• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

guest1321

So I am now able to finally get back on Forza but I want to make sure that i won't be plagued by that weird 99,999,999 bug/error. Does anyone know if that is still an issue or if that was totally a coincidence that a bunch of people got it in one day?

DasRaven

Lothars said:
Yeah I wish I could see it again because I didn't really pay attention to it the first time through.

Same here. It's on youtube, but there's no reason to not put it somewhere in the game, maybe at the end of the team credits or something.

guest1321

Hey any of the GAF car club leaders could you please invite me back into the club. I recovered my GT this weekend on a friends 360 to get the Kinect achievement and I think I lost my association with the club in the process. I am on the list of non-rotating members if that still matters/is pertinent to this situation. My GT is Guest1321. Thanks!

Sir Fragula said:
For real. It's pretty confusing that you *have* to do the first race before you get access to the main menu. I didn't want to race - I wanted to quickly install the second disc. There was no indication that quitting out of the first race would dump me back at the very start, forcing me to watch the unskipable Clarkson shit once again.

Bad UX.

it probably took you longer to run to your PC and post a complaint to neoGAF than it would have taken to run a lap around Alps as part of the intro.

guest1321

Who was making a Montage of AI stupidity?!?! I just found the race that puts it on the pedestal. I am doing a "Prototype Speedway" race with the max class being x999. 15 laps of mayhem! R1 cars slamming into each other, flying full speed into walls, flipping. It honestly became, who can survive the 15 laps without their engine being destroyed. I truly believe this was comic relief placed in the game by turn 10
Bravo!

EDIT: It is not fun when you get to the last lap and then a car crashes causing you to slam into it and suddenly your ability to rewind is taken away? Whats the point of having it on if you can't use it after you crash?

EDIT 2: It gets better -- On my third time doing the race half of the cars have ended up on their side and unable to continue racing! TOO GOOD :D

guest1321

Liquidsnake said:
I'm pretty sure you can click on the car or it says who the owner is off to the right of the car when you are viewing the garage. Whoever the owner is is the same person who tuned it. Unless you are asking who's GT matches with their Gaf tag.

guest1321 said:
EDIT: It is not fun when you get to the last lap and then a car crashes causing you to slam into it and suddenly your ability to rewind is taken away? Whats the point of having it on if you can't use it after you crash?
Yeah, I noticed this happen too, just in the home stretch and I royally fucked up the last turn and had no rewind option. Is that by design?

In terms of AI I'm still struggling to get handle on it, though with rewinds I can usually get through a race with 0cr in damages. I've taken to trying to overtake only on the outside as whenever I go inside I tend to get slammed into or just rubbed off the road. So I figured I was just driving like an asshole and changed my ways - only to have M. Rossi doing the exact same thing to me - taking an aggressive inside line and slamming into me.

There is no winning this.

Walshicus

AlanzTalon said:
it probably took you longer to run to your PC and post a complaint to neoGAF than it would have taken to run a lap around Alps as part of the intro.
Doesn't mean it's not a bad user experience choice.

Players have been trained to expect a menu first, and to be able to skip videos. It wasn't broke, it shouldn't have been "fixed".

ShapeGSX

guest1321 said:

You can't rewind if any car has finished the race. Same with Forza 3.

DasRaven

ShapeGSX said:
You can't rewind if any car has finished the race. Same with Forza 3.

This is true, but it is not only this. It was also a problem in FM3. Sometimes the rewind fails for a moment and later will allow you to rewind to a point well before the point it failed.
The real problem occurs when it fails near the end of your final lap when you don't have time to let it catch up before the race ends.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
guest1321 said:
Who was making a Montage of AI stupidity?!?! I just found the race that puts it on the pedestal. I am doing a "Prototype Speedway" race with the max class being x999. 15 laps of mayhem! R1 cars slamming into each other, flying full speed into walls, flipping. It honestly became, who can survive the 15 laps without their engine being destroyed. I truly believe this was comic relief placed in the game by turn 10
Bravo!

EDIT 2: It gets better -- On my third time doing the race half of the cars have ended up on their side and unable to continue racing! TOO GOOD :D

lol, me. havent gotten far with it and will likely never materialize, but if you have clips, share them!

SarBear

guest1321 said:
Bravo!

