• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

bkfount said:
You can rewind, but it will still be a dirty lap for doing it.

You will start the next lap fresh if you ran the final timed segment clean. So if you mess up in that, a rewind is beneficial.
I don't think so, I've done it a number of times. I think just after the long 4th gear (probably 5th for NAGGE) left hand sweeper before the esses.

Maybe I just got lucky.

Thanks Shortt Sirket. My GT is REW138.

We should do BADNED style cryptic clues too, lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
...most generic profile ever. That's a toughie.

It's probably a BMW or Audi I bet. Guessing Shelby Daytona Coupe for some insurance.

ATTENTION: This is OPTIONAL, I repeat, OPTIONAL

I put a shitty dollar sign vinyl up on my storefront for $50k. If any GAF Club Members would like to contribute some to these prizes, buying that vinyl will help me out. I want to be able to offer some nice cars/payouts for these events, but I don't have a lot of money in the game. The game shows how many times each vinyl has been downloaded, so that is an easy to to tell how much I have earned and how much I am giving away. I will not keep any of the money for myself, I just want to be able to offer more than like $40K cars for these prizes and any upcoming events.

If you don't want to, or you don't trust me, I completely understand and it is fine. If you want to buy a bunch of them to help, that is also fine. Again, this is optional and I thought it would be a fairly easy way to get some money for prizes.

Thanks.

PS: Nobody is even close with the guessing so far. And I deliberately picked a fairly generic looking profile to make it harder.

PSS: Has anyone received their Unicorns from the Game with the Devs thing on Thurs night?

Shortt Sirket said:
ATTENTION: This is OPTIONAL, I repeat, OPTIONAL

(Donating money to Shortt Sirket)
I'm totally doing this.
Put a few up so we can contribute more than once...

Just saw this and it pissed me the hell off:
zSnNE.jpg

(I will take it off here if anyone requests...)

Edit: removed name.

Shortt Sirket said:

Introducing the First NeoGAF Rivals Challenge!

The event: The Senna Special Rival Challenge
Time Frame: Starting now and going until Sunday at Midnight EST.
The Prizes: Jube has been awesome enough to guarantee DLC Codes to the top 3 finishers.

That's it kids! Get out there and kick some ass. Only times set between now and Sunday at Midnight EST will count, so those who already set fast times might have their work cut out for them. Good luck!

Here are the final results:
1. Yoritomo79 - 2:23:541
2. Ox nagge - 2:23.615
3. P3tRaN - 2:24.330

4. Big Takeover - 2:24.666
5. Mc Kane - 2:25.253
6. OoDHOo - 2:25.505
7. massproduction - 2:25.957
8. Seanspeed - 2:26.321
9. Union 360 - 2:26.831
10. REW138 - 2:27.398

Congrats to Yoritomo, Nagge and P3Tran! I will PM Jube the information. I will also try to figure out something interesting to give to the other 7 people in the Top Ten. Not sure what yet, but I will try to send something out tomorrow.

Guess the Car!
And, since nobody has guessed the car yet, here it is again:

Guess.jpg

Shortt Sirket said:
Here are the final results:
1. Yoritomo79 - 2:23:541
2. Ox nagge - 2:23.615
3. P3tRaN - 2:24.330

4. Big Takeover - 2:24.666
5. Mc Kane - 2:25.253
6. OoDHOo - 2:25.505
7. massproduction - 2:25.957
8. Seanspeed - 2:26.321
9. Union 360 - 2:26.831
10. REW138 - 2:27.398

Congrats to Yoritomo, Nagge and P3Tran! I will PM Jube the information. I will also try to figure out something interesting to give to the other 7 people in the Top Ten. Not sure what yet, but I will try to send something out tomorrow.

Guess the Car!
And, since nobody has guessed the car yet, here it is again:

Guess.jpg
Congratulations guys.

skyfinch

Shortt Sirket said:
Can you not buy the same vinyl more than once?

PS: 10 minutes left!!!!

Nope. I tried buying 10 of one but only got 1. End up buying all 4 designs. Put up more and I'll buy some.

nagge

Esprit Turbo?

And thank you for organizing the contest Shortt, great work and I'm looking forward to the next one :)

sneaky77 said:
again if someone wants to put a video of them using pedals with clutch lol.. I would like to see the foot motion.

I'll try to capture a short video later, just so you can get the idea, I am by no means the best heal/toer out there ;)

Do you guys think I'll go quicker using a controller or the MS wireless wheel I have been using?

It's hard to feather and mediate throttle with the clunky standard MS wheel pedals.

I've already got half a foam ball under my brake pedal to compensate...

What setup do you use NAGGE?

nagge

evil_as_skeletor said:
Do you guys think I'll go quicker using a controller or the MS wireless wheel I have been using?

It's hard to feather and mediate throttle with the clunky standard MS wheel pedals.

