• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

h3ro

Shortt Sirket said:
Hmm, that is not a terrible idea. What about this:

I call a Roll Call today. Anyone under Level 50 who doesn't respond in a week is booted. Does that sound fair to everyone?

I think I'm 61 or 62.

I'm mainly in the club for Rivals mode. Not really too keen on racing online, fellas. I love putting my self up against everyone's times though. Also, sharing of cars is caring of cars. :p

Shortt Sirket said:

I call a Roll Call today. Anyone under Level 50 who doesn't respond in a week is booted. Does that sound fair to everyone?

Level 63 here.

Don't tase-- er-- boot me bro.

SarBear said:
Epic race at Camino incoming!

I'm in the lobby but cannot seem to join any races.

Weird.

sneaky77

SarBear said:
I tell ya what we need......more people who will play online!

There needs to be a purge...

I love playing online with you guys, a lot of tme my schedule doesn't allow it, although my hrs just shifted so I should have more evenings after 9pmEST available

Shortt Sirket said:
Plus you responded, so that would automatically make you safe.

I a good thing I reached Level 50 last night lol

Yeah if you guys see me online this weekend, send an invite for some online racing. my GT is the same as GAF. It would be good if you can pull me away from MW3.

Pepto said:
More like Dart vs Super Bee challenge am i rite lol.

hmm..good call.

New Restriction: NO DART OR SUPER BEE

And as for Roll Call, if you give me your GamerTag in your post it will help me make sure you are safe.

guest1321

SarBear said:
Epic race at Camino incoming!
YEAH!!! That was awesome...Up until my speed wheel ran out of batteries in big turn. And everyone has heard about how speed wheels don't reconnect properly right!?!

I'll be back on in a sec...

Shortt Sirket said:
hmm..good call.

And as for Roll Call, if you give me your GamerTag in your post it will help me make sure you are safe.
I'm level 63 I think, my GT is guest1321.

h3ro

Shortt Sirket said:
hmm..good call.

I'm munkeyhero. :)

p3tran

Banned
burgerdog said:
I feel so stupid right now. I chose the Ferrari 599 GTO instead of the One-77. The price difference is massive, I can't even afford the One-77 yet, boo.

to help with this, here's an article from gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6338910/forza-4-free-reward-cars-price-guide
its the gift cars with price per level. convenient.
take note though that this list does not include the new car packs. you can do some google-fu to find newer list with car packs included.
I had seen one such list some time ago, but couldnt find it now.

Scrum said:
Just levelled up to 100 and checked my game progress, 20,9%...I have lots of driving to do to get the bucket list achievment.
while searching for the above, I came across the link below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...HBJaE1iOXZlWFNVNTRaSnliSHphSXc&hl=en_US#gid=0
basically what the creator says, is that for a race in world tour to count in the event list, you need a specific car or a car in a specific range, as specified by the event in the event list.
so when you are racing in world tour, in track x configuration y, supposedly you could look up that googledoc and choose a car so that the world tour race will count in event list also.
havent tried it out, but for those who would like to hit two birds with one stone, maybe its worth looking it up.
here's also the link where the creator of the doc explains
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=336449

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Shortt Sirket said:

Okay, I am starting the new Event today.

C Class Alps All Assists Challenge

Take any C class car you want and run the Bernese Alps - Stadtplatz Reverse course. All times must be made with ALL ASSISTS ON! That is right; auto brake, auto steer, TCS, ASM, Autmatic, etc must ALL be on for the time to count.

The easiest way to run this is to go to Free Play -> Time Trial - Bernese Alps -> Stadtplatz Reverse.

Time Frame: From Now (11/4) to 11:59pm EST on 11/13

Car Restrictions: Class C and NO DART/SUPERBEE

Other Restrictions: ALL ASSISTS ON

Prizes: 1st Place - $1.5Mil
2nd Place - $1Mil
3rd Place - $500K
TBA - Free cars and shit

Now get out there and RACE!

oh boy. i now know what its like to break for every corner, and hill, like the shitty AI. what fun!

