• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
What exactly is the difference between CSR and CSR Elite wheel? From what I can tell, Elite has an extra force feedback motor and better fit & finish. Surely not worth double the price except for the most hardcore?

Also, any suggestions between Clubsport pedals vs. CSR elite pedals? Again, the only difference seems to be that Clubsport has ABS Brake vibration and Contactless HP sensors. This is my first wheel so I'm not sure how critical those features are.

Aruarian Reflection said:
What exactly is the difference between CSR and CSR Elite wheel? From what I can tell, Elite has an extra force feedback motor and better fit & finish. Surely not worth double the price except for the most hardcore?

Also, any suggestions between Clubsport pedals vs. CSR elite pedals? Again, the only difference seems to be that Clubsport has ABS Brake vibration and Contactless HP sensors. This is my first wheel so I'm not sure how critical those features are.
The SRT guys cover all of that in their FM4 Wheel Buyers Guide.

saladine1 said:
So anyone care to list some of their favourite cars and why?

288 GTO. It's a bit loose and lively, but I don't care because it sounds so ferocious.

'65 Mustang. Made a stripped out C-class race car. Feels very good to drive.

Z06. My favourite Corvette of all time; a regular production homologation special for the GT1 C6.R. It's much harder to drive in FM4, driving it now feels like watching on-board videos on YouTube. Really rewards finesse. I'll probably end up with two of these, A S700 one with a wing and livery, and an A600 'street car'. Why is there no Z07/"Carbon" body kit!?!

Mosler. Take above car's engine and stick it in a street-legal LMP body. It looks more parts-bin-y than a Gumpert, but is still more attractive.

Really pleasantly surprised by the Diablo GTR. Very, very planted.

Mr.Green

Aruarian Reflection said:

Can't do it for you at work but youtube "fanatec forza" or something*. There's a good run-down of every wheel you can play with.

Also, earlier in the thread, someone quoted Thomas (Fanatec rep) saying that we should wait for the CSR Elite. Apparently it's night and day... Don't know if it's PR BS or not but personally, I'll be waiting. I have the CSR Elite pedals on order.

*Edit: You see, someone nice did it!

ShapeGSX

evil_as_skeletor said:
There is a huge difference between turboed and supercharged motors this time 'round.
Definitely love that lift off overrun and the feeling of torque at the right times.

Agreed. They nailed the turbo lag on a 4 banger.

I made an Evo that is an absolute blast to 4-wheel drift around corners, but the lag is actually pretty bad. So much fun, though.

Mascot

Arucardo said:
I'd love to get the pre-order Impreza too, but I don't think I'll pay extra/jump through hoops to get it. Really liked the car in the demo.

My Scooby code is up for trade. I'm after a 1M.

state_vector_collapse said:
This is aimed at Xanadu. I'd like to get my hands on that GT livery you created. Is it restricted to people who are in the Gaf car club, or can we all get access to it? I've searched for it on the storefont with no success. There are others on there, but nowhere near as classy or well done. Ta!

I found it after a quick search but didn't end up picking it up. I think the gamertag to search is DethThrasher or something similar.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Mr.Green said:
Can't do it for you at work but youtube "fanatec forza" or something*. There's a good run-down of every wheel you can play with.

Also, earlier in the thread, someone quoted Thomas (Fanatec rep) saying that we should wait for the CSR Elite. Apparently it's night and day... Don't know if it's PR BS or not but personally, I'll be waiting. I have the CSR Elite pedals on order.

Hrm... ok, I can hold on for a few weeks

AShep said:
Does anyone else using a controller have trouble holding a line through a corner without constantly tapping the stick rather than finding a position and holding it?

I don't know if it's a twitchy thumb or overly-sensitive controls (haven't touched any settings) but it sucks always having to sort of jerk my way through corners.

I was in the same position as you (as happens for most racing games using a controller).

On a whim I bought some of these:

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/Sports/KontrolFreek-Speed-Freek.asp

They have actually helped with the jerkiness, I can see the difference when I watch my replays and also when playing. The experience is much smoother.

I am still on the fence on spending the loot for the Fanatec setup, but for now these seem to help and are cheap!

Yoritomo

supersaw said:
I feel your pain especially in regards to the hidden assists and wheel problems, given that the new Fanatec wheels were paraded around since E3 I was hoping for flawless integration this is obviously not the case. There are a few hacks/fixes to get a better feel and proper 900 degrees out of your wheel.

