• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

h3ro

Shortt Sirket said:
Okay, whoever guesses this car actually wins whatever car it is!

Guess.jpg
#62 Italia?

Sorry I didn't accept any invites. I've got my profile on a thumb drive and at a friends.

Am I still P3 at Suzuka? I'm going to get EBay sniped at 11:55, aren't I?! GAH! I'm not going to get a chance to post another one, so come knock me off.

Shortt Sirket said:
Here are the times (for times sake, I am only going to post the Top 10):

1. Yoritomo79 - 2:23:810
2. Ox nagge - 2:23.823
3. Big Takeover - 2:24.666

4. OoDHOo - 2:25.505
5. P3tRaN - 2:25.525
6. massproduction - 2:25.957
7. Seanspeed - 2:26.321
8. Mc Kane - 2:26.877
9. REW138 - 2:27.398
10. CrudeDiatribe - 2:27.417

I think I'm gonna get in on this. Been taking a break from Forza 4 thanks to my new PC and Battlefield 3, but I'm ready to hit the track hard and try to get that #1 spot.

Mascot

Shortt Sirket said:
Okay, whoever guesses this car actually wins whatever car it is!

Guess.jpg

Holden V8?

edit: Damn, beaten, even if it's wrong.

BTW, whoever wins that Senna challenge deserves the prize. That car is fucking hateful to drive.

The Radical on the 'Ring, however: pure bliss. Best experience in FM4.

nagge said:
Ford SVT Cobra?
Dammit man! You are too good at this! I will send it (yes, I will, shut up) when I get back from dinner.

I will also do another car when I get back as this seems to be garnering some interest.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn was gonna say SVT Cobra or a Holden. Otherwise it's #40 Robertson Racing Ford GT Mk.7.

EDIT: Damn, should refresh from time to time haha. Congrats.

G Rom

I really like how DLC cars appear in races. I had already noticed the Giulietta in some races ever since I had redeemed my Subaru code but today I did a Multi class race and the 458 GT was there. It's a nice way to keep the grid fresh.

I played a bit more with the cars in career, I think my favorite cars from the pack are the 458 GT (dat sound !!), the Charger (with the Police front bumper of course ! :D) and the Chevy Bel Air. I haven't used the RS3 (which can almost look like a normal A3 thanks to Audi bumper/skirt) nor the Virage very much though, so I'll have to see for those.
I've already expressed my feelings for the new Focus and the Scirroco was pretty much already in the game so I haven't bothered to really try it.
Finally, I couldn't afford the R15++ so only briefly used it in hot lap. With the hood view, it's like you're riding a bull with those two pointy thing on the nose. I hope we get the R18 down the road though as that's way more bad ass IMO.

Edit:
Aventador on Laguna Seca video

F458 Italia on Road America video

Again, the winner gets gifted this wonderful (and cheapish) car when they guess it!

Guess.jpg

I will also update with the current standings in The Senna Special soon.

Yoritomo

2:23.541

I think that's it for me. Gonna spend time with family, too bad too I know where I'm losing about a half second.

Weird time that was reported on my machine and the time on the leaderboard are slightly different.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Shortt Sirket said:
Again, the winner gets gifted this wonderful (and cheapish) car when they guess it!

Guess.jpg

I will also update with the current standings in The Senna Special soon.

037? (not very cheap)

Hey Shortt Sirket,
I was organizing team races for fm3 over at another forum (ausrotary.com) and the way we did it was to hold time trials and a have a deadline to post a time.

If you were in the top four, say, you teamed up with a guy in the bottom four, say, and points were handed out accordingly - you just added the top four guys points to the bottom four guys points.

This was for racing online and I am unsure how you go about doing it with 100 club members, but perhaps this theory could be used in some way to allow the 'not so great/committed guys' a better chance.

We can't all throw 100 laps around a time trial to find that perfect line, some of us find it hard to justify time (I personally have just added to the family my first new mouth to feed) on the console at all sometimes.

So giving guys that are never going to be able to find 10 seconds a little help, and consistently so, a handicap maybe, might increase people's enjoyment of the game and these comps.

Just putting it out there...

Also, GAF team races would be boss: Someone picks a car, someone puts a tune up, someone in the two man team devises a paint scheme, then it's race day!!! Obviously geographical/timeline discrepancies might make that tricky. You can also do this with time trials.