I've already got half a foam ball under my brake pedal to compensate...

What setup do you use NAGGE?

Doesn't matter what's quicker, wheel is the way to go ;)

I'm using a Fanatec CSR with the CSP. Previous two Forza titles I've used the MS-wheel and while it might not be as good, it sure feels better than a controller.

Although I have tried the controller (without clutch) and it feels quite good as well, but as I said, no way am I using a controller when I have the option to use a wheel, regardless if it's faster or not.

I put together a test car paint for BMW Z4 GT3 with full carbon body and stuff, might not be well visible on the pictures but it's there lol. Might be very simple paint but I like it anyway. If anyone likes it give it a try, it's up on my storefront. Cheers HD

BTW, thank you guys for the comments and support with previous paints, much appreciated.

6297376367_774ca3f16a_z.jpg

6297376371_736bd34d65_z.jpg

6297376375_c2d42bb114_z.jpg

sneaky77

nagge said:

I agree with this statement, I am by no means anywhere near the top guys, but I am having lots more fun with wheel and pedals than I ever did with a controller.

Donut,

that car looks ace. I'll purchase it later if I have the funds lol.

nagge said:

I'm using a Fanatec CSR with the CSP. Previous two Forza titles I've used the MS-wheel and while it might not be as good, it sure feels better than a controller.

Although I have tried the controller (without clutch) and it feels quite good as well, but as I said, no way am I using a controller when I have the option to use a wheel, regardless if it's faster or not.
Well yeah, I totally agree.
It's like chalk and cheese.

sneaky77

nagge said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Vd2DjrqQpg

My first youtube video, hope it shows something, just did a quick race now before the gym to show how I do things at least :)

Thanks, I think I need better at timing the downshifting, it was causing me to miss my breaking points a lot, and also shifting out the corner wasn't working out too good for me, I only did a few laps so one with more time I shall sit down and practice more.

Iknos

The competition through the Rivals mode is a great idea. I shouldn't have bothered and probably spent the few moments of free time I had doing the data transfer to the new Xbox.

Beat the lowest time and wanted to see if I earned credits and I did. Started another one and then on the second lap it froze on me. :(

For my schedule the timeframe would be too short to participate in all of these sorts of events I think each week for an event would be good. That way you can have points and rankings and all that.

Rivals is nice because we can compete while being in different time zones and not have to coordinate races and worry about our personal schedules getting in the way. So while I couldn't really participate I look forward to the next ones.

sneaky77

Iknos said:
The competition through the Rivals mode is a great idea. I shouldn't have bothered and probably spent the few moments of free time I had doing the data transfer to the new Xbox.

Beat the lowest time and wanted to see if I earned credits and I did. Started another one and then on the second lap it froze on me. :(

For my schedule the timeframe would be too short to participate in all of these sorts of events I think each week for an event would be good. That way you can have points and rankings and all that.

Rivals is nice because we can compete while being in different time zones and not have to coordinate races and worry about our personal schedules getting in the way. So while I couldn't really participate I look forward to the next ones.

I agree Rivals mode is amazing, I hope they add more events next month and keep it fresh

Aurarian

Lancia Stratos? It's definitely not American though. At first, I thought it might be the Dino 246 GT from Ferrari but the back doesn't fit at all.

p3tran

Banned
an aventador event plus motegi in traffic and euro drag <500hp
pretty sweet
also looks like my r3 viper will have some work in catalunya

senador

Banned
Is there no AI in this game? Does difficulty ramp up?

I got this game today and got to level 5 and thr only time I don't take first is if I crash terribly or have a series of bad events. Even after some terrible crashes I can redeem several spots to finish well. What's up?

p3tran

Banned
senador said:

I got this game today and got to level 5 and thr only time I don't take first is if I crash terribly or have a series of bad events. Even after some terrible crashes I can redeem several spots to finish well. What's up?
yeah, it ramps up. but if you are in a hurry, detune your car a little ;)

sneaky77

senador said:

The world tour AI is supposed to Ramp Up as you advance seasons.

Are you playing in simulation with damage or do you have all the assists on? Cause if you have terrible crashes in simulation I have had issues with control or breaking gearbox, etc.

If you do events via the event list view then you can manually choose the AI settings and set it to be more advanced.

senador

Banned
I have most assists off and damage is on limited. I'll detune the cars if it doesn't get tougher. Good to know about the events list. Thanks guys!

Seanspeed

Banned
H3rTz DoNuT said:
I put together a test car paint for BMW Z4 GT3 with full carbon body and stuff, might not be well visible on the pictures but it's there lol. Might be very simple paint but I like it anyway. If anyone likes it give it a try, it's up on my storefront. Cheers HD

BTW, thank you guys for the comments and support with previous paints, much appreciated.

