• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

During the day, this thread can hold some interesting discussion, in the night it turns into a pool of excrements. Soon it will devour GAF as a whole and puke it out to start the cycle again!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
GSG Flash said:
some Forza fanboys here, I won't name any names, are defending Forza like it's their first born.
It's hard not to fault them though, given the utter insanity and sheer troll spam we're seeing from the other side. :lol

I wonder what the mods really plan to do with all the posts in this thread - maybe they're just trying to get post histories built up for future reference later on?

ShapeGSX

theignoramus said:
You can see some of the detail of the interior through the window.
As is the case with just about every vehicle in Prologue. From an overhead view, you can see the interior and the driver animations while you drive.

You can in the Forza 3 demo, too, from an overhead view.

It isn't all that easy to see in pictures people take of their TVs, but when it is in motion, you definitely can see the interior, the driver, and the road and other cars through the other side. When it is in motion, it is much more obvious. Probably just like it is more obvious in motion in Prologue.

Try the demo and see for yourself.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
schennmu said:
During the day, this thread can hold some interesting discussion, in the night it turns into a pool of excrements. Soon it will devour GAF as a whole and puke it out to start the cycle again!

Guess your mean GMT day daytime ;-P, I've noticed the same also.

KHarvey16 said:
Fair doesn't necessarily mean not blatantly trolling.
Well yeah, I won't deny that I've blasted a few people unfairly. But it's been fun and that's what this thread is about.
But let's not pretend like you are in here to promote fairness, I've seen you at work in the Gran Turismo thread, you're notoriously one sided.

KHarvey16

theignoramus said:
Well yeah, I won't deny that I've blasted a few people unfairly. But it's been fun and that's what this thread is about.
But let's not pretend like you are in here to promote fairness, I've seen you at work in the Gran Turismo thread, you're notoriously one sided.

Against blatant trolling and untruths? Yes, you're absolutely right.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Aren't most of the serious racing fans in this thread going to play both FM3 and GT5 anyway? It's not like we're released at the exact same time so there's a difficult decision to make in terms of time and money. As a racing fan myself, I play all racing games regardless of platform or publisher. I've got a few weeks left to finish Dirt 2 and NFS before FM3 engulfs me.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
chespace said:
Aren't most of the serious racing fans in this thread going to play both FM3 and GT5 anyway?
Yes, and outside of a select few they're likely not really posting in this cesspool of a thread anyway. :lol

chespace said:
Aren't most of the serious racing fans in this thread going to play both FM3 and GT5 anyway? It's not like we're released at the exact same time so there's a difficult decision to make in terms of time and money. As a racing fan myself, I play all racing games regardless of platform or publisher. I've got a few weeks left to finish Dirt 2 and NFS before FM3 engulfs me.

This thread isn't about that, its system wars and the two games are the guise of the comparison.

KHarvey16

theignoramus said:
Only if it was related to Forza. But more obviously, the only time you would post in that thread was if someone brought up Forza.

Forgive me for focusing on the huge, gushing breach as opposed to the drip in the corner.

Parapraxis

Good goddamn
Forza 3's Creative Director, Dan Greenawalt, told x360a at a Forza 3 event in London this week that there's nothing on the market that comes close to simulating what Forza 3 does.

Greenawalt pined, "I play a lot of racing games, including PC racing games and I have not seen anything that is even within years of what we’re delivering here."

"Part of that actually meant visiting McLaren and seeing the simulator that they train on. I’ve seen other race teams as well and some of their simulators. We were kind of able to learn from each of them and incorporate a lot of that. So I think it would be hard for someone to match that," the outspoken Creative Director added.

Greenawalt later noted, "We have the best simulator around. You’re not going to find another one that’s even close, so if you turn off all the assists, you’re driving with a clutch, even on a controller, you’re driving. There’s tire flex, body flex and unsprung weight on the tires. You turn all the assists on, a 6 year old can play it."
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...on-the-Market-is-Within-Years-of-Forza-3.html

Dra-Q

Banned
chespace said:

Well, say that to your boss.

Forza 3's Creative Director, Dan Greenawalt, told x360a at a Forza 3 event in London this week that there's nothing on the market that comes close to simulating what Forza 3 does.

This one's really great:

We have the best simulator around.

KHarvey16 said:
Forgive me for focusing on the huge, gushing breach as opposed to the drip in the corner.
Just drop the "fair" angle and admit that your interest in "fairness" is limited to any and all discussion of FM3.:lol :lol
No need to pretend you dont have a preference or a bias, this thread is about being frank.:D

KHarvey16

theignoramus said:
Just drop the "fair" angle and admit that your interest in "fairness" is limited to any and all discussion of FM3.:lol :lol
No need to pretend you dont have a preference or a bias, this thread is about being frank.:D

I really don't have a bias. I don't give a shit about XBox vs. PS3 and when GT5 comes out it will be the reason I buy a new slim. I want both games to be great and I have every confidence they will be.

The simple fact remains there is an absolute imbalance in this trollfest.

chespace

Dra-Q said:
Well, say that to your boss.

This one's really great:

Dan's press tour quotes aside, I don't see how it changes what I wrote. The two games aren't being released anywhere near each other. There's really no excuse not to play both if you are a racing fan.

Yoritomo

chespace said:

In this thread? maybe not. In the other 2 threads. Probably.