1:49.914 - Miura '67 (posted on leaderboards)

guest1321

p3tran said:
while searching for the above, I came across the link below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...HBJaE1iOXZlWFNVNTRaSnliSHphSXc&hl=en_US#gid=0
basically what the creator says, is that for a race in world tour to count in the event list, you need a specific car or a car in a specific range, as specified by the event in the event list.
so when you are racing in world tour, in track x configuration y, supposedly you could look up that googledoc and choose a car so that the world tour race will count in event list also.
havent tried it out, but for those who would like to hit two birds with one stone, maybe its worth looking it up.
here's also the link where the creator of the doc explains
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=336449
WHAT!?! 1176 Races? Carazy. Yet exciting. I thought going through and listing all the track configs was unnecessary and time consuming but this is just on another level. I see the advantage too it but who has the time to put that together?

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Shortt Sirket said:

Okay, I am starting the new Event today.

C Class Alps All Assists Challenge

Take any C class car you want and run the Bernese Alps - Stadtplatz Reverse course. All times must be made with ALL ASSISTS ON! That is right; auto brake, auto steer, TCS, ASM, Autmatic, etc must ALL be on for the time to count.

The easiest way to run this is to go to Free Play -> Time Trial - Bernese Alps -> Stadtplatz Reverse.

Time Frame: From Now (11/4) to 11:59pm EST on 11/13

Car Restrictions: Class C and NO DART/SUPERBEE

Other Restrictions: ALL ASSISTS ON

Prizes: 1st Place - $1.5Mil
2nd Place - $1Mil
3rd Place - $500K
TBA - Free cars and shit

Now get out there and RACE!
I'll get to 50 late this weekend, would be sorry to be kicked out:( ID is OnkelZee.

DasRaven

Spaceman Spiff said:
Ice cold with the Lambo love tap there, Raven.

:lol

Sorry. It's little brother syndrome in the Gallardo. Totally non-intentional.

I'm learning just by watching telemetry after being eliminated.
I'm out for now guys, great racing with you!

U n i o n 0015 said:
I'm oh-so-close. Just hit level 47. I'm trying to manage this with a full-time job, fellas! =D

Gamertag is Union 360.

I think I wasn't clear enough. If you are over 50, you are safe no matter what. If you are under 50, as long as you respond here then you are safe.

guest1321

Shortt Sirket said:
I think I wasn't clear enough. If you are over 50, you are safe no matter what. If you are under 50, as long as you respond here then you are safe.
I'm still confused. Do you think you could put together some sort of diagram or flow chart?

Someone spun me out on that sweeping right at the start of le mans.... So bummed right now.

DasRaven said:
It wasn't that bad in R1s was it? Although those first few corners made us all look rather clownish.
No it wasn't bad at all. The fact that it was old le mans made it kinda interesting. It ended up only being 3 laps (maybe we lost some people). But yeah, it was a rough start. I think I may have bumper tapped you near the end there. Sorry about that, unintentional.

sneaky77

guest1321 said:
WHAT!?! 1176 Races? Carazy. Yet exciting. I thought going through and listing all the track configs was unnecessary and time consuming but this is just on another level. I see the advantage too it but who has the time to put that together?

Thats a lot of events, I'll worry about it when I get done with the WT lol

SarBear

guest1321 said:
I'm still confused. Do you think you could put together some sort of diagram or flow chart?

Someone spun me out on that sweeping right at the start of le mans.... So bummed right now.

No it wasn't bad at all. The fact that it was old le mans made it kinda interesting. It ended up only being 3 laps (maybe we lost some people). But yeah, it was a rough start. I think I may have bumper tapped you near the end there. Sorry about that, unintentional.

My bad!!! I didn't know you were going to slow down. You can take that part flat out, you know. :lol

I saw you disappear......then I heard a car crumpling against a wall. At first I laughed quite a bit, but then i felt so very sorry.

guest1321

sneaky77 said:
Thats a lot of events, I'll worry about it when I get done with the WT lol
That's the boat I'm in. I'm actually pretty impressed with how well the event list is keeping me entertained. I thought it was going to feel monotonous after finishing the WT but if anything it is more fun.

heres a question....what are your guys etiquette on unintentional bumps when passing?

I am always making real effort to not bump, but sometimes it just happens when you are running hard, and i hate spinning people out. i want to race. so a lot of the time, i will actually slow down and give that position back if i can and go back to racing.

but i doubt anyone else ever does this...because i have been punted more than a few times and never get that kind of respect.

guest1321

SarBear said:
My bad!!! I didn't know you were going to slow down. You can take that part flat out, you know. :lol

I saw you disappear......then I heard a car crumpling against a wall. At first I laughed quite a bit, but then i felt so very sorry.
It's okay, it's all part of the fun of racing online. Now to figure out whose R15++ I was in. That thing was awesome. It felt surprisingly better than the R15 Team Joest.

