Didn't MS say that the reveal will be all about the hardware and save the software for E3?

Mascot

BADNED already hinted on Forzacentral that FM5 wouldn't be shown in May. I still think it'll appear at E3 in some form though. It would be crazy if it didn't.

and when it release no one give a shit, on the other hand when GT6 hit, the Wall Street Journal will have an article about it.

Wow.

Top Bottom