• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

nagge

Seanspeed said:
I can occasionally get faster times with the clutch, but I've found that it hinders me a lot, too. I'm so focused on getting perfect shifts that my braking and cornering abilities are turning inconsistent where they didn't used to be. I'm hoping its cuz I just haven't practiced enough, but its really bothering me at this point. It doesn't feel natural and I cant play online competitively until I get this straightened out cuz I look like an idiot sometimes.

I started playing with clutch in FM4, and let me tell you I was horribly inconsistent, heal/toeing was a thing I never thought I would manage. But I stuck through it and I just kept getting more consistent and I've actually managed to race online without running people of the track.

So keep at it and the rewards will come, not to say it's easy or not frustrating, I still overshoot my braking points some times but those moments have greatly been reduced.

Just don't get too fast or I will have problems in rivals mode ;)

BlazeDSM

Just started! I'm loving it so far. I like how the career mode adjusts to the car that you're using. Even though it forces you to downgrade/upgrade your vehicle after finishing a race for the next events (sometimes).
I really wish that during the load screens that they would have put developer information (tidbits, facts about the team, random info), track history, a little bit about the car...it wouldn't take that long to implement that small amount of information into the loading aspect...(anyone from Turn 10 reading this?)

Other than that, I love this game. I enjoyed the first and played the hell out of it, I don't even remember how many hours I've played through that with so many friends hotlapping each other and tuning\painting. So much fun. The 2nd, liked it. The 3rd, enjoyed it but was missing the feel. And now, with 4, it's brought back everything that I've loved about these game and combined everything along with so many improvements. I felt I was playing the first Forza but with everything I could ask for minus what I would like : weather, night, and snow but maybe Forza 5 will be there with it all.

Oh yeah, if anyone ever wants to play, send an invite. My name is just like my GAF name, BlazeDSM...also if anyone has some sweet cars to offer please let me know!

Here are some pics of the 2 cars that I've built so far.

ahm0Q.jpg

3R7PL.jpg

BlazeDSM

Aurarian said:
Love the 240SX. Wish I had that car or an RX-7 in real life.

When I found out they had my car in this game, I fell in love immediately. Forza 1 had the 95 Eclipse GSX in there. I've owned a 98 GS-T Spyder, 92 Eagle Talon, and a 97 GSX (changed the block on it all by myself...not fun), soon to be 03 Evo VIII.

The 240's are pretty inexpensive...you can def own one.

BlazeDSM said:
When I found out they had my car in this game, I fell in love immediately. Forza 1 had the 95 Eclipse GSX in there. I've owned a 98 GS-T Spyder, 92 Eagle Talon, and a 97 GSX (changed the block on it all by myself...not fun), soon to be 03 Evo VIII.

The 240's are pretty inexpensive...you can def own one.

Good luck finding a clean one... most 240's are beat to shit and/or riced out.

guest1321

So in regards to the conversation about rewind randomly cutting out on you:
At certain points in the race rewind cuts out and doesn't become available for a while during which time the game catches up with the race (so to speak). I noticed that the rewind option when restarting the race is no longer there so I would imagine T10 was aware of this. That being said, I did not check to see if rewind was absent from the start menu as well.

Also, I'm online right now if anyone is interested in racing

G Rom

I managed to get hold of 7 codes for the Clubman (I plan on trying to get more). Couple of questions :
Do the codes work worldwide ?
I think someone posted the order of rarity of the preorder cars in the US, anyone remember what it was ?

guest1321

CR-Z > Clubman > STI > 1M > Alfa
I believe...

Does anyone understand the purpose of the heat 1 and 2 on races. I am still baffled by its role in Forza 4. It does not change my position in the second heat if I do well or poorly in the first.

guest1321 said:
Does anyone understand the purpose of the heat 1 and 2 on races. I am still baffled by its role in Forza 4. It does not change my position in the second heat if I do well or poorly in the first.

Yes, the heats seem meaningless. It's just the exact same race twice...

