• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Mr.Green said:
It's a '98 Hippopotamus amphibius.
That's a D Class, better upgrade to R3:
4120b8dd.jpg

SarBear

Seriously, when the fuck is Rivals going to be available? I've got some serious time dominating/ego boosting/bragging rights/fucking you over to get to.

nagge

SarBear said:
Seriously, when the fuck is Rivals going to be available? I've got some serious time dominating/ego boosting/bragging rights/fucking you over to get to.

Yea I didn't get to do any rivals racing tonight :(

skyfinch

SarBear said:

It's working for me.

Edit, nevermind. Won't let me start a race.

Started the game properly today ( had to finish some other stuff first ) and it's fun.
I can't seem to get the PQ right though. It looks too white or too black ( black and white crush ) . Should I change the settings on my 360? Or any other suggestions?

My settings are:
- reference level: standard
- hdmi colorspace: YCbCr709

Normally this works great for me. Got a Sony Bravia KDL40W4000 btw.

Try the Intermediate settings on the Xbox and Expanded on the TV, it gets rid of a lot of the crush at the expense of the black level.

There's no night races so no need for the deepest blacks and you will still have to dial brightness/contrast and saturation to your liking but I think it looks much better than the default look.

This will screw your photomode up for everyone else though.

drugstore_cowboy said:
Try the Intermediate settings on the Xbox and Expanded on the TV, it gets rid of a lot of the crush at the expense of the black level.

There's no night races so no need for the deepest blacks and you will still have to dial brightness/contrast and saturation to your liking but I think it looks much better than the default look.

This will screw your photomode up for everyone else though.

Thanks! Gonna give it a try! btw...My photo's are not that great anyway :D

Pepto

Banned
Wow, the AI is crushing me in the DTM challenge. I got no grip out of corners. Maybe it's time to turn on traction control...

Iknos

Not planning In getting BF3 or MW3.

This fall it's all 4za and Spec II and some F1.

I will also not check out Autovista. Haven't seen one yet.

And I'm not buying DLC until T10 puts sim steering in.

Fox Mulder

bloodforge said:
Love the Aventador.

Would totally buy a Lamborghini autovista pack.

yeah, I tried it out a bit in the career. I wanted to use it in rivals but the servers were down, just not the same racing stupid AI.

Shaneus

evil_as_skeletor said:
My guess: Bugatti Veyron.

Also, I thought they were doing 1 autovista car per pack. I guess I was wrong...
I think that was the hope, though it was never explicitly mentioned. The car pack itself was only 100mb, so there's no way that anything remotely AV-ish made it's way in there. The audio alone would be around that size.

Shaneus said:
I think that was the hope, though it was never explicitly mentioned. The car pack itself was only 100mb, so there's no way that anything remotely AV-ish made it's way in there. The audio alone would be around that size.
That kinda blows, but it's not that I use AV everytime I play.

Seanspeed

Banned
I dont give a shit about Autovista. Give me some good, fun cars to drive and I'm happy, and Turn 10 have delivered that in spades.

Yeah, I've just been busy, sadly it's not even other games! Hopefully this Sunday and some of the weekday afternoons before the weeks over.

I want to drive that Chevy damnit!

sneaky77

it was fun to race with you guys, even if those muscle cars are uncontrollable lol.. I think is the first time I race with them in 4.

I won't be able to play until the weekend at the earliest as uni coursework and exams are kicking my ass at the moment. Feels bad, man.

I popped on for a bit last night to check out some storefronts and picked up eek5's awesome Hankook-Farnbacher livery for the 458 GT, (seriously impressive work, my friend). I'm constantly amazed at what some of you guys are able to do by shuffling shapes around.

Since we have so many Google docs maybe we should setup a makeshift calendar or something, on the fly is good but it would be cool to get a couple rooms going we can all switch back and forth from.

too bad they didn't flesh out the club idea a little more. A calendar and a message of the day would be great.

flyinpiranha said:
Since we have so many Google docs maybe we should setup a makeshift calendar or something, on the fly is good but it would be cool to get a couple rooms going we can all switch back and forth from.

too bad they didn't flesh out the club idea a little more. A calendar and a message of the day would be great.
That is actually a brilliant idea. I can set up a Calendar and we can all put when we are available online. Can put GAF name and GamerTag.

Sorry I wasn't responding tonight, I had six girls at my place hanging out. It can be a bit hard to find some gaming time with that! Lol

sneaky77

Shortt Sirket said:
That is actually a brilliant idea. I can set up a Calendar and we can all put when we are available online. Can put GAF name and GamerTag.

Sorry I wasn't responding tonight, I had six girls at my place hanging out. It can be a bit hard to find some gaming time with that! Lol

Showing off?

Gor@n

Neo Member
On a mission to pick up majority of the cars from the AH dirt cheap. Have got around 50-60 for 1600 crs each. Granted alot are cheap cars to begin with (buy price 10k), but i did pick up a Bertone Mantide for 5k. Its virtually impossible to find a Ferrari for cheap, or any evo or Subaru.

Would help if they had the option to view the AH in list format, i don't really care how the car looks, all i want to know is the price and how much time is left.

eek5

Gor@n said:
On a mission to pick up majority of the cars from the AH dirt cheap. Have got around 50-60 for 1600 crs each. Granted alot are cheap cars to begin with (buy price 10k), but i did pick up a Bertone Mantide for 5k. Its virtually impossible to find a Ferrari for cheap, or any evo or Subaru.

Would help if they had the option to view the AH in list format, i don't really care how the car looks, all i want to know is the price and how much time is left.
There are a couple guys making a killing on AH. I found one guy that had over 100 listings for the daytona, mantide, and a couple other ferraris. He pushed the Daytona price from 5-800k to 2 million over the course of 3-4 days. I checked his profile and he was only level 17. LOL

Mascot

CrudeDiatribe said:
Why is no one online?!?
I had a couple of invites last night from GAFfers (thanks chaps) but was heading for an early night, and was also swapping Rivals times with an old friend from PGR days. I managed a top-250 time which I was well chuffed about but the bastard immediately pipped me by a couple of thousands of a second. I therefore spent the next hour trying to beat it. So much for the early night..!

Man, Rivals is such a superb addition to Forza.

Top Bottom