• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

pmj

derFeef said:
I know you guys are gonna laugh at me, but the AI in this game is giving me hard time and I am not sure I enjoy the world tour :(

They are either just too good for me or they just smash me off the track and I have to restart (playing on expert). Maybe it's the combination of switching to wheel and manual shift plus the game getting harder, but I am already a bit frustrated.
I'm having trouble too sometimes and it seems to vary a lot by which car you use. I sometimes smoke the AI, other times they smoke me. It doesn't help that if your car is only a bit too slow, the game doesn't offer to upgrade it for you.

Don't be surprised if you get to use a, say, 634 car and half the AI use upwards of 700 cars. Low top speed on a fast track and your PI doesn't mean a whole lot either.

Another 41 laps in the Lotus Elise Top Gear rivals thingy. I can't seem to break the 1:30 barrier, which is a thoroughly shitty time. I'm frustrated.

skyfinch

derFeef said:
I know you guys are gonna laugh at me, but the AI in this game is giving me hard time and I am not sure I enjoy the world tour :(

They are either just too good for me or they just smash me off the track and I have to restart (playing on expert). Maybe it's the combination of switching to wheel and manual shift plus the game getting harder, but I am already a bit frustrated.

If you're in the event listing, drop the difficulty down. You won't get as much CR for winning each race, but earning CR isn't as much of a problem any more. AI are assholes at times, but at least you can minimize this with the difficulty setting.

You can't change difficulty in world tour, so your best bet is to avoid any races in the "world-class" events. Save them until later, if possible. They're the most difficult.

Last resort is to pick the best car in the class you're racing.

skyfinch said:
You can't change difficulty in world tour, so your best bet is to avoid any races in the "world-class" events. Save them until later, if possible. They're the most difficult.

Yeah, your not wrong there. Was just doing one around Suzuka in an F430, Rossi was in the lead with another 430 and the arsehole just took off like a fucking rocket, he was like 4 seconds faster than everyone per lap.

ShapeGSX

Mr.Green said:
You can have one for $14.95 from Fanatec and save yourself a finger or three.

Thank me later.

Fanatec's shipping is outrageous. Like $20 for that thing. Mine cost more to make than Fanatec's cost. But I didn't have to pay shipping and I had it the same day I bought the materials.

Then again, I hand built the engine in my car, tuned it myself, welded up my own 3" exhaust, etc... This thing is small potatoes. :)

skyfinch

drugstore_cowboy said:
Yeah, your not wrong there. Was just doing one around Suzuka in an F430, Rossi was in the lead with another 430 and the arsehole just took off like a fucking rocket, he was like 4 seconds faster than everyone per lap.

Unfortunately I had to resort to bumper car tactics with that bastard a few times.

derFeef

Thanks for the tips guys :)
The older MS wheel is not bad, but I had to turn down the FF a bit because it is way too overdone - are there "optimal" settings out there for this wheel? I want to get the optimum out of it, no matter if I just learn to use it right. Manual shifting is so tough if you are used to automatic, especially when you are making mistakes and you totally forget to shift :p

Seanspeed

Banned
Arucardo said:
Got in the club now (thanks Shortt Sirket), any plans to do some online?
I'll be back on around 8(EST). I think many of the members are hooked on Rivals mode at the moment(I've gotten sucked into it, too), so there hasn't been as much actual racing. Gowans had rooms going every night when he was the prez but so far, it seems Diablohead is the only one trying to start up GAF rooms. A bit of a shame, but its still early days.

pmj

The FFB feels good to me, but that's on a Fanatec so maybe the FFB feels different. I didn't see any reason to tinker with the settings, except to get rid of all deadzones.

I'm trying to learn manual with clutch and the footwork can get rather complicated at times. This game really could have used a driving school. Not everyone has driven a car in real life.

Shaneus

skyfinch said:
Unfortunately I had to resort to bumper car tactics with that bastard a few times.
Wrong game ;)

BTW How has no-one at T10 registered an M. Rossi gamertag yet? Would be the ultimate troll.

skyfinch

Shaneus said:
Wrong game ;)

BTW How has no-one at T10 registered an M. Rossi gamertag yet? Would be the ultimate troll.

Fatboy_reacts.gif

JetBlackPanda said:
I uploaded a picture last night and its nowhere to be found on FM.net is it just slow to upload?
A few of mine have taken around an hour to appear on the site. Some almost instantly.

