• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Randum

Neo Member
Loving this game a ton- anyone have details on the new mad katz wheel and how it will compare to the Logitech line available on the ps3?

Right now, after using the Logitech GT wheel for GT5 - I cannot use the MS Wheel anymore - the feedback is so low - I keep going back to the controller?

Whats everyone using as a controller?

kazinova said:
There's a better way.

Hold the guide button.

Select turn off controller.

Power on other controller.

Play.

This wasn't working with the Fanatec wheel, unless I'm not giving it time or something. But when I booted up the controller after turning off the wheel it would show second player which couldn't control the menus.

skyfinch

Wow, that sucks. I managed a 1 minute lap around the Top Gear track in the Kia. Unfortunately with the servers down, it didn't record my time.....

flyinpiranha said:
This wasn't working with the Fanatec wheel, unless I'm not giving it time or something. But when I booted up the controller after turning off the wheel it would show second player which couldn't control the menus.

I just do this...
When switching from wheel to controller: Press power button to turn off wheel. Press Xbox button on controller to turn on controller.
When switching from controller to wheel: Detach battery pack from controller (takes a second). Then turn on the wheel like you would normally.

Works every time.

flashburn2012 said:
I just do this...
When switching from wheel to controller: Press power button to turn off wheel. Press Xbox button on controller to turn on controller.
When switching from controller to wheel: Detach battery pack from controller (takes a second). Then turn on the wheel like you would normally.

Works every time.

Sweet, I'll give this a shot. I always think "damn, that would make a sweet shot!" and when the race is over don't feel like powering shit down just to get that one photo.

This sounds like it will work perfectly. A hassle and it sucks, but better than nothing for sure.

BADNED

The_Monk said:
Anyone that gor the LCE still thinking on getting Season Pass? So far I'm still getting the majority of cars on each level that I proceed, plus those extras in the LCE are really good.

I would love to know what type of cars will they be adding before I put my points in the Season Pass.

BTW the DLC's are going to come out only in November right? Except the american muscle car pack but I already own those from the LCE.
From the last half a century you will get classics, youngtimers, legends, but also the latest and greatest from all categories including some racecars.

And yes the first of many packs to follow is coming this November. Every month a new one and maybe something inbetween.

sneaky77

flyinpiranha said:

just power the wheel off, the controller wont disconnect unless power is shut off for some reason. So I just click off the power to the wheel and then turn on controller.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
BADNED said:
From the last half a century you will get classics, youngtimers, legends, but also the latest and greatest from all categories including some racecars.

And yes the first of many packs to follow is coming this November.

BODY IS READY.

guest1321

BADNED said:

And yes the first of many packs to follow is coming this November. Every month a new one and maybe something inbetween.
An Audi R18 would be really
reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally
cool

guest1321 said:
An Audi R18 would be really
reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally
cool

Indeed it would be.

I wonder if we can get the new 908 sans livery like the Z4 GT3.

Snubbers said:
That's only for imperial units (BHP / ft-lbs) isn't it? the cross over point is obviously different depending on the units used IIRC*

*Awaits correction.. :)

Correction: whp, not bhp. Bhp is measured at the crank, and doing dynographs based on the crank numbers isn't easy nor accurate. It works for all dynographs using whp.

Enron

Banned
Randum said:
Loving this game a ton- anyone have details on the new mad katz wheel and how it will compare to the Logitech line available on the ps3?

Right now, after using the Logitech GT wheel for GT5 - I cannot use the MS Wheel anymore - the feedback is so low - I keep going back to the controller?

Whats everyone using as a controller?

I see fanatec in your future

skyfinch

Scotch said:
Hopefully the servers crapping out constantly is a sign of the game selling way better than expected.

This doesn't accurately represent the sales amount but the last time I checked, leaderboards for circuits were at 540,000. Not sure if that's as good as FM3 in the same time frame.

The_Monk

BADNED said:

Thanks for answering. ;)

I'm going to see if there's more news and if not I'll see what november can bring regarding DLC I just don't like to spend 2400 points and going blind even if the bonus is something I already have (the american muscle pack).

I wished they could give another starting pack that was not the same included in the LCE. =/

ShapeGSX

SLIM v3n0m said:
Awesome! A pic would be welcomed... Can I assume that the screw holes for mounting were pre drilled?

