• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Mascot said:
People bemoaned the loss of being able to tag cars as 'favourites' in FM3 (it was in FM2) for quickly finding your best rides, but there's an even better feature in FM4. If you use the grid view when selecting a car from your garage you can 'tag' multiple cars with the right trigger and put them in their own separate table (which you can create, edit and move). I've now got all my tuned cars in appropriate FClass, EClass, Dclass etc sections (accessed through the grid view) which makes selecting them an absolute breeze. You can even move the tables around to get them in the proper ascending/descending order.

There was a very similar mechanism in FM3. I tried it then and decided it wasn't for me (seemed a bit half-baked). Maybe it's more fully cooked now.

Shaneus said:
you can import any JPG or image file as a livery.

I doubt that will work-- one of the reasons to use layers of prebaked shapes is that you just have to transmit which shape, which colour, position, etc rather than an entire image, when you race online. Even with 5000 layers, it doesn't add up to much.

h3ro

Shaneus said:
I've been doing a bit of googling and found a 360 savegame modifier that you run on your PC that reads 360-formatted USB sticks. Unfortunately, the latest update for this patcher is " Forza 4 Livery tool added". I can only assume that this means either you can download locked liveries and unlock them using this tool, or you can import any JPG or image file as a livery.

Either way, it fucking sucks that people are using these tools. They can also be used to score cheevos and mod avatars.

This was posted in one of the Race Livery threads by one of the best livery painters out there, Armipotent Adam:

yG6KH.jpg

This sucks. Drop the hammer on the losers using this stuff, T10.

Sarcasm

The_Monk said:
Go to your Download History where you can see you info, change theme, etc, it should be there an option to check your latest downloads history.

Thanks. Good spot but also would make sense to see an option in active downloads or that pane even -.-

Jamie OD

VindictiveGnome said:
I had a weird encounter with the AI yesterday on Fujimi Kaido. Not sure what was happening.

The AI can be quite odd sometimes. I've had a lot of races where the car in 1st place just drives off the track at some point.

caramac

Yoritomo said:
The NSX is amazing, you guys need better throttle control.

Throttle control is key with that car, the more you keep some sort of power on the better.

But still, you can't polish a turd.

h3ro

m0dus said:
Shit like that takes the joy out of working for hours on a vinyl
I feel for you guys, it's really terrible. I hope this doesn't destroy the Design/Tune marketplace.

T10 really needs to nip this in the bud before it goes widespread.

Yoritomo

Shortt Sirket said:
Yes, as stated above, all times must be completed from 11:30 EST last night until Midnight EST on Sunday. Any times set outside of that time frame are not valid.

2:23.810

Just posted #90 on leaderboard.

Gamertag: yoritomo79

The NSX is just amazing. Balanced on the edge when driven that way, it'll point just where you want it. YOU HAVE TO rev match down shifts and be very very cognizant of weight transfer.

I've got a high 2:22 in me. Not going to switch to controller to try for the absolute fastest spots.

Okay, about to head to Ohio to eat at Quaker Steak and Lube and then see the Senna movie. The second I am back, I will update the Leaderboard! Remember, if you aren't in the GAF Club, PM me your GamerTag so I can verify your time. Thanks again guys, this thing is getting close!

Edit: okay, so now I'm not going..lol. I will update the list here in a sec...

m0dus said:
Shit like that takes the joy out of working for hours on a vinyl

That REALLY sucks.

Between this and the credit glitching, it just makes me angry. The unicorn auctions are already completely pointless because they immediately go to 999,999,999 CR. So basically the only way for anyone to get is a contest.

T10 should do console bans for anyone that is caught selling someone else's unlocked livery.

h3ro

Raudi said:
Uploaded to Storefront!
Grabbing all of these now! :)

Thanks to all the great artists that put all their time and effort into getting great liveries out there for us to use.

