• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Fox Mulder

Reprise said:
So I'm level 25 now (working on the pro season), does the AI get any stronger?

I don't think I'm the best driver but I'm constantly winning races by 15 secs in a three lap race.

The hardest thing so far with the AI is being able to avoid a car in front breaking way too early and have me disappear up his backside.
No, the difficulty is pretty disappointing. I raped their asses even before I switched to manual only.

Aptos

Wow, I'm getting the 0 credit bug with the wireless speed wheel... Has anyone figured out how to fix that yet?

guys I won't be on forza much in the next two weeks, I am extremely busy with my work and my own iOS game deadline and well, forza will have to sit to the side for a little while :(

Just letting you know since I have power in the car club, you can kick me from it for now if you wish, only have two tuned cars in the club.

Diablohead said:
guys I won't be on forza much in the next two weeks, I am extremely busy with my work and my own iOS game deadline and well, forza will have to sit to the side for a little while :(

Just letting you know since I have power in the car club, you can kick me from it for now if you wish, only have two tuned cars in the club.

I won't kick you, but I might demote you for now. Any suggestions on who I should promote in your stead for now?

Edit: Nm, I promoted Dead Poul/SarBear. All hail!

D6AMIA6N

Game is so good. Left Gears and Dark Souls, haven't touched Arkham City. It's all I want to play when I have time to play. Love the RUF cars. Battlefield tomorrow, will it finally pull me away?

HokieJoe

Here's my feeble take on the 1975 BMW 3.0CSL Art Car (not finished):

2d8pbvd.jpg

I wanted to use the 3.0CSL in the game, but it just doesn't look right without the wide body kit. The 2002 was the closest I could get. I dig the 2002 anyway.

And, this big hunk of iron is a beast:

9vgyvr.jpg

2r7st1t.jpg

SarBear

Shortt Sirket said:
I won't kick you, but I might demote you for now. Any suggestions on who I should promote in your stead for now?

Edit: Nm, I promoted Dead Poul/SarBear. All hail!

:bow.

Seriously, I'm usually around. If I'm not online in-game, just PM me here and I'll try to get on. These random races are just depressing, to say the very least. I accidentally sideswiped a guy in the last turn on Sebring. Good LORD! The guy sent me two voice messages talking about how he was going to murder my black ass.

guest1321

SarBear said:

Seriously, I'm usually around. If I'm not online in-game, just PM me here and I'll try to get on. These random races are just depressing, to say the very least. I accidentally sideswiped a guy in the last turn on Sebring. Good LORD! The guy sent me two voice messages talking about how he was going to murder my black ass.
Wow, getting aggressive. I have yet to race online against non-gaffers but I was looking forward to it. Do you run into these type often and how often do you find that people are smashing into you?

skyfinch

SarBear said:

Damn, this is why I don't like playing online with random people. People take shit too seriously.

SarBear

guest1321 said:
Wow, getting aggressive. I have yet to race online against non-gaffers but I was looking forward to it. Do you run into these type often and how often do you find that people are smashing into you?

I run into this foolishness ALL THE TIME. I usually endure it for the first couple races because after I get a good placing i don't have to worry about the fools in the back. However, if GAF is online, then I don't even worry.

Anyone wanna race?

"What's good homie?"
"Fa shizzle my nizzle"

This is the shit i'm dealing with in random races. lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
skyfinch said:
Damn, this is why I don't like playing online with random people. People take shit too seriously.
Yeah.. this is why I'm scared of playing racing games online, you never know who the uptight folk are and who the destruction derby folk are. Both of which are a pain in the ass for everyone and are just buzzkills. Especially in this gen. The only racing game I put a lengthy amount of time into online was PGR2 where the community was a bit more laid back. With sims especially, im scared of this kind of experience-ruining shit.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Olivero said:
Probably been asked, but how is the kinect head tracking?
Pretty poor in my case. Simply doesn't work very well and when it does work doesn't add much to the experience (although maybe it never works properly for me).