AlanzTalon said:
heres a question....what are your guys etiquette on unintentional bumps when passing?

I am always making real effort to not bump, but sometimes it just happens when you are running hard, and i hate spinning people out. i want to race. so a lot of the time, i will actually slow down and give that position back if i can and go back to racing.

but i doubt anyone else ever does this...because i have been punted more than a few times and never get that kind of respect.
If I am racing with my friends then I do that also. It's no fun to win if they are so far behind they can't catch up.

SarBear

AlanzTalon said:

I usually don't take it too seriously, unless there's an idiot just rambling around hitting people. I try my best to avoid others as well....SOMETIMES I'll slow down. Most times I'll overshoot the corner anyway and go way off course.

guest1321

AlanzTalon said:

I took someone out (they were in Green Bertone Mantide [IM SORRY]) on bernese stadtplatz going through the windy section because they hit the brakes randomly. I stopped and let them catch up. Then proceeded to pass them :)

Idk if anyone else does that sort of thing, but I'd like to think they'd feel similarly to what Shortt Sirket just said.

Seanspeed

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:

A bit.....rough. I only just got to level 50 the other day. Maybe 40 would be a bit better if this is the sort of criteria you want to use. I know I'm playing a lot of Battlefield 3 right now and I'll be playing a ton of Skyrim when that comes out, so I hope I wont fall too far behind in the leveling aspect. Doesn't mean I'm not all about Forza, though. There just happens to be 3 of my most anticipated games of this entire generation coming out within a month of each other. Others will be painting and taking pictures and stuff a lot, too, which isn't reflected in your level.

Honestly, I'd just start cutting people on a case by case basis that you see that are never around. Dont post Rivals times, dont post on GAF(a big one), dont ever get online with others GAFers. Do it manually instead of having some sort of bleaching every so often. There's gonna be people who didn't buy the game immediately, but might still be good potential members and it'd be a shame to not include them just because they aren't at a certain level yet.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
trading a bit of paint in tight turns never hurt anyone :p

Fair Play is much more fun, though. For the hitzing, there's always IT.

Seanspeed

Banned
Just like in real-life, a bit of contact isn't always the end of the world, even if some people like to make a big deal out of it.

It all depends on the circumstance. If its a slight unintentional nudge between two determined drivers going at it, its usually pretty excusable so long as neither driver is affected too badly.

If somebody gets spun or gets run off-track unintentionally, then its definitely something where an apology over the mic is expected. Always wear a mic.

If its real bad and you made a huge mistake because of a brain-fade or were just plain being a moron and take somebody out, then its best to pull over and let them repass you. People DO do this, although not as often as I'd like. It goes a good ways into keeping everything respectable between the people racing and it might rekindle a good fight that you were having. Also, if people see you doing it and appreciate the gesture, they might be more liable to pay it forward in the future when they do it to somebody else(it happens to everyone once in a while).

sneaky77

Seanspeed said:
A bit.....rough. I only just got to level 50 the other day. Maybe 40 would be a bit better if this is the sort of criteria you want to use. I know I'm playing a lot of Battlefield 3 right now and I'll be playing a ton of Skyrim when that comes out, so I hope I wont fall too far behind in the leveling aspect. Doesn't mean I'm not all about Forza, though. There just happens to be 3 of my most anticipated games of this entire generation coming out within a month of each other. Others will be painting and taking pictures and stuff a lot, too, which isn't reflected in your level.

Honestly, I'd just start cutting people on a case by case basis that you see that are never around. Dont post Rivals times, dont post on GAF(a big one), dont ever get online with others GAFers. Do it manually instead of having some sort of bleaching every so often. There's gonna be people who didn't buy the game immediately, but might still be good potential members and it'd be a shame to not include them just because they aren't at a certain level yet.

Well he said level 50 or replying on the thread... lol so is not that bad.

If somebody gets spun or gets run off-track unintentionally, then its definitely something where an apology over the mic is expected. Always wear a mic.

I agree with this, contact happens is not the end of the world, is just a game, thats why is good to race with people in your club or your list if possible is more laid back. I am on a wheel so the lack of mic probably hurts me a little bit, although I always try to race clean sometimes shit happens and you'll bump someone or they'll bump you is part of racing

Top Bottom