• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

I like that the thread has moved on from throwing poo about which game has better graphics and is now a heated debate about the value judgement of pressing a button.

neogaf1.gif

Ploid 3.0

There seem to be a bit of confusion. People love that rewind is in Forza, that's great. People range from don't want rewind in gt, to don't mind if it's put into gt and that's great. There are some people suggesting that rewind should be in all racing games, and this is where the conflict comes in. Should all action games have rewind because prince of persia has it? No. If all games had the exact same features how would they be identified, we should welcome diversity. Not having rewind leaves you no options for a fail safe. It adds something to the experience. Having rewind gives you another chance to correct something that went wrong. It also adds something to the experience.

I really don't want it in GT, just enjoy it in Forza if you want rewind. It's not elitism it's just personal preference for the type of game people are expecting.

Please stop asking about rewind in GT. I'm serious, seeing LBP rewinding effects while the car is retracing steps in GT would pretty much describe a nightmare for me.

BenjaminBirdie said:
?!?

So, this seasoned driver that was destined to win this race with his skill, fucks a turn, hits rewind and wins the race?

Or maybe this seasoned driver, so skilled, so beauteous in his every slight slide of the wheel, so concerned with the pure unfettered thrill of the race, wait, why is he using Rewind anyway?

;D

Why wouldn't he. He lost the race, won't get a great time trial score anyway, and could at least leave with some credits or/and a prize car. If, without rewind, he can still win, and get the same rewards then he has no reason to use it, or be tempted to use it. If he's disqualified from a race/tournament for using it, he probably won't use it, less temptation, more of a penalty for using it.

If it's ever put in GT there better be a harsh penalty, like 20k credit, disqualified, and some points off of your license type of penalty.

tirant said:
:lol :lol you had to use a shitty capture from a shitty capturer? :lol

It looks better even on my SDTV :lol
your blurry small sdtv?. i'm sure it does. in motion. but this is how the game looks when you capture gameplay.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
somebody should mock up what GT would look like with rewind on - perhaps using LBP rewind lines to enhance the effect.

cakefoo

BenjaminBirdie said:
?!?

So, this seasoned driver that was destined to win this race with his skill, fucks a turn, hits rewind and wins the race?

Or maybe this seasoned driver, so skilled, so beauteous in his every slight slide of the wheel, so concerned with the pure unfettered thrill of the race, wait, why is he using Rewind anyway?

;D
So everyone who makes mistakes wouldn't know enough about driving to ever take a corner like a pro?

So when you go 19 flawless laps, and on your 20th you choke, you won't use rewind because obviously you'll be rewinding that turn again and again, unable to improve on it even though you just took it cleanly 19 times in a row prior.

jaypah

i haven't caught up with the thread but it seems like you have to use rewind? how did they even implement that? that's pretty wild.

also, it's hilarious how there's a very strict line drawn for who's against rewind and for rewind. if you match the post with the user everybody is playing their part to perfection. long time Xbox supporters digging a feature in Forza? NO WAY!! GT crazed, well known Sony fanboys don't like the idea of optional rewind? the hell you say?! utterly shocking. almost as shocking as watching them try to prove their point as if anybody here doesn't know their history. "here's what i think on the matter, from a racing purist point of view....wait, DON'T CHECK MY POST HISTORY!! oh noez, my credibilitiez!"

though i will say that arguing against an optional feature seems a little bit crazier.

Doc Evils said:

hot sauce.

Ploid 3.0

I know I will use it if it's in. I'd also use rewind in demon's souls if it was in that game. It would also make for a different experience. For mmorpg's I would load my previous save if I screw up. I sure wanted to after my first time playing one, but because it wasn't there the experience was totally different from anything I've played. There was risk, and tension. I like that, if the option is there it will be used. I'm being honest here. That's why I don't want it in GT, put it in other racers (not motorstorm, but just fix the AI to not cheat), and I'm fine as well.

Yes, I even used B-Spec to play a whole race and I hope it's not in GT5. That was pretty lame. I have no idea what they had in mind for that feature. I'm pretty sure it was unfinished, and those points you collected was probably for online ranking.

Firewire

Banned
dragonfart28 said:
It's nice that they've done so much for the vehicle model, but what about the environments? All I see is car + pavement.

Did you not see the trees, mountains & city landscape?

Woz

dragonfart28 said:
Yea, static images are impressive to you? At least it seemed like they were static images to me.

