• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Yoritomo

op_ivy said:
any tips? this comp is retarded, lol

It's all in how you tune the car period.

You want something that will brake as little as possible but still be able to get up to decent speed on the straights.

I'd also keep the driving line on so it will let you know when it's braking and lifting off.

No pressure.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yoritomo said:

You want something that will brake as little as possible but still be able to get up to decent speed on the straights.

I'd also keep the driving line on so it will let you know when it's braking and lifting off.

i havent tried, but if you manually brake, can you get a bit more speed out of corners than if you let the ai drive? i've just been full throttle 100% of the time, is that what you are doing?

other then gearing, what else should be tuned? everything?

i'm not a gear head and any change i make seems to actually increase my time :p

Yoritomo

op_ivy said:
i havent tried, but if you manually brake, can you get a bit more speed out of corners than if you let the ai drive? i've just been full throttle 100% of the time, is that what you are doing?

other then gearing, what else should be tuned? everything?

i'm not a gear head and any change i make seems to actually increase my time :p

I pm'd you, you're welcome to let the secret out but I keep giggling about it.

op_ivy

Yoritomo said:

oh man, that ruins the comp! lol.

EDIT: should add, i havent tried it yet

Muerte_X

Got a 1:47.613 for the assist challenge.

Gamertag = Muerte X (with the space)

It sucks, I've gotten damn near a second faster the entire lap than that, then it decides to brake way harder at the turn right after the top of the hill to the point where my ghosts will pass me there. So frustrating.

Oh well, might be easier with a different car, but I like to be different, lol.

I like how i'm 329 overall in C class on that track, I'm tempted to see what I could do how I usually drive with most assists off, but I think it would overwrite this time.

Edit: You guys suck, lol. I've been busting my ass and finally rage quit, and you're doing something to glitch the auto brake or what? What are you guys doing? Turning down the brake pressure all the way to make the auto brake suck or something? lol

Yoritomo said:

op_ivy said:
ok, 1:46.570

Yori, you HAVE to spill the beans :p

tumblr_ll2iolk38z1qzmvsio1_500.gif

op_ivy said:
oh man, that ruins the comp! lol.

EDIT: should add, i havent tried it yet
Well crap, if there really is a game-breaking secret then we might have to change it.

I really am trying guys, just seem to have no luck.

op_ivy

he did give me permission.... (and hinted in the thread)

Yoritomo said:

No pressure.

tune brakes to 0% pressure and the ai cant brake :p

Muerte_X

op_ivy said:
he did give me permission.... (and hinted in the thread)

tune brakes to 0% pressure and the ai cant brake :p

Yeah, I thought about trying that, but was too lazy to turn my xbox back on and test it, lol.

op_ivy

Shortt Sirket said:
Alright, so should we keep this Comp going now that it's completely broken and pointless or start a new one on Monday?

i say keep it, this actually makes it far more interesting in my opinion! lol

op_ivy

i'd suggest adding the "secret" to the challenge posting - and bumping it, so all can use it as they chose

For a new page:

C Class Alps All Assists Challenge

Take any C class car you want and run the Bernese Alps - Stadtplatz Reverse course. All times must be made with ALL ASSISTS ON! That is right; auto brake, auto steer, TCS, ASM, Autmatic, etc must ALL be on for the time to count.

The easiest way to run this is to go to Free Play -> Time Trial - Bernese Alps -> Stadtplatz Reverse.

Time Frame: From Now (11/4) to 11:59pm EST on 11/13

Car Restrictions: Class C and NO DART/SUPERBEE

Other Restrictions: ALL ASSISTS ON

Hint: Turn the brake pressure down to 0% to prevent the AI from braking

Prizes: A total of $3Million to be handed out.

TheMan

One thing I don't like about racing games in general, is that if you have to pick whether ABS is on or off for ALL cars. Well, some cars come with ABS and some don't. Is there a setting that turns ABS on and off for each car depending on whether its real life counterpart has it? Thanks.

Addnan

Just a quick question, is there no way I can change the AI difficulty? It seems I have to increase my assist to reduce the AI difficulty, I don't really want to do that.

