• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

The_Monk said:
Shortt Sirket you got my PM yesterday? I have not logged in Forza 4 today.

Please let me know something about it ;)

I sent you an invite last night, so you should be good to go.

SarBear said:
Probably Road America.

I'm saying this as I still use Automatic gears. -__-

I actually really love that track. It has such great flow and is a blast A/S cars. I have been using manual a lot more and enjoying it. I still doubt I will ever be good enough to add clutch.

I have been disappointed that most of the good engine swaps are gone. one of my staples from FM3 was a 355 Challenge with the 3.6 litre motor from the 360 Modena in A class. No longer an option. Also taking the Japanese Legacy B4 2.0 and converting it to my IRL car, a Legacy 2.5GT. but the 2.5 Turbo is no longer an engine option for the Legacy.

a bit picky and personal gripe, but a little annoying.

frogg609

Well Target pushed back my Limited Edition until the end of November. Cancelled it. Guess I'll be picking up the regular edition. All the cars should eventually be up on the marketplace correct?

When the first gaf club spreadsheet went up I put myself on the wait list.

I looked at the roster today and it says I am in the club, but I am not in any club at the moment and have no gaf invite in my box.

Is there room for me to get an invite?

Fox Mulder

eek5 said:
Maybe. They're compiling the list right now to send out FM4 cars
You mean they'll send it to you in f4? I sent them an email but hadn't received the car by the time I jumped into forza 4 on day one. Them sending it as a forza 3 car is worthless at this point.

Audio is pretty good, some really excellent engine sounds. But I noticed when you're viewing the car from behind and you rotate the camera the sound moves from front left, centre and front right then goes to both rear speakers. It doesn't got to rear right to rear left then to front left. It's quite jarring to hear the sound jump from the front to both rear channels. It does work when you move the camera in cockpit view. Maybe it's due to the engine being in the middle of the car. Maybe a front engine car would be different?

Also, I've never liked the way cars just stop on a hill and don't roll down it, like they have some kind of auto handbrake.

Still, past lvl 50 now. Hmmm guess I'll try out Rivals.

DasRaven

frogg609 said:
Well Target pushed back my Limited Edition until the end of November. Cancelled it. Guess I'll be picking up the regular edition. All the cars should eventually be up on the marketplace correct?

Check some of the big box stores (WalMart, BestBuy). There were still some LCEs available at my local stores.
If that doesn't work, yes the LCE DLC content should eventually hit the marketplace, but it may be Q1'12 before that happens.

eek5

bkfount said:
You mean they'll send it to you in f4? I sent them an email but hadn't received the car by the time I jumped into forza 4 on day one. Them sending it as a forza 3 car is worthless at this point.
Yes. They're sending the spirit-r again as well as a couple other cars.

Mascot

Currently on hold with GAME customer services, waiting to ask them where the fuck my pre-order Subaru code is.

Who was it who wanted to trade for a 1M code? I think it was Ox Nagge. If the trade is still on, please let me know.

Thanks.

Edit: Got the code now.

The_Monk

Anyone that gor the LCE still thinking on getting Season Pass? So far I'm still getting the majority of cars on each level that I proceed, plus those extras in the LCE are really good.

I would love to know what type of cars will they be adding before I put my points in the Season Pass.

BTW the DLC's are going to come out only in November right? Except the american muscle car pack but I already own those from the LCE.

eek5

SarBear said:
Oh....do elaborate.

Those of you waiting for your cars, they are coming as soon as I get the full list imported into FM4. That may happen over the weekend. You will be receiving three cars, some of who picked up the Spirit R in FM3 will get a second Spirit R. I will update this thread once I have sent out the first gifts. Thanks.

that's all i know

Diablohead said:
i'm more interested in when us VIP members get something unique, a nice tuned B class car would be sweet.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the free VIP cars in F3. It was nice to get a new tuned and liveried car to play with, and even some of the rarer cars were nice to get.

AlanzTalon said:
I have been disappointed that most of the good engine swaps are gone.

I'm sad that the Chevy LS7.R and Ford 5.0L Cammer V8 engines are no longer available.

Shortt Sirket said:
I actually really love that track. It has such great flow and is a blast A/S cars. I have been using manual a lot more and enjoying it. I still doubt I will ever be good enough to add clutch.

It's pretty easy to get the hang of it. Play around with button placement.

Does anyone have any experience with the RennSport Wheel stand? I recently picked up the CSR wheel and a pair of ClubSport pedals but my home made stand is not sufficient for them. My main concern is comfort and wobble from the movement. Can anyone offer any insight?

It's supposed to be really sturdy, looking at getting one too.