Yeah, were I live the mountains walk around the landscape.

Firewire

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
What track is that anyway? It kinda looked a bit like the track in GTHD, but at night.

Debate is ongoing in the GT thread, some say it looks like Eiger but the tunnel to me at least looks like Grand Valley if it isn't different tracks spliced together it might be a new track all together. The only part I recognize is the tunnel section.

Zaptruder

Banned
Dragonfart has a point. How awesome would it be to see a Wipeout/FZero GX style special track in GT just for the hell of it? Wouldn't even need to be that extreme... even Ridge Racer style would be alright.

chespace said:
We're working on this. It will scare the shit out of you.
you-lie-1450-1252561174-84.jpg

.....but yeah the whole rewind debate, i could care less about that shit, its not a selling feature to me. You think people go to buy a racing game and are like "if the shit doesn't have rewind i'm not buying it"?:lol
3d2760616ba14c41944667ea885e7262.jpg

jaypah

Andronicus said:
.....but yeah the whole rewind debate, i could care less about that shit, its not a selling feature to me. You think people go to buy a racing game and are like "if the shit doesn't have rewind i'm not buying it"?:lol

lol, of course not. now for all of the nut jobs in the thread that think it somehow detracts from the game..... that's the sad part of the debate. you have one side saying "options, cool" and another saying "keep them options outta my games".

then you read it all and it stops being sad and starts being funny!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
jaypah said:
lol, of course not. now for all of the nut jobs in the thread that think it somehow detracts from the game..... that's the sad part of the debate. you have one side saying "options, cool" and another saying "keep them options outta my games".

then you read it all and it stops being sad and starts being funny!

And to what boggles my mind is that it's something that's not even available during a real race!

Sysgen

Can someone tell me that Turn 10 for the final game will move the tachometer back to the center when in bumper cam view. I race on expert mode with manual and clutch and having it all the way to the right on a wide screen TV, I can't see it nor know when I'm redlining or pushing the redline. Also I have to keep track of the gears as I race because I don't want to keep having to look over. I didn't buy the Capcom MotoGP because of this. I'll buy Forza 3 but this is such a major issue and I can't imagine I'm the only one that thinks the tach placement sucks.

Firewire

Banned
Q:In this era of PS3 and Xbox 360 games, where third-parties are almost never shipping console exclusives, certainly Sony's been very strong on, well, "our strategy, then, for differentiation is to use our first-party organization to make solid, important, AAA exclusives." Is that how you see it, too?

PS: Absolutely. And to ship them! That's an important part of our strategy. Look at Forza shipping next month: the definitive racing sim this generation. You could say it's the only racing sim that's shipping this generation.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4154/the_man_at_the_center_of_.php?page=3

Wow just wow. It seems the stupidity in comments flows down from MS to Turn 10 maybe.

SmokyDave

"You could say it's the only racing sim that's shipping this generation."

Errm, you could but you'd be factually incorrect. Even if we pretend there was no PS3 this gen let alone GT5.

Someone send this poor man a copy of Forza 2 and Race Pro. Hell, even GT: PSP could squeeze into the Sim category with all the assists off and pro physics, it certainly isn't arcade.

-viper-

Banned
SmokyDave said:

Errm, you could but you'd be factually incorrect. Even if we pretend there was no PS3 this gen let alone GT5.

Someone send this poor man a copy of Forza 2 and Race Pro. Hell, even GT: PSP could squeeze into the Sim category with all the assists off and pro physics, it certainly isn't arcade.
GT PSP is still a sim with normal physics + assists.

-viper-

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
To be honest, the rewind feature is the one thing that might bring me back to console sim racers. I bailed out on the genre after GT3 and Forza 1.
yet you're happy enough to play Ninja Gaiden? WAT

AndyD

aka andydumi
SmokyDave said:

Dont forget Ferrari Challenge and also Supercar Challenge. They are pretty simish. Definitely not arcade.

jaypah

mmmmm mmm, that's some crazy tasty PR work right there :lol and the obvious people seem agitated. mission accomplished?

LCfiner

jaypah said:
mmmmm mmm, that's some crazy tasty PR work right there :lol and the obvious people seem agitated. mission accomplished?

absolutely.

the usual suspects piss on about it and everyone else goes about their business.

Would it kill these guys to show some humility? Shit reads like a forum troll.

Anyway, I hope in GT5 you can race all cars without having to unlock them ;_;

Top Bottom