• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Shaneus

jedimike said:
It's a Forzamotorsport.net preorder incentive.
There was only ever a mention of the Spirit RX7. There were other unannounced bonuses too? Does that mean there are two RX7s, one that was imported from the FM3 gift and another as a specific one for FM4? Woo!

Where do we check gifts? I need to see if my Top Secret Silvia from the game with dev over the weekend is in (hi Jube!).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
skyfinch said:
Mine says it needs to download an update.

lol

Shaneus said:
There was only ever a mention of the Spirit RX7. There were other unannounced bonuses too? Does that mean there are two RX7s, one that was imported from the FM3 gift and another as a specific one for FM4? Woo!

Where do we check gifts? I need to see if my Top Secret Silvia from the game with dev over the weekend is in (hi Jube!).

its the same rx7. now i have 2. shame i cant gift it :(

check them in your messages

Jube3

Shaneus said:

Yep those were sent out, took a bit (lots of names) but they should be in your inbox.

Sorry to those who sent me invites tonight. I was winding down in the menus before turning in for the night.

Might have to hop back on for a bit to check out the gift cars, though.

sneaky77 said:
Doesn't it have a power button in the base like the CSR wheel?

The Turbo S wheel also have power button at the base. I am sure GT2 has them too since they share the same base.

I also need to make pedal stop for my stand and tinker with gas pedal to make it stiffer.

I got around to hook up Kinect so it can see my face and head tracking work really well. I am surprise how well it work.

op_ivy

anyone else having issues with racing indy due to a combination of it being so flat, lacking trackside objects as markers, and the jaggy shimmering on the horizon? i cant see half the god damn turns until its too late :(

op_ivy said:
anyone else having issues with racing indy due to a combination of it being so flat, lacking trackside objects as markers, and the jaggy shimmering on the horizon? i cant see half the god damn turns until its too late :(

It's the only track where I have to turn on the brake-only line so I can see where the fuck I'm supposed to go.

op_ivy

Spaceman Spiff said:
It's the only track where I have to turn on the brake-only line so I can see where the fuck I'm supposed to go.

its terribad. needs more cones or something.

BoobPhysics101 said:
Dude, I didn't get any cars! Forum raaaage

guess your kinect is still searching...

skyfinch

op_ivy said:

Surprisingly no. Thought I would considering how flat the track is. I have problems with Hockenhiem and Silverstone, though. Hate both of those tracks, as well as Motegi.

sneaky77

I apologize in advance to those I am racing with, I don't have a mic with the wheel. Also thanks for taking me out in the first turn of indy assholes lol.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I hate most of the real world tracks.

Although I haven't played the new ones, since I STILL don't have the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BoobPhysics101 said:
Dude, I didn't get any cars! Forum raaaage
No love for VIPs?

NO LOVE?!

I wish I had more time for the game, getting home from a 13 hour day from school to play 30 mins of Forza is just the biggest fucking cocktease. And I still lurk the thread to remind myself how fun it is x_x

jedimike

Shaneus said:

Odd... My Spirit RX7 never imported from Forza3. Also I just logged into Forza4 and no gift cars waiting :(

Jube - Did all of the gifts go out today?

Shaneus

Jube3 said:
Yep those were sent out, took a bit (lots of names) but they should be in your inbox.
Thankya! Admittedly, I tend to avoid the message center as it's full of notifications that someone's beaten my time in Rivals
lol.gif
Awesome work managing that whole event, BTW. Looks like there were a lot of people and the server being overloaded wouldn't have made it any easier. Bravo.

So, to clarify... those other two cars were preorder bonuses?

Also, when are those who bought the LCE and season pack getting their cash bonus? Not that it matters... I already have 2.5mil just from Rivals mode
grin.gif
IIRC it was only 250,000, which seems a bit pissy now compared to a full car pack.

guest1321

So I'm pretty sure you can force AI to draft off you. I managed to get two of them lined up perfectly on Le Mans and both went crashing into the tires at the first chicane. Pretty funny sight to see in the rearview mirror and then sliding off to the side of you.

op_ivy

guest1321 said:
So I'm pretty sure you can force AI to draft off you. I managed to get two of them lined up perfectly on Le Mans and both went crashing into the tires at the first chicane. Pretty funny sight to see in the rearview mirror and then sliding off to the side of you.

haha, please tell me you saved the replay!

Hmm, I got the Spirit R as the PreOrder bonus in Forza 3 but don't have any of the new cars. I wonder if it's something they are gradually rolling out to people.

op_ivy

guest1321 said:
AHHHH! I didn't even think to. I'll get it to happen the next time I'm on le sarthe and track and rack up a bigger trail.

please do. i'm making a retarded ai montage

purg3

slept with Malkin
just checked mine, no gift car yet. I submitted my preorder pic and got a confirmation message in FM3 before 4 came out.

sneaky77

Wonko_C said:
I second this. I finally found the club tonight and it's now invite only. :(

is been invite only, but if you send a request to join and pm me your tags I'll check it out since I am online right now

guest1321

Just started season 9. Not sure if I should just go for it or if I should hold off and do some events out of the event list. I don't want to be guided by world tour but at the same time I like the feeling of completion.

enzo_gt said:
No love for VIPs?

NO LOVE?!

I wish I had more time for the game, getting home from a 13 hour day from school to play 30 mins of Forza is just the biggest fucking cocktease. And I still lurk the thread to remind myself how fun it is x_x

No love, sir. I'm VIP but I might as well be a regular scrub since Turn 10 don't give a fuck 'bout my extra $20 I paid. TWENNY DOLLA!

Giard

I also didn't get the pre-order cars. :(
I even sent two e-mails just to be sure I would get them.

I'm loving the Mitsubishi Starion for its handling. Would anyone suggest something that compares in higher classes?

h3ro

Level 35 - Boutique Supercar

2010 Spada Vetture Sport Codatronca TS - 400,000

2010 Rossion Q1 - 120,000

2010 Wiesmann GT MF5 - 220,000

2010 Devon GTX - 300,000

2010 Bertone Mantide - 1,000,000

Quick GAF, which do I pick?!

Also, I got no VIP gift cars. :/ Feels bad man.

h3ro said:

2010 Devon GTX - 300,000

If you can't decide, always just go with the most expensive. So that way, if you dont like it you can always buy the other for cheaper.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
h3ro said:

2010 Devon GTX - 300,000

35 is a hard one, don't know what I'm even gonna go for, probably the Spada or Bertone.

I didn't get any cars either. Sadface.

regs

in the club garage, does anyone else have cars showing up as black squares? I shared a Ferrari FXX and it shows up as a black square, and if I look all the way to the end of the list there are a few more from other people.

eek5

AlmostMilk said:
If you can't decide, always just go with the most expensive. So that way, if you dont like it you can always buy the other for cheaper.
Bertone lowest buyout right now is 100k. Go for the Spada!

eek5

regs said:
in the club garage, does anyone else have cars showing up as black squares? I shared a Ferrari FXX and it shows up as a black square, and if I look all the way to the end of the list there are a few more from other people.
I see the black boxes too. Weird.

Top Bottom