• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

sneaky77 said:
I think if you submit a cool design or a tuned car is cool. We can have the same car as long as is tuned for different specs like B, A, S whatever... I was planning on going thru it but I haven't had the time yet, work kicked my ass last week

I can't seem to find a way to remove a car from the club
Can't you decide if a car has been used enough times, by checking the races used and count that as votes to keep it in. Turf the others if they aren't being used/ voted for.

Perhaps keep feature cars eg painted by m0dus, tuned by P3tran etc as permanent placeholders - call them GAF creations.

Perhaps if a car has been tuned and not painted, maybe there needs to be a reason submitted as to why it's special. Not just willy nilly sharing cars for the sake of it...

ie keep if stated "best tune for F-class top gear challenge LB"...turf if "I like this car, it does skids and it has a star on it that makes it look good and that".

Unless you keep it one car per user regardless, and keep it up to individual users to manage, there may be exceptions to this for valid reasons.

Just my 2c.

Caddle

Good soccer match today gaf. Who the hell was driving the dodge ram? Turn 10 really did a good job with the damage, too bad you have to play soccer to experience most of it.

sneaky77

Caddle said:
Good soccer match today gaf. Who the hell was driving the dodge ram? Turn 10 really did a good job with the damage, too bad you have to play soccer to experience most of it.

lol that was me

Good games GAF, the Hummers were insanely overpowered in Soccer. Sorry I had to bail, I gotta go somewhere. Can't wait for more Soccer GAF, those fucking Australians are BRUTAL.

supersaw

Caddle said:
Turn 10 really did a good job with the damage, too bad you have to play soccer to experience most of it.

Have you tried World Tour? The short bus AI has no concept of race etiquette and will happily cause damage at every corner.

SarBear

God damn yes, those soccer matches were EPIC.

And racing with Modus, getting a lecture about racing etiquette while laughing at the crashes was priceless!

I love Forza GAF!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I want to get in on Soccer matches, I never know when you guys are racing :(

Fucking impossible to get into public soccer matches anyways *foaming at mouth*

Caddle

Talking about modus, I sent you a friend invite brother and you still haven't responded, gamertag str8buzykltty. You too p3tran, add me dammit.

jcutner

BoobPhysics101 said:
Good games GAF, the Hummers were insanely overpowered in Soccer. Sorry I had to bail, I gotta go somewhere. Can't wait for more Soccer GAF, those fucking Australians are BRUTAL.

haha agreed, that was awesome

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I finally have the game!
Install taking forever..

Edit.. So how does one get a club invite?

Grassy

BoobPhysics101 said:

Haha I don't know if we were brutal so much as lucky. It was far easier maneuvering the ball with the Elise's than those bloody Dodge pick-ups lol.

That was too funny today, cars getting flipped over and smashed around. Good times. Sorry for my profanity too, I swear a lot.

Grassy said:
Haha I don't know if we were brutal so much as lucky. It was far easier maneuvering the ball with the Elise's than those bloody Dodge pick-ups lol.

That was too funny today, cars getting flipped over and smashed around. Good times. Sorry for my profanity too, I swear a lot.

It's totally cool, I'm as foul-mouthed as a sailor sometimes. Plus, you're an Aussie, you really can't help it. I'm just glad we didn't hear you shoot the TV in anger. :p

XShagrath

I just realized that a LOT of the races in Season Play don't mark stuff off on the Event List. There are a ton of races I've done in Season Play that say they're part of a certain series, but when you go and look at that series on the event list, that track isn't one of the ones available. I'm close to wrapping up Season Play (about halfway through Year 8), but now I think I'm going to have to go and doublecheck every race before I pick to see if I can knock it off of the Event List as well. Kinda crappy.

DodgerSan

Quick question - aside from your Forza 3 save, can I assume that no other Forza 3 content carries over? Ie, it doesn't see your European Cars pack and then unlock those in Forza 4?

I'm looking to clear a bit of HDD space :)

Majanew

Banned
T10 needs to tone down the exposure of the skies. There's some nice looking skyboxes that are bloomed the F out with overexposure. Went into photomode and turned exposure down, but it makes the tracks and cars dark...so I combined the two images. :p They look even more washed out during a race and especially since I have to turn the brightness up a tad due to the contrast.

rixb7r.png

Majanew said:
T10 needs to tone down the exposure of the skies. There's some nice looking skyboxes that are bloomed the F out with overexposure. Went into photomode and turned exposure down, but it makes the tracks and cars dark...so I combined the two images. :p They look even more washed out during a race and especially since I have to turn the brightness up a tad due to the contrast.

rixb7r.png
That's astonishing, the improvement - much more lifelike.

I'm actually having difficulty taking realistic looking photos in this one.

Fm3 allowed me to take good shots, but I am finding that the brightness, contrast and exposure settings are all a bit the same and really there isn't much else to tweak.

It may be my tv settings, but I have tweaked the absolute crap out of it, going into service menus even to 'default' everything out - so I assume it to be good to go.

