• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shaneus said:
Or maybe they're throwing them in with each pack. Awesome idea that definitely eases the "wah I bought cars pack why I use in game credits still?" whinging.

On a similar note, when I hit level 38 (I think) one of the cars to choose was the Risi 458. Booyah.
Yeah that's what I meant, if you get some with each pack that you own.

Gonna check next time I get some time for some Forza.

Shaneus said:
What trick?
Go online, make lobby with yourself, make it private put all R1 class cars, jack up the difficulty/all assists off, maximum laps, start game, 50k or so experience per game/per 20 mins.

Iknos

Xanadu said:
haha i'll pass i'm not too liked in the forza community, i even got a message over xbox live from someone saying stop making gran turismo liveries lmao

lol thats so sad. I thought they were cool.

H3rTz DoNuT you make some kickass liveries. I need to favorite you.

enzo_gt said:
Go online, make lobby with yourself, make it private put all R1 class cars, jack up the difficulty/all assists off, maximum laps, start game, 50k or so experience per game/per 20 mins.

Yup did this in FM3 because the races made more sense. The AI was tougher in FM3 but making it at least 10 laps with an underpowered car was a better racing experience I thought.

It was a good alternative to career mode because you chose the track and car and competition. Hope that this isn't considered a hack or cheat for XP because in FM3 it helped me learn the fantasy tracks very quickly.

Been too occupied with BF3 time to get back to work. What's the final verdict on the new dlc pack? I bought every bit of dlc for FORZA 3 so I figure might as well keep going. I really wish they were 400 space bucks like Forza 3's were. At 400 ms points those Forza 3 dlc packs were a great deal. Forza 4's 560 price point just doesn't have that great deal feel that made Forza 3's such an easy purchase.

Who am I kidding, I should just give Turn 10 my bank's routing number.

Shaneus said:
It's called the "Season Pass" ;)

Yeah, I knew that was coming lol. Seriously though I'm not too thrilled about going that route because I already have the American Muscle Pack as part of my LCE. I also think the 250,000 Credit offering to those in my situation is a joke. Turn 10 should have planned that out a tad bit better.

Shaneus

Yeah, agreed. 250,000 sounded like an alright deal, but when you can score that from two half-decent Rivals wins it is a bit pissweak.

On that note, any news on our additional preorder cars?

Grassy

Yoritomo said:
Part of me picking normal with a controller is I'm a tapper. Steering is always tap, tap, tap to get the right angle. Sim would probably punish that sort of driving style a bit more. I never mastered rolling which to me would be the only way for true precision on the analog pad.

I use sim steering with the controller and I'm a "tapper". I haven't even tried "Normal" though I've put in some semi-decent times in rival's mode/hot laps even though I'm pretty average really.

nagge said:
And yes, glitch car ruins the experience, I wont touch them even if it means being many seconds from the top.

I really don't see the point apart from it being an e-peen measuring contest? I mean everyone knows they're using a "glitched" car so the times are pretty much redundant and will probably be wiped won't they? Wasn't there a car in Forza 3 that had the same problem and was being abused and they wiped the leaderboards?

Shaneus

Well, I've just received my Speedfreek controller attachment thingy. See you bitches in HELL (from the top of the Rivals leaderboards).

And for the first time ever, I *didn't* get a "Friends currently playing this game" popup. Impressive on T10's part to go this long, but kinda saddening to not hear that little blop on startup :(

Mascot

Shaneus said:
On a similar note, when I hit level 38 (I think) one of the cars to choose was the Risi 458. Booyah.

Yeah, I now kinda wish I hadn't touched the World Tour mode at all. I'm up at level 70-ish so car rewards are a dim and distant memory, but if I'd have waited until a few DLC packs were released then the gift cars would have been even sweeter.

Another benefit of waiting might also be a patch for the competely broken Adaptive AI. I'm still optimistic of this being fixed but I'm not even sure that Turn 10 acknowledge its failure, do they?

Shaneus

Captain Bluey said:
Anyone else NOT getting the daily bonus credits? Is this a glitch or a deliberate ploy by turn 10 to make me work harder for my fake money?
I think stopped until the 99,999,999 glitch has been ironed out.

amar212

Captain Bluey said:
Anyone else NOT getting the daily bonus credits? Is this a glitch or a deliberate ploy by turn 10 to make me work harder for my fake money?

Not bonus for me in last 3 days, but I was thinking they did it on purpose for my ID only ;)

Captain Bluey said:
Haven't got it for a week or so, I miss the weekly cars from FM3 :(

Shaneus

h3ro said:
Impressions?
Still d-pad tapping a bit, but nowhere near as much as I used to. It will take some getting a handle of, but it feels like it'll make a big difference after some experience with it.

Gents,
Just a heads up: I was lucky enough to receive a code for the November car pack from Jube/Shortt Sirket, and as I have already purchased the Season Pass I shall not be needing it.

For those that have not yet purchased said November car pack or the season pass, I will be coming up with a contest (probably a pretty damn easy one) to give it away, and to pay forward the generosity.