At the moment I'm using a table infront of my sofa but my neck and back are killing me hunched over like this.

sneaky77

SLIM v3n0m said:
Does anyone have any experience with the RennSport Wheel stand? I recently picked up the CSR wheel and a pair of ClubSport pedals but my home made stand is not sufficient for them. My main concern is comfort and wobble from the movement. Can anyone offer any insight?

is awesome, I picked one up with my csr wheel and the elite csr pedals and is very sturdy I am impressed, it wasnt too hard to setup either. I have a pic I think or I can take one later if you need it

SLIM v3n0m said:
I have it and for the life of me can't get rid of the slightest of wobbles. Its nit that noticeable and most dont have this issue. I dont think I have it screwed in tight enough at the base but I have turned it as much as I can. Even with my issue its defiantly worth it.

eso76

SLIM v3n0m said:

just bought one three weeks ago. Sturdy and very heavy, for some reason though, mine seem to loosen a bit after several minutes of playing rough and i have to tighten the base again every once in a while.

sneaky77 said:
is awesome, I picked one up with my csr wheel and the elite csr pedals and is very sturdy I am impressed, it wasnt too hard to setup either. I have a pic I think or I can take one later if you need it

Awesome! A pic would be welcomed... Can I assume that the screw holes for mounting were pre drilled?

amar212

FINALLY got my copy, DHL messed it up 3x in a row. Out of words. will install in matter of hours.

Is that crazy, shameful and supernatural "No-credits for you Fanatec users who play with 900 degrees" bug solved?

harrytang

Any chance of still getting into Gaf Club? My name was on the google doc, but never sure what happened during the selection process. Need some serious rivals action. Level 23 ready to go.

sneaky77

amar212 said:
FINALLY got my copy, DHL messed it up 3x in a row. Out of words. will install in matter of hours.

Is that crazy, shameful and supernatural "No-credits for you Fanatec users who play with 900 degrees" bug solved?

Some people have it, some people don't. So if you don't get it using 900 degrees setting, consider yourself lucky lol

SLIM v3n0m said:
Awesome! A pic would be welcomed... Can I assume that the screw holes for mounting were pre drilled?

Everything was predrilled, all tools needed are in the box with the stand is not very complicated and I am terrible at building Ikea furniture.

cbox

Does anyone else love racing on Infineon? I think it's my new fav track.

Indy and silverstone are my two most disliked tracks, I needs me some elevation.

sneaky77

ConvenientBox said:

Indy and silverstone are my two most disliked tracks, I needs me some elevation.

Infineon is great really challenging.

Indy GP is pretty boring.

I have never quite enjoyed silverstone all that much

The_Monk

Shortt Sirket said:
Hmm, I thought I sent it. I work until 6pm EST, but I will check then and let you know.

Thanks, I played yesterday until midnight (different time zones here) so I only logged in today and no messages.

Let me know after you check it then, thanks.

skyfinch

Anyone notice the 20 blacked out boxes in the event listing? There's a reason they're there, otherwise they wouldn't have included them, or at the very least, not allow you to move your cursor over them. I'm guessing DLC events or possibly new DLC track integration.

Edit, has it been confirmed that seanspeed uses the Nitro booster power up?

ConvenientBox said:

Yep, Infineon is my favorite track in the game as well as it provides an excellent challenge for just about any car in any class. The uphill sequence of corners from turns 1 to 3 and 3a is tricky to get right, but of course that much more satisfying when you do.

I need to see to getting the top spot on the LFA challenge back from Big Takeover. My previous triumph over him was short-lived, but oh so sweet.

I'm going to quit the club for now. I just got Arkham City today and will probably bounce back and forth between Forza and Batman. You can either kick me or I will quit sometime today.

eso76 said:
just bought one three weeks ago. Sturdy and very heavy, for some reason though, mine seem to loosen a bit after several minutes of playing rough and i have to tighten the base again every once in a while.

I have this same problem, but it doesn't happen often. I basically just need to give it a good turn every time before playing and it's good to go.

skyfinch said:
Anyone notice the 20 blacked out boxes in the event listing? There's a reason they're there, otherwise they wouldn't have included them, or at the very least, not allow you to move your cursor over them. I'm guessing DLC events or possibly new DLC track integration.

It's probably for DLC of some sort. The RUF 12 added a Rivals event to the list.

Mr.Green

I am not amused. Just when I finally beat my rival on The Original Boss challenge - The very second I cross the finish line and wanna cry with joy - the fucking Forza servers go down again!

Maybe, just maybe it had time to register my time before crapping out eh?

Oh well, I'll do it again but man Turn 10 and MS, get your shit together god damnit. We kinda need those servers once in a while you know. And while at it, why don't you fix the god damn half-assed Fanatec wheel support.

/first world problems etc...

Top Bottom