Raist

Banned
chespace said:
Dan's press tour quotes aside, I don't see how it changes what I wrote. The two games aren't being released anywhere near each other. There's really no excuse not to play both if you are a racing fan.

So... about that LOD tesselation whatever issues... s'up?

:p

KHarvey16 said:
I really don't have a bias. I don't give a shit about XBox vs. PS3 and when GT5 comes out it will be the reason I buy a new slim. I want both games to be great and I have every confidence they will be.

The simple fact remains there is an absolute imbalance in this trollfest.
You have pointed this out constantly. You've been saying it since the first pages of the thread, so I have to assume that your efforts in here and the Gran Turismo thread are due to your preference for one franchise over another.

suyp1u.jpg

KHarvey16

theignoramus said:
You have pointed this out constantly. You've been saying it since the first pages of the thread, so I have to assume that your efforts in here and the Gran Turismo thread are due to your preference for one franchise over another.

How is this not making sense to you? If the tables were turned and FM trolls outnumbered GT trolls 10 to 1 I'd be defending GT.

lowrider007

chespace said:

Yes I am, but the problem is not everyone owns both systems so cue 'system wars', people can get very protective over what little they have.

Barso

Banned
I really liked Dan after forza 1 and forza 2 and I thought he gave a great E3 performance this year and after seeing Che's photos in the forza3 thread my excitement for this game was unreal but after playing the demo and reading Dan's comments, to be brutally honest he can go fuck himself.
I hope GT5 eats him and his team for breakfast.
Dan and Greenbergs comments really make me want to hope that sony finishes MS and it's 360 off for good.
As much as I hope that windows 7 is as great as people say it is I wish MS would piss off from the console race.
And to think I used to really like my 360.

Interfectum

chespace said:

Why would you play a 'stagnant racing series' (as you put it) like GT

chespace said:
It's only a shit storm if you get butt hurt about it. Or you can just play video games.

It's Doc Evils, don't even bother dude. PR guy saying his game is good/better than competition ? No way.

Interfectum

Doc Evils said:
He's really setting himself up for a shit storm.

I just think he's under a lot of pressure to get the sales figures up so he needs to be quite aggressive in selling his product especially now given MS' recent relations with their studios.

I mean if Forza 3 is a sales flop like the previous ones then Turn 10 could be the next Ensemble.

KHarvey16

theignoramus said:
What a hero.:lol :lol

And I said this where? You're the one that started this examination of my motives. At least you make it easy for me to tell when you've realized you have nothing else to add.

chespace

Interfectum said:
Why would you play a 'stagnant racing series' (as you put it) like GT

Because I remain a fan of the series and have been for the past decade. Also, because I'm a graphics whore. :lol

However, GT5P's unlocking structure and difficulty is a beat down I did not enjoy, hence the comment.

Dra-Q

Banned
Interfectum said:
I just think he's under a lot of pressure to get the sales figures up so he needs to be quite aggressive in selling his product especially now given MS' recent relations with their studios.

It's Dennis Dyack all over again.

Too Forza lol

Interfectum said:

I mean if Forza 3 is a sales flop like the previous ones then Turn 10 could be the next Ensemble.

Forza 2 sold 4 million copies. That was a huge flop obviously.

lowrider007

Interfectum said:

Are you serious ?, Forza 2 was a flop ?, get your head out of the sand please.

Shurs

Raist said:
So... about that LOD tesselation whatever issues... s'up?

:p

chespace said:
One clarification about photomode and screenshots we've released so far. Aside from the added effects such as AA, DOF, and motion blur, all assets you see in photomode are the same although I do stand corrected on one factor which is the player car. They do have higher detail in photomode while all other cars, the environments, etc. are exactly what you see in game. And as you know in replays everything is the same. Anyway, did not mean to mislead or 'play dumb' with earlier statements as I misunderstood how LODs were being used in the various modes. That said, many of the screenshots we've released thus far have used the in-game graphics car models since we often shoot a scene including cars that aren't the player car. <shrug> It all looks good and representative of the game, imo.

chespace
It's not actually lying if you don't admit it
(Today, 07:08 PM)
Reply | Quote

AFreak

Banned
Interfectum said:
Wonder what PD were taking careful notes on - magic carpet physics, blacked out interiors, cardboard cutout spectators or how to deceive your fanbase for 2 years about the quality of your in-game models.

They were taking notes on what not to do.

Shurs said:
chespace
It's not actually lying if you don't admit it
(Today, 07:08 PM)
Reply | Quote

Everything he said in this quote was right. But I assume that a PS3 only owner who didn't played the demo can't confirm that.

TheFatOne

lowrider007 said:
Are you serious ?, Forza 2 was a flop ?, get your head out of the sand please.

I don't know I mean it only sold 220k first month NPD then disappeared of the face of the planet. One has to wonder how Forza 2 sold 3million copies.

Edit: Actually the same with GT5P, but that wasn't a full game.

TheFatOne said:
I don't know I mean it only sold 220k first month NPD then disappeared of the face of the planet. One has to wonder how Forza 2 sold 3million copies.

Uncharted sold 147k first month NPD. It sold 2.5 millions copies in total. There's a shitload of other games in this case. This guy was obviously saying BS, no need to defend him.

lowrider007

TheFatOne said:

It was a slow burner that sold consistently, first months sales aren't always indicative of how successful the product will be.

Top Bottom