• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

The_Monk

Tiago Leite said:
My model was the original xbox 360 premium 20GB. Gears 3 didn't gave me problems but this one stops when reaches 43%/44%.

Since there is an option to copy the game installs from xbox dashboard (My Xbox -> System Configuration -> Memory -> HDD -> Games -> Installed game -> copy), I would assume that was possible to copy games installed on HDD.

I didn't use the phone support because it's not available when I found this problem: "Está disponível assistência telefónica. Segunda a Sexta: 09:00-17:00". I sent them an email to the support team.

And are you sure that would work? Because I was guessing it would not be possible...

It may be a driver/lens problem and I'm assuming it's out of the warranty. You better try calling them tomorrow in the morning but I'm not very optimistic. They could repair it but it will cost you, plus you'll be without 360 for a good time. Don't you know someone else with Forza 4 so you could borrow the game disc?

Mascot

CrudeDiatribe said:
Really pleasantly surprised by the Diablo GTR. Very, very planted.

It's fantastic in stock form, isn't it? Very neutral, very progressive. I spent a little while today chasing your ghost on the Alps supercar rivals race, both of us in GTRs. Managed to pip you, then switched to the Evora endurance car for a slightly better time.

The R-class NSXes are always superb to drive as well.

Yoritomo

I think the disc has to be installed on the machine it will be used on.

I tried to do the same thing by copying/moving to my other machines and still had to install on all 3 individually.

The_Monk said:
And are you sure that would work? Because I was guessing it would not be possible...

It may be a driver/lens problem and I'm assuming it's out of the warranty. You better try calling them tomorrow in the morning but I'm not very optimistic. They could repair it but it will cost you, plus you'll be without 360 for a good time. Don't you know someone else with Forza 4 so you could borrow the game disc?

Unfortunately, I don't have anyone that can borrow me the first disc. And yes, it's way out of warranty (2006).
I will try to explain tomorrow morning my situation to the call service lady...
If it's going to repair i think it's about 70/85€ :(
Thank's for the help The_Monk.

The_Monk

Tiago Leite said:
Unfortunately, I don't have anyone that can borrow me the first disc. And yes, it's way out of warranty (2006).
I will try to explain tomorrow morning my situation to the call service lady...
If it's going to repair i think it's about 70/85€ :(
Thank's for the help The_Monk.

Anytime.

If it's going to be that expensive I don't think it's worth it IMO, even less for a 2006 model. I wish you good luck...!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Tiago Leite said:
Since I'm waiting for a response from Microsoft, I will ask for something here...

Can anyone make a backup of the game (disc 1) and post it somewhere, where I could copy via USB pen to my xbox?
I'm not promoting piracy (because I will put the game that I payed in the DVD tray to be recognized), but since my dvd drive may be KO, i would appreciate any help.

PS: I don't know if I was fully understood.... :s

I don't think thats even possible lol

P3tRan I almost got you bro, almost.

My fucking McLaren's ass slammed into a fucking Diablo GT slightly in the last turn, would have beat you by some milliseconds.

I'm still trying. lol..

Mascot

Belching exhaust flames and deployable spoilers sound like such insignificant little things, don't they..? But holy FUCK at how much they add to the authenticity, the immersion and the FUN. You can't beat it when you are right on the tail of someone at high speed in cockpit view, both furiously braking to make a sharp bend, and flames are shooting out of the sides of his car as his spoiler retracts or his air brake deploys.

Never fails to bring a smile to my face!

Any fence-sitters with the funds in place and the space to do it should buy a proper racing rig today. This game deserves it.

Marco1

Mascot said:
Belching exhaust flames and deployable spoilers sound like such insignificant little things, don't they..? But holy FUCK at how much they add to the authenticity, the immersion and the FUN. You can't beat it when you are right on the tail of someone at high speed in cockpit view, both furiously braking to make a sharp bend, and flames are shooting out of the sides of his car as his spoiler retracts or his air brake deploys.