Okay, this one turned out easier than I anticipated. So whoever gets it, enjoy your awesome car.

Guess.jpg

And here is the Leaderboard as of now for the GAF Senna Special:

GAF Club Senna Special - Ends Midnight 10/30 EST

1. Yoritomo79 - 2:23:541
2. Ox nagge - 2:23.615
3. P3tRaN - 2:24.330

4. Big Takeover - 2:24.666
5. Mc Kane - 2:25.253
6. OoDHOo - 2:25.505
7. massproduction - 2:25.957
8. Seanspeed - 2:26.321

A little under 2.5 hours guys!

evil_as_skeletor said:
Hey Shortt Sirket,
I was organizing team races for fm3 over at another forum (ausrotary.com) and the way we did it was to hold time trials and a have a deadline to post a time.

If you were in the top four, say, you teamed up with a guy in the bottom four, say, and points were handed out accordingly - you just added the top four guys points to the bottom four guys points.

This was for racing online and I am unsure how you go about doing it with 100 club members, but perhaps this theory could be used in some way to allow the 'not so great/committed guys' a better chance.

We can't all throw 100 laps around a time trial to find that perfect line, some of us find it hard to justify time (I personally have just added to the family my first new mouth to feed) on the console at all sometimes.

So giving guys that are never going to be able to find 10 seconds a little help, and consistently so, a handicap maybe, might increase people's enjoyment of the game and these comps.

Also, GAF team races would be boss: Someone picks a car, someone puts a tune up, someone in the two man team devises a paint scheme, then it's race day!!! Obviously geographical/timeline discrepancies might make that tricky. You can also do this with time trials.

Those are great ideas and I am up for anything that gets people more involved. I play this game damn near every day, so whatever people think is best is probably doable.

cory021 said:
Someone asked this on the last page, but I wanna know as well. What features are taken away when you don't have Xbox Live Gold? I'm assuming online racing is obviously disabled, but what about Rivals/Storefront/Auction house?

I'm canceling my Live subscription this Christmas since I hardly play MP games anymore, plus Forza and Skyrim will be the only games I play anymore.

You can do Rivals, and I'm pretty sure you can buy things from the storefront. You can't access a car club though.

sneaky77

Shortt Sirket said:

Those are great ideas and I am up for anything that gets people more involved. I play this game damn near every day, so whatever people think is best is probably doable.

I'll play it and participate no matter what, even though I know I am way off those times.

again if someone wants to put a video of them using pedals with clutch lol.. I would like to see the foot motion.

Also, my copy of Race Pro arrives tomorrow. I been checking videos and stuff, graphics arent great but it seems I am in for a good treat racing and sound wise.. molto excited. Also good prices on the dlc packs with tracks included.

Shaneus

Shortt Sirket said:
Okay, this one turned out easier than I anticipated. So whoever gets it, enjoy your awesome car.

Guess.jpg
Is that the Mercedes Stirling Moss thingy? I already have one, but would like to participate :)

For a new page:

Guess.jpg

evil_as_skeletor said:
Hey Shortt Sirket,

Goddamn you guys are fast.

One thing I wished they did is have either a standing start only or take away that last turn thing for invalidating lap. It's annoying when I think I have a good lap coming up and the triangle ! is still there when I start a new one.

Is there any reason for that? I don't get why a clean lap takes into account the previous 1 or 2 corners? Is that how it is actual racing when qualifying?

The only thing I could think of is so people don't back into grass on certain tracks or something so they are able to start a lap really fast ... I don't know, just seems weird.

Shortt Sirket said:

Yeah, I liked that idea. Randomness might be a good thing too. I'm all for the best getting awarded but holy jeebus some of you guys are animals! I tried for an hour and shaved off quite a few seconds. I know the corners I need to work on and get my timing down on though ... but I can't imagine taking 13 seconds off my score, probably 5 more ... then again, it's just practice and not accidentally slipping out on a corner (so frustrating!)

Maybe do a bracket. Like between the top 10 randomly pick 1, 10-20 pick one, 20-30, etc ... 100 people is a lot so unfortunately not everybody gets a prize but I'm sure 80% of the club will never be in the top 10 ...

