• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

And yeah, if the new tracks they are prepparing are as good as Spa... I won't care THAT MUCH if it's PS3 only. I just want more tracks, lots of them, I'm on the Amar side of tracks >>> cars :p

Lots of tracks seems like a safe bet for GT6 at this point. Possibly even more than GT4.

I fell asleep so I missed the discussion regarding the sound issues in gt5

did anyone clarify why the sounds in GT5 are so bad? was it due to the ram allocation?

It doesn't have anything to do with ram. It's just how they end up processing the sound. It ends up causing a computerized or softer tone to the engine sounds. It's something that they could potentially easily fix, and appears to be something that they may be addressing in GT6 since Kaz mentioned that engine sounds may be something that they need to sex up.

anyone recommend a good sounding car in gt5 I can take for a spin? because I have only tested the R33 gtr and bmw m3 and both sounded horrible.

Mazda 787b

TEH-CJ

Banned
Lots of tracks seems like a safe bet for GT6 at this point. Possibly even more than GT4.

It doesn't have anything to do with ram. It's just how they end up processing the sound. It ends up causing a computerized or softer tone to the engine sounds. It's something that they could potentially easily fix, and appears to be something that they may be addressing in GT6 since Kaz mentioned that engine sounds may be something that they need to sex up.

Mazda 787b

Ok cheers.

Protome

No. I know what he meant. So you guys also think there's no problem in the GT5 physics in that regard?

I think they both do, why do you keep putting words in people's mouths? If you knew what he meant, why did you accuse him of saying something completely different? You gotta relax a bit man, put on some chill music, pick your favourite car and cruise round your favourite track.

What did it for me was when I went to play Forza something on my brothers 360 and was told I couldn't play multiplayer due to lack of some sort of subscription. I know that's Live more so than Forza.. but still.

GT for lyfe.

What did it for me was when I went to play Forza something on my brothers 360 and was told I couldn't play multiplayer due to lack of some sort of subscription. I know that's Live more so than Forza.. but still.

Forza 4 is a ghost town online anyway. And the people who are online are all 13 year old wreckers.

GT5 is two years old and still has a staggering amount of online activity.

RankoSD

GT5 is two years old and still has a staggering amount of online activity.

That's because.....

B6s7c.jpg

Korezo

I have a panasonic gt30.

I will try both.

I have a GT30 to and I found 720p to be slightly sharper but with tons more aliasing then 1080p. I kept 1080p for the smoother look. I guess 720p 4xAa doesn't cut it on a 50" screen cause it was much more jagged and aliased than 1080p with just slightly more sharpness.

Let me know if you experience the same.

I have a GT30 to and I found 720p to be slightly sharper but with tons more aliasing then 1080p. I kept 1080p for the smoother look. I guess 720p 4xAa doesn't cut it on a 50" screen cause it was much more jagged and aliased than 1080p with just slightly more sharpness.

Dunno I'm using a 90" screen and 720p looks OK, softer and chunkier than 1080p but I'm not seeing a lot of aliasing.

shinnn

I think they both do, why do you keep putting words in people's mouths? If you knew what he meant, why did you accuse him of saying something completely different? You gotta relax a bit man, put on some chill music, pick your favourite car and cruise round your favourite track.
I didn't. He said something nonsense. His next post confirmed it. Just nonsense can justify the problem he was denying.

TEH-CJ

Banned

Will do man. Trying it now.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Left is the era of the track that Forza has the right is what GT5 has. Both are perfectly realistic for the time periods their version of the tracks came from.

AG5aXcR.png

aKS0uzF.png

9RuEICZ.png

2HXvR7o.png

mxWdRwb.png

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things is Forza.

I suggest you leave this thread now.

Racetracks change over time smartone, Forza uses a older version of the track.

The camera is fucking LOWER on Forza yet you're still dropping off the God Damn Grand Canyon, and the last picture the elevation is still fucking CLEARLY incorrect.

Jesus get off the games fucking nuts.

Forza is the same as the others the strips were moved inward when they replaced the strips with blue ones so the corner actually comes up quicker and is bigger than the version in Forza giving the look of a straight drop in Forza.

You know what else doesn't have tire deformation?

rFactor and iRacing. Good luck comparing your physics to that.

Just because the visual factor isn't there doesn't mean it's not in the physics calculations. Ever noticed that tires sometimes go underground in GT5? Ever thought why? What matters really is the chassis position, and that is accurately displayed/calculated.

rFactor 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfZzivmRhig

Live For Speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqjlsDsmukU

Project Cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnxH0tr8Re4

All have tire deformation.

