• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Jube3

Shortt Sirket said:
I am actually getting a little annoyed at Turn10 recently. The Unicorns aren't working for a lot of people, there has been no talk about the 900 degree fix, their Photo Competitions are behind, the Daily Credits for visiting the storefront aren't working, etc. It just feels like they have fallen off the face of the earth recently. I know they just released the game and are probably getting some much needed RR, I am just surprised they have been so quiet recently.

Regarding the bugs with 900 degree steering we are investigating issues with it, including the 0 credit issue. Brian has commented on the forums about it with more info coming soon.

The photo competition is behind because there's so many of them it takes a while to go through them, sort out the finalist batch and then vote on them, but they will be going up tonight with 100 random unicorn winners like last weeks.

Edit: Also if you guys are still missing your pre-order incentive cars please shoot me a PM.

Jube3 said:
Regarding the bugs with 900 degree steering we are investigating issues with it, including the 0 credit issue. Brian has commented on the forums about it with more info coming soon.

The photo competition is behind because there's so many of them it takes a while to go through them, sort out the finalist batch and then vote on them, but they will be going up tonight with 100 random unicorn winners like last weeks.

Edit: Also if you guys are still missing your pre-order incentive cars please shoot me a PM.

Jube,

will Turn 10 be gifting free cars to VIP members, as they did for FM3? This was one of the main reasons I got the Limited Edition of Forza 4. Would be great if they kept up that awesome practice.

SarBear

Jube3 said:

Yep, I'm missing:

2004 Mustang SVT Cobra

;)

sneaky77

skyfinch said:
I'm at level 150 and it said "you have been gifted a free beardjob", but when I went to redeem it, it gave me a "no eye contact" achievement.

You're a beast I just got to level 50.

also there appears to be a difference in handling between rivals mode and WT, same car same settings, the car is far more twitchy in rivals, like the 270 degrees I have it set to get credits makes it really snappy.. unlike world tour where it drives just fine

edit: I got the audi from the november speed pack as my level 50 reward lol

Ryaaan14

Banned
Not sure if anyone else has made one yet, but I whipped up a GAF logo vinyl set for my Storefront if anyone's interested.

InWDE.jpg

QBWdm.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Captain Bluey said:
Jube,

will Turn 10 be gifting free cars to VIP members, as they did for FM3? This was one of the main reasons I got the Limited Edition of Forza 4. Would be great if they kept up that awesome practice.
Yeah uh, the VIP membership is kinda useless in it's current state. T10 has far too many other priorities that VIPs getting cars will probably happen far, far down the line.

Also, Ryan that is the best GAF logo I've seen thus far. Not perfect, but it's close. It's a mighty difficult one to replicate.

guest1321

sneaky77 said:
You're a beast I just got to level 50.

also there appears to be a difference in handling between rivals mode and WT, same car same settings, the car is far more twitchy in rivals, like the 270 degrees I have it set to get credits makes it really snappy.. unlike world tour where it drives just fine

edit: I got the audi from the november speed pack as my level 50 reward lol
So what is difference between that and the other R15? It has far less HP and Torque and a lower PI? I'm confused because it is the ++ but I take it that doesn't refer to performance? Maybe I am wrong...

Gor@n

Neo Member
Just switched shifting from manual to manual with clutch and i'm loving it. Alot easier then i thought, plus you get to control your revs at the starting animation. Plus the extra credit is a bonus

guest1321

Gor@n said:
Just switched shifting from manual to manual with clutch and i'm loving it. Alot easier then i thought, plus you get to control your revs at the starting animation. Plus the extra credit is a bonus
I had switched for a while and I got the hang of it after a while. I love the fact that downshifting feels a little more realistic and you can coast a little bit in the corner too. I ended up switching it back to manual w/o clutch just because it became frustrating in R1 cars to have to shift so quickly and so often. So now the only times I use it is during hot laps and in Rivals (which admittedly has not been too much lately).

Mascot

Jube3 said:

Jube, is the broken adaptive AI difficulty also under investigation at Turn 10 Towers? If it isn't fixable then can a user-controlled difficulty setting be patched in like in the event grid?

Since you asked, I never got the pre-order bonus cars (the white ones with the FM4 liveries).

nagge

Wow, the stock Aventador is pure garbage. Gave it a go this morning and man does that thing like to understeer. Will have to baby it around next time I try it. I dislike AWD cars as a whole for circuit racing.