Kinect as a whole seems broken in this game for me. Navigating menus is very painful as is "driving".
Even voice is a little his or miss. There has been times where I have mumbled something to myself and it comes up with the voice options menu, and times where I want to issue a command and it doesn't come up.

I've haven't really had any major Kinect problems before FM4.

skyfinch

user_nat said:
Pretty poor in my case. Simply doesn't work very well and when it does work doesn't add much to the experience (although maybe it never works properly for me).

Kinect as a whole seems broken in this game for me. Navigating menus is very painful as is "driving".
Even voice is a little his or miss. There has been times where I have mumbled something to myself and it comes up with the voice options menu, and times where I want to issue a command and it doesn't come up.

The few times I've used (tested) headtracking it worked fine. Well never use it since I usually lay down to play.

Love Kinect voice. I've been using it more and more. Only time I've run into problems is when I say "community". For some reason, it doesn't recognize this command.

user_nat said:

Really? May be try recalibrate it. It works great for me and head tracking work wonderful also for me. I use voice command on occassion and it seem to always work even with my accent. Though I often used buttons because I am just so used to doing it that way.

I have test coming up next week, also back at work and going to start new job next week not to mention Batman is sucking away what little time I have. I will get back playing it after the test.

PS: also never got the gift cars.

h3ro

SWEET!

Just got an extra Nissan SuperGT GT-R #12 for 25K. :D

Jube, could you please give us an update on what's going on with the preorder cars?

Mascot

h3ro said:
Jube, could you please give us an update on what's going on with the preorder cars?
Yes please! I got my preorder Mazda on FM3 but nothing since. I'm starting to think this boat has sailed.

acm2000

eso76 said:
i ended up never importing my fm3 save.

don't even know if they sent me my preorder car yet

i did the same, so i deleted my save and started again, was lvl21 :( but i had only done about 3 races lol (damn addictive rivals mode)

Mr.Green said:
I'd rather have proper wheel support.

By the way, you guys let that thread slip to the bottom of page 3. I'm very disappointed in you.

Hey! Would you rather have people playing the game or posting in the thread.

Honestly, everyone in the club seems to be pretty active right now and this thread usually picks up at night (EST time).

Aptos

SarBear said:
I thought all this was settled out with the pre-order cars? Goodness.

Switching to manual gears today. Wish me luck. ;_;

Once you learn manual shifting you should consider making the jump to clutch too. You can map it to the A button so you can press X+A with your thumb really easily to shift down and B+A to shift up. It's not much of a stretch after you're comfortable shifting and it really helps.

thundr51

saladine1 said:
They definitely NEED to include either weather or night for FM5....NEED....

I've seen plenty of people make this comment several times but I don't understand why. Is it that the races aren't hard enough so they think cutting off visibility would add some difficulty or is it just to play around with the car models and see the lights working or something? I suck at racing games so my comments may be invalid but I just can't see the point. At first I didn't know how I felt about the idea until that other racing game did it and I HATED it. Trying to drive around in the dark at high speed trying not to wreck just didn't seem fun to me somehow. Most stadiums have lights so I wouldn't think it would be THAT dark if they did it, but the idea of Laguna Seca in the dark would be terrifying. I

If anything I'd prefer they add better AI that wont ram me in the corners or maybe even somehow workout a way for me to use my usb wheels (g25, g27) with this game.

Not trying to start an argument or anything but would genuinely like to hear why some think night racing is so important/needed.

thundr51 said:
I've seen plenty of people make this comment several times but I don't understand why. Is it that the races aren't hard enough so they think cutting off visibility would add some difficulty or is it just to play around with the car models and see the lights working or something? I suck at racing games so my comments may be invalid but I just can't see the point. At first I didn't know how I felt about the idea until that other racing game did it and I HATED it. Trying to drive around in the dark at high speed trying not to wreck just didn't seem fun to me somehow. Most stadiums have lights so I wouldn't think it would be THAT dark if they did it, but the idea of Laguna Seca in the dark would be terrifying. I

If anything I'd prefer they add better AI that wont ram me in the corners or maybe even somehow workout a way for me to use my usb wheels (g25, g27) with this game.

