• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

skyfinch

I'm at level 150, so I'm safe for now. :D

That being said, only 32.7% of event listing complete.

Sorry to a few gaf members who sent me an invite today. Been neglecting Gears 3 since FM4 launch. Wanted to see if Dom's beard was still bushy.

guest1321

New favorite car is officially the RS3. I get perfect turn scores in it far more often than any other car and my perfect turn number has been rapidly increasing. Anyone else notice a similar trend or can I attribute that my new favorite car?

The new GAF challenge is a total car/tune/setup competition. If you really want a level playing field, standardize the car or ask to have them come from the Club garage. The Lotus I used is in there. Feel free to use it, but it'll get housed by someone who knows what they're doing for sure.

Big Takeover said:
The new GAF challenge is a total car/tune/setup competition. If you really want a level playing field, standardize the car or ask to have them come from the Club garage. The Lotus I used is in there. Feel free to use it, but it'll get housed by someone who knows what they're doing for sure.

I wanted something that would be different as well as newbie friendly. It was only partly about "leveling" the field and more about just trying to give everyone a good time. Plus it was like the only one people voted for. lol

burgerdog

I received the invite to the club today and fall under the level 50 requirement so stay in the club if I miss the roll call so here I am! Thanks for the invite, by the way!

Pepto

Banned
Big Takeover said:
Why should every challenge be just about driving?

Shortt Sirket said:
I wanted something that would be different as well as newbie friendly. It was only partly about "leveling" the field and more about just trying to give everyone a good time. Plus it was like the only one people voted for. lol
It was actually kind of fun trying to figure out what the AI wanted, so it would stay in the throttle and off the brakes.

Pepto said:
They shouldn't be...but we'll see if working on gear ratios is more appealing to folks.

Pepto said:

That was why I wanted to do something different. Otherwise the best drivers will always win the Events. I wanted something that would be different and really challenge people to think differently. Maybe there are ways of playing with the brakes/suspension that can "fool" the Computer to push your car faster. Hopefully this will also let everyone have a chance at the prizes, regardless of how "good" they are at driving.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shortt Sirket said:
I think I wasn't clear enough. If you are over 50, you are safe no matter what. If you are under 50, as long as you respond here then you are safe.

I just got to 48, have been really stupid busy the past 2 weeks :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Big Takeover said:
It was actually kind of fun trying to figure out what the AI wanted, so it would stay in the throttle and off the brakes.

They shouldn't be...but we'll see if working on gear ratios is more appealing to folks.

so, what time have you set?

op_ivy said:
so, what time have you set?

Ym0Ev.jpg

sneaky77

m0dus said:
I've got a 4000 ms point card to offer up for a future challenge, actually.

If you want to do it, and have suggestions on the best way to run it, pm me I am more than willing to help organize it since I am co-lider in the club lol

SarBear

retroBrand said:
Dead Poul is picking on me like a nerdy kid in high school.

The hate in you is strong my friend.

*cough*

sneaky77 said:
any good tunes for the r3 Holden, I like the car but I find it undriveable lol

Yep.....drive an Aston instead. -___- 50k plsandthx!

Mascot

SarBear said:
I tell ya what we need......more people who will play online!

Two mitigating factors for me are:

1. I'm in the UK so timing often doesn't work with US-GAF

2. No mic port on my GT2 (edit: oh yes there is, I'm a dumbass) and playing with a joypad is just... wrong on so many levels.

skyfinch

This is the first racing game that I've been able to get a clean lap on the Nordschleife. Crap time but still a clean lap.

Grassy

Finally finished World Tour mode today and am now at level 63. I really enjoyed it until the end, unlike Forza 3's Career mode which burnt me out pretty quickly. I'm actually looking forward to the Event List now to race a lot of the cars I didn't touch during WT mode, even with some of the big games coming out lately(and next week..) I still can't see myself stopping playing this for a long time.

I also made 3,000,000 cr off Rival's mode today :D

P.S - retroBrand, I just checked the leaderboards and I see you beat me again on Motegi...my Starion is coming at you, bro. It's on.

guest1321

Grassy said:
Finally finished World Tour mode today and am now at level 63. I really enjoyed it until the end, unlike Forza 3's Career mode which burnt me out pretty quickly. I'm actually looking forward to the Event List now to race a lot of the cars I didn't touch during WT mode, even with some of the big games coming out lately(and next week..) I still can't see myself stopping playing this for a long time.

I also made 3,000,000 cr off Rival's mode today :D

P.S - retroBrand, I just checked the leaderboards and I see you beat me again on Motegi...my Starion is coming at you, bro. It's on.
I have put a little time in on Battlefield 3 but I keep coming back to Forza. How the hell did you pull 3 mil rivals?

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Mascot said:
Two mitigating factors for me are:

1. I'm in the UK so timing often doesn't work with US-GAF

2. No mic port on my GT2 and playing with a joypad is just... wrong on so many levels.
send me a friend request, we should be online at the same times of the day.

