• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Diablohead said:
if you are a smooth driver it doesn't matter, I find the only difference with normal and sim is the lack of auto counter steering when the back of the car let's loose in turns which would ruin a fast lap anyway.

Except that I noticed when chasing a ghost that the back of the car breaking loose didn't really slow down my car at all. Once of my main criticisms. Also, I'm not good with the Pad, but that seems a lot harder. As if assists can't be turned off when driving with the wheel.

guest1321

Liquidsnake said:
Is it possible to gift a car to someone for them to tune?
You can gift the car to someone but I'm fairly certain that after they tune it the car becomes "locked" and ungiftable. I think the better thing to do if you were trying to achieve the same goal is to have someone create a tuning set-up for that car, then upload it to the Storefront for you to buy at a later time. Or maybe you can just gift a a tune? I don't know if that is possible.

G Rom

Just fired up the game during Champion's League's halftime, damn you nagge !! :D

In other news, anyone can beat 2,260 Cr. for a Bertone Mantide ? :lol

Seanspeed

Banned
Xanadu said:
well i'm bored of the game already, great multiplayer though
Multiplayer/online is where its at.

And classic Xanadu 'shit on Forza, but say a little something nice so as to not sound like the basher I am' comment. thumbs up

Gor@n

Neo Member
eemijun said:
Share your wisdom on getting cheap cars in the auction house.

IMO there are no secrets, its a combination of luck and timing. Find a car with the base 1000cr price and bid once and hope no one bids on it LOL. Some cars you'll be hard pressed to find cheap like any of the ferraris and lamborghinis. You can pick up alot of the japanese cars cheap and some of the american cars excluding the old muscle cars.

I limit my searches to cars under 30,000 credits, don't want to scroll through cars with 10 million buyouts. I also tend to stop bidding when the car has reached half its value, however there are exceptions. The most i've paid for a car on the AH is 300k fir a Zonda R.

Also level rewards cars tend to go cheaper than others as there's alot of them on the AH.

G Rom said:
In other news, anyone can beat 2,260 Cr. for a Bertone Mantide ? :lol

Agh...you beat me LOL, picked up mine for 5k, not that i'll use it anytime soon. Still searching for cheap ferraris, but i fear its a worthless cause.

Kryten

About the only Ferrari you're going to find cheap is the 330 P4 - I've picked up two now for 300k each and so far the math on buying that car in the AH and taking the Daytona as the level 30 reward has worked out just fine.

MJLord

Guys I've been on the fence for FM4 for a while.

Is it significantly better than FM3 to warrent buying it ?
Whats the general verdict ?

DasRaven

Kryten said:
About the only Ferrari you're going to find cheap is the 330 P4 - I've picked up two now for 300k each and so far the math on buying that car in the AH and taking the Daytona as the level 30 reward has worked out just fine.

Indeed, I got my 330P4 for 400k and took the Daytona as the L30 reward.
Just remember, anything that is offered as a level reward has an effective market price of "LOL FREE! (100cr)" so anything you pay over that is profit to the previous owner.

Hopefully, after I unlock the exclusive taste achievement, I can find a sucker to resell them to.

DasRaven

MJLord said:

The general verdict is, "Just Buy It!"

My opinion is...
How did you spend your time in FM3? Some aspects are pretty much the same (painting, tuning) some are dramatically better (lighting, online).
You'll have the Porsches in FM3, but you'll never see any new models and I imagine the hoppers are pretty empty there now.

Is the online in this game a mess for anyone else? It is taking forever to join games and even if I get into one it's glitching out once the timer hits zero. I wonder if it's a connection issue with someone in my party, well at least I hope it is.

MJLord

DasRaven said:
The general verdict is, "Just Buy It!"

My opinion is...
How did you spend your time in FM3? Some aspects are pretty much the same (painting, tuning) some are dramatically better (lighting, online).
You'll have the Porsches in FM3, but you'll never see any new models and I imagine the hoppers are pretty empty there now.

I'm not too bothered about missing porsches there are plenty of other cars out there :p

I used to just race online, time trials (against myself) which led to a little tuning but i never got good at it xD

I'v just finished batman so I'm thinking i can get a good trade in price with it. I know trade ins are "bad" but I'm a pennyless student what u gonna do ? :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MJLord said:

I think the game is better than FM4, it honestly feels like a better game in every single aspect except the AI.