Not trying to start an argument or anything but would genuinely like to hear why some think night racing is so important/needed.

It is really just to make things more "exciting" as I see it. I honestly dislike night racing on most tracks, but having it on Kaido, Le Mans and Nurburgring would be pretty awesome. It is just something visually different and exciting but I do not see it as a requirement at all.

....except on Kaido. I want to relive my Initial D fantasies like NOW!

cbox

I'd rather have more places to race than weather or night. I also want a walkable garage like pgr 2 but I'll never get that.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Aptos said:
Once you learn manual shifting you should consider making the jump to clutch too. You can map it to the A button so you can press X+A with your thumb really easily to shift down and B+A to shift up. It's not much of a stretch after you're comfortable shifting and it really helps.

I found I could only get used to clutch with the clutch on A, shift up on the LB and shift down on the RB. When I'm braking with the LT, downshifitng with the RB feels more comfortable than downshifting with the RB would.

Wazzim

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
It is really just to make things more "exciting" as I see it. I honestly dislike night racing on most tracks, but having it on Kaido, Le Mans and Nurburgring would be pretty awesome. It is just something visually different and exciting but I do not see it as a requirement at all.

....except on Kaido. I want to relive my Initial D fantasies like NOW!
I always play Initial D music while drifting, so good.

DasRaven

Infamous Chris said:
I want to know this, too.

Since FM3's economy broke down due to credit glitches and modding, AH unicorns have served a better purpose of identifying glitchers/modders for the purposes of account bans.

You have a much better chance getting a unicorn through community involvement in races with devs, photo & livery competitions, and the like.

DasRaven said:
Since FM3's economy broke down due to credit glitches and modding, AH unicorns have served a better purpose of identifying glitchers/modders for the purposes of account bans.

You have a much better chance getting a unicorn through community involvement in races with devs, photo & livery competitions, and the like.

Isn't there an achievement for buying a unicorn from the AH? Or something...

Aptos said:

manual/clutch was second nature on the controller during FM3...but now, with FM4 and playing exclusively with the speed wheel, i can't do it. just too much trouble keeping the correct hand position to have the ability to turn my hands as well as hit both the A.X or A.B to get the clutch. plus the smaller buttons make it tough to not hit "Y" and accidentally rewind.

I gave it a good 2 hours of trying, but couldn't make it work. with the added intricacy of the speed wheel already (playing with that thing....oh god the snap oversteer) it was just too much, even for a clutch veteran.

so as long as i am still racing with the speed wheel, i think just manual is how i have to do it. the speed wheel is already a handful (pun intended)

DasRaven

Infamous Chris said:
Isn't there an achievement for buying a unicorn from the AH? Or something...

Yes, and it triggers at the point you have one in your garage by any means.
Win at the AH, gift from T10, imported from FM3. I have it and haven't set foot in the AH yet.

Mascot

Aptos said:

How do you remap the joypad? I thought you only had the option to choose from the presets they offer you?

kazinova

AlanzTalon said:
manual/clutch was second nature on the controller during FM3...but now, with FM4 and playing exclusively with the speed wheel, i can't do it. just too much trouble keeping the correct hand position to have the ability to turn my hands as well as hit both the A.X or A.B to get the clutch. plus the smaller buttons make it tough to not hit "Y" and accidentally rewind.

I gave it a good 2 hours of trying, but couldn't make it work. with the added intricacy of the speed wheel already (playing with that thing....oh god the snap oversteer) it was just too much, even for a clutch veteran.

so as long as i am still racing with the speed wheel, i think just manual is how i have to do it. the speed wheel is already a handful (pun intended)

Use the setup with the clutch/handbrake on the d-pad. It's much easier to hit on the speed wheel. Plus having the clutch on the left seems to make more sense in my head since it's my left foot's job while I'm actually driving.

Pepto

Banned
Oh man. I'm in season seven and these S-class races are kicking my ass. I can just beat the competition with my leaderboard Rossion.

Top Bottom