The Rennsport wheelstand from Fanatec is great. Everything is pre-drilled.

Here is mine.

5374776670_c0dac78b7e.jpg

5374176099_1ea272d98f.jpg

5374175453_65bf8e71d1.jpg

I made my own pedal stop, but I think the new wheelstands come with one.

hwalker84

ShapeGSX said:
The Rennsport wheelstand from Fanatec is great. Everything is pre-drilled.

Here is mine.

5374776670_c0dac78b7e.jpg

5374176099_1ea272d98f.jpg

5374175453_65bf8e71d1.jpg

I made my own pedal stop, but I think the new wheelstands come with one.
What tools did you use to make your own? I need to make one for mine badly.

pmj

flashburn2012 said:
I just do this...

Works every time.
I wish. When I power off my wheel and hold down the guide button on the controller, it becomes controller number two, so I can't control the game with it. Yanked the battery pack and held the guide button multiple times but it always becomes controller two. Good thing I'm not into photos, painting or autovista.

About the rennsport stand, how will it work with the clubsport shifter? That's the only thing preventing me from getting one.

ShapeGSX

hwalker84 said:
What tools did you use to make your own? I need to make one for mine badly.

A drill and a saw (I used my dremel). I just went to the local hardware store and found the parts. A small piece of strap iron for the bottom, a piece of right angle aluminum for the top, two bolts and two plastic threaded caps to tighten it down.

You can see it in the last photo I posted above.

Izayoi

Banned
Well, jumping into a full Fujimi Kaido run with an R2 may not have been the best idea for my first race with a manual transmission.

Trial by fire, I guess.

Shaneus

Izayoi said:
Well, jumping into a full Fujimi Kaido run with an R2 may not have been the best idea for my first race with a manual transmission.

Trial by fire, I guess.
Try the 'Ring hotlap with the Radical SR8. Most stressful drive ever... at least, the first 1:30 before I ran off the road.

Seanspeed

Banned
Spaceman Spiff said:
He uses manual w/ clutch, so yes, hax.
I did a couple laps on the Reasonably Priced Car challenge and the Amalfi-throw-your-controller-in-the-lake-Rivals event with the clutch, but all my Hotlap event times were done without it.

Alright, off to jump in a Corvette C6R and do some laps at Road America!

sneaky77

pmj said:
I wish. When I power off my wheel and hold down the guide button on the controller, it becomes controller number two, so I can't control the game with it. Yanked the battery pack and held the guide button multiple times but it always becomes controller two. Good thing I'm not into photos, painting or autovista.

About the rennsport stand, how will it work with the clubsport shifter? That's the only thing preventing me from getting one.

really? even hitting the power button so it says please reconnect controller? If you do it wrong the first time an the wheel is sitll powered on then yeah it will be player 2 until you reboot the xbox.

DasRaven

An early sign of DLC integration in career?

I just hit Level 10 and I was offered both the Mini Clubman & Alfa Quadrifoglio Verde as options in addition to the normal MS3, RCZ, and Scirocco.

pmj

sneaky77 said:
really? even hitting the power button so it says please reconnect controller? If you do it wrong the first time an the wheel is sitll powered on then yeah it will be player 2 until you reboot the xbox.
I suppose I must have done it wrong, because it works fine now. I didn't know that if a controller has been selected for player 2, it'll be player 2 until you reboot.

derFeef

I know you guys are gonna laugh at me, but the AI in this game is giving me hard time and I am not sure I enjoy the world tour :(

They are either just too good for me or they just smash me off the track and I have to restart (playing on expert). Maybe it's the combination of switching to wheel and manual shift plus the game getting harder, but I am already a bit frustrated.

cory021

Neo Member
derFeef said:
I know you guys are gonna laugh at me, but the AI in this game is giving me hard time and I am not sure I enjoy the world tour :(

They are either just too good for me or they just smash me off the track and I have to restart (playing on expert). Maybe it's the combination of switching to wheel and manual shift plus the game getting harder, but I am already a bit frustrated.
I remember one particular race today where I kept rear-ending the AI because they kept on braking way too soon. When this happens, I just head over to multiplayer.

Izayoi

Banned
derFeef said:

Turn on Rewind, save yourself the frustration.

Top Bottom