I haven't quite figured out how yet, but I will post with details as soon as I come up with something (rest assured, it will still be November by that time).

So if you are interested, keep your eyes peeled.

As you were.

Ps. Forgot to mention that this will only apply to those in GAF car club for now.

evil_as_skeletor said:
So Gaf, what's the new Rivals event?

Okay, I am thinking we should do one of these:

All Assists Time Trial
- I thought it might be fun to see who could get the fastest time with ALL the assists turned on. Auto brake, steer assist, etc. I know it actually is harder for me to race with those, so it could be interesting.

Crazy Rallye Time Trial
- Same as above, but I drive like a crazy person. As in stopping randomly, doing donuts, etc and only dirty laps count.

Backwards Challenge
- Whoever can set the fastest time on a course while driving backwards the whole time win

They are all different and interesting and should be fun. I want to run it from Tomorrow until Monday 11/14. 1st Place - $1.5Mil 2md Place - $1Mil 3rd Place - $500k

What do you guys think?

Edit: Crap! Sorry Skeletor, didn't mean to step on your toes.

evil_as_skeletor said:
Not at all mate, completely fine.

1 vote for All Assists.
(how do we prove this in case we have a previous better time?)

A) Not do it in Rivals, but on the Time Trial Leaderboards of track/car combos that have not been run.

B) Pick a Rival that has very little use - Track Days or Autocross maybe?

Shortt Sirket said:
A) Not do it in Rivals, but on the Time Trial Leaderboards of track/car combos that have not been run.

B) Pick a Rival that has very little use - Track Days or Autocross maybe?
Autocross could be fun.
Maybe something front wheel drive.

evil_as_skeletor said:
Autocross could be fun.
Maybe something front wheel drive.

I think the All Assists would be fun because it completely screws with how you drive. And I mean ALL the assist on. So you will have to deal with auto braking and auto steering and all that jazz, it basically prevents you from racing like normal. However, it also lets those who aren't so good at it really have a chance to be a part of the Event.

That was the main thinking behind the ones I chose. I want those who play it a little less, but still want to be involved to be able to have a chance at winning.

Maybe I will add a couple gifts I give out to "random" people.

soundscream said:
Strange since you dont have the rivals shootout achievement.

LMAO!

Seriously though, rivals is probably the greatest thing. I'm going to complete the career to really find out what cars I like and get to know the tracks better but rivals is probably where I'll spend most of my time over the next couple years until Forza 5.

eek5

Mr.Green said:
Care to brief me up a little? FM.net is blocked here.

Hi folks,

Fanatec would like to give this opportunity for 3 lucky Forza players to become beta testers for the

new high-end CSR Elite Wheel.

To apply please post with some information about yourself and why you think you should be chosen as a

tester. We would like testers who are lucky enough to drive for, at least, a few hours per day. This is

open to our Aussie racers too, so don't feel left out. Unlike other tests there is no requirement to

own a gaming PC or PS3 which is an amazing opportunity for you all.

Applications will only be taken for a couple of days, we will then select the best entrants and start a

poll for for the Forza community to decide who the 3 beta testers will ultimately be. The testers will

have the opportunity to keep the wheels for a 50% discount and we would like

you to post your reviews on here as well after the test phase is completed.

Please only post in this thread if you wish to apply.

As there are similar threads to this on other forums there is a chance that the same people may be

chosen more than once, in this case Fanatec reserve the right to pick the next best applicant to ensure

that they have 3 new testers.

I would like to thank Thomas of Fanatec for giving us Forza players this amazing opportunity. Get your

applications in ASAP.

Good luck to you all!

Mascot

I can't believe there's pretty much zero fuss about what an abject failure this "learning/adaptive AI" has proved to be in world tour mode.

It's a major part of the game, yet it is 100% completely broken.

Jube: Turn 10 are surely aware of this?

The Stig

how is it broken for you guys?

the world tour opponents seem to be rather difficult, it seems they are too fast in the straights.

I go back to normal or hard and they have no chance.

kazinova

I understand why people with 900° controllers were so pissed, I'm having the control issue in Uncharted 3 and it's infuriating. Turn10 needs to patch stuff soon.

The Stig said:

the world tour opponents seem to be rather difficult, it seems they are too fast in the straights.

How do you go back to normal or hard?

I'm usually easily in first by the time the last lap comes around, I've even spun out on corners, reversed, accidentally went the wrong way (have notification turned off), saw them coming, flipped a U-turn and still beat them.

They are absolutely horrible in corners and have no idea you're even there unless you are 50% or more in front of their car.

It is really terrible. Basically I feel like I'm just doing time trials after the first lap because they are far behind ... and I'm far from being "great" at this game.

G Rom

The Stig said:

And you call yourself "The Stig" ? :lol

Just kidding, it's just that the A.I is worthless in World Tour mode and doesn't ramp up even if you win easily. The challenge is better in the event list though.

The Stig

according to the forums the adaptive AI is too slow.

I know how this may sound like I suck or something but in world tour mode Im around level 50 and I can only catch up with them on the corners.