LostVector

Neo Member
Some of you may remember I modified an SST lightning shifter for use with the Fanatec wheel back when Forza 3 came out. Well, I found myself having to apologize constantly to folks coming over because the shifter was nice, but didn't really feel like a real shifter and was aligned funny.

Anyway, I discovered the Thomas Superwheel 6 speed shifter a couple of weeks ago.

MUCH better.

TSW%252520shifter%252520-%252520SST%252520circuit.JPG

TSW%252520shifter%252520-%252520inverter%252520circuit.JPG

TSW%252520shifter%252520-%252520rear%252520side%252520view.JPG

TSW%252520shifter%252520-%252520front%252520side%252520view.JPG

Mascot

I wish Turn 10 would wipe all the Dart and Bee times and patch their errors.
Glitch cars fucked up FM2 and FM3, and now look set to do the same with FM4.

Addnan said:
Just a quick question, is there no way I can change the AI difficulty? It seems I have to increase my assist to reduce the AI difficulty, I don't really want to do that.
Only in the event list.

Muerte_X

Yoritomo said:
I would have spilled the beans but I was having too much fun giggling about it.

yeah, once I thought it about, I started laughing at the idea of trying that, lol.

It does make you a faster, but the throttle still lets off on it's own while it'st trying to brake, and then you run into the problem of not being able to brake enough.

I noticed some people higher up on the leaderboard than me with all assists on, but I'll throw my time here anyway. I might try to knock off some more time later, I'm sure I could.

Gamertag = Muerte X

Time 1:45.859

1:44.550

Muerte_X said:
yeah, once I thought it about, I started laughing at the idea of trying that, lol.

It does make you a faster, but the throttle still lets off on it's own while it'st trying to brake, and then you run into the problem of not being able to brake enough.

I noticed some people higher up on the leaderboard than me with all assists on, but I'll throw my time here anyway. I might try to knock off some more time later, I'm sure I could.

Gamertag = Muerte X

Time 1:45.859

Whale on the e-brake like you were bustin' some heads in Street Fighter.

Muerte_X

Big Takeover said:
1:44.550

Whale on the e-brake like you were bustin' some heads in Street Fighter.

lol, I was doing that, but not sure if I should mention it. Just need to figure out when exactly to do it. Sent myself into a drift couple of times, could probably knock off close to another second if I got it down.

Proc

I play racing games in spurts. I really haven't squeezed everything out of forza 3 yet. When I play forza 3 I love it but I never got good enough to really compete online. Should I keep popping in forza 3 or is there enough new here for a casual fan to justify the purchase? Its been a little hard to tell from the reviews and media coverage. I own a kinect and the auto vista mode looks interesting. The lighting effects look great too. I'm basically on the fence and looking for someone to push me over.

op_ivy

Proc said:
I play racing games in spurts. I really haven't squeezed everything out of forza 3 yet. When I play forza 3 I love it but I never got good enough to really compete online. Should I keep popping in forza 3 or is there enough new here for a casual fan to justify the purchase? Its been a little hard to tell from the reviews and media coverage. I own a kinect and the auto vista mode looks interesting. The lighting effects look great too. I'm basically on the fence and looking for someone to push me over.

the racing in fm4 is sooo much more satisfying. try the demo if you haven't already, turn off all assists and race with the bmw. if that doesnt convince you its far superior to fm3 nothing will and you should stick to the game you have.

SarBear said:
So.......what are we doing tonight?
'Bama/ LSU?
Proc said:
I would hope that you would buy the game because you'd like it, and think you'd have fun with it. I would hope that being "good enough to compete online" would be a bonus to get the game, not the determining factor.

If you're on the fence, and describe yourself as "casual", why don't you wait for it to go on sale?

Iknos

Played a bit as I had some time today before heading out for the evening and all I wanted to say was that I love 60fps with big fields of cars. I have harped about the lack of photorealism of the game but graphically it is still pretty damn impressive.

skyfinch

What the hell? I turned brake pressure to 0 but AI is still braking for me.

Edit. I was wrong. Carry on.