The Forza track looks like something that came out of a track generator and barely resembles the real life laguna seca.

Tracks change over time.. I know it's a hard concept but maybe with a little time you'll grasp it...

Good lord o_O Did Turn 10 even visit the track?

Yep back when it was like how it is in Forza.

I think it's funny how you guys hate each other so much you argued over a track change for a entire page and none of you on either side actually spent the time to research why they were different.

Instead you sat back and claimed victory over nothing but your own stupidity and that goes for everyone in that discussion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAGP24eq_0o

FordGTGuy

Banned
I said rFactor, not rFactor 2, for a reason. And what exactly is your point by listing 2 other games with inferior physics to both rFactor 1 and iRacing?

rFactor 2 is the newest game so your point is invalid, thanks for playing.

Are you saying rFactor 2 is inferior to iRacing?

They might be inferior overall but clearly in time iRacing will gain tire deformation like the rest. You might have a point if rFactor 1 had it but took it out in rFactor 2 but no they didn't because it adds more realism.

iRacing might be more realistic but it's not perfect in every area and as of now Forza has one of the best tire physics system that exists.

rFactor 2 is the newest game so your point is invalid, thanks for playing.

How the hell is my point invalid? Are you missing a few screws?

They might be inferior overall but clearly in time iRacing will gain tire deformation like the rest. You might have a point if rFactor 1 had it but they took it out in rFactor 2 but no they didn't because it adds more realism.

iRacing might be more realistic but it's not perfect in every area and as of now Forza has one of the best tire physics system that exists.

HAHAHAHAHA

FordGTGuy

Banned
How the hell is my point invalid? Are you missing a few screws?

HAHAHAHAHA

Look who's talking?

I thought you were going to ignore me?

Are you back to trying to win arguments by claiming victory with no evidence and running away and ignoring everyone?

I guess whatever allows you to continue your ego trip...

Forza created their tire physics system with the help of Pirelli and their system is based on Pirelli's which is the most advanced in the world. So yes I would say Forza probably has one of the best tire physics engines in gaming right now.

Is the game overall as realistic as iRacing? Hell no but I never said that in the first place did I?

rFactor2 is the new version of rFactor so when you speak about rFactor you can't just ignore that the newest version includes the feature.

It's the same as me saying Forza 4 is better because GT4 lacked a certain feature while completely ignoring GT5 that would be a invalid argument and I would personally never do it.

Look who's talking?

I thought you were going to ignore me?

Are you back to trying to win arguments by claiming victory with no evidence and running away and ignoring everyone?

I guess whatever allows you to continue your ego trip...

Forza created their tire physics system with the help of Pirelli and their system is based on Pirelli's which is the most advanced in the world. So yes I would say Forza probably has one of the best tire physics engines in gaming right now.

Is the game overall as realistic as iRacing? Hell no but I never said that in the first place did I?
Brought to you by Turn 10 (tm)

"Help of Pirelli" is stretching it. They used Pirelli data. They still had to adapt that into the game. I suggest you go read on what was said about the tire data for Forza 3. It was the best in the world! Except it actually wasn't, but NOW IT IS! Till Forza 5 anyway, then they'll admit the previous one wasn't good.

Turn 10 are not the only ones using testing data from tire manufacturers. There's a LONG way to go from Pirellis data to actually have the best tire physics (hint: Forza doesn't have them). I suggest you go read on the work that was done for rFactor or Dave Kaemmer programming. HELL, even GT5 uses stuff that Forza doesn't, like tarmac temperature. The tire wear on Forza for example is terrible, grip levels are FAR from perfect or from even being the best.

rFactor2 is the new version of rFactor so when you speak about rFactor you can't just ignore that the newest version includes the feature.
Which is completly besides the point I was making. Learn to read first, then actually process what you are reading, think about what you're going to post, then post.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
LOL, are you really saying that those things don't happen in GT5? That a Zonda R for example launches completely straight under full throttle? That understeer doesn't exist in GT (mega LOL) or that you can't lock up the front wheels (try racing without ABS for once)?

My God, you and FordGTDude are simply mindblowing.

Your post is what's mindblowing.

Please, recreate this in GT5.

You clearly don't understand how understeer works or what I was refering too. This kind of video makes me laugh when anyone claims realism in GT5.

And please, do tell me where I said you can't lock up the front tyres.

