• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

XShagrath

sneaky77 said:
I think a lot of them do carry over, I didn't count but i only had 2 checkmarks but in a lot of other events I had 1 or 2 out 5 races completed and stuff like that, although I am trying to do as much of the WT with Ferrari's as possible so I am sure a lot of races may be repeats
I know that some carry over, but as I mentioned earlier, there will be say the "Nissan GT Showcase" or whatever, and it's a 5 race series in the Event List. That same race series or whatever shows up on like every single track in the last few years of World Tour if you're playing an R2 car. It's only gonna check it off of Event List if you race on one of the tracks that matches both Event List and World Tour. Therefore, you could theoretically race all 10 years of World Tour and pick "badly" and never even get a single race completed for Event List.

I cant for the life of me get a perfect drift. What the hell are the conditions to pulling it off? I seem to get some amazing long drifts and it only ever goes up to 3.

Lionheart1827 said:
I cant for the life of me get a perfect drift. What the hell are the conditions to pulling it off? I seem to get some amazing long drifts and it only ever goes up to 3.

Try the Sliding Pony monthly rivals challenge. Got my first perfect drift there. You have to get 5000 points in a single drift.

CrudeDiatribe said:
Try the Sliding Pony monthly rivals challenge. Got my first perfect drift there. You have to get 5000 points in a single drift.

Oh ok, so 5000points? Is that the only criteria(granted you dont hit a wall or spin out)? And is there a way to turn on drift mode like in Forza 3? I'm in free play right now but not sure how to turn the drift counter on.

G Rom

You have to turn drift HUD on in the HUD options (you can access it anytime when in pause). Like CrudeDiatribe, I'd also suggest doing some Rivals mode to get it, that way you get some money as well. :)

eek5

Lionheart1827 said:
Oh ok, so 5000points? Is that the only criteria(granted you dont hit a wall or spin out)? And is there a way to turn on drift mode like in Forza 3? I'm in free play right now but not sure how to turn the drift counter on.
Go to options/hud and turn on drift counter. Yes it's just 5,000 points = perfect drift

guest1321

SarBear said:
You would piss your pants. It's so damn fun with a group of eight or so.
Is there a way for us to get into a public lobby and play with others?
Edit: Found it, although there is no one in here yet.
EDIIT 2: worth waiting or no?

SarBear

I would search for an ongoing game and join that one instead. Then just invite each other to that game.

Holy shit. 15 player game. This shit is going to be NUTS. Get ready to laugh one of your nuts back into your body.

guest1321

SarBear said:
I would search for an ongoing game and join that one instead. Then just invite each other to that game.

Holy shit. 15 player game. This shit is going to be NUTS. Get ready to laugh one of your nuts back into your body.
I'm spectating (missed the ready button by 1 second), but this should be good.

guest1321

SarBear said:
It froze the game. Wanna exit and rejoin? We're all waiting in the lobby.
I keep getting disconnected for some reason. I'm back in the lobby now. It looks like there is only one guy actually playing and the rest are spectating?

guest1321

SarBear said:
wth.

fucking turn 10 servers. -__-

It's working fine now. We were waiting for the moron to quit (some joker)
I'm in and about to mob with an R1 car. This should be good.
Shortt Sirket said:
Not for me. Can't join, and when I do it freezes. Might have to pass for now.
Try to get in now. We are in the pre-game lobby state right now.

EDIT: You made it!

SarBear

My microphone stopped working. :(

I'm going to have to restart everything (360, internet) and see if it was something with that.

Wazzim

Banned
Joining you guys..

EDIT: wait, you can't look up and join lobbies that clubmates are in? :(

EDIT2: can someone sent an invite ? :)

guest1321

Wazzim said:
Joining you guys..

EDIT: wait, you can't look up and join lobbies that clubmates are in? :(
If you are a LIVE friend then you can just go through your friends panel and choose join session

Wazzim

Banned
guest1321 said:
If you are a LIVE friend then you can just go through your friends panel and choose join session
Oh ok, thanks.

EDIT: Pressed Spectate and my box crashed >__> Re-joining now..

