• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

eek5

TheMan said:
I wonder how many flapping dicks haunt the pages of old threads...
Probably a lot. I hosted some images that I posted here and I ate up 70gb of bandwidth for the month :lol

Wazzim

Banned
animatiowwwn1dc0s.gif

Drifting on Fujimi Kaido has never been so fun, much better than in F3. Love it <3

SarBear

Shortt Sirket said:
For the new page:

Introducing the First NeoGAF Rivals Challenge!

The event: The Senna Special Rival Challenge
Time Frame: Starting now and going until Sunday at Midnight EST.
The Prizes: Jube has been awesome enough to guarantee DLC Codes to the top 3 finishers.

That's it kids! Get out there and kick some ass. Only times set between now and Sunday at Midnight EST will count, so those who already set fast times might have their work cut out for them. Good luck!

Oh, son of a bitch!!! I won't be home until late Monday so I guess I can't participate in this one. :( :( :( :( I thought this was originally going to be a week activity?

SarBear said:
Oh, son of a bitch!!! I won't be home until late Monday so I guess I can't participate in this one. :( :( :( :( I thought this was originally going to be a week activity?
It was and we will still do week ones but Jube wanted to use it to give away early DLC codes as prizes.

Gor@n

Neo Member
Bought the season pass, regretting it though, given people are getting codes from facebook, twitter etc. Plus the extra 250,000 credits is a bit weak (still haven't received them). Something like a million would go a long way to buying some of the dlc cars. What they should do is offer some in game credits with each dlc purchase, but that'll be a pipe dream at best.

SarBear

Shortt Sirket said:
It was and we will still do week ones but Jube wanted to use it to give away early DLC codes as prizes.

Ahhh, ok. I'm still pretty competitive about it, but seeing as how i have a Season Pass I'll be all right with that. Still, I love me some Suzuka. Next one on Nurburgring? >=)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
VindictiveGnome said:
I can put it up there.

Awesome video! How do you already have this car, though?

making a montage of retarded ai moments and that is definitely a retarded ai moment you got there

h3ro

evil_as_skeletor said:
Phew!
So that's a factory "body kit"?
Yup. The Bel Air has great options. :)

Rivals mode has been such a panacea for me. I was starting to tire of the drudge through the Event mode and now I can really feel myself getting better by racing some of your times. The credits don't hurt either. Gonna be getting that #62 Italia in a bit. :D

Anyone else miss the quick mini menu that popped up in F3 on the right side when you hit L/R on the Dpad to toggle Tire Temp/Damage and Drift score? I hate having to hit up and scroll all the way through the various data points to get to Tire temp.

Bring it back, T10!

legbone

question. i hear people talking about making bunches of money by doing rivals mode. how so? i ran a couple of them and only got 2500 per rival. is it because i suck so bad or what?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
legbone said:
question. i hear people talking about making bunches of money by doing rivals mode. how so? i ran a couple of them and only got 2500 per rival. is it because i suck so bad or what?

sorry, but yeah. you get LOADS of cash for rivals that are higher up the leaderboard. try the autocross, as it seems pretty limited in competition. pick a higher ranked rival (say 100,000 cr) if you are killing your rival, sandbag the event a bit to win by as little as possible, then pick a new rival "near you" on the leaderboard to continuously rack up major credits.

legbone

op_ivy said:
sorry, but yeah. you get LOADS of cash for rivals that are higher up the leaderboard. try the autocross, as it seems pretty limited in competition. if you are killing your rival, sandbag the event a bit to win by as little as possible, then pick a new rival "near you" on the leaderboard to continuously rack up major credits.

thanks, i figured that's what it was.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Every single race ends up being between M. Rossi, P. Muller and myself.
It would be nice if they had made more than 2 AI actually capable of racing.

eemijun

Neo Member
Does anybody know if the R15+ will be available to pick as a reward for driver level 50? I'm at 49 and if it is going to be, then ill wait to level up and save some credits.

nagge

evil_as_skeletor said:
This NSX sucks a whole bucket of dicks.

Yea, it's all over the place really, feels like driving with the back wheels on ice.

On a side note, is there a list of people outside of the club participating? Would be nice to know where you stack up so there's no need to spend more time than necessary in the NSX.

Mascot

Been meaning to post this for a while as I don't think it's common knowledge.

People bemoaned the loss of being able to tag cars as 'favourites' in FM3 (it was in FM2) for quickly finding your best rides, but there's an even better feature in FM4. If you use the grid view when selecting a car from your garage you can 'tag' multiple cars with the right trigger and put them in their own separate table (which you can create, edit and move). I've now got all my tuned cars in appropriate FClass, EClass, Dclass etc sections (accessed through the grid view) which makes selecting them an absolute breeze. You can even move the tables around to get them in the proper ascending/descending order.

Hope that all makes sense. It's well worth a look.