FordGTGuy

Banned

"Help of Pirelli" is stretching it. They used Pirelli data. They still had to adapt that into the game. I suggest you go read on what was said about the tire data for Forza 3. It was the best in the world! Except it actually wasn't, but NOW IT IS! Till Forza 5 anyway, then they'll admit the previous one wasn't good.

Turn 10 are not the only ones using testing data from tire manufacturers. There's a LONG way to go from Pirellis data to actually have the best tire physics (hint: Forza doesn't have them). I suggest you go read on the work that was done for rFactor or Dave Kaemmer programming. HELL, even GT5 uses stuff that Forza doesn't, like tarmac temperature. The tire wear on Forza for example is terrible, grip levels are FAR from perfect or from even being the best.

Which is completly besides the point I was making. Learn to read first, then actually process what you are reading, think about what you're going to post, then post.

The point you were making is invalid.

You really hate the idea of Forza having any part of it being pretty good don't you?

At the time Forza 3 did have some of the best tire data in the world in a game and now with the help of Pirelli Forza 4 does too.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/underthehood2

Forza 4, we took and entirely new approach to our tire simulation. This time, we threw all of the old data away and asked Pirelli to provide us with all-new data for everything. Pirelli did custom tests on a huge variety of tires to cover all of the our cases--including tire width and height, compound, inflation pressure, heat, wear, sidewall height, load, angle, etc. We then changed our system to accept the real-world data directly and without any fix-up from us at all. The means that the tires in Forza 4 behave exactly as the Pirelli test tires did, even in the complex situation where multiple parameters are changing rapidly.

The point you were making is invalid.

You really hate the idea of Forza having any part of it being pretty good don't you?

You keep saying this, yet you don't say how. Maybe if you say it enough times it'll become true!

And what was this you were saying about "trying to win arguments by claiming victory with no evidence and running away and ignoring everyone?"

Hilarious.

Here, I'll make it simple for you:

rFactor 1 and iRacing = no visual tyre deformation
rFactor 1 and iRacing = better physics than Forza
Therfore:
Visual tyre deformation != better physics.

That was my point, and maybe now you'll get it.

At the time Forza 3 did have some of the best tire data in the world in a game and now with the help of Pirelli Forza 4 does too.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/underthehood2

Man, you just eat all that promotional shit up don't you? lol

Let me remind you that Forza 3 came out after rFactor 1. Think about that for a second.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

To be fair, Forza is missing advanced tyre damage simulations.

FordGTGuy

Banned
You keep saying this, yet you don't say how. Maybe if you say it enough times it'll become true!

And what was this you were saying about "trying to win arguments by claiming victory with no evidence and running away and ignoring everyone?"

Hilarious.

Here, I'll make it simple for you:

rFactor 1 and iRacing = no visual tyre deformation
rFactor 1 and iRacing = better physics than Forza
Therfore:
Visual tyre deformation != better physics.

That was my point, and maybe now you'll get it.

Man, you just eat all that promotional shit up don't you? lol

Let me remind you that Forza 3 came out after rFactor 1. Think about that for a second.

I'm sorry but when did I say the above?

I already stated that Forza isn't as realistic as iRacing and rFactor...

And? I should care about that for what reason?

Forza 3 had tire deformation too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDkMCA_wyRU

To be fair, Forza is missing advanced tyre damage simulations.

It's not missing them it was left out on purpose because car manufacturers will not allow this type of damage.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

"Help of Pirelli" is stretching it. They used Pirelli data. They still had to adapt that into the game.
No, they didn't. They adpated the game to suit the data.

I suggest you go read on what was said about the tire data for Forza 3. It was the best in the world! Except it actually wasn't, but NOW IT IS! Till Forza 5 anyway, then they'll admit the previous one wasn't good.

Wait, isn't this exactly what we hear every time there is some sort of physics change to GT5? It's the best! *update comes out the changes many things* Nah, it wasn't the best but now it is!

And since when was it wrong to admit a previous system had faults? Beardawalt said FM3 was good and advanced (which in 2009 it was) but was candid enough to say they improved it a lot.

even GT5 uses stuff that Forza doesn't, like tarmac temperature. The tire wear on Forza for example is terrible, grip levels are FAR from perfect or from even being the best.

This, this is truly amazing. Please, do explain how Forza doesn't use track temperature \even though it has been doing that since FM1...

It's not missing them it was left out on purpose because car manufacturers will not allow this type of damage.

