• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

FordGTGuy

Banned
BADNED already hinted on Forzacentral that FM5 wouldn't be shown in May. I still think it'll appear at E3 in some form though. It would be crazy if it didn't.

Wow.

We will probably see a teaser for Forza Motorsport 5 at E3.

and when it release no one give a shit, on the other hand when GT6 hit, the Wall Street Journal will have an article about it.

Dude you should really calm down... you would think someone who has been here as long as you would know this kid of behavior isn't tolerated for long.

Is this true?

We got to the point where GT fans are blatant lying? =\

Wow, I don't know what's worst in this post.

The fact that you decided to label one side as only ones capable of lying.
The fact that you chose to take the side of someone who has clearly lost it in this thread, as shown by yet again another ridiculous statement (as if you can even choose the TV camera in replays)
Or the fact that you chose to doubt Wax Vannilla, someone who is always trashing GT of all people.

saladine1

BADNED already hinted on Forzacentral that FM5 wouldn't be shown in May. I still think it'll appear at E3 in some form though. It would be crazy if it didn't.

Wow.

Xbox will be holding an event next month on May 21st and many predict that it will introduce the next generation Xbox to the world. Exciting for gamers in general but what’s in it for us racing fans? Well I’ll tell you…

At a location that I can’t tell you about, a person/ninja whom I cannot name, back flipped out of the shadows and told me that it is nearly certain that Forza Motorsport 5 will be announced along with the new Xbox. It is unknown if this will happen at the May 21st event, at E3, or in a stand alone event but the word is it will be announced within the same time frame.

You might be asking why I would trust a ninja who stalks the shadows. Well this particular ninja happens to be a very well connected insider in the gamming community. However, since neither Microsoft, Turn 10 Studios, nor Dan Greenawalt have made any announcements or even hits on the matter I still have to chalk this up to rumor and speculation.

http://www.motorworldhype.com/tag/dangreenawalt/

Obviously take with salt, pepper and turmeric but who knows.
Maybe FM5 and PGR5 are both launch titles......lol

FordGTGuy

Banned

Correction they wrote a article about Unsung Hero games that featured GT5... They also wrote about Dance Central in that article...

Forza 3 was mentioned in the following article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704498804574562300729261702.html

Forza 4 has two articles on their published blogs:

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2...ort-4-for-committed-or-casual-players-review/

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011...igh-speed-thrills-for-novices-and-motorheads/

Hanmik

Correction they wrote a article about Unsung Hero games that featured GT5... They also wrote about Dance Central in that article...

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2...ort-4-for-committed-or-casual-players-review/

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011...igh-speed-thrills-for-novices-and-motorheads/

lol... I just can´t wait for your posts when the "real" console wars start .. 21st. of may and E3 is probably a good time to start reading your posts..! lol

(I was just kidding with the WSJ post..lol.. )

eso76

http://www.motorworldhype.com/tag/dangreenawalt/

Obviously take with salt, pepper and turmeric but who knows.
Maybe FM5 and PGR5 are both launch titles......lol

Wasn't t10 looking for a video editing guy with experience with car videos a couple weeks ago ?
We assumed it was for a trailer...
I thought it may be too late for a may 21st unveil, but it definitely is too early if they're not planning to show it at E3.
Why would they need a video editor now ?

Well, many reasons why they would:
helping them with replay camera angles
maybe helping them coding a little car showcase video (would really like that, instead of boring menu)
Or maybe giving hints on how to develop a replay editor: what angles, what post processing effects, transitions etc.

But most likely, simply editing a trailer for FM5, which means we'll be seeing it soon enough.

AzOqB3W.jpg

Who is that? An Insider? I assume that's not Turn10's official facebook account?

eso76

Who is that? An Insider? I assume that's not Turn10's official facebook account?

Runs forzacentral and has insider info. Likes to talk in riddles :p
The way he said 'not going to happen' made me think he knows t10 already had plans to unveil Fm5 on a different date, e3 or maybe a stand alone event, maybe during some important racing event in the following weeks.

Really man? You actually looks it up? WSJ was a random thing on my part I should have said Fox News.

saladine1

Runs forzacentral and has insider info. Likes to talk in riddles :p
The way he said 'not going to happen' made me think he knows t10 already had plans to unveil Fm5 on a different date, e3 or maybe a stand alone event, maybe during some important racing event in the following weeks.

..or maybe, he knows it's still a whole year out before release :)

eso76

..or maybe, he knows it's still a whole year out before release :)

Might be, but why would t10 be hiring a video editor now then ?
Well, having one help them with the game itself wouldn't be a bad idea at all, like I said, but I doubt it's that.
Plus we have this new rumor, FM.net saying 2013 is going to be huge for Forza fans, Seagull of Microsoft France 'leaking' horizon and saying fm5 would launch in 2013..

velociraptor

So I have finally managed to play a bit of FM4 on a friend's 360.

I personally think physics wise it is better than GT5. Why? Because GT5 has an awful tyre model.

As for the 'driving feel' - hard to say. I like GT5 a lot. But FM4 also feels pretty good. Cars feel harder to drive in GT5 and many of them have an awful degree of understeer. Grip and traction in FM4 > GT5.

I guess it's fair to compare fan communities (Something that is very important for games of this type)

GTPlanet:

MVWTtIa.jpg

ForzaCentral:

WIgma8O.jpg

I'm still surprised that PD don't have any kind of community manager. GTPlanet should probably be endorsed by PD as the 'official' GT community too.

Arucardo

Imagine peoples faces in this thread when both sequels are announced for current gen consoles, lol. (GT6 for PS3 and Forza 5 for 360).

