• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

skyfinch

guest1321 said:
One thing I have noticed is that the manufacturer affinity levels up super slowly it seems compared to driver level. At about level 6 or 7 it seems like the benefit for increasing affinity is no longer that big. Their is an achievement for reaching level 50 affinity with a manufacturer, but I can't think of what the purpose of that would be.

I finished world tour and tried my best to stick with Ferrari, even during online racing, but I'm still only at level 21 affinity.

Izayoi said:
A whopping 937 credits for logging in today.

Woohoo!

Yep. They're getting less and less each day. Not much I can do with 900 credits.

eek5

skyfinch said:
I finished world tour and tried my best to stick with Ferrari, even during online racing, but I'm still only at level 21 affinity.
What are your CR bonuses around level 20?

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
Aptos said:
Also: whenever you reconnect the speed wheel the game thinks it's a proper wheel, so you'll need to set it to use controller setup 5 so you can shift with x and b.

Got my Speed Wheel + Std Ed game in the mail so can't wait to step into the future tonight (well, at least bridge the gap between gamepad and full wheel).

On the Forza boards (only following them to see if and when Turn 10 will acknowledge the issues with the Speed Wheel) I see the LB/RB issue and lack of feedback/vibration both being discussed. Apparently the solution to the latter is to disconnect and reconnect the Speed Wheel after Forza has loaded which will force the controller to be recognized as CSR wheel, then choose setup 5 and you will have much improved feedback/vibration.

Can anyone confirm the poor vibration/feedback to start with and also the "fix"? I'd just like the experience to be the best it can be on my first go with it. Definitely using the tips on clutch control discussed here too.

skyfinch

guest1321 said:
I'm only at level 12 and I just got 75,000 for leveling up. You must have gotten more?

I think it stays the same. I don't remember seeing anything more than that. And it's taking forever to level up now. Getting sick of picking Ferraris for every race.

Majanew

Banned
Really hope T10 finally includes qualifying laps in FM5 so I can improve my starting position. And get rid of the stupid cut-scene revving my car.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's the max manufacturer level? 50?

Probably the only achievement that's in my way of 1000/1000 :(

But I am an admitted Ferrari fanboy so I ain't even mad. Though I have mostly raced Fords thus far (just got to level 31 today, picking the F50 over the F1 hurt deep down).

Fake edit: just remembered the Kinect achievement..... Fuck.

guest1321

guest1321 said:
Either way, loving the game right now. I am little sad that I only have 5 more gift/reward cars until i'm on to cash prizes only for levels.
Make that four more level to go....

skyfinch said:
I think it stays the same. I don't remember seeing anything more than that. And it's taking forever to level up now. Getting sick of picking Ferraris for every race.
I can see myself getting frustrated with only driving Audi's but at the same time I wouldn't really mind. It's hard because I want to get the achievement but simultaneously I don't want to burn myself out being repetitive.

sneaky77

Majanew said:
Really hope T10 finally includes qualifying laps in FM5 so I can improve my starting position. And get rid of the stupid cut-scene revving my car.

I would settle for removing the cut scene.. but yes to both

guest1321 said:
Make that four more level to go....

I can see myself getting frustrated with only driving Audi's but at the same time I wouldn't really mind. It's hard because I want to get the achievement but simultaneously I don't want to burn myself out being repetitive.

That's why I am not worrying too much about it, I figured that in trying to tick off events after the WT ends, plus rivals stuff it will eventually build or I will grind it at some point.

Some events in WT do have extra affinity credits and stuff like that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Butane123 said:
I've fallen in love with the Tesla.... sucks on any track with even a medium sized straight, though.
The start up sound on that thing is truly something to marvel. I was like whoa hold on I have to do that again haha

guest1321

skyfinch said:
What percentage of your career had you completed when you finished world tour?

skyfinch

Instead of the replay angle after you cross the finish line, hit the "change camera" just as you cross the line and it switches to 3rd person, while the cpu takes over.

I have more useless tricks up my sleeve.

Edit, no I don't.

guest1321 said:
What percentage of your career had you completed when you finished world tour?

8.5% :/

I'm still only at 10% at the moment. Career mode burn out. Doing rivals for now.

Edit, 8.5% but repeated many events because I had no idea which ones I already completed.

guest1321

Butane123 said:
I've fallen in love with the Tesla.... sucks on any track with even a medium sized straight, though.
It creeped me out the first time I heard it because I was expecting an almost whiny electric motor similar to that of RC cars. Not the case at all. That things whispers and is quite is nimble too! Very exciting car

eek5

Butane123 said:

Yeah you get burned on any track with straights. It's pretty fun in shorter tracks though

guest1321

skyfinch said:
8.5% :/

I'm still only at 10% at the moment. Career mode burn out. Doing rivals for now.