I truly think it's one of the best racing game packages of content ever made.

If you liked time trials, you will LOVVVVVVVEEEEEE Rivals mode.

MJLord

enzo_gt said:
I think the game is better than FM4, it honestly feels like a better game in every single aspect except the AI.

I truly think it's one of the best racing game packages of content ever made.

If you liked time trials, you will LOVVVVVVVEEEEEE Rivals mode.

That settles It ! On friday I will pop down to game and buy FM4 !

And thrash you ALL :p

G Rom

Just grabbed the GT40 for 225,000 Cr. (buyout).
I agree on the Ferrari, I'm looking for deals on the F40, F40C, F50GT, FXX and 599XX but it's just impossible to get them cheap. The only good Ferrari deal I got on the AH was for the GTB that I paid a bit less than half what it really costs.

I find bids really hit or miss. For example I put my bid on the Mantide when there was more than 1h left, just before I left home. I was actually surprised to see that I had won it when coming back. One thing I hate is how the game stretches the last minute, it's fucking annoying. I was monitoring my bids while watching the match (PAP FTW !) and the last minute took like 5 or 10 minutes to complete in some cases. Obviously the prices skyrocket when this happen.

Shortt Sirket said:
I really liked the Bentley 8 Litre you get for doing half the challenges.
I didn't expect that! It's a shame we couldn't drive it, though. The model and audio was made, wonder why they didn't make it driveable.

eemijun

Neo Member
Gor@n said:
IMO there are no secrets, its a combination of luck and timing. Find a car with the base 1000cr price and bid once and hope no one bids on it LOL. Some cars you'll be hard pressed to find cheap like any of the ferraris and lamborghinis. You can pick up alot of the japanese cars cheap and some of the american cars excluding the old muscle cars.

I limit my searches to cars under 30,000 credits, don't want to scroll through cars with 10 million buyouts. I also tend to stop bidding when the car has reached half its value, however there are exceptions. The most i've paid for a car on the AH is 300k fir a Zonda R.

Also level rewards cars tend to go cheaper than others as there's alot of them on the AH.

Thanks for the tips, thats what I started doing today. Found the non-vip auctions and found some good buyout prices, a DBS for 10k, Jaguar GT2 for 200K.

Xanadu

Banned
Seanspeed said:
Multiplayer/online is where its at.

And classic Xanadu 'shit on Forza, but say a little something nice so as to not sound like the basher I am' comment. thumbs up
i'm not exactly shitting on it am i haha

Seanspeed

Banned
Xanadu said:
i'm not exactly shitting on it am i haha
If this game bores you, then you're doing something wrong. Stop playing single-player races all the time. Yes, you're shitting on the game because we all know its a fantastic, awesome game and you just want to make it sound bad by saying you're getting bored of it. You're boring, man.

Xanadu

Banned
Seanspeed said:
If this game bores you, then you're doing something wrong. Stop playing single-player races all the time. Yes, you're shitting on the game because we all know its a fantastic, awesome game and you just want to make it sound bad by saying you're getting bored of it. You're boring, man.
holy shit forza defence force!

Xanadu

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
I mean, if you aren't good enough to hang with us that is fine. :p Just some friendly competition is always fun!
lol i really dont care about gaf club or whatever, i've beaten all of my friends on rivals mode though

Xanadu said:
lol i really dont care about gaf club or whatever, i've beaten all of my friends on rivals mode though

Uh huh...I am sure you have! I mean, if you can't handle our skill, we understand. LOL

Seriously man, we run some fun Events. You should join!

Xanadu

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
Uh huh...I am sure you have! I mean, if you can't handle our skill, we understand. LOL

Seriously man, we run some fun Events. You should join!
haha i'll pass i'm not too liked in the forza community, i even got a message over xbox live from someone saying stop making gran turismo liveries lmao

Xanadu said:
haha i'll pass i'm not too liked in the forza community, i even got a message over xbox live from someone saying stop making gran turismo liveries lmao

Hey, what Rivals events did you run? I want to find you to race you, but I can't find the ones you have done.