6297376367_774ca3f16a_z.jpg

6297376371_736bd34d65_z.jpg

6297376375_c2d42bb114_z.jpg
I need this.

nagge

I wish there was an easier way of getting to peoples storefronts rather than manually typing in the GT in the searchbox. Why not get the option to go to a players storefront when selecting a player in the leaderboards or in the club menu?

I'm getting that Z4GT and will buy shortts vinyls as well.

sneaky77

nagge said:
I wish there was an easier way of getting to peoples storefronts rather than manually typing in the GT in the searchbox. Why not get the option to go to a players storefront when selecting a player in the leaderboards or in the club menu?

I'm getting that Z4GT and will buy shortts vinyls as well.

or just select club members storefront as a storefront option

p3tran

Banned
nagge said:
there is the "favorite" function.
when on a storefront page you like, hit Y and select add to favorites.
then, anytime from your own storefront you can hit Y and select favorite storefronts from a list.
also, you can use this function to follow favorites in leaderboards too.

nagge

p3tran said:
there is the "favorite" function.
when on a storefront page you like, hit Y and select add to favorites.
then, anytime from your own storefront you can hit Y and select favorite storefronts from a list.
also, you can use this function to follow favorites in leaderboards too.

I'll check that out, doesn't help when first wanting to look at a players storefront though :/

Btw, have you gotten the DLC code yet? I guess they are asleep over in the US...

p3tran

Banned
I find it helpful, but what you say (having a "goto his storefront" option next to any gamertag you hover over) is better for quick look, while fav option is good for cataloging.

no code for me either. wake up dudes!!

p.s. bigtakeover, sorry I beat you man, but you should know better than beating me in the first place :pPp

Mascot

Seanspeed said:
I need this.

Yep, I *heart* all of HD's liveries.

Fuck, I wish AI cars would pull liveries from my design catalogue.

PS whoever asked about adaptive AI in career mode: it's fucked. I'm over level 60 and there has been zero challenge. Is there any word from T10 about this? Needs patching, stat. I would gladly restart career if they did fix it.

Mascot said:
Yep, I *heart* all of HD's liveries.

Fuck, I wish AI cars would pull liveries from my design catalogue.

PS whoever asked about adaptive AI in career mode: it's fucked. I'm over level 60 and there has been zero challenge. Is there any word from T10 about this? Needs patching, stat. I would gladly restart career if they did fix it.
Turn10 just need to make the AI braking zones better, right now they slow down the AI too much no matter what.

Nobody has guessed it right. Since people have been awesome enough to help by buying my liveries, the winner of this round gets the car of their choice (as long as I have the cash.)

And it is not American, or Italian. Someone has guessed quite close tho...

Because vinyls are capped at $50k and people have been asking to donate more, I have put some Pink Absrth 500s up on Auction with buyouts of $500k, Million, etc. Thanks again guys and I have a fun idea for the next competition.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Shortt Sirket said:
Nobody has guessed it right. Since people have been awesome enough to help by buying my liveries, the winner of this round gets the car of their choice (as long as I have the cash.)

And it is not American, or Italian. Someone has guessed quite close tho...
Exige?

Majanew

Banned
senador said:

No, it doesn't ramp up. The world tour is a cake-walk. The only thing the AI can do is all slam into each other at the first turn of the race and you have to make it through since they start you in the middle all of the time.

Mascot

Diablohead said:
Turn10 just need to make the AI braking zones better, right now they slow down the AI too much no matter what.
Seems like AI cars are programmed to touch their brakes whenever they lift off the throttle. It's fucking stupid, as is AI brake lights flashing like strobes. Seems they can't apply analogue pressure to the brakes, they have to flick them on/off digitally.

Loads of little annoyances in FM4, but they all add up.

nagge said:

You are not allowed to use anything that can make you go faster!

Congratulations to all the winners too!

I'll buy the designs when I get home today. Cool competition though! I actually really improved my time by slowly going up the ladder, stagnated at around 2:40, a few more laps could have pushed that to 2:35 but I had to make dinner for the girl and her dad who was visiting.
Majanew said:
No, it doesn't ramp up. The world tour is a cake-walk. The only thing the AI can do is all slam into each other at the first turn of the race and you have to make it through since they start you in the middle all of the time.
Ha, so true. The AI really is absolutely terrible. I am by no mans a bad driver but I know I haven't improved that much over 3. If I put the game on Hard or above I'd routinely come in 3rd or later. Now I have every assist off except rewind and damage and I'm 1/2 a lap ahead of them most of the time by the time a race finishes.

It sucks they're so bumper car-ish because I've wanted to get some good pictures but by the time I come out of the early corners my car is all banged to hell.

Pepto said:
I'm #7 on the GAF Senna challenge and I'm having trouble with the AI on the S-class and faster races. I guess the AI scaling is a bit off.

What level are you? I've raced a couple S-classes and I've blown them out of the water ... but again I'm only level 31 or so.

Top Bottom