And I didn't receive any pre-order cars other than the RX7.

Gor@n

Neo Member
guest1321 said:
I had switched for a while and I got the hang of it after a while. I love the fact that downshifting feels a little more realistic and you can coast a little bit in the corner too. I ended up switching it back to manual w/o clutch just because it became frustrating in R1 cars to have to shift so quickly and so often. So now the only times I use it is during hot laps and in Rivals (which admittedly has not been too much lately).

Haven't tried R1 class yet with the clutch, i'll probably end up changing too, since i end up putting TC on if i race any R1 class cars. I can handle up to R3 and some R2 but R1 for me is more annoying than fun.

Mascot

Lol, I clawed my way to the top of a couple of the GAF car club Rivals leaderboards last night only for them to wipe the events to make for new ones.

It's a bit of a shame they don't keep the old monthly events and just add new ones.

Gor@n said:

Revving at the start is awesome. I didn't realize it until about 10 races in! Manual+Clutch makes for an amazing race. I just wish the AI was better so I could practice using it more. I get such a huge lead I end up playing it really safe the final laps to see if I can get a clean time without really knowing what a "good" or comparative time would be.

Just my 2c on a couple cars from the Nov car pack...

That's new Lamborghini Aventador is terrible, I just don't get it!?

The '57 Chev is amazing, that interior (minus the gear shift animation, but I understand why that is), that engine sound, that body roll and predictable handling. In love. Was just cruising round Infineon at 100 trying to hear that moror and every piston firing!

Jube3 said:

Well damn, now I feel like a dick. I get all whiny and emo and Jube comes around and gives an actual thought out response.

evil_as_skeletor said:
Just my 2c on a couple cars from the Nov car pack...

That's new Lamborghini Aventador is terrible, I just don't get it!?

The '57 Chev is amazing, that interior (minus the gear shift animation, but I understand why that is), that engine sound, that body roll and predictable handling. In love. Was just cruising round Infineon at 100 trying to hear that moror and every piston firing!

Turn it into a RWD S Class car and it becomes a beast. Or, at least, a LOT more fun to drive.

I am feeling like a car club transient. I keep drifting from club to club looking for decent groups. right now i am in [DSM] with a bunch of Eclipse and Talon guys because of a Talon/DSM vinyl i had on my storefront. The car club i had going with my friends was stagnant, they never set rivals times, just seemed to be playing career all the time so i handed over the leader badge and bailed.

Also, man that Diablo GTR in S class....thing is so planted it has easily supplanted my usual S class online car (a Gallardo Superleggara) as my go-to car.

Mr.Green

Jube3 said:

Hey I didn't even realize until now that we had a genuine T10 overlord in here! I thought GAF managed to troll all you guys away. ;)

Glad to learn you guys are making progress on the wheel issues. A little disappointed to learn that I'll suffer through another Forza-less weekend. (I've put the game aside until the patch)

Shortt Sirket said:
Well damn, now I feel like a dick. I get all whiny and emo and Jube comes around and gives an actual thought out response.
You weren't whiny nor emo, because you know, that would make me whiny and emo too.

These were just insightful, justified concerns, man!

acm2000

i only want the aventador, the rest are crap, and its the only one you cant buy :(

also, the Mantide.... seriously... fuck is up with that!

Yoritomo

How do I make sure I can see the content on the two side screens?

I've copied over the map packs, and car packs.

Do I need to use the same gamertag on all the machines?

Do I have to buy content three times.

I don't mind seeing VW boras as much but not being able to see the odessa test track in the drifting challenge sucks.

I've copied the content to the other drives. Do I need to use the codes that came with the games to download them on other silver/gold accounts? Does this mean I have to buy any new tracks three times? Cause if that's the case, that sucks.

There's got to be a way to get all this to work. I'd prefer to get it to work offline as I prefer manually assigning IPs and then forwarding ports to the main box which necessarily blocks the other xboxes from reaching live.

Raudi

Yoritomo said:
How do I make sure I can see the content on the two side screens?

A: I downloaded the free BMW M5 to my side XBOX's to get all cars showing, to get DLC cars showing - download the FREE Sciriocco R

I've copied over the map packs, and car packs.

Do I need to use the same gamertag on all the machines?