Any fence-sitters with the funds in place and the space to do it should buy a proper racing rig today. This game deserves it.
I agree, that was my only complaint with F3 and now they've fixed it, I have nothing to complain about.

Anyone else get speaker crackling noises when playing this? It's espetially noticable and loud when I turn the in race music off and it only does it with this game.

So the bidding on my 2011 STI pre-order DLC code has gone up to $26.50... insane.

At this rate, it looks like my LCE for Forza 4 will have only cost me $50 thanks to selling this code.

p3tran

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
P3tRan I almost got you bro, almost.

My fucking McLaren's ass slammed into a fucking Diablo GT slightly in the last turn, would have beat you by some milliseconds.

I'm still trying. lol..
Im sure you'll get me on your next session :)

I've gone sandbox on the game, after I made some millions and established free upgrades from some manufacturers.
I am just trying out stuff, building cars and taking them for tests, watching telemetry in free lap sessions etc.
Then, after I am happy with the results, I go and complete one career race with my creation.

Always satisfying to see a mk3 pull from the giants lol
getphotor7o4.jpg

then, after the car is deemed worthy, I go paint it and store it. then repeat 8)
getphotoz7h3.jpg

porsche wheels for the 580hp vw 8)

now one thing I'd like to see added in forza, is the option/ability to populate the warehouse in homespace with more than one of your cars, lets say five. and give me free car placement and a walk around camera.
throw in some pop up window stats like in the autovista, and you got yourself a killer feature there.

Mascot

BoobPhysics101 said:
So the bidding on my 2011 STI pre-order DLC code has gone up to $26.50... insane.

At this rate, it looks like my LCE for Forza 4 will have only cost me $50 thanks to selling this code.

Holy crap. Are the codes region locked? I might put my Scooby one on eBay International. It'll make me feel better about paying £60 for a videogame :lol..!

DasRaven

Mascot said:
Holy crap. Are the codes region locked? I might put my Scooby one on eBay International. It'll make me feel better about paying £60 for a videogame :lol..!

No, I traded codes with people in the UK and Italy all worked fine.

p3tran

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
Which Carbon Fiber Vinyl group is that? It is one of the best ones I have seen.
I make it using a couple of patterns, its actually pretty light on the layer number, while looking not bad.
on the foto below you can see the seam of the tiles (front side/left side) under the center headlight.
getphotoluz2.jpg

not bad, eh?

p3tran said:
now one thing I'd like to see added in forza, is the option/ability to populate the warehouse in homespace with more than one of your cars, lets say five. and give me free car placement and a walk around camera.
throw in some pop up window stats like in the autovista, and you got yourself a killer feature there.
I saw someone mention they'd like to be able to race against a field of their own creations. I thought that was genius. I'm with you on the multi-car homespaces too.

Branson

Big Takeover said:
I saw someone mention they'd like to be able to race against a field of their own creations. I thought that was genius. I'm with you on the multi-car homespaces too.
Not only your own, but maybe take some for a respecting car off the storefront or auction house and populate the ai drivers with random designs from the community.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
p3tran said:
Im sure you'll get me on your next session :)

I've gone sandbox on the game, after I made some millions and established free upgrades from some manufacturers.
I am just trying out stuff, building cars and taking them for tests, watching telemetry in free lap sessions etc.
Then, after I am happy with the results, I go and complete one career race with my creation.

Always satisfying to see a mk3 pull from the giants lol

porsche wheels for the 580hp vw 8)

I fucking love this game, so much to do now. So much care to be given to a lot of cars that have huge potential it's mind blowing. I don't know what to do, so much shit can side track you lol.. I'm trying to make R3 800 race cars, only a handful fully tuned etc and then move to another category.

p3tran

Banned
Big Takeover said:
in this old console gen, maybe one-on-one so that there will be some cpu cycles left for a.i.
no point having a zombie full grid lol

Branson said:
Not only you're own, but maybe take some for a respecting car off the storefront or auction house and populate the ai drivers with random designs from the community.
Definitely. Why not not, right? Just auto-populate races with friends/club members/randoms. While we're at it, ditch M. Rossi and crew and use people's gamertags and AI profiles based on their driving styles. That would be amazing.

p3tran said:
in this old console gen, maybe one-on-one so that there will be some cpu cycles left for a.i.
I thought we already had zombie AI? ;-)

Arucardo

Maybe Forza 5 can have Autovista Garage where you can walk around a large garage filled with your car collection, kinda like PGR had (heh).