Xanadu

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
Hey, what Rivals events did you run? I want to find you to race you, but I can't find the ones you have done.
the first 3 or 4? i cant remember i did them on release day and havent been back since, i mostly play online and paint cars as i'm bored of career

Well, there is the time, when the paint is finally done and what's left is to let everyone know that it's done, so here I am, telling you that BSIM RACING BMW Z4GT3 is finally done. It was my first real attempt at something different and I'm must tell you that I couldn't be more happy than I'm right now. It's one of my best and favorite paints for sure and with that being said I won't stop here. I have a bigger brother in works and it's also FIA GT paint, cause I'm really getting in love with it.

Anyway, I don't want to read all this crap so below are the pictures of the Belgian Sim Racing Z4GT3, enjoy. As usual, downloads, rates and feedback is more than welcome.

Cheers, HD

BMW Z4GT3 --- BSIM RACING --- FIA GT

6307356631_73bbcd300d_z.jpg

6307375791_35e0e70e46_z.jpg

6307375797_b22086dcb8_z.jpg

6307375793_b8abdc64ac_z.jpg

So, I have a Mustang Boss 429, Lamborghini Miura P400, Bugatti Veyron 16.4, Bartone Mantide, #12 Calsonic Impul GT-R, and a #04 Audi A4 Touring Car that I'm going to put in the auction house soon. Anybody interested in a trade or something? I'm interested in purchasing a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento.

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Well, there is the time, when the paint is finally done and what's left is to let everyone know that it's done, so here I am, telling you that BSIM RACING BMW Z4GT3 is finally done. It was my first real attempt at something different and I'm must tell you that I couldn't be more happy than I'm right now. It's one of my best and favorite paints for sure and with that being said I won't stop here. I have a bigger brother in works and it's also FIA GT paint, cause I'm really getting in love with it.

Anyway, I don't want to read all this crap so below are the pictures of the Belgian Sim Racing Z4GT3, enjoy. As usual, downloads, rates and feedback is more than welcome.

Cheers, HD

BMW Z4GT3 --- BSIM RACING --- FIA GT

6307356631_73bbcd300d_z.jpg

6307375791_35e0e70e46_z.jpg

6307375797_b22086dcb8_z.jpg

6307375793_b8abdc64ac_z.jpg
Motherfuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
That is a serious livery. Absolutely perfect.
Well done.

Ps, how on earth do you find the time to knock these out so quickly? I can't find to create a single vinyl or even race half the time!!!

Thanks mate, really appreciate :) Well this isn't fast, back in Forza 3 when I had more time I was releasing new paint's daily, there was almost something new each day or every other day, but it was when I had time now I have a lot of stuff on my head so I paint only when I get some spare time.

Xanadu

Banned
soundscream said:
Strange since you dont have the rivals shootout achievement.
i've been playing mostly offline since i can only connect to the internet on one device at a time, but i have done at least 3 rivals modes that i remember. strange how you cared to check though :)

I have 2 car credits and I have no clue how I got them. I never bought any.

Edit: I went to buy the Subaru Advan Impreza and I swear it said I HAD 2 car tokens. I looked to see how much some of the Ferraris cost and it says I have no car tokens. Stupid stupid me. I think I was reading how many car tokens the car cost, not how many I have. My bad. Still...I swear I was reading it correctly. I'm going to back away slowly now...no one try anything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
VindictiveGnome said:
I have 2 car credits and I have no clue how I got them. I never bought any.
Oh shit, maybe they came with the car pack?

That'd be a good way of handling the "I bought cars but still have to pay for them in-game" thing. Or have they already announced something of the sort?

enzo_gt said:

That'd be a good way of handling the "I bought cars but still have to pay for them in-game" thing. Or have they already announced something of the sort?
I just bought the Charger from the pack. This saves me a bit of money! I think I might get a few car tokens to pay for the most expensive Ferrari cars.

Shaneus

enzo_gt said:

Or maybe they're throwing them in with each pack. Awesome idea that definitely eases the "wah I bought cars pack why I use in game credits still?" whinging.

On a similar note, when I hit level 38 (I think) one of the cars to choose was the Risi 458. Booyah.

I am glad the Benchmark Ring trick still works. 25 Laps, around 10min with an R1 car and you get $56k and 26K XP. Not amazing, but pretty nice.

Top Bottom