BADNED

G Rom said:
I managed to get hold of 7 codes for the Clubman (I plan on trying to get more). Couple of questions :
Do the codes work worldwide ?
I think someone posted the order of rarity of the preorder cars in the US, anyone remember what it was ?
The codes work worldwide.

Arucardo

Undertook a little quest last night, I'm going to try every car in the game (except R2 and up) doing a lap on the Alps track that's first in the list (long one with the tunnel). Only made it up to BMW's so far.

So far the rubbish cars are the Abarth 500 and Q7 (hit a wall way too many times because of the understeer). Driving all the Aston's in a row got a bit tiresome (they feel so similar), I noticed that the Rapide understeers a bunch, also it's ugly :p .

I did something similar with Forza 3 and Laguna Seca, but I stopped somewhere around Porsche after selling my MS Wheel.

p3tran

Banned
fozzy said:
Thanks for the link. Looks quite complicated, but I'll have a read through.
read some and then in order to understand better, go to tuning menu, there is an option to test drive the car your are fixing.
the difference when test driving through this menu is that whenever you pause, you get access to the tuning settings menu while on the track, and you can try stuff like give a lot of camber/caster or bound/rebound or the lock % of the differential, gear ratios etc, on the fly.
So as soon as you leave the pause menu, you are back on the track on the same spot you where, BUT with your new settings on the car.
do this for a while, and also pop up the telemetry, so you can figure out better how things you tweak in the tuning menu translate in the car behaviour.
after some testing you'll have the basic things figured out ;)

BrokenSymmetry said:
Yes, the heats seem meaningless. It's just the exact same race twice...

I think it's their way of splitting up the long races (15-20 minute)in Forza 3. I do wish it had some affect on the second race though.

Although playing all assists off (except damage and rewind) with Manual+Clutch I think I place first in almost everything except the really windy stuff with traffic so starting in the back of the pack makes it more interesting.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
playing daytona - wouldnt a reimagining of the medium and expert courses in forza 4 be glorious? :D

Mr.Green

Wazzim said:
That's lame, I thought the non-active guys got kicked for extra space?
Yes. They just don't want you in. Your mother never really wanted you either.

Seriously, I guess having 100 active Forza players around here isn't that hard. Give it a few more days.

Wazzim

Banned
Mr.Green said:
Yes. They just don't want you in. Your mother never really wanted you either.

Seriously, I guess having 100 active Forza players around here isn't that hard. Give it a few more days.
lol I'm not impatient or something, I was in another club all this time and was just wondering if there was any free space now. ;)

EDIT: servers acting up again :/

sneaky77

guest1321 said:
CR-Z > Clubman > STI > 1M > Alfa
I believe...

To win you have to finish well on both I guess, like championship pts?

skyfinch

Liquidsnake said:
Thats awesome!!!!

I hate when you post amazing times, but you know the people in the top 100 are BS.

Nothing confirmed. Checking leaderboards is the first thing I do when I boot up the game. It was over 800,000 the other day for circuit times, but dropped to a little over 700,000 last night. No idea why.

This also happened in FM3.

I never understand this...but how does one even go about cheating? not asking specifically...but is it a hacked console allowing better cars? or cheating through a wall somehow?

much less the question of why someone would even think doing this is worthwhile...

Mr.Green

AlanzTalon said:
I never understand this...but how does one even go about cheating?

You drive with a GAMEPAD!!!

Just kidding. Nothing against pad users, but they should be left off the leaderboards and should only be able to drive short buses.

Mr.Green said:
You drive with a GAMEPAD!!!

Just kidding. Nothing against pad users, but they should be left off the leaderboards and should only be able to drive short buses.

wtf.

this: "Nothing against pad users," followed by this: "should only be able to drive short buses" is a stupid fucking thing to say. you mean 90% or more of the players?

Mr.Green

AlanzTalon said:
wtf.

this: "Nothing against pad users," followed by this: "should only be able to drive short buses" is a stupid fucking thing to say. you mean 90% or more of the players?