I've spent ages trying to take a shot I am happy with, and I just can't seem to find a happy medium.

Any tips? I know all tracks differ slightly, but I'm happy to take anything!

Yeah, and the one or two bright spots in the Nurburgring blinding your view of the turn are just pointless. They don't look great, and they're not really helpful. I don't mind they try these effects, but even if it looked awesome, there's no need for them to blind a turn, especially as we're dealing with a fixed time of day here. There are a few other spots where they do have nice sun effects, and I can certainly appreciate them there, but their rendering tech has both black and a white crush issues, and this just looks bad.

ShapeGSX

With so many cars in the game, and so many variables to handling and power, you can't really expect lap times to be spot on with their real life counterparts. But they do look like they came pretty close.

I suspect that the car that got the most attention in the entire game with regards to handling and power vs lap times is the Kia Cee'd. :)

eek5

Does anyone have any tips for the tight autocross sections? I'm trying to beat my rival and I am building like a 3-4 second lead on him but then I hit the tight sections and I lose all of it ;___; How do I go faster without blasting over all the cones? :lol

acm2000

ShapeGSX said:
With so many cars in the game, and so many variables to handling and power, you can't really expect lap times to be spot on with their real life counterparts. But they do look like they came pretty close.

I suspect that the car that got the most attention in the entire game with regards to handling and power vs lap times is the Kia Cee'd. :)

a) not the same person driving the game/show
b) should be able to go faster than the real life time due to lack of risk and external variables in a video game

ShapeGSX

acm2000 said:
a) not the same person driving the game/show
b) should be able to go faster than the real life time due to lack of risk and external variables in a video game

Definitely not the same person driving. :)

Majanew said:

rixb7r.png

This is exactly what would happen in real life if you shot directly into the sunlight. You can't expect the clouds and the much darker trackside detail to be equally exposed. Your combined picture looks like an HDR image which may look better but is not at all realistic.

Nitemare1

I found out last night much to my dismay that I can't buy a 2011 wrx sti because it was a amazon pre order car. :(.
Anyone know if they are going to make the preorder cars available to everyone at some point. I'm kind of pissed that they keep putting the damn thing in races against me but I can't have one!

I'm sorry if this has been answered already but I can't seem to find a clear answer

Wazzim

Banned
Does anyone know if you can make your own rival event? I hate those non-tuned cars with drifting.

Is there any place open in the GAF club now? I don't want to quit my current club without knowing for sure.

Iknos

Didn't take many races for me to hit level 10 but with the xbox freezing during races it took longer than I would have liked.

Got a 250 slim and transfer cable. Going to set things up tonight. Hope to see you fellows online.

Ever since the update to the game each time I restart my frozen console the game doesn't properly see my shifter unless I restart my wheel in a race. Then it works until the game freezes.

I hav the older Fanatec firmware by the way.

Nitemare1 said:
I found out last night much to my dismay that I can't buy a 2011 wrx sti because it was a amazon pre order car. :(.
Anyone know if they are going to make the preorder cars available to everyone at some point. I'm kind of pissed that they keep putting the damn thing in races against me but I can't have one!

I'm sorry if this has been answered already but I can't seem to find a clear answer

it is likely that all these cars will be DLC eventually.

Mascot

Nitemare1 said:

Tried eBay?

Majanew

Banned
Crazed Alien said:
This is exactly what would happen in real life if you shot directly into the sunlight. You can't expect the clouds and the much darker trackside detail to be equally exposed. Your combined picture looks like an HDR image which may look better but is not at all realistic.
It's the same bloomed out sky during racing. It's very unrealistic. I'm not pointing a camera at the sky, I'm looking at it from a car. I see what that looks like everyday.

Walshicus

Just bought the game. Two questions.

1) Why is Jeremy fucking Clarkson's intro not skipable?
2) How do I get to the main menu, presumably to install the second disc?

Klocker

Sir Fragula said:
Just bought the game. Two questions.

1) Why is Jeremy fucking Clarkson's intro not skipable?
2) How do I get to the main menu, presumably to install the second disc?

seriously?

Walshicus

Klocker said:
seriously?
For real. It's pretty confusing that you *have* to do the first race before you get access to the main menu. I didn't want to race - I wanted to quickly install the second disc. There was no indication that quitting out of the first race would dump me back at the very start, forcing me to watch the unskipable Clarkson shit once again.

Bad UX.

DasRaven

Sir Fragula said:
For real. It's pretty confusing that you *have* to do the first race before you get access to the main menu. I didn't want to race - I wanted to quickly install the second disc. There was no indication that quitting out of the first race would dump me back at the very start, forcing me to watch the unskipable Clarkson shit once again.

Bad UX.

Well, if it is any solace, you'll never be able to see the Clarkson intro again after the first race.

Lothars

DasRaven said:
Well, if it is any solace, you'll never be able to see the Clarkson intro again after the first race.
Yeah I wish I could see it again because I didn't really pay attention to it the first time through.

Top Bottom