Grassy

guest1321 said:
I have put a little time in on Battlefield 3 but I keep coming back to Forza. How the hell did you pull 3 mil rivals?

Just by milking it a bit. Like the first few laps I did on the new Motegi challenge were dirty, and once I figured what time I could achieve I slowly worked my way up the leaderboard from lowest to top, instead of setting a faster time than everyone the first time which obviously limits the credits you can make. Then retroBrand and I had a bit of a back-and-forth which was bringing in 100-200k a pop for me as I was needing a few laps to get a good clean one at times which nets more credits.

Plus the new drag challenge at Hockenheim got me a fair few credits, even if it wasn't mostly from beating GAF members. The VW Bora is the quickest car for that event so I got one and just slowly worked my way up the leaderboard, slowing down to only just beat each rival to maximise the credit potential.

shinnn

Finished world tour. Level 65. 8% of event list lol.
I think my highest level of affinity is 12 or 13 with the Ferrari.

op_ivy

Yoritomo said:
Yoritomo79

1:46.731 for the challenge.

Edit: 1:45.849 for the challenge, using the lotus elan, all assists on.

any tips? this comp is retarded, lol

op_ivy said:
any tips? this comp is retarded, lol
Damn man, that's just brutal dude! I asked what people wanted even! This was the event that had the most votes with 2.

I am just trying to make it open to everyone, not just the "best drivers." I am always open to any better ideas, but nobody really even seemed interested in participating before I chose the event.

If you really don't dig it dude, I can understand. But I'm hoping it will bring more people into trying these events.

And if it becomes too dumb and everyone hates it, it can easily be turned into a regular Time Trial very quickly.

op_ivy

Shortt Sirket said:
Damn man, that's just brutal dude! I asked what people wanted even! This was the event that had the most votes with 2.

I am just trying to make it open to everyone, not just the "best drivers." I am always open to any better ideas, but nobody really even seemed interested in participating before I chose the event.

If you really don't dig it dude, I can understand. But I'm hoping it will bring more people into trying these events.

And if it becomes too dumb and everyone hates it, it can easily be turned into a regular Time Trial very quickly.

sorry man, didnt mean a dig against you. i didnt vote, so i cant complain much about the choice, but i thought it sounded kinda fun before trying it out. its just weird when the computer decides to slow you down for no reason on certain parts of the track - sometimes. its also going to GREATLY favor tuners (maybe that was the idea?). maybe, IF we do it again, it could be with the same car and no tuning allowed - at least then i think it would be anyones race to win.

anywho, just not having much fun. you are never going to please everyone, so dont focus on my comments alone and make changes just yet.

EDIT: back to advice for this challenge, has anyone driven with the racing line on? i think i'm taking good lines, but i'm curious if deviations from the suggested line may be more likely to have the ai slow you down. for instance, it seems taking corners much less aggressively, and staying away from the apex, tend to help you keep speed up, especially on the windy bit after the first big right hander.

My inner Communist thinks if there are prizes involved, we should consider doing random drawings with participation in the event being the only requirement. I suppose you could weight it based on position if you wanted to meet me half way.

Bragging rights should be enough motivation to try your best, right? We just want more participation, not necessarily to reward who's best. Hopefully everyone can identify a rival that they can judge themselves against.

Livery/photo contests should be judged normally of course.

Just a thought.

Big Takeover said:
My inner Communist thinks if there are prizes involved, we should consider doing random drawings with participation in the event being the only requirement. I suppose you could weight it based on position if you wanted to meet me half way.

Bragging rights should be enough motivation to try your best, right? We just want more participation, not necessarily to reward who's best. Hopefully everyone can identify a rival that they can judge themselves against.

Livery/photo contests should be judged normally of course.

Just a thought.
Hmm....that is actually a really good idea.

What if we change this to a normal Time Attack (no Dart/Superbee) and then the prizes are given out based on different criteria. Maybe some random and some based on driving or other factors. I just don't want it to only be Yori/Nagge/Seanspeed winning these comps because that will make people not want to participate.

I am trying to come up with interesting ideas guys, I just want everyone who plays to have an actual chance at winning something nice from the club.

op_ivy

Shortt Sirket said:
Hmm....that is actually a really good idea.

What if we change this to a normal Time Attack (no Dart/Superbee) and then the prizes are given out based on different criteria. Maybe some random and some based on driving or other factors. I just don't want it to only be Yori/Nagge/Seanspeed winning these comps because that will make people not want to participate.

I am trying to come up with interesting ideas guys, I just want everyone who plays to have an actual chance at winning something nice from the club.

moving forward, thats an idea - but i dont think this challenge should be changed, much as i despise it, because people may have invested a significant amount of time to the challenge posted.

SarBear

op_ivy said:
moving forward, thats an idea - but i dont think this challenge should be changed, much as i despise it, because people may have invested a significant amount of time to the challenge posted.

This.

Top Bottom