Gor@n

Neo Member
Going through the event list, tracks like iberian short and ladera short are annoying when you have to battle your way through 8 or more places in a tight track. Getting a clean lap let alone making your way to the front is a pain, lost count at the times i need to restart the race.

guest1321

Gor@n said:
Going through the event list, tracks like iberian short and ladera short are annoying when you have to battle your way through 8 or more places in a tight track. Getting a clean lap let alone making your way to the front is a pain, lost count at the times i need to restart the race.
I am doing that right now in the german SUV event. It turned into bumper cars as I just got done playing soccer online and I still was in the mood for some collisions lol

sneaky77

My biggest issue with rivals.. the ghost isn't ghostly enough when you're close, I miss breaking pts too much in a close lap cause I can't see the track

Also the Aventador is an understeering piece of crap lol

edit: suggestion for turn 10, on the replays let us skip to the next lap or something

eek5

retroBrand said:
The ghost is rage inducing in the auto cross events. It needs to be more see-through.
yeah it's really bad. i wish i could disable it, even if only for that event

sneaky77

skyfinch said:
I've pretty much stopped playing autocross rivals events because of it.

I don't know if you tuned that Nissan on the Motegui with traffic challenge but damn that thing flies on the straights shit lol, I am sure the TCS helped lol

skyfinch

sneaky77 said:
I don't know if you tuned that Nissan on the Motegui with traffic challenge but damn that thing flies on the straights shit lol, I am sure the TCS helped lol

Most likely the tcs because I know absolutely nothing about tuning.

guest1321

skyfinch said:
Most likely the tcs because I know absolutely nothing about tuning.
I'm coming for your time now...
Rivals will now take up the rest of my life. This is tooooo awesome.

Alright skyfinch, I've left some room for improvement for you...

SarBear

I'm really tired of getting kicked out of rooms for smoking an entire racing club.

Lurkers in different clubs:

If you want to be top dog in your club, stop making public games! Not my fault your fucking Lotus can't keep up with a Series 1.

Shaneus

Shortt Sirket said:
Anyone get their Unicorns for the Game with the Devs yet?
I got mine from the first GWD I could make it to (a few weeks ago... was on a Saturday at midday US time, I think) but still haven't got my preorder cars other than the RX7 from FM3 :(

guest1321

Shaneus said:
Was just checking it out to see if any gift cars had come through... not sticking around, I'm afraid!
bummer. I happen to been done for the night anyway, but we should try to get a big game going some time in the next week or two.

In other news, I feel like I rounded my Forza playing out today. I got to play online with some Gaffers for a while. It mainly consisted of the most ridiculous soccer match ever which is a nice break from the usual forza simulation-feel I normally have when I play. This lead me to wanting more communal type racing so I actually gave Rivals a chance. I had previously gone through most of the rivals events to get the achievement for doing all the events (before I realized it was one from each), so I have felt some disdain towards rivals. It was a complete 180º today and after doing a couple of matches and seeing the 150,000cr reward, it is hard to put the damn controller down. Then I stepped into the tuning a little bit to try and mess with the gearing (to no avail), but it is definitely a step in the right direction. I think the only thing really holding me back in the past was that I use a speed wheel which lacks the bumper buttons to navigate the tuning menus, making it highly inefficient to race and tune.

All in all this game is still very much exciting and it is not often (especially in racing games), that I find myself as excited about new things as I was day one.

am i stupid? but how do i use the cars in the gaf garage?
im in the club but when i go to pick a car, i dont see the beautiful collection anywhere...

Mascot

eek5 said:

Amen to this. It would be such a simple addition, yet so, so useful.

One more thing to add to the patch list, hopefully.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
eek5 said:

its really an odd decision that you can remove ghosts from other races in the HUD menu, but not in rivals. its the sole reason whil i have spent very little time in rivals and have never really reached times i know i'm capable of - its just to difficult to race a close race with those ghosts.

fucking sucks, cause i was really looking forward to rivals mode. hopefully they can patch it in but i doubt its high on their priority list or that they even realize its an issue.

G Rom

Damn you're annoying nagge.
angry.gif

I'm trying to beat your time again on the Catalunya circuit and while I pretty much destroy you in the first two sectors (up to 5 tenth I think), I'm getting Red Bulled in the last sector. Best time I have achieved is 1:48.915 when you did 1:48.890... T_T

Edit : WTF ? Just looked at the top score, we're 4 seconds behind ! o_O

Top Bottom