Manufacturers don't allow the passenger compartment to be compromised. By advanced tyre damages I mean flat spots, deflating, delaminating etc and all the tyres in game are unbranded with data taken directly unmodified from Pirelli so I doubt they would be preventing them doing advanced tyre damages.

No, they didn't. They adpated the game to suit the data.
Whatever, you know what I meant.

Wait, isn't this exactly what we hear every time there is some sort of physics change to GT5? It's the best! *update comes out the changes many things* Nah, it wasn't the best but now it is!
Where was this said?

A since when was it wrong to admit a previous system had faults? Beardawalt said FM3 was good and advanced (which in 2009 it was) but was candid enough to say they improved it a lot.
Who said it was wrong? I'm just showing that no, they don't have the best tire physics in the world! I'm talking about FordGTGuy remarks here, not Beard man.

This, this is truly amazing. Please, do explain how Forza doesn't use track temperature weven though it has been doing that since FM1...

tarmac temperature, which is different form the actual weather temperature.

FordGTGuy

Banned
jackie.jpg

What the flying fuck?!?

You quoted me? Don't pick an argument out of nowhere when you don't even know what the fuck you are arguing about. Jesus Christ...

You know what else doesn't have tire deformation?

rFactor and iRacing. Good luck comparing your physics to that.

Just because the visual factor isn't there doesn't mean it's not in the physics calculations. Ever noticed that tires sometimes go underground in GT5? Ever thought why? What matters really is the chassis position, and that is accurately displayed/calculated.

You said tire deformation and not the visual representation of tire deformation.

I'm specifically talking about actual tire deformation not the visual part of it.

http://www.veryst.com/project/tire-deformation

Who said it was wrong? I'm just showing that no, they don't have the best tire physics in the world! I'm talking about FordGTGuy remarks here, not Beard man.

tarmac temperature, which is different form the actual weather temperature.

I never said they have the best I merely said they have one of the best "probably".

Forza 4 does take into account tarmac temperature...

FlyFaster

Oh it's FordGTguy great.

I remember you -- You provided the poorest quality links (paper thin, anecdotal evidence) and proceeded to state that the cars in Forza 4 were 1 million polys each, when you clearly knew better.(or at the very least certainly did when I corrected you) It was a misrepresentation of the truth.

The reason I bring this up here is because some of things you are saying are borderline the same exaggerations. You need to get that under control man.

It's known that Forza tracks, such as Nurb (among others) aren't accurate -- by T10s own admissions. They wanted the game to be "fun".

also, just because they had Pirelli tire data does't mean everything. There is a lot more work to done after that, such as implementing those data into ann existing game engine. It's not as simple as you make it sound. "oh they have the data = perfect tire model" lol. You've got to stop buying into the promo material they put out.

Errrrrrr. Hold the phone there buddy. First you and Metal are both wrong, not only does iRacing have tire deormation, it has insanely detailed tire deformation. Their new tire model or NTM, is constantly evolving to be even more accurate. I've been on for less than tree months and I have already experienced two new builds if it. The season 2 build just released,

- The way we model tire carcass yaw motion relative to the rim has been improved. This has helped responsiveness.

- The NTM tires (and real world tires) are very dependent on temperature which greatly affects the properties of rubber. We've always just used 3 slices of tire (inside, middle, outside) to track temperature since way back in the day, but this is not really sufficient for the NTM, since it is so much more critical to get correct temperature than in the OTM or Papyrus tire models. The tire code now computes temperatures for many elements across the surface. Now tires in the sim compute anywhere from 7-9 slices for our narrower tires, to up to 20 slices for the wide tires some of the cars have. The result is that as the tire contact patch is moving left and right across the tire surface the temperatures used by the grip code are more correct and produce a better, more progressive tire temperature effect. Also, the 3 temperatures we record for visual display are now more accurate too (although there is still work to be done there). This change applies to all NTM tires.

Get out of here with these generic ass Forza MS Power Point presentation claims about how amazing their game is. They were ambitious with all the shit they claimed but the end result missed the mark and is no where fricking near, "the best tire physics system." It isn't even the top 5.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Oh it's FordGTguy great.

I remember you -- You provided the poorest quality links (paper thin, anecdotal evidence) and proceeded to state that the cars in Forza 4 were 1 million polys each, when you clearly knew better.(or at the very least certainly did when I corrected you) It was a misrepresentation of the truth.

The reason I bring this up here is because some of things you are saying are borderline the same exaggerations. You need to get that under control man.