I would kill to be in this race.

Walshicus

How responsive is the head tracking with Kinect? I don't really have the space for it until I move, but I'm quite looking forward to trying it out.

DasRaven said:
This is true, but it is not only this. It was also a problem in FM3. Sometimes the rewind fails for a moment and later will allow you to rewind to a point well before the point it failed.
The real problem occurs when it fails near the end of your final lap when you don't have time to let it catch up before the race ends.

This happens when the AI cars pit. You can't rewind while they are in the pits and once you rewind, it takes you all the way back to before the AI pitted.

Sir Fragula said:
How responsive is the head tracking with Kinect? I don't really have the space for it until I move, but I'm quite looking forward to trying it out.

It works almost perfectly for me. You can modify how sensitive it is, but it recognized my movements quite well. You can also crop out the background which I would suggest since it helps with responsiveness.

guest1321

op_ivy said:
lol, me. havent gotten far with it and will likely never materialize, but if you have clips, share them!
I will have to go back and race it again and get some good clips. 15 laps of mayhem was way to awesome!

SarBear said:
I would kill to be in this race.
I'll get the exact race for everyone in a bit.

h3ro

bkfount said:
so is Turn 10 ever going to send the preorder cars, or is it just something I missed out on for some reason?

I was about to post the same thing.

WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US JUBE.

guest1321 said:
I'm pretty sure you can click on the car or it says who the owner is off to the right of the car when you are viewing the garage. Whoever the owner is is the same person who tuned it. Unless you are asking who's GT matches with their Gaf tag.

Yeah I was kinda asking in case the GT doesn't match GAF. Well Ill send them a msg over xbox live.

guest1321

Liquidsnake said:
Yeah I was kinda asking in case the GT doesn't match GAF. Well Ill send them a msg over xbox live.
What was the GT?

h3ro said:
I was about to post the same thing.

WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US JUBE.
IIRC it was the Ferrari 458 Challenge. At least I think remember reading that in the week in review after the launch. I already have mine in my garage if that is the case. But if it isn't I'm in the same boat as you two.

h3ro

U n i o n 0015 said:
What pre-order cars?

IIRC, the only thing you got for pre-ordering was a Spirit R.

Some people got a Forza 4 liveried Ferrari 458 Challenge and Rossion/Noble kit car (forgot which one) from T10, while most VIPs here on GAF got nothing, myself included.

Shaneus

h3ro said:
Some people got a Forza 4 liveried Ferrari 458 Challenge and Rossion/Noble kit car (forgot which one) from T10, while most VIPs here on GAF got nothing, myself included.
Yup. There's a thread on FM.net as well. Not sure what the deal is there.

Mascot

DasRaven said:

In FM3 I hit rewind well into a New York race and it rewound right back to the start of the race. More than four laps worth, IIRC. I didn't even think the rewind buffer would stretch back that far. It was quite funny in a weird kinda way. Never happened again.

DasRaven

bloodforge said:
I'd rather have night racing.

+1. I'd much rather see Forza Rallysport with weather and multiple surfaces.

I'll never understand wanting to shoehorn all forms of motorsports into a single game.

Reprise

Neo Member
So I'm level 25 now (working on the pro season), does the AI get any stronger?

I don't think I'm the best driver but I'm constantly winning races by 15 secs in a three lap race.

The hardest thing so far with the AI is being able to avoid a car in front breaking way too early and have me disappear up his backside.

sneaky77

eek5 said:
150 levels and he still hasn't raced on every track?

You gain levels for doing anything like online racings or rivals stuff too.. actually Rivals probably levels you faster than anything else.

eek5

sneaky77 said:
You gain levels for doing anything like online racings or rivals stuff too.. actually Rivals probably levels you faster than anything else.
He only has 173k online winnings though

guest1321

I asked on the previous page but I want to make sure it is seen by a Carclub leader so I'll ask again. Can you please re-add me to the car club GT: Guest1321
Thanks!

guest1321 said:
I asked on the previous page but I want to make sure it is seen by a Carclub leader so I'll ask again. Can you please re-add me to the car club GT: Guest1321
Thanks!
Yeah, I get off work at GameStop at around 9isb EST. So I will re-add you when I get home. Just PM me your info so I don't forget.

Top Bottom