That... was... a joke...

Seanspeed

Banned
nagge said:
I started playing with clutch in FM4, and let me tell you I was horribly inconsistent, heal/toeing was a thing I never thought I would manage. But I stuck through it and I just kept getting more consistent and I've actually managed to race online without running people of the track.

So keep at it and the rewards will come, not to say it's easy or not frustrating, I still overshoot my braking points some times but those moments have greatly been reduced.

Just don't get too fast or I will have problems in rivals mode ;)
Yea I'm definitely not going back, thats for sure. I know there's good potential, I just gotta get it to where it feels natural and I can stop thinking about it.

mblitek

Originally Posted by DasRaven:
VIP cars = those only included in the FM4 LCE: Veyron SS, 458 Challenge, LP570-4, M600, Rt12R
There will eventually be cars gifted to VIPs in FM4 by T10, but none have to been to date.

There were some cars sent to users who didn't receive their FM3 RX-7 Spirit R unicorn for preordering before they started FM4 and performed their import.
Those were a custom FM4-liveried standard 458 and a Joss JT1. Some also got all 3 FM3 unicorns gifted to them as well in FM4.

I personally got my Spirit R in FM3, imported it into FM4 and have received neither of the 2 apology cars.

Those are the two that I'm after. Come on JUBE!

I haven't received any.

Yoritomo

So I'm dumb. I was getting irritated at how long it took to make big adjustments in the tuning menu with a wheel... until I realized that if you steer the wheel it was like using the analog stick.

AlanzTalon said:
I never understand this...but how does one even go about cheating? not asking specifically...but is it a hacked console allowing better cars? or cheating through a wall somehow?

much less the question of why someone would even think doing this is worthwhile...

Really easy. You use a program to hack your profile and give yourself max level + unlimited credits.

I did it in Forza 3 with an offline account, it turns it into a sandbox mode. A godsend for Forza 3's horrible pacing and slow doling out of credits - Forza 4 fixes this by making credits 10x easier to get and making upgrades free with Affinity lvl 4.

Mr.Green

Yoritomo said:
So I'm dumb. I was getting irritated at how long it took to make big adjustments in the tuning menu with a wheel... until I realized that if you steered the wheel it was like using the analog stick.
Well that makes two of us then. Nice find, thanks!

p3tran

Banned
AlanzTalon said:

Not counting those cases where you hex edit or whatever (and I have my doubts if these can be used online),
here's a "clean" example of what is considered cheating from previous forza game (i think it was on f2):
lotus elan could be fitted with some upgrades that made the car real fast, but leaving it to a lower class.
basically it was an exploit of a situation, where the AI testing the car kept it at low PI because for it, it was unusable for driving.
but that elan ruled most leadeboards in lower classes, and was deemed a cheat (and correctly so)
so at one point the car upgrades where fixed, and the top thousand or two leaderboard times where wiped.

p3tran

Banned
BoobPhysics101 said:
Really easy. You use a program to hack your profile and give yourself max level + unlimited credits.

I did it in Forza 3 with an offline account, it turns it into a sandbox mode. A godsend for Forza 3's horrible pacing and slow doling out of credits - Forza 4 fixes this by making credits 10x easier to get and making upgrades free with Affinity lvl 4.
I dont know about "horrible", probably disagree. I made lots of forzamoney in forza 3 (also in forza 2), in all legit ways.
But in forza 4, even a player who understands almost nothing will end up with money and cars after a few hours. this is ok too, it just removed the money thing out of the game

sneaky77

p3tran said:
I dont know about "horrible", probably disagree. I made lots of forzamoney in forza 3 (also in forza 2), in all legit ways.
But in forza 4, even a player who understands almost nothing will end up with money and cars after a few hours. this is ok too, it just removed the money thing out of the game

Considering the amount of cars, is good that you earn more credits to try different things.

Top Bottom