I'm so busy at work lately that I really don't have time for anything else, I made a small update to my storefront tonight so if anyone likes something go for it, rate it, leave a comment, whatever works for you. Got to go to sleep, I have to wake up in three hours lol. cheers everyone.
HD

6293647611_77c0658afd_z.jpg

6293647621_9d0b5fceca_z.jpg

6293647613_304d8f9ecc_z.jpg

6293647633_2f56d17399_z.jpg

6293647627_4006e5d282_z.jpg

6261995551_f038babc1d_z.jpg

6273542007_4d1cba73f6_z.jpg

nagge said:
Yea, it's all over the place really, feels like driving with the back wheels on ice.

On a side note, is there a list of people outside of the club participating? Would be nice to know where you stack up so there's no need to spend more time than necessary in the NSX.
Yeah between battling compression lock and twitchy steering, it both under steers at low speed and over steers.

I have seen one legged blind guys handle a flight of stairs better than this thing handles corners.

It's so damn heavy and cumbersome for such a light and agile sportscar.

You almost have to be in front of the ghost every damn time for the sight of those hideously modeled bright red tail lights....

Mascot

H3rTz DoNuT said:
I'm so busy at work lately that I really don't have time for anything else, I made a small update to my storefront tonight so if anyone likes something go for it, rate it, leave a comment, whatever works for you. Got to go to sleep, I have to wake up in three hours lol. cheers everyone.
HD

*awesome designs*

I love all your liveries, Hertz. I'll be snapping them up and five-starring all of them, as usual. Stunning stuff.

Thanks!

G Rom

h3ro said:
Anyone else miss the quick mini menu that popped up in F3 on the right side when you hit L/R on the Dpad to toggle Tire Temp/Damage and Drift score? I hate having to hit up and scroll all the way through the various data points to get to Tire temp.

Bring it back, T10!
It never left, just hit the right stick. ;)

Just got top NINE (GAF) for senna challenge. Pretty happy.

Still more to squeeze out but I'm definitely no NAGGE!!!

Still hate this car - is it wrong I yell at it and call it a 'fat piece of shit'?

EDIT

Sarcasm

I just got Forza 4 LCE.

My live ran out so how will I be affected? Can I still browse storefronts and buy/sell cars/stuff?

Also didn't know xbox couldn't handle more than 1 pending download while a download is going. I entered my three codes in which were in this order:

Launch Bonus which started downloading, than I entered in the bonus track which went to pending, than I entered the Limited Edition DLC one which never showed up and it says I already redeemed it...it should have been pending no? I watched as first one finished, the pending one move up and nothing about the Limited Edition DLC one.

How do I check?

h3ro

G Rom said:
It never left, just hit the right stick. ;)
*mind explosion*
Thanks. :D

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Seeing this livery always makes me all warm and nostalgic for GT2. Thanks for making this! There are some variants of this livery on the marketplace, but not with this detail or quality.

The_Monk

Sarcasm said:
I just got Forza 4 LCE.

My live ran out so how will I be affected? Can I still browse storefronts and buy/sell cars/stuff?

Also didn't know xbox couldn't handle more than 1 pending download while a download is going. I entered my three codes in which were in this order:

Launch Bonus which started downloading, than I entered in the bonus track which went to pending, than I entered the Limited Edition DLC one which never showed up and it says I already redeemed it...it should have been pending no? I watched as first one finished, the pending one move up and nothing about the Limited Edition DLC one.

How do I check?

Go to your Download History where you can see you info, change theme, etc, it should be there an option to check your latest downloads history.

ruxtpin

Banned
Anyone here care to let me join their car club? Last I checked the GAF one was pretty much nigh impossible to get into, so I was wondering if any members have created offshoots or just made their own smaller clubs. Shoot me a PM if anyone has some room, it'd be greatly appreciated! =D

h3ro

Just read on FM.net that there is a hack that allows you to not only unlock other peoples paints, but straight up upload them to your store front.

The Gearbox guys have already started pulling paints off their storefronts. :/

Thread in question on FM.net

h3ro said:
Just read on FM.net that there is a hack that allows you to not only unlock other peoples paints, but straight up upload them to your store front.

Fuck these fuckwits, seriously.

This would literally break someone's game.
If you put the time and effort (of which I have neither) into something like this, and I know it's 'just' a video game, it's just morally wrong.

1. How the fuck do these people figure out how to do this shit?

2. Why and how do they get away with it?

It's such a great and innovative addition to a racing game t10 have introduced us to, painting and storefronts etc, to have it reduced to nothingness by a couple of basement dwelling geeks.

I feel sorry for those affected.

It kinda irks me in the same fashion that the last enjoyable moments of F3 for me were tainted with unrealistic and glitchy tunes like two gear drag tunes, 3-gear circuit missile tunes and other annoying shit. What? People can't play on an even playing field, Mano e mano?

I love this rivals mode, where it's just man and stock machine against others. There should be more of this.

So anyway, update on Senna group leaderboard shortt sirket...???

Shaneus

h3ro said:

I've been doing a bit of googling and found a 360 savegame modifier that you run on your PC that reads 360-formatted USB sticks. Unfortunately, the latest update for this patcher is " Forza 4 Livery tool added". I can only assume that this means either you can download locked liveries and unlock them using this tool, or you can import any JPG or image file as a livery.

Either way, it fucking sucks that people are using these tools. They can also be used to score cheevos and mod avatars.

Top Bottom