... I am the 80%

*holds up paper with 2:40:+ on it*

Shaneus

I like the car guessing idea. I don't think you can gift unicorns outright (can you?) but if I come across anything super exxy or hard to come by, would be happy to kick something out in this thread :)

flyinpiranha said:

One thing I wished they did is have either a standing start only or take away that last turn thing for invalidating lap. It's annoying when I think I have a good lap coming up and the triangle ! is still there when I start a new one.

Is there any reason for that? I don't get why a clean lap takes into account the previous 1 or 2 corners? Is that how it is actual racing when qualifying?

The only thing I could think of is so people don't back into grass on certain tracks or something so they are able to start a lap really fast ... I don't know, just seems weird.
I only know on certain tracks which corners you have to take well. At Suzuka full, that massive left hander BEFORE the tight S you have to take correctly. Screw that up and, even though it's a long way before the start line, it will screw your next lap.

Shaneus said:
I like the car guessing idea. I don't think you can gift unicorns outright (can you?) but if I come across anything super exxy or hard to come by, would be happy to kick something out in this thread :)

I wish you could. And I am vaguely broke so the ones I am putting up aren't TOO expensive.

I am surprised nobody has guessed this yet, but a couple of people have been pretty close.

sneaky77

flyinpiranha said:

I think you answered your own question, but yeah in some tracks it seems like is the last 3 corners or so. Which is too much.. also the out of track detection is spotty at best, sometimes just hitting the curve barely flags you.

Shortt Sirket said:
I wish you could. And I am vaguely broke so the ones I am putting up aren't TOO expensive.

I am surprised nobody has guessed this yet, but a couple of people have been pretty close.
I need someone to guess this. I know what it is, but I just can't get it out. The more I stare at it, the less I know what it is!!! Brain is hurt.

Can I go with either Ford GT racecar or Diablo SVT? Those pointy mirrors are a bit off putting!

Also, can't you rewind past the point you effed up so as to start the next lap fresh... Sometimes it works, sometimes not though.

sneaky77 said:
I think you answered your own question, but yeah in some tracks it seems like is the last 3 corners or so. Which is too much.. also the out of track detection is spotty at best, sometimes just hitting the curve barely flags you.

So that is the reason? Makes sense. I wish it wasn't so stretched out on some tracks though. Like with the one we were doing for the competition, no reason to really have both of those turns in it. (bitching because I barely nicked the corner and had a great start into a lap and the "bad lap" was still there)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Either the old Diablo SV, the C12 or the C12 GR.

In a very estranged world where spoiler is wider than I imagine, the EB110 SS.

Shaneus

Shortt Sirket said:
Will do! Probably nothing over a few hundred grand and probably nothing that isn't a gift car but I'll try and throw some different stuff up :)

Jube's been generous enough to throw some stuff my way here and there, I'll just pay it forward a little bit.

eek5

flyinpiranha said:
So that is the reason? Makes sense. I wish it wasn't so stretched out on some tracks though. Like with the one we were doing for the competition, no reason to really have both of those turns in it. (bitching because I barely nicked the corner and had a great start into a lap and the "bad lap" was still there)
I've heard some people claim that it's the entire last "sector/checkpoint) that flags you. Basically the last point on the track that gives you a +/- time but I never verified it. It seems like a quick and easy way to code it but I wish they actually looked at the last turn on tracks and figured out where you set up unfair starts and flagged those zones instead.

evil_as_skeletor said:
I need someone to guess this. I know what it is, but I just can't get it out. The more I stare at it, the less I know what it is!!! Brain is hurt.

Can I go with either Ford GT racecar or Diablo SVT? Those pointy mirrors are a bit off putting!

Also, can't you rewind past the point you effed up so as to start the next lap fresh... Sometimes it works, sometimes not though.

DING DING! What is your GamerTag so I can send you the car?

And I agree that I would like to do something "different" for some of the Events. Some of us will just never be able to reach these upper level drivers. I was thinking some drifting maybe, maybe some bracket drag racing, or even some "rallye" style racing where we see who can hit a predetermined time the closest.

Edit: Here is the new car!

Guess.jpg

PS:

ONE MORE HOUR LEFT ON THE SENNA SPECIAL!

Fox Mulder

evil_as_skeletor said:
You can rewind, but it will still be a dirty lap for doing it.

You will start the next lap fresh if you ran the final timed segment clean. So if you mess up in that, a rewind is beneficial.

Top Bottom