146:003. Don't think I can do any better than that.

eek5

Proc said:
I think the driving model in FM4 and the world tour are a LOT more fun in than in FM3. The cars all feel different so even with a lot of the same tracks it is fun to get a new car and drive it. Rivals mode is fun at any skill level as well since it'll keep feeding you opponents that you can beat. It'll also help you learn the tracks, cars, and help you improve with every lap. I don't think you'll regret it

guest1321

I finally really figured out the AWD drive cars (at least the audi's :] ). It is actually amazing how much you can correct your front end when it starts to fall out from under you in a turn. I'm assuming most people here are very aware of that and I am super LTTP, so any other tips you got if I am just realizing this now? lol

G Rom

For french GAF, Dan will be in Turbo on M6 in a few minutes. The footage seems to have been shot at Road Atlanta, probably during the launch party.

Grassy

guest1321 said:
I finally really figured out the AWD drive cars (at least the audi's :] ). It is actually amazing how much you can correct your front end when it starts to fall out from under you in a turn. I'm assuming most people here are very aware of that and I am super LTTP, so any other tips you got if I am just realizing this now? lol

I'm level 64 I think now and I have probably used AWD cars under 1% of my playing time in Forza 4. Amongst others, I converted the Lamborghini Aventador/Murcielago SV and Reventon all to RWD as they handle better that way IMO.

Now I'm going through the event list I'm starting to get the hang of the AWD cars though, it does take a bit of getting used to. The '08 WRX STI is a beast.

G Rom

Well, it was pretty short. We got to see Dan's M3 slightly drifting in Seattle, some cars on Turn 10's parking lot, some studio shots, Dan getting in the cockpit of a 458 GT, etc...
This really made me wish even more that we'd get making-of videos like the Veyron, Bernese Alps and Hockenheim ones.

XShagrath

I finished up Year 10 of the World Tour today. Level 58, with a 30 Affinity for Nissan. Only 8.1% done with the Career Mode though. :( Still really pissed that there's a bunch of races in World Tour that don't carry over to the Event List.

p3tran

Banned
XShagrath said:
I finished up Year 10 of the World Tour today. Level 58, with a 30 Affinity for Nissan. Only 8.1% done with the Career Mode though. :( Still really pissed that there's a bunch of races in World Tour that don't carry over to the Event List.
nice
I'm at around middle of the last season. lvl 85, 7% of event list.
I want to finish career before I enter skyrim 8)

getphotomse33.jpg

guest1321

Grassy said:
I'm level 64 I think now and I have probably used AWD cars under 1% of my playing time in Forza 4. Amongst others, I converted the Lamborghini Aventador/Murcielago SV and Reventon all to RWD as they handle better that way IMO.

Now I'm going through the event list I'm starting to get the hang of the AWD cars though, it does take a bit of getting used to. The '08 WRX STI is a beast.
Nice, everyone seems to be exiting the World Tour a little bit higher leveled than I did. I assume that is probably because I don't spend much time on Rivals.

I know it's fairly obvious but once you figure out how AWD can save you in a corner and how to really push them, it really is a game changer. Straights become a lot less important.

G Rom

Just bought a Corvette C1 for 1,600 Cr. and a a C5R for a bit more than 120,000 Cr. on the AH. :)

I really hate the so called last minute of the auctions that takes forever though !

XShagrath

G Rom said:
Just bought a Corvette C1 for 1,600 Cr. and a a C5R for a bit more than 120,000 Cr. on the AH. :)

I really hate the so called last minute of the auctions that takes forever though !
Yeah. Every time someone bids during that "last minute", it bumps it back up to 1 minute so that things don't get "sniped". Therefore, it a bunch of people are camping an auction, that last minute can go 5 or more minutes.

Aurarian

Just hit the 25% mark on event list. I think I've resigned myself to never getting the ferrari/exclusive taste achievement. I can't buy anything on the AH with silver membership. =/

sneaky77

XShagrath said:

I think a lot of them do carry over, I didn't count but i only had 2 checkmarks but in a lot of other events I had 1 or 2 out 5 races completed and stuff like that, although I am trying to do as much of the WT with Ferrari's as possible so I am sure a lot of races may be repeats

Top Bottom