Please quote my exaggerations and show them to me in this thread...

Get out of here with these generic ass Forza MS Power Point presentation claims about how amazing their game is. They were ambitious with all the ahit they claimed but the end result missed the mark and is no where fricking near, "the best ire physics system." It isn't even the top 5.

Another person that knows better than Pirelli I see...

I never said Forza's overall physics are as good as rFactor and iRacing but their tire model is pretty damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u02Wq138ouw

paskowitz

Errrrrrr. Hold the phone there buddy. First you and Metal are both wrong, not only does iRacing have tire deormation, it has insanely detailed tire deformation. Their new tire model or NTM, is constantly evolving to be even more accurate. I've been on for less than tree months and I have already experienced two new builds if it. The season 2 build just released,

Get out of here with these generic ass Forza MS Power Point presentation claims about how amazing their game is. They were ambitious with all the ahit they claimed but the end result missed the mark and is no where fricking near, "the best ire physics system." It isn't even the top 5.

Many still believe that outside of oval racing, iRacing has unrealistic physics.

I am one of those people.

FordGTGuy

Banned
It's known that Forza tracks, such as Nurb (among others) aren't accurate -- by T10s own admissions. They wanted the game to be "fun".

Who in this thread is defending the Nurburgring in Forza?

also, just because they had Pirelli tire data does't mean everything. There is a lot more work to done after that, such as implementing those data into ann existing game engine. It's not as simple as you make it sound. "oh they have the data = perfect tire model" lol. You've got to stop buying into the promo material they put out.

Do I keep having to point this out?

Forza 4, we took and entirely new approach to our tire simulation. This time, we threw all of the old data away and asked Pirelli to provide us with all-new data for everything. Pirelli did custom tests on a huge variety of tires to cover all of the our cases--including tire width and height, compound, inflation pressure, heat, wear, sidewall height, load, angle, etc. We then changed our system to accept the real-world data directly and without any fix-up from us at all. The means that the tires in Forza 4 behave exactly as the Pirelli test tires did, even in the complex situation where multiple parameters are changing rapidly.

They didn't just plop Pirelli's data into their engine they rebuilt the engine based on Pirelli's data and then worked with Pirelli to make sure it was working correctly...

Look who's talking....

http://www.veryst.com/project/tire-deformation

I'm specifically talking about the physics side of it I could care less if you can see it.
Oh, so not only are you still moving around what I was talking about, you circled around it so much that you are now agreeing with what I initially said... Fantastic!

I do like how you're basically saying Pirelli, one the best tire manufacturers that exists, basically has no idea what they're talking about...
Holy fucking shit! Haha, this had to be some serious matter trolling by now. lol

When the FUCK did I say that? Seriously, do take my previous advice.

Learn to read first, then actually process what you are reading, think about what you're going to post, then post.

And now I really am done with you.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

T10 made specific changes to their physics engine so it could accept the raw data directly from Pirelli. They didn't just throw it in there or change it to suit.

FlyFaster

Who in this thread is defending the Nurburgring in Forza?

Do I keep having to point this out?

DUDE, that's the promo material we're talking about. You want to pour milk on it and eat it?

Anyway,

Here is the claim YOU made, I found it.:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=48234626&highlight=#post48234626

post #87

Forza 2 40,000 polygons avg
Forza 3 400,000 polygons avg
Forza 4 1,000,000 polygons avg

http://jalopnik.com/5808738/how-forza-motorsport-4-will-change-car-culture-forever

The models are outsourced to a modeling studio, they use the same source material so when the models are recreated the same mistakes are usually made. Some of the cars are not actually done by mistake Forza's version of the Enzo for instance is actually a special version that Ferrari only lets them use.

There is a difference between making a few mistakes modeling 600+ cars and porting 800+ PS2 cars that is a whole other level of laziness.

This is exactly what YOU said. As well as you poor choice of source.

My response:

You (and your source) are misrepresenting the truth when you claim that Forza 4 sports 1 million poly cars. That only applies to the AutoVista models in AutoVista mode.

The reason I remember this is because it was one of my first posts on GAF.

Many still believe that outside of oval racing, iRacing has unrealistic physics.

I am one of those people.

What was the last build you played? It seems a lot changed for the NTM behavior in road racing in the last two builds. The road racing is amazing IMO. I am fortunate to have an exact 1:1 racing experience to compare of the Skip Barber car at Watkins Glen and the first time I took the Skippy out at Watkins in iRacing it took me back instantly. Actually gave me goosebumps.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Oh, so not only are you still moving around what I was talking about, you circled around it so much that you are now agreeing with what I initially said... Fantastic!