Edit, 8.5% but repeated many events because I had no idea which ones I already completed.
Wow, I'm really impressed by how massive this game is. So much to do. By giving a huge event selection it really allows us to navigate through the game how we please and still make decent progress towards the long term goals.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
BoobPhysics101 said:
You're asking if auto clutch is done, if it'll power shift for you? No, because I believe the auto clutch always pushes the clutch in and out, so the AI won't powershift for you. The whole point of powershifting is to do a shift at the right RPM without the clutch.

Yup, some people would question this but it is entirely possible irl. Snapped the clutch cable on my motorbike once and had to cruise home with no clutch. Pain the arse it is, but definitely doable.

sneaky77

skyfinch said:

I didn't realize you could repeat events, I thought it was single races from part of the event list, but maybe in the event list is like a series, but in WT you only do a couple of the events from it

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I swear to fucking god, the fucking DIABLO GT-R's are there to fuck you up in the Nurb GP fast pass rivals event.

They have made sudden passing knee jerk turns and go side by side with other AI cars during turns, fucking cock blocking pieces of shit, I was beating a rival for a 2:01 time and OF COURSE a Diablo had to fuck me up.

This kept happening during this push all I came out with was some dirty 2:02 times Jesus Christ lol.

The Countach got to me once and the Diablo like 5-6 times, I'm not shitting you. No other cars pestered me besides these.

skyfinch

sneaky77 said:
I didn't realize you could repeat events, I thought it was single races from part of the event list, but maybe in the event list is like a series, but in WT you only do a couple of the events from it

I think it comes down to what cars you pick. I was picking only Ferraris, and there comes a point when world tour has no choice but to repeat events.

There are also times when I was forced to pick different cars. For example, I was in a Ferrari, but the world tour only had Mercedes events to pick from.

Slayer-33 said:
I swear to fucking god, the fucking DIABLO GT-R's are there to fuck you up in the Nurb GP fast pass rivals event.

M.Rossi's uncle drives a Diablo GT-R

guest1321

sneaky77 said:
You were right. It is races picked from various events throughout the events list. There is a world tour set of events but I think those are just all of the 2 heat races I think.

skyfinch said:
I'd love to know his damage stats for people who've gotten much farther in the game.

When I check my opponent stats only two of them show any damage: M. Rossi and one other German driver I forget the name of. Their AI is batshit.

guest1321

skyfinch said:
AHHHH! I was in a race and somehow this goddamn c-class gets way far ahead of the pack. I spend the three laps around Mugello hunting this a hole down but can't manage to pull it off. I restart the race and go directly after this guy. So frustrated I smash into the wall about halfway through the race. Got back on course and proceeded to win. I happened to read your comment as this was occurring and figured this was not coincidence. (even though it was really me driving like an a-hole).

I just finished up a race around the bernese alps in the DBR9 passing people. I am doing awesome, loving my speed wheel, making the 62 passes or whatever it wants. Then the damn speed wheel decides to run out of battery. Well shit! I reconnect it, no shifting. I connect the controller, no shifting. It was a great 1 and half laps of just barely weaving through traffic and then i'm stuck in 3rd gear for the last half of the last lap going 117 bobbing around like a dumbass in the red zone. killing me....

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
The drag races seem to be difficult (rivals) lol.. I don't seem to have much grip off the line compared to others, time to learn how to tune a dragster now :(

cajunator

Banned
I was in one of the early races with a Ford KA and it was actually really fun. Great first car to get in the game. I like the starting lineup more in this game than the last.

guest1321

Has anyone noticed a weird sounds while driving around the speedways. It is very subtle and it sounds similar to tires sliding, but it isn't as sharp. It is almost the same sound as someone hawking a loogie.

Arucardo

Oh god, finally holding the LCE in my mitts. I'll just finish this coffee and go fire it up. Any room in the club Shortt Sirket?

Izayoi

Banned
There needs to be a way to check your affinity while in the car select screen. Backing out every time to check which manufacturers you have at 4 or higher is really obnoxious.

sneaky77

skyfinch said:
I think it comes down to what cars you pick. I was picking only Ferraris, and there comes a point when world tour has no choice but to repeat events.

There are also times when I was forced to pick different cars. For example, I was in a Ferrari, but the world tour only had Mercedes events to pick from.