900 Degrees of Rotation Fix:
To perform this fix you will need to have a 250 or 270 degree template stored in your GT2. Whilst in game power cycle the wheel and set it to the high sensitivity (250, 270 degree) template. Push the xbox button to connect the wheel to the xbox, once connected switch to your 900 degree template. Hopefully there is a patch coming to fix this natively.

General GT2 Improvements:
To counteract the weird rubbery feel of the force feedback in Forza I set Drift mode on the GT2 to 5. It makes it feel a bit more like iRacing and helps counteract the auto assits when they kick in as you can turn the wheel with a lot less effort.

I hope that turn 10 acknowledges that the auto assists are still there and patches them out of simulation mode.

Unfortunately the 900 degree steering fix just emulates 270 degree mode, which means it has speed sensitive steering :/

If they don't fix it before the next patch or another month I'll make another video and make it really long going into detail about all the different caveats and assists/ratio changes that happen within the game.

Fox Mulder

Giard said:
I also didn't get the pre-order cars. :(
I even sent two e-mails just to be sure I would get them.

I'm loving the Mitsubishi Starion for its handling. Would anyone suggest something that compares in higher classes?

no preorder cars for me either...

sneaky77

Mr.Green said:

is also double the price of the CSR wheel lol

bkfount said:
no preorder cars for me either...

me neither

I posted this in Forza Motorsport 4 official forums...

"Dear Turn 10. I can't install the game. I cleaned up the DVD's and the DVD drive (with Philips CD cleaner), and it's not installing.
I have an original XBOX360 premium console (20GB HDD), then i bought a 250GB HDD to install the games.

1st. - When I tried to install Forza Motorsport Disc 1, it reached approximately 33% the installation, and then the disc spins down... till 40% when the installation stalls and appears a message to clean the disc. I cleaned the disc but both discs have rigorously no scratches.

2nd. - When I tried to install Disc 2, it stalls the installation of the cars and autovista models...
Please, can someone tell me what's going on, or what can you do to help me?
Thank you very much.

Note: I tried multiple times both discs.
Note2: I ordered from GAME UK, but I live in Portugal..."

Can anyone help me?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Tiago Leite said:

"Dear Turn 10. I can't install the game. I cleaned up the DVD's and the DVD drive (with Philips CD cleaner), and it's not installing.
I have an original XBOX360 premium console (20GB HDD), then i bought a 250GB HDD to install the games.

1st. - When I tried to install Forza Motorsport Disc 1, it reached approximately 33% the installation, and then the disc spins down... till 40% when the installation stalls and appears a message to clean the disc. I cleaned the disc but both discs have rigorously no scratches.

2nd. - When I tried to install Disc 2, it stalls the installation of the cars and autovista models...
Thank you very much.

Can anyone help me?
Your old console doesn't like the new disc format.

Contact your local Xbox Support.

Tiago Leite said:

Thank you very much.

Can anyone help me?

It honestly sounds like your drive is going. I don't think its Forza's fault so much as your 360 starting to die.

KPunk

cjelly said:
Your old console doesn't like the new disc format.

Contact your local Xbox Support.

Sounds like this to me...your 360 probably didn't flash it's dvdrom drive firmware to support XGD3.

I got the Top Secret Toyota unicron from the Game with Dev night, but it won't let me share it with the GAF garage. It's weird because I can share the Forza 3 unicorns no problem.

SarBear

U n i o n 0015 said:
I got the Top Secret Toyota unicron from the Game with Dev night, but it won't let me share it with the GAF garage. It's weird because I can share the Forza 3 unicorns no problem.

Hey, just gift it to me, I'll figure it all out! =)

Tiago Leite said:

Thank you very much.

Can anyone help me?

Are you installing disc 2 through disc 1, not through the dashboard?

It sounds like your Xbox has a dying laser, I don't think the game will be faulty.

I think I hit level 32 last night. I can't remember, it was getting late. I have been suffering at work. Do you guys know that yesterday I was pretending to work in our storage closet at work, but I slept on the floor for 20 min...............and my GF has been complaining..........lol.

This game is killing me.