Holy fucking shit! Haha, this had to be some serious matter trolling by now. lol

When the FUCK did I say that? Seriously, do take my previous advice.

Learn to read first, then actually process what you are reading, think about what you're going to post, then post.

And now I really am done with you.

I have evidence that completely contradicts what you've said and I've shown it twice now...

They didn't just use Pirelli data they actually rebuilt their entire engine around the data and test it with Pirelli to make sure it was working correctly.

DUDE, that's the promo material we're talking about. You want to pour milk on it and eat it?

Anyway,

Here is the claim YOU made, I found it.:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=48234626&highlight=#post48234626

post #87

This is exactly what YOU said. As well as you poor choice of source.

My response:

The reason I remember this is because it was one of my first posts on GAF.

I already said I was wrong with those statements yet somehow you're trying to use it to prove me wrong here?

Ever heard of a strawman argument?

They didn't just plop Pirelli's data into their engine they rebuilt the engine based on Pirelli's data and then worked with Pirelli to make sure it was working correctly...

Holy shit dude, you really drank the Kool-Aid. Ok, by your own logic, than GT5 is the real driving simulator there for it wins. They said it is the real one, so it has to be true. How could any press release to big up a game ever be wrong. The mere idea that you think any game out there could possibly "behave exactly as the Pirelli [or other brand] test tires did, even in the complex situation where multiple parameters are changing rapidly" show how fucking far off the deep end you have gone in your defense of this game. Jesus christ dude, you need to step back for a few minutes and stop parroting the same liner notes from a MS press booklet. You are proving nothing other than your ability to quote PR material.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Holy shit dude, you really drank the Kool-Aid. Ok, by your own logic, than GT5 is the real driving simulator there for it wins. They said it is the real one, so it has to be true. How could any press release to big up a game ever be wrong. The mere idea that you think any game out there could possibly "behave exactly as the Pirelli [or other brand] test tires did, even in the complex situation where multiple parameters are changing rapidly" show how fucking far off the deep end you have gone in your defense of this game. Jesus christ dude, you need to step back for a few minutes and stop parroting the same liner notes from a MS press booklet. You are proving nothing other than your ability to quote PR material.

I guess it's alright to take everything the iRacing developers say about iRacing to be the exact truth?

The funny thing is that your constantly ignoring that I've already said rFactor and iRacing have better physics.

All I'm merely saying is that Forza 4 has a pretty good tire physics model...

FlyFaster

I have evidence that completely contradicts what you've said and I've shown it twice now...

I already said I was wrong with those statements yet somehow you're trying to use it to prove me wrong here?

Ever heard of a strawman argument?

I have indeed heard of this "strawman". I have a Degree in Philosophy.

Anyway, I brought it up because some of the claims you are making in this thread are similar in nature to the claim I quoted, i.e. exaggerations, stretching the truth, ect.

It's also funny you tried to call me out on what you said, but you did, and made me go and dig it up... embarrassing you further (which I didn't want to do).

Stillmatic

Just fired up GT5 for an hour or so and holy fuck, the lighting is incredible. Blah blah screen tearing blah frame stutters blah kills me, but nevertheless, the image quality is staggering.

For the first time in a few months I chucked it in last night too, quite a few updates waiting for me. lol

Is there any must have DLC I've missed out on? Last pack I got was Spa etc.

Took some grabs while I was at it:
vlcsnap-2013-05-01-00n1jy9.png

vlcsnap-2013-05-01-00xakzx.png

vlcsnap-2013-05-01-0263kwt.png

vlcsnap-2013-05-01-01wckle.png

I can't wait to see what these games are going to look like next gen.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I have indeed heard of this "strawman". I have a Degree in Philosophy.

Anyway, I brought it up because some of the claims you are making in this thread are similar in nature to the claim I quoted, i.e. exaggerations, stretching the truth, ect.

It's also funny you tried to call me out on what you said, but you did, and made me go and dig it up... embarrassing you further (which I didn't want to do).

I never told you to dig it up and I never called you out on it, it was your decision to not only bring it up in the first place but to dig it up at all.

Instead of digging up something I already admitted to be false and ended the conversation on why don't you actually point out something in this thread that I've exaggerated?

Also by the way if what you say is true I would believe Forza 4 is the best simulator because that's what the PR says, I don't...

Top Bottom