Seanspeed

Banned
op_ivy said:
sorry, but yeah. you get LOADS of cash for rivals that are higher up the leaderboard. try the autocross, as it seems pretty limited in competition. pick a higher ranked rival (say 100,000 cr) if you are killing your rival, sandbag the event a bit to win by as little as possible, then pick a new rival "near you" on the leaderboard to continuously rack up major credits.
Yea, thats what I'm doing with the Senna event. I do a couple laps to beat my rival, but then quit out and collect my money and XP. I've already beaten three different rivals for 150,000 credits(plus bonuses). And I'm usually quite far ahead, so I hit the brakes right near the end in order to have more guys to beat. I'm in the 1:25's, but I can probably get low-to-mid 1:24's if I wasn't purposefully hurting my own laptimes. I've already got an early DLC code, so I'm not really interested in the competition itself, but its a great way for me to make back that 1,000,000 credits I spent on the 458 race car.

Also, racing against some of your ghosts has shown me a couple things that I might be able to help y'all with. First of all, the car doesn't liked to be pushed hard. That might be off-putting to some, but go in with a different mindset and you'll do better. Its a car that demands smooth-driving. For example, DO NOT use your brakes through the S-turns. Keep a good line and simply let off the throttle to roll into the corners. Braking simply unsettles the car and ruins momentum(which is key). Another key is to find a good braking point for the last set of corners(right after 130R). You need to get through cleanly and without compromise in order to get a good exit.

Mascot said:
Been meaning to post this for a while as I don't think it's common knowledge.

People bemoaned the loss of being able to tag cars as 'favourites' in FM3 (it was in FM2) for quickly finding your best rides, but there's an even better feature in FM4. If you use the grid view when selecting a car from your garage you can 'tag' multiple cars with the right trigger and put them in their own separate table (which you can create, edit and move). I've now got all my tuned cars in appropriate FClass, EClass, Dclass etc sections (accessed through the grid view) which makes selecting them an absolute breeze. You can even move the tables around to get them in the proper ascending/descending order.

Hope that all makes sense. It's well worth a look.
This has definitely been helpful for me in keeping track of which cars are upgraded by me(or a tuner I bought from) and which are upgraded by the computer(which usually sucks).

eemijun said:
Does anybody know if the R15+ will be available to pick as a reward for driver level 50? I'm at 49 and if it is going to be, then ill wait to level up and save some credits.
Yep. I just got Level 50 myself and was happy to see the R15++ available as a pick.

sneaky77

I don't know how you guys using the clutch do it.. lol.. I did like 3 laps (I know is not many) but it was frustrating lol.. specially the getting out the curve I was trying to shitf to a higher gear before leaving like I saw mentioned but I kept spinning lol.. downshifting wasnt much better.

Seanspeed

Banned
sneaky77 said:
I don't know how you guys using the clutch do it.. lol.. I did like 3 laps (I know is not many) but it was frustrating lol.. specially the getting out the curve I was trying to shitf to a higher gear before leaving like I saw mentioned but I kept spinning lol.. downshifting wasnt much better.
I've finally gotten 100% used to it. I made the mistake of trying to roll from clutch to upshift thinking it was like real-life and I had to push the clutch in first, but it turns out I can just press both buttons at the same for perfect upshifts every time.

For downshifting, you need to blip the throttle as you shift down. Again, you can just press it all at the same time. This is more important for higher-powered cars as not blipping the throttle while trail-braking is an immediate lift-off oversteer moment(not technically lifting-off, but depressing the clutch has the same effect of cutting power).

Keep at it if you're already used to manually shifting. Make sure you've got the clutch mapped to 'A' and press 'A+B' at the same for upshifting and 'A+X+RT' for downshifting. It'll take a bit of getting used to, but its really not hard. Also make sure you press these buttons and immediately let go. Dont hold down these buttons for any length of time. Just hit them quick and worry about your throttle/brake/steering on-track. It'll become second nature very quickly.

Shortt Sirket said:
For the new page:

Introducing the First NeoGAF Rivals Challenge!

The event: The Senna Special Rival Challenge
Time Frame: Starting now and going until Sunday at Midnight EST.
The Prizes: Jube has been awesome enough to guarantee DLC Codes to the top 3 finishers.

