• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear

G Rom said:
Damn you're annoying nagge.
angry.gif

I'm trying to beat your time again on the Catalunya circuit and while I pretty much destroy you in the first two sectors (up to 5 tenth I think), I'm getting Red Bulled in the last sector. Best time I have achieved is 1:48.915 when you did 1:48.890... T_T

I love rivals. Forces you to get uncomfortable with your current race line and totally experiment with another, ultimately more successful one.

If it wasn't for rivals I'd still be a Ferrari fanboy. Now I have MUCH respect for Shelby and TVR.

nagge

G Rom said:
Damn you're annoying nagge.
angry.gif

I'm trying to beat your time again on the Catalunya circuit and while I pretty much destroy you in the first two sectors (up to 5 tenth I think), I'm getting Red Bulled in the last sector. Best time I have achieved is 1:48.915 when you did 1:48.890... T_T

Edit : WTF ? Just looked at the top score, we're 4 seconds behind ! o_O

Hehe, ye the first sector was really lousy, didn't think the lap would be anything near that good but nailed the last bit except for the last chicane which I dove too deep into.

Won't have much time this week for Forza with a big paper due for uni and CoD being released tomorrow so keep at it so that I have something to beat once I get back ;)

C Class Alps All Assists Challenge

Take any C class car you want and run the Bernese Alps - Stadtplatz Reverse course. All times must be