Mr.Green

Liquidsnake said:
I have been suffering at work. Do you guys know that yesterday I was pretending to work in our storage closet at work, but I slept on the floor for 20 min...............and my GF has been complaining..........lol.

buseyyayee8.gif

PumpkinPie said:
Are you installing disc 2 through disc 1, not through the dashboard?

It sounds like your Xbox has a dying laser, I don't think the game will be faulty.
Yes, I tried to install disc 2 after trying to see other models in autovista. It requested to remove disc 1 and insert disc 2.
I can play (and install) other games, but this one is giving me troubles. :(

Hajaz

Tiago Leite said:

Thank you very much.

Can anyone help me?

your drive is probably worn out..

skyfinch

Some of you people spend too much time on this game and need professional help.

Edit, I'm on level 76. Doctor's prescription? More Forza.

skyfinch said:
Some of you people spend too much time on this game and need professional help.

Edit, I'm on level 76. Doctor's prescription? More Forza.

Wow lol afraid to ask but do the level rewards ever stop?

skyfinch

Snkfanatic said:
Wow lol afraid to ask but do the level rewards ever stop?

Not at the moment. Still getting credits every time I level up. Thing is, it take longer to level up now. Seems like I was stuck at 71 for a while. Even more so with affinity levels. Constantly picking Ferrari as much as I can, but the level meter doesn't want to move.
Then again, haven't raced online for a couple days. I remember levelling up pretty quick when racing online.

Edit, gift cars stop at level 50.

Jezbollah

Hi all. My first post here after getting the game. Level 36 now. Having a blast. However I am very disappointed that the old Silverstone is in the game. The circuit has changed and has been in it's current layout for almost two years now. Its strange that I started to play this game and almost had to re-learn the track to some extent.

I dont think it looks good that both F1 2010 and 2011 have the "new" Silverstone in it and Forza 4 doesnt.

/pathetic little rant over....

Liquidsnake said:
I think I hit level 32 last night. I can't remember, it was getting late. I have been suffering at work. Do you guys know that yesterday I was pretending to work in our storage closet at work, but I slept on the floor for 20 min...............and my GF has been complaining..........lol.

This game is killing me.

When Forza 3 came out my girlfriend complained I played it to much.

A year later......
forever-alone-guy-painting-6308-1286169769-5.jpg

Since I'm waiting for a response from Microsoft, I will ask for something here...

Can anyone make a backup of the game (disc 1) and post it somewhere, where I could copy via USB pen to my xbox?
I'm not promoting piracy (because I will put the game that I payed in the DVD tray to be recognized), but since my dvd drive may be KO, i would appreciate any help.

PS: I don't know if I was fully understood.... :s

The_Monk

Tiago Leite said:
Since I'm waiting for a response from Microsoft, I will ask for something here...

Can anyone make a backup of the game (disc 1) and post it somewhere, where I could copy via USB pen to my xbox?
I'm not promoting piracy (because I will put the game that I payed in the DVD tray to be recognized), but since my dvd drive may be KO, i would appreciate any help.

And how would that work? I don't get it.

What's the model of your 360? Do you have other games with the new security feature such as Gears of War 3?

What they told in the support? Did you get any luck with the people on the phone or was it another not-so-portuguese in the call center that does not understand nothing about the 360?

G Rom

New Silverstone is shit so no big loss here...
Bridge corner >>>>> new section + new pit wing

Event list difficulty really is harder. It's weird when coming from world tour.
I've started playing Gears 3 so my time with Forza 4 has been slightly reduced. Need to get back into it ! :D

The_Monk said:
And how would that work? I don't get it.

What's the model of your 360? Do you have other games with the new security feature such as Gears of War 3?

What they told in the support? Did you get any luck with the people on the phone or was it another not-so-portuguese in the call center that does not understand nothing about the 360?

My model was the original xbox 360 premium 20GB. Gears 3 didn't gave me problems but this one stops when reaches 43%/44%.

Since there is an option to copy the game installs from xbox dashboard (My Xbox -> System Configuration -> Memory -> HDD -> Games -> Installed game -> copy), I would assume that was possible to copy games installed on HDD.

I didn't use the phone support because it's not available when I found this problem: "Está disponível assistência telefónica. Segunda a Sexta: 09:00-17:00". I sent them an email to the support team.

Mr.Green

Tiago Leite said:

This won't work. It needs to be able to read disk1 in the tray.

Top Bottom