That's it kids! Get out there and kick some ass. Only times set between now and Sunday at Midnight EST will count, so those who already set fast times might have their work cut out for them. Good luck!

Here are the times (for times sake, I am only going to post the Top 10):

1. Yoritomo79 - 2:23:810
2. Ox nagge - 2:23.823
3. Big Takeover - 2:24.666

4. OoDHOo - 2:25.505
5. P3tRaN - 2:25.525
6. massproduction - 2:25.957
7. Seanspeed - 2:26.321
8. Mc Kane - 2:26.877
9. REW138 - 2:27.398
10. CrudeDiatribe - 2:27.417

sneaky77

Shortt Sirket said:

I am 10 seconds away from #1 lol.. thats ridiculous how fast you guys are

Afternoon, ForzaGAF.

Just a quick note about my membership in the GAF car club. Work has been unbearable recently. I've managed a measly half hour of track time in a week.

If you guys want to make room for someone else in the interim by booting me, please do. I'm taking a spot someone else could put to much better use.

I'll be back in this thread as soon as work settles down a bit.

Seanspeed

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
Okay, about to head to Ohio to eat at Quaker Steak and Lube and then see the Senna movie. The second I am back, I will update the Leaderboard! Remember, if you aren't in the GAF Club, PM me your GamerTag so I can verify your time. Thanks again guys, this thing is getting close!

Edit: okay, so now I'm not going..lol. I will update the list here in a sec...
That movie........man. If you're a Senna fan, its great. If not, its the most completely biased and one-sided movie you'll ever see. By all means, they should celebrate his life, but they go to such lengths as to make Prost look like some super-villain and shit, which just wasn't the case at all. As a hardcore F1 fan, I didn't enjoy the movie. I thought they could have done a much better job of talking about how great he was without having to shit on other people so much and ignoring everything that Senna did wrong.

XShagrath

sneaky77 said:
I gave it a shot as well. 2:33:823 after 2 laps.

I'm not on the GAF team, but if you need to verify my time, my gamertag is the same as my username: XShagrath.

Seanspeed said:
That movie........man. If you're a Senna fan, its great. If not, its the most completely biased and one-sided movie you'll ever see. By all means, they should celebrate his life, but they go to such lengths as to make Prost look like some super-villain and shit, which just wasn't the case at all. As a hardcore F1 fan, I didn't enjoy the movie. I thought they could have done a much better job of talking about how great he was without having to shit on other people so much and ignoring everything that Senna did wrong.

Yeah, I have already seen it multiple times and even as a hardcore Senna fan I did find it fairly biased. I think the Top Gear Senna Tribute was honestly a better "tribute" than the actual documentary.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why is rewind taking me all the way back to the start of a lap, wtf? Was this patched in in the last day or something?

:|

EDIT: Seemed like a glitch. So is exiting to the splash screen then pressing A quickly afterwards to get back into the game in case you do it by accident.. you can never get back in >.<

sneaky77

Seanspeed said:
I've finally gotten 100% used to it. I made the mistake of trying to roll from clutch to upshift thinking it was like real-life and I had to push the clutch in first, but it turns out I can just press both buttons at the same for perfect upshifts every time.

For downshifting, you need to blip the throttle as you shift down. Again, you can just press it all at the same time. This is more important for higher-powered cars as not blipping the throttle while trail-braking is an immediate lift-off oversteer moment(not technically lifting-off, but depressing the clutch has the same effect of cutting power).

Keep at it if you're already used to manually shifting. Make sure you've got the clutch mapped to 'A' and press 'A+B' at the same for upshifting and 'A+X+RT' for downshifting. It'll take a bit of getting used to, but its really not hard. Also make sure you press these buttons and immediately let go. Dont hold down these buttons for any length of time. Just hit them quick and worry about your throttle/brake/steering on-track. It'll become second nature very quickly.