A: No, any silver account should do as side screens don't have to be signed into live

Do I have to buy content three times.

A: Not necessary

I don't mind seeing VW boras as much but not being able to see the odessa test track in the drifting challenge sucks.

I've copied the content to the other drives. Do I need to use the codes that came with the games to download them on other silver/gold accounts? Does this mean I have to buy any new tracks three times? Cause if that's the case, that sucks.

There's got to be a way to get all this to work. I'd prefer to get it to work offline as I prefer manually assigning IPs and then forwarding ports to the main box which necessarily blocks the other xboxes from reaching live.

Any time new DLC packs come out - just download the FREE car to the side screen xbox's and you should be good to go! The only issue I have noted is that my custom Designs don't always show on the side screens for some cars.

You also need to make sure you installed disk 2 to the side screen xbox's or you will see VW Boras for some of the cars

Hope that helps!

Yoritomo

Raudi said:
Any time new DLC packs come out - just download the FREE car to the side screen xbox's and you should be good to go! The only issue I have noted is that my custom Designs don't always show on the side screens for some cars.

You also need to make sure you installed disk 2 to the side screen xbox's or you will see VW Boras for some of the cars

Hope that helps!

Thanks. My biggest concern is tracks then. I think I just hit a glitch last night where the test track wasn't showing up on the sidescreens, even though it has before.

acm2000 said:
i only want the aventador, the rest are crap, and its the only one you cant buy :(

also, the Mantide.... seriously... fuck is up with that!

The Chevy is not crap and you should be ashamed for writing that.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
whoowoo, finally completed the career! now, onto the event list! or, maybe some painting. how about online? i really should start to tune some of my beauties...

burgerdog

I feel so stupid right now. I chose the Ferrari 599 GTO instead of the One-77. The price difference is massive, I can't even afford the One-77 yet, boo.

skyfinch

burgerdog said:
I feel so stupid right now. I chose the Ferrari 599 GTO instead of the One-77. The price difference is massive, I can't even afford the One-77 yet, boo.

Not your fault. There are no stats next to the cars.

burgerdog said:

Don't worry too much man. Most of the Reward Cars are on the Auction House for pretty decent deals. Just keep checking and you should get one for a good price.

Scrum

Just levelled up to 100 and checked my game progress, 20,9%...I have lots of driving to do to get the bucket list achievment.

DasRaven

OnkelC said:
that was fun:) great game, gentlemen.

That Lotus is slippery. Thanks for indulging me there.
Tag games are more fun with more people, especially the "Pass the It" variant.

Anyone else hosting?

SarBear

I'm a little more rude than you, Shortt. I'd say do a roll call and anyone who doesn't reply in the next day or so gets booted.

Just sayin...

SarBear said:
I'm a little more rude than you, Shortt. I'd say do a roll call and anyone who doesn't reply in the next day or so gets booted.

Just sayin...

Hmm, that is not a terrible idea. What about this:

I call a Roll Call today. Anyone under Level 50 who doesn't respond in a week is booted. Does that sound fair to everyone?

Okay, I am starting the new Event today.

C Class Alps All Assists Challenge

Take any C class car you want and run the Bernese Alps - Stadtplatz Reverse course. All times must be made with ALL ASSISTS ON! That is right; auto brake, auto steer, TCS, ASM, Autmatic, etc must ALL be on for the time to count.

The easiest way to run this is to go to Free Play -> Time Trial - Bernese Alps -> Stadtplatz Reverse.

Time Frame: From Now (11/4) to 11:59pm EST on 11/13

Car Restrictions: Class C and NO DART/SUPERBEE

Other Restrictions: ALL ASSISTS ON

Prizes: 1st Place - $1.5Mil
2nd Place - $1Mil
3rd Place - $500K
TBA - Free cars and shit

Now get out there and RACE!

guest1321

Gor@n said:
Haven't tried R1 class yet with the clutch, i'll probably end up changing too, since i end up putting TC on if i race any R1 class cars. I can handle up to R3 and some R2 but R1 for me is more annoying than fun.
R1 is tricky but once you get it down it is really satisfying. It sucks at first because I felt like I was having to rewind every other corner but once I got that whole gentle concept down it got so much easier!

So I was in the lobby, and now I'm spectating. I take it I missed I was not ready in time lol

Top Bottom