• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Some pics I made within FM4 / FH:

oFawkyU.jpg

(Very much to my disappointment, this is not the 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. Turn 10 implemented the later 1987 Firebird Trans Am GTA instead. Didn't keep me from putting a custom "K.I.T.T." livery on it though.)

Some nice shots I did in Horizon. I don't love this game as much as I love FM4, but I do love it:

I'm terribly sorry. :(

Some of you use this great "click to enlarge" feature for their pics. Any idea how this works? I don't want to blow up the thread, I just want to share some pics. :/

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I'm terribly sorry. :(

Some of you use this great "click to enlarge" feature for their pics. Any idea how this works? I don't want to blow up the thread, I just want to share some pics. :/

If you put the pictures in quote tags it does that.

It's odd that you have to glitch into cars in both GT5 and Forza 4 (Not counting AV ones)

Why did they bother to model the inside so well, only to not let you take the camera inside it? :/

FordGTGuy

Banned
That look so bad.

It's a shame because the detail is all there. It's just that the textures and lighting let the whole thing down.

Even the wheels look like they are made from solid plastic.

I can't believe you hated on the textures, Forza 4 actually has pretty good textures. As far as the lighting goes that has to do with the fact that I changed the contrast, brightness and exposure in that picture.

Slicks do look like plastic... but whatever....

^ A prime example of how a tire should look.

Not shiney.

Right... Farrow you're the biggest closet fanboy I've ever seen... you're blindly making shit up to make Forza seem even worse through your own made up facts like the one above.

Give it a break.

Animations... now considered magic.

Maybe it was a limitation of the graphics engine, the same reason suspension couldn't be visible modelled and we had no open wheeled vehicles and blacked out areas.

saladine1

Speaking of tyres, why hasn't Turn 10 introduced sidewall markings yet?
It's driving me insane!
FM4 especially so, considering how they partnered with Pirelli.
It just makes the tyres look so bland.

PD knows the score.

k3Wg0AL.jpg

6vxaz6e.jpg

eso76

who said T10 guys were spotted in France ?

BADNED updated his profile message "Raidillon de l'Eau Rouge - the place to be"

Spa Francorchamps ? :D

FordGTGuy

Banned
Tyre glossiness is the new torque steer.

deh0815ap87.jpg

stock-photo-a-slick-tyre-on-the-racing-car-1158941.jpg

Surprise, tyres lose glossiness as they are used and can be different tones!

Look neither worn and are the same exact tires that I posted(Goodyear Eagles).

The funny thing is that the new tires you posted are shinier also... but... but... racing slicks don't shine!

Hell the worn ones are shinier than the slicks in GT5.

Speaking of tyres, why hasn't Turn 10 introduced sidewall markings yet?
It's driving me insane!
FM4 especially so, considering how they partnered with Pirelli.
It just makes the tyres look so bland.

PD knows the score.

Most likely has something to do with their deal with Pirelli... or they just didn't license the names..

saladine1

Yep, I posted that Turn 10 audio guys were over there a few weeks ago.

Isn't Raidillon de l'Eau Rouge part of Spa though? (which if people don't know, is in Belgium)

New tires are glossy, yes. But not after they have been round a track.

Those ones in the Forza shot look nothing like the texture of real ones.

Also, FordGTGuy, please stop calling other people fanboys. Take a look at yourself in the mirror before spouting things like that.

eso76

Yep, I posted that Turn 10 audio guys were over there a few weeks ago.

Isn't Raidillon de l'Eau Rouge part of Spa though? (which if people don't know, is in Belgium)

yes, i wasn't sure it literally meant 'in france', i was thinking of it as some Badned riddle

FordGTGuy

Banned
New tires are glossy, yes. But not after they have been round a track.

Those ones in the Forza shot look nothing like the texture of real ones.

Also, FordGTGuy, please stop calling other people fanboys. Take a look at yourself in the mirror before spouting things like that.

Still look a helluva lot glossier than the ones in that GT5 shot to me.

I'm not a fanboy I'm just not gonna sit back and let you lie about Forza to make it look bad, I'd do the same for GT5 in a heartbeat.

How many GT5 screenshots have I pointed out to talk crap about them in this thread? Zero, that's right not a single one...

ForzaBigshot39.png~original

ForzaBigshot310.png~original

ForzaBigshot311.png~original

My favorite Ferrari 512 TR <3

Read this great topic: it explains why Forza fans can't see that GT5 is way more beautiful/detailed/realistic and why GT5 fans can't see the tearing and framerate issues.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553340

Take this and get out of here Junior, everyone involved in this thread freely admits GT5 is a better looking game than Forza.

It's just a animation sadly, would be nice if you could have control as to what is done to your car. Wish Forza had a pitstop animation but in reality you rarely ever take pitstops in Forza so it isn't that big of a deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0D3OTJOOP4

You choose the type of tyres and how much fuel you want when you're about to pit.

During the GT online races, depending on the tyres, a 15 lap race meant you had to pit at least once because the tyres wouldn't last the whole distance.

FordGTGuy

Banned
You choose the type of tyres and how much fuel you want when you're about to pit.

During the GT online races, depending on the tyres, a 15 lap race meant you had to pit at least once because the tyres wouldn't last the whole distance.

Cool, nice to know that as I didn't see it in the videos.

I wish my PS3 didn't break D:... it's been so long since I've been able to play GT5.

ForzaBigshot34.png~original

GetPhotoashx-2.jpg~original

Here is the dumb part of this, the top picture is what caused this (very)dumb argument, that I freely admitted to messing with the lighting on. The bottom one is the default lighting... c'mon now Farrow...

Mascot

If Spa isn't in FM5 then Turn 10 are either totally oblivious to their fan's requirements or they choose to completely ignore them.

Christ, I really hope FM5 and GT6 really up the track count from what's currently available. The ground work for both titles has been done, both games are going to be undoubtedly awesome, but by God for me a racing title lives and dies by the number and variety of its race tracks.

I seriously want double the amount that are currently on offer.

Christ, I really hope FM5 and GT6 really up the track count from what's currently available. The ground work for both titles has been done, both games are going to be undoubtedly awesome, but by God for me a racing title lives and dies by the number and variety of its race tracks.

Well, Jacob managed to chat with him for a bit asking about Gran Turismo series and it’s future. And the information he managed to get is very interesting. Lucas gave away that Gran Turismo 6 production is in progress and we will be very surprised how accurate and well-reproduced are all the tracks. Also, the amount of them will be simply jawdropping.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-rumored-to-include-large-number-of-tracks/

saladine1

If Spa isn't in FM5 then Turn 10 are either totally oblivious to their fan's requirements or they choose to completely ignore them.

..and this brings us back to our friend SHIFT 2.
Not only do we see great track selection, but SMS took it a step further and offered historical variants of certain tracks as well.

Slightly Mad knows the score.

FordGTGuy

Banned

If we do get the track I hope they don't follow their usual tradition of cutting other content to add it.

..and this brings us back to our friend SHIFT 2.
Not only do we see great track selection, but SMS took it a step further and offered historical variants of certain tracks as well.

Slightly Mad knows the score.

SHIFT 2 had a great track collection it's just too bad about that horrible physics engine.

DD

Same for me.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Turn 10 for the love of everything good put these tracks into, back into a forza game, Forza 5!

Alpine Ring
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIPzpIJ9pF0
forza-motorsport-alpine-ring.jpg

Blue Mountains Raceway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcnO5TbpsMc
013-1.jpg~original

Pacific Shipyards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWb_GEeaeu8
006-2.jpg~original

Rio De Janeiro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uq7b8r27Ig
011-1.jpg~original