It's not completely unrealistic either though, Sony and MS just have to consider which will be worth more, the huge existing user base or driving some sales for next gen consoles. If MS has a PGR in the works for Durango at launch then they might have a similar situation as Sony does with Driveclub for PS4.

I'm still surprised that PD don't have any kind of community manager. GTPlanet should probably be endorsed by PD as the 'official' GT community too.

good idea. GTPlanet is a solid site. If it, or something similar, was integrated into the next-gen GT via the PS4 dashboard/PS+... that could be pretty awesome.

I guess it's fair to compare fan communities (Something that is very important for games of this type)

GTPlanet:

MVWTtIa.jpg

ForzaCentral:

WIgma8O.jpg

Good, comparing the real home of GT with (because delopers didnt care about the community to make a site for them) vs a good but small fansite instead FM.net which is the real home of Forza.

You are ready to work in Kotaku :)

velociraptor

Good, comparing the real home of GT with (because delopers didnt care about the community to make a site for them) vs a good but small fansite instead FM.net which is the real home of Forza.

You are ready to work in Kotaku :)

GTPlanet:
Threads: 250,554, Posts: 8,069,954, Members: 239,587

FM.net:
346,608 users have contributed to 2,532,915 threads and 1,379,374 posts.

edit: The above doesn't make any fucking sense. Stats seeem all wrong for FM.net.

saladine1

Might be, but why would t10 be hiring a video editor now then ?
Well, having one help them with the game itself wouldn't be a bad idea at all, like I said, but I doubt it's that.
Plus we have this new rumor, FM.net saying 2013 is going to be huge for Forza fans, Seagull of Microsoft France 'leaking' horizon and saying fm5 would launch in 2013..

Seagull?
I thought it was Sebull..

Anyway, to be honest, it's up in the air at the moment isn't it?

There's indications for either as launch titles.

For PGR5:
-PGR's history as launch title new console
-BADNED's posts of "I'd rather another 5"..."Will not happen"
-Guy from Lucid joining in the "PGR appreciation" thread
-Lucid's "Road opens 2013'
-Linkedin profiles
-9 year old visits Lucid, sees them working on racing game
-Lucid's comments, "We have other exciting projects coming this year"
..etc

For Forza 5:
-History of game every 2 years
-Hiring of video editor
-2012 rumor of FM5 as launch title
-Sebull rumor 'leaking' FM5 as launch title
-2013 Verge rumor "FM5 launch title"
-Motorworldhype article Ninja source tells him FM5 launch title
-Turn 10's comment "Let me tell you, 2013 is going to be amazing"
..etc

If we see PGR at the 21st reveal, then it's pretty certain it's the racing game that'll be launched this year.
If we don't see any racing game at 21st reveal, then it'll still be a toss up between either game showing up at E3.

Okay then. Lets compare it to the official Forza Forum:

GTplanet GT5 forum:

MVWTtIa.jpg

OFFICIAL Forza Motorsport 4 forum:

5nSZjnD.jpg

There. Now it's fair :)

Protome

Seagull?
I thought it was Sebull..

Anyway, to be honest, it's up in the air at the moment isn't it?

There's indications for either as launch titles.

For PGR5:
-PGR's history as launch title new console
-BADNED's posts of "I'd rather another 5"..."Will not happen"
-Guy from Lucid joining in the "PGR appreciation" thread
-Lucid's "Road opens 2013'
-Linkedin profiles
-9 year old visits Lucid, sees them working on racing game
-Lucid's comments, "We have other exciting projects coming this year"
..etc

For Forza 5:
-History of game every 2 years
-Hiring of video editor
-2012 rumor of FM5 as launch title
-Sebull rumor 'leaking' FM5 as launch title
-2013 Verge rumor "FM5 launch title"
-Motorworldhype article Ninja source tells him FM5 launch title
-Turn 10's comment "Let me tell you, 2013 is going to be amazing"
..etc

If we see PGR at the 21st reveal, then it's pretty certain it's the racing game that'll be launched this year.
If we don't see any racing game at 21st reveal, then it'll still be a toss up between either game showing up at E3.

What if we've got it all wrong and FM5 is like GT6? It'll be a next Xbox launch title. But only in timeframe, it'll be 360 exclusive.

The official Forza forums have 4,877,560 posts. GT Planet has 8,069,959. The Forza forums have been around since 2005 and GTPlanet since 2001. This totally irrelevant comparison shows little difference between activity in the two forums.

Why are we comparing forum activity stats? Back in the busy days of the IGN boards the Gamecube forum had more activity than the Xbox and PS2 forums combined so this kind of thing doesn't really mean alot....

Mascot

Why are we comparing forum activity stats? Back in the busy days of the IGN boards the Gamecube forum had more activity than the Xbox and PS2 forums combined so this kind of thing doesn't really mean alot....

I was just about to ask the same question. It's fucking pointless.

The official Forza forums have 4,877,560 posts. GT Planet has 8,069,959. The Forza forums have been around since 2005 and GTPlanet since 2001. This totally irrelevant comparison shows little difference between activity in the two forums.

The total number is irrelevant (Due to time difference, like you said). Which is why I chose game-specific ones.

I know all forza people are going to be like "Who cares?". But to me, online fan communities are VERY important to games like this. I always found Forza's a bit depressing and it put me off going online.

Mascot

The total number is irrelevant (Due to time difference, like you said). Which is why I chose game-specific ones.

I know all forza people are going to be like "Who cares?". But to me, online fan communities are VERY important to games like this. I always found Forza's a bit depressing and it put me off going online.

Congratulations.

Why is a fan community more important the the official community? That doesn't make any sense.

Top Bottom