If I could apply this to pedals lol.. I'll keep messing about, if anyone using pedals with clutch wants to make a little movie showing their foot work lol

Fox Mulder

XShagrath said:
I gave it a shot as well. 2:33:823 after 2 laps.

I'm not on the GAF team, but if you need to verify my time, my gamertag is the same as my username: XShagrath.

I only got 2:28 or whatever, but I'm too hungover to improve it today. Not like I'd be able to match these top times anyways, I'm still weaning myself off the assists.

Seanspeed

Banned
sneaky77 said:
If I could apply this to pedals lol.. I'll keep messing about, if anyone using pedals with clutch wants to make a little movie showing their foot work lol
Ah, yea, I cant help much with that, then. lol

I'd be interested in knowing whether the clutch(pedal-operated) in this game is able to be modulated or is simply on/off like on the controller.

Shortt Sirket said:
Yeah, I have already seen it multiple times and even as a hardcore Senna fan I did find it fairly biased. I think the Top Gear Senna Tribute was honestly a better "tribute" than the actual documentary.
I haven't seen that, I need to check it out. He's such a fantastic driver and is completely deserving of a tribute movie, but to pretend he was some saint while everybody else was evil is wrong and takes away from who Senna really was. Its very dishonest.

nagge

Seanspeed said:
Ah, yea, I cant help much with that, then. lol

I'd be interested in knowing whether the clutch(pedal-operated) in this game is able to be modulated or is simply on/off like on the controller.

It behaves just like the gas and brake, so you can modulate it, trust me, I've broken quite a few gearboxes getting to grips with it ;)

Edit: and that's it for me in the Senna challenge, going to bed soon and hoping that my time will be enough :)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shortt Sirket said:

I am getting on.

Watch out guys lol. Gonna hit this like I hit Nurb GB fast pass.

Jamie OD

Seanspeed said:

It is a great movie, but I noticed how easy it would have been for the very same footage used to show Prost as the talented hero who kept his emotions under control and Senna as the reckless villain who wanted to win by any means necessary.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shortt Sirket said:
Okay, I am going to start with an any easy one. Guess the car and I will send you any car you want (that is under $250k bc I am broke).

Zonda Cinque R lol?

Also @ the gaf event track time challenge, you freaking beast Ox nagge.

nagge

Shortt Sirket said:
Okay, I am going to start with an any easy one. Guess the car and I will send you any car you want (that is under $250k bc I am broke).

[IMG.]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-e9Xb2-Btrto/Tq2tUbDnXeI/AAAAAAAACzo/rJGVSne7hiI/s800/Guess.jpg[/IMG]

R15++ ?

Haha, I have no idea, looks like some sort of LMP racer though.

Slayer: I'm pleased with the time, but I'm sure it can be bettered as the lap wasn't exactly perfect, I don't have the patient to grind with that car/track though.

cory021

Neo Member
Someone asked this on the last page, but I wanna know as well. What features are taken away when you don't have Xbox Live Gold? I'm assuming online racing is obviously disabled, but what about Rivals/Storefront/Auction house?

I'm canceling my Live subscription this Christmas since I hardly play MP games anymore, plus Forza and Skyrim will be the only games I play anymore.

sneaky77 said:

Seriously, I was looking at their times and I was easily 15+. Even with more improvement with the clutch and braking in/out of corners I have no chance ha!

And sorry to whomever asked to race earlier, I was letting the girlfriend race around at that time ... wasn't pretty (but at least she is).

Seanspeed

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
Seriously, I was looking at their times and I was easily 15+. Even with more improvement with the clutch and braking in/out of corners I have no chance ha!

And sorry to whomever asked to race earlier, I was letting the girlfriend race around at that time ... wasn't pretty (but at least she is).
Its cool. I was just harrassing you guys to no end to get people in. Sorry! I had to go soon anyways because the Patriots vs Steelers game is on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it a Ford Falcon V8 Supercar? Maybe a 360 Challenge (I don't even know if that's in the game). On second though, probably not a 360 Challenge.

Top Bottom