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
p3tran said:

I just beat your time but it says rivals shit is down! NO this shit better give me credit LOL FUCK...

If it did and shows the replay you'll laugh at the 2nd to last section (speed sec) I almost lost control of the car lol...

Man bro.. If I had your speed from the first half part of the Nurb GP track and a cleaner last section I would be at 2:00:00 probably I need to run that first half like you did and clean up the mess I made near the end. I admit though I had tcs on and manual trans, playing with a controller.

-edit I wasn't connected to live :| fuck I hope it recorded everything.

-edit it recorded it! yay #69 baby I win the leader board.

Wazzim

Banned
Man the RX-7 is a beast in this game with the Furai motor, pretty hard to drive though. I finally got hang of the design feature too, making your own decals and selling them on the store is awesome.

I asked last night but got no response.

controller people what setup do you use for manual shifting (no clutch) for now.

I am using 11 I believe where the shifting takes place on the Right stick (inverted) up shifts up and down shifts down.

Love it!

watership

Arucardo said:
Maybe Forza 5 can have Autovista Garage where you can walk around a large garage filled with your car collection, kinda like PGR had (heh).

THIS. Seriosuly. If it was huge with like 15+ cars.. GOD. I'd just die. I wouldn't even need Autovista levels of polygons.

Jezbollah

JetBlackPanda said:
I asked last night but got no response.

controller people what setup do you use for manual shifting (no clutch) for now.

I am using 11 I believe where the shifting takes place on the Right stick (inverted) up shifts up and down shifts down.

Love it!

I'm using the setting with RT=accelerate, LT=brake, A for upshift, X for downshift.

Works very well for me.

Lima

Autovista just needs one thing to be perfect. Me being able to step on the throttle once I fired up the engine of the car.

Fox Mulder

BoobPhysics101 said:

Damn, wish I hadn't redeemed mine. It's not even that great compared to previous year models.

The_Monk

Why can't I upload my Movies guys?

It keeps me asking if I want to overwrite and if I say yes he keps me asking and asking...

"You have already uploaded a movie or a big shot to forzamotorspot.net do you want to overwrite it?"

I click, yes yes yes and he keeps me asking this... =(

I only have 2 photos in my forzamotorsport.net.

Any ideas...? =/

Caddle

str8buzykltty here, good racing last night gaf. Sorry if I bumped a few people off the starting line, it's very hard controlling those race car with the wheel. I wish some of that assist would kick in when am playing, always fighting to keep the car going straight.

Shaneus

watership said:
THIS. Seriosuly. If it was huge with like 15+ cars.. GOD. I'd just die. I wouldn't even need Autovista levels of polygons.
It wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility to see that patched in at some point. Could run at 30fps, be restricted to, say, 10 cars and should be able to run at a solid framerate. Bam.

Wazzim said:
Man the RX-7 is a beast in this game with the Furai motor, pretty hard to drive though. I finally got hang of the design feature too, making your own decals and selling them on the store is awesome.

Have you tuned it at all?
I have a Furai motor in my FD's in the A/S/R classes and its pretty driveable and fun. Although I did spend a couple of hours just tuning the car to handle well with that insane throttle response.

The_Monk

The_Monk said:
Why can't I upload my Movies guys?

It keeps me asking if I want to overwrite and if I say yes he keps me asking and asking...

"You have already uploaded a movie or a big shot to forzamotorspot.net do you want to overwrite it?"

I click, yes yes yes and he keeps me asking this... =(

I only have 2 photos in my forzamotorsport.net.

Any ideas...? =/

Anyone? This is so strange...

ShapeGSX said:
Agreed. They nailed the turbo lag on a 4 banger.