Who would have thought a "game" would push me to learn more about something in real life.

I spent a good two hours last night playing with a 2005 Wrx, trying to improve my lap time on Mugello Club. I have really been trying to improve my circuit racing the past few nights. I only managed to improve my time just under 2 seconds but it was one of the best gaming moments I have had in quite some time.

Now I find myself researching/teaching myself more about the WRX and about what improves a car so when I go back to play with the car in Forza the tuning and upgrades actually make more sense. Auto Upgrade to A600 is kinda boring;)

AcridMeat

Banned
Had fun this weekend taking my 190E Cosworth and original M5 to S-Class. Then proceeding to flip the M5, tried to upload a picture of that but it failed.

Seanspeed

Banned
Stephen_drewz said:
A few of mine have taken around an hour to appear on the site. Some almost instantly.

Who would have thought a "game" would push me to learn more about something in real life.

I spent a good two hours last night playing with a 2005 Wrx, trying to improve my lap time on Mugello Club. I have really been trying to improve my circuit racing the past few nights. I only managed to improve my time just under 2 seconds but it was one of the best gaming moments I have had in quite some time.

Now I find myself researching/teaching myself more about the WRX and about what improves a car so when I go back to play with the car in Forza the tuning and upgrades actually make more sense. Auto Upgrade to A600 is kinda boring;)
To be honest, what makes a car great in real-life isn't gonna necessarily translate to what makes a car great in Forza. Its not that realistic.

You've really just gotta experiment and see what certain upgrades do for you. For instance, in previous Forza's, I've found myself putting the Race Aero kits on most of my cars if I want them to handle really good. But in Forza 4, it seems that fitting Race Tires do the trick without seriously limiting my top speeds as much. I'm still in the early stages of experimentation myself, but its a large part of the fun for me. Lots of stuff to discover and not every car will react the same way to the same upgrade.

Shaneus

skyfinch said:
Oh....I thought you were talking about Daytona USA.
Of course you did. Ahem.

AcridMeat said:
Had fun this weekend taking my 190E Cosworth and original M5 to S-Class. Then proceeding to flip the M5, tried to upload a picture of that but it failed.
Oh shit, you have this? I'll have to add you on XBL (if I haven't already from F1 2010/2011).

witness

The engine/exhaust notes in this game are so good, I really like how cars also get louder when you change the exhaust. It really is one of the best parts of the game and makes the experience overall so much more enjoyable and authentic.

I haven't turbo'd/supercharged any cars yet, but does the sound change when you add one?

witness said:
The engine/exhaust notes in this game are so good, I really like how cars also get louder when you change the exhaust. It really is one of the best parts of the game and makes the experience overall so much more enjoyable and authentic.

I haven't turbo'd/supercharged any cars yet, but does the sound change when you add one?

It does, and if you haven't tried it yet, go drive a S700 Corvette ZR1, that's what the end of the world sounds like.

Branson

I feel dumb. How do I connect a 360 controller to check out autovista to player one after my fanatec wheel has already been connected?

Branson said:
I feel dumb. How do I connect a 360 controller to check out autovista to player one after my fanatec wheel has already been connected?

Unplug your wheel (power chord), and THEN connect the controller when it says "reconnect controller".

Branson

DivineRage002 said:
Unplug your wheel (power chord), and THEN connect the controller when it says "reconnect controller".
It's the GT2 so it's wireless. So unplug it from the wall while it's on?

Edit. Got it thanks!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
nice! just got 3 gift cars from T10!

the RX spirit 7, a FM4 458, and a FM4 joss JT1

op_ivy

DivineRage002 said:
VIP?

Edit: Pics?

here, i'll share it in the garage... oh wait

kidding!

i'll post pics latter if someone hasnt beaten me to it. and no, not VIP. oddly.

jedimike

op_ivy said:
nice! just got 3 gift cars from T10!

the RX spirit 7, a FM4 458, and a FM4 joss JT1

So they finally got them out. I have to go log-in now to see if I got them too. They were slated to get released this past weekend but they held off until they could stabilize the servers.

op_ivy

jedimike said:
So they finally got them out. I have to go log-in now to see if I got them too. They were slated to get released this past weekend but they held off until they could stabilize the servers.

what was the criteria to get them?

Top Bottom