Mr skyfinch it took me 36 damn laps to beat your tsubuka time in the HBK lol

guest1321

soundscream said:
Driving without ABS is hard :(
I mean damn, I lack confidence going into turns. Had to use rewind which I hate doing.
Really? I love having ABS off. I think I probably am a little shyer about going into turns but at the same time I love the feeling of easing onto the brakes and that feeling of: DO I HAVE ENOUGH ROOM?
Yeah there are times where you might have to rewind, but it is well worth the additional level of immersion you get.

EDIT: 5000th post! This thread moves.

nismogrendel said:
I did my first drag race today, built a 500 hp GTO. The best I could do is low 12 sec times, I have no idea how to setup a drag car.

I have drag quality tires, took air in back down to 27, no idea what to set ride height/camber/springs etc.

Anyone have any quick and dirty drag setup tips?

Anyone?

guest1321

elektrixx said:
Is any of the import content from Forza 3 exclusive or is it possible to get all that stuff (eventually) without importing?
If you preordered and got the mazda rx 7 spirit then you would have to import to get it. Also, if you had any of the VIP or collectors edition cars (superlegera, scuderia) then those will not be available to you in Forza 4 unless you had them in forza 3 and you imported them.
derFeef said:
I guess it's normal that 'My Forza" is not showing anything yet? It's empty and lacks infos.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say that it is not showing anything yet. Mine has all my info and some photos that I have uploaded. I also have access to my message center and can see my friends. Are you logged in?

Mascot

My game hung up when I was asked if I wanted to import my vinyls from FM3 (I didn't even get to say 'yes' or 'no', had to quit back to dash), and now I can't re-find the option to import them.

Any ideas? I'll be pissed if a game crash has closed this door forever.

Izayoi

Banned
Good thing I decided not to wait for them to send me the RX7.

Still haven't received it. Kind of shitty, if you ask me, but eh.

Arucardo

Mascot said:
My game hung up when I was asked if I wanted to import my vinyls from FM3 (I didn't even get to say 'yes' or 'no', had to quit back to dash), and now I can't re-find the option to import them.

Any ideas? I'll be pissed if a game crash has closed this door forever.
I remember Jube3 saying how to do it a while ago. I think it was something like pressing Y when looking at your vinyl groups or something like that, not sure if it shows a prompt for it in one of the menus.

Only disc 2 left to install. Transfered my old HDD, punched in all the codes and installed disc 1. Btw, not installing disc 1 didn't help with the fanatec 0 credits bug, right?

derFeef

guest1321 said:
I'm not sure what you mean when you say that it is not showing anything yet. Mine has all my info and some photos that I have uploaded. I also have access to my message center and can see my friends. Are you logged in?
Yeah I am logged in but I see no level, no XP, nothing. Everything is at 0. Maybe it is gathering the infos slowly?

Shaneus

Suck it, bitches. Double VIP:
VfB5W.png

I'm also twice the GAF member than any of you.

caramac

VindictiveGnome said:
Whoever recommended the Evora T124 with VoodooUomo's tune is genius. This car/setup rocks! Only downside is the speed. Everything catches up so easily on the stretches.

I think you'll find it ideal for tracks like the Alps and Maple Valley etc.

elektrixx

Banned
guest1321 said:
If you preordered and got the mazda rx 7 spirit then you would have to import to get it. Also, if you had any of the VIP or collectors edition cars (superlegera, scuderia) then those will not be available to you in Forza 4 unless you had them in forza 3 and you imported them.
Okay, I can get the VIP pack as DLC so that's all good.

I've found a list of Forza 3 DLC that imports to Forza 4. Are any of the following cars unobtainable in Forza 4 without purchasing these packs?

Community Choice Classics Pack
1982 DeLorean DMC-12

Hot Holidays Car Pack
2010 Ferrari 458 Italia

Stig Garage Pack
2010 Lexus LF-A

eek5

elektrixx said:
Okay, I can get the VIP pack as DLC so that's all good. Are the LCE cars and the VIP pack the same thing?

I've found a list of Forza 3 DLC that imports to Forza 4. Are any of the following cars unobtainable in Forza 4 without purchasing these packs?

Community Choice Classics Pack
1982 DeLorean DMC-12

Hot Holidays Car Pack
2010 Ferrari 458 Italia

Stig Garage Pack
2010 Lexus LF-A
No you can buy all of those. The import thing is only if you want them for free.

Some of those are gift cars too iirc

Top Bottom