I made an Evo that is an absolute blast to 4-wheel drift around corners, but the lag is actually pretty bad. So much fun, though.
You just have to make separate drag tunes; one with turbo, one with supercharger to notice how they differ.

Gone are they days of choosing whatever forced induction you want and just whacking it on whatever car.

Now you have to match forced induction with correct engine characteristics.

Both can be tuned to match each other overall but turbo lag and blower straight up boost are quite prevalent.

Might just be my experiences though.

I will have to try the Evo then.

p3tran

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
I just beat your time but it says rivals shit is down! NO this shit better give me credit LOL FUCK...

If it did and shows the replay you'll laugh at the 2nd to last section (speed sec) I almost lost control of the car lol...

Man bro.. If I had your speed from the first half part of the Nurb GP track and a cleaner last section I would be at 2:00:00 probably I need to run that first half like you did and clean up the mess I made near the end. I admit though I had tcs on and manual trans, playing with a controller.

-edit I wasn't connected to live :| fuck I hope it recorded everything.

-edit it recorded it! yay #69 baby I win the leader board.

congrats! I put for you my viper to the ga(f)rage. take it for a spin and see how you go with it. I just run a couple of laps, and although they where not clean because of traffic, I put your new ghost way behind me.
I think you also will trim at least one full second off your f1 time.
its the cyan viper ;)

Iknos

Mascot said:

Agree with everything except that last part. This game does not deserve a rig or a 900 degree wheel. There is no point.

Cant play much with the game freezing on me but the game is awesome until the game takes over your steering inputs. On 900 degree wheels it happens when you push the car to it's limits.

My advice to people is to not buy an expensive wheel for the game. I'm not trolling or being too critical. Just offering advice so people can save their hard earned money.

The game is a near masterpiece. There are tiny issues here and there but are nothing I can call flaws apart from broken steering. So it's a must buy if you like controller racing. It's that lack of steering support that is totally broken and so I advise not to get one unless you were going to also use it for PC and PS3.

Hawk269

I don't want to muck up this thread with talk about "another" racing game that is yet to be released, but my inner hatred towards E.A. is making me post this.

I just downloaded and played for the last hour or so the new Need for Speed "The Run" game demo for the 360. This is the game that is lauded to really take advantage of the "Porsche" license. Well, it saddens me to see "Porsche" associated with such a vile piece of crap that is "The Run". It does seem a little neat and way over the top arcade racer, with some interesting enviromental track stuff happening, but it runs poorly, frame rate is unstable and it is just a horrid use of the Porsche license.

It is kind of sad that E.A. is acting the way they are with the license..perhaps that is why they kept tight reigns on it because perhaps the "porsche" name is the only thing that will get people to look at the game. Sad use of the license!

Again, sorry to muck up the thread...It just bugs me that I was playing some Forza 3 before 4 came out and had so many races with the AI having Porsche cars and they are not in F4.

Shaneus

Hawk269 said:
I don't want to muck up this thread with talk about "another" racing game that is yet to be released, but my inner hatred towards E.A. is making me post this.

I just downloaded and played for the last hour or so the new Need for Speed "The Run" game demo for the 360. This is the game that is lauded to really take advantage of the "Porsche" license. Well, it saddens me to see "Porsche" associated with such a vile piece of crap that is "The Run". It does seem a little neat and way over the top arcade racer, with some interesting enviromental track stuff happening, but it runs poorly, frame rate is unstable and it is just a horrid use of the Porsche license.

It is kind of sad that E.A. is acting the way they are with the license..perhaps that is why they kept tight reigns on it because perhaps the "porsche" name is the only thing that will get people to look at the game. Sad use of the license!

Again, sorry to muck up the thread...It just bugs me that I was playing some Forza 3 before 4 came out and had so many races with the AI having Porsche cars and they are not in F4.
Solution: Buy RUF, add Porsche livery. Good enough ;)

jcutner

Hawk269 said:

not to mention, to be able to drive it in the demo, it forces you to spam people on your XBL list first.

game is so bad, just.. so bad.

Top Bottom