Its nothing like FM3 where I would brake late and be 1st after the 1st corner.

hgplayer1

Mascot said:
I can't believe there's pretty much zero fuss about what an abject failure this "learning/adaptive AI" has proved to be in world tour mode.

It's a major part of the game, yet it is 100% completely broken.

Jube: Turn 10 are surely aware of this?

Zero fuss? Even in just this forum the majority has said the AI in WT mode is shit.

I personally think it took a step backwards in the same way the Hire Driver feature was a step back from Drivatar.

I do think though that its a minor gripe for a game that does so many other things extremely well.

The Stig

G Rom said:

Just kidding, it's just that the A.I is worthless in World Tour mode and doesn't ramp up even if you win easily. The challenge is better in the event list though.

that is very interesting. I find world tour mode to be equal to professional/expert mode (if not faster) in the event list.

I was hesitant to post especially considering my username but it's what I've found.

hgplayer1

G Rom said:

Pretty sure he's referring to event list since he mentions changing the difficulty. I havent even played via the even lists yet but Im looking forward to an AI that isnt on the brakes half the time they shouldnt be. I hope.

sneaky77

The main trouble I been having on WT is when racing the R3 or above classes but I think the cars I been using may be underpowered, the Ferrari from the DLc is def way below the rest of cars I was racing against

hgplayer1 said:
Pretty sure he's referring to event list since he mentions changing the difficulty. I havent even played via the even lists yet but Im looking forward to an AI that isnt on the brakes half the time they shouldnt be. I hope.

Ah, that's why I was confused, he said World Tour and then spoke of changing the difficulty.

Quick question, what do the blue/green/gray colors and the checkmarks mean? I never went to the event list in F3, just raced seasons for the most part.

The Stig

conclusion, I suck

to clarify:

in world tour the difficulty (for me) seems consistent with expert difficulty in event list. always very fast in a straight line.

people complaining of the WT AI being very slow (as if set on medium) is very different to what I am experiencing.

flyinpiranha said:
Ah, that's why I was confused, he said World Tour and then spoke of changing the difficulty.

Quick question, what do the blue/green/gray colors and the checkmarks mean? I never went to the event list in F3, just raced seasons for the most part.

Gray/white is events you have no cars in your garage to use in it, blue is your current car isn't eligible but your garage has an eligible car, and green is current car is eligible. Check marks mean all the races in the event are completed.

There are also dark gray/black boxes which I have no idea what they are for. Anybody know?

p3tran

Banned
The Stig said:
conclusion, I suck

to clarify:

in world tour the difficulty (for me) seems consistent with expert difficulty in event list. always very fast in a straight line.

people complaining of the WT AI being very slow (as if set on medium) is very different to what I am experiencing.
its not necessarily that you suck :)

I already wrote some days ago that I also find AI speedy. I'm about high 70's or 80 level right now, I think AI started getting fast with me a little before 50.
I'm not a slow driver.

maybe specific combinations of track/cars/level provide different outcomes of how the cpu competes.

Anyway, given what the game offers I expected AI to be completely dumshit (because of avail. resources), and I find it isn't

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Well, there is the time, when the paint is finally done and what's left is to let everyone know that it's done, so here I am, telling you that BSIM RACING BMW Z4GT3 is finally done. It was my first real attempt at something different and I'm must tell you that I couldn't be more happy than I'm right now. It's one of my best and favorite paints for sure and with that being said I won't stop here. I have a bigger brother in works and it's also FIA GT paint, cause I'm really getting in love with it.

Anyway, I don't want to read all this crap so below are the pictures of the Belgian Sim Racing Z4GT3, enjoy. As usual, downloads, rates and feedback is more than welcome.

Cheers, HD

BMW Z4GT3 --- BSIM RACING --- FIA GT

Bought a whole bunch off your cars. They look really awsome! _O_
Keep up the good work :)

p3tran said:
I already wrote some days ago that I also find AI speedy. I'm about high 70's or 80 level right now, I think AI started getting fast with me a little before 50.
I'm not a slow driver.

maybe specific combinations of track/cars/level provide different outcomes of how the cpu competes.

I found it got harder around level 20, but then got easier again.

Random AI dumbness: S700 Corvette race on Infineon, lead Z06 (2nd 'best' American driver) hits the handbrake right before pit lane opening (prior to last corner) and totally wrecks the car after locking the rear wheels. I couldn't believe it. The AI 'choking' and taking a corner too hot? Sure! The AI driver yanking the handbrake for no reason? WTF.

I confirmed this on the replay with telemetry.

enzo_gt said:
How exactly would you score the Crazy Rallye Time Trial?

I tried to explain it above, but basically I set a time driving like a maniac. Randomly stopping, doing donuts, bouncing off walls etc. The person who can get the closest to my time (Dirty laps only) without going under, wins. Sort of a "Hit the Target" thing. I am basing off the Rallye Events that car clubs put on where you have to hit certain times between the checkpoints without going faster.

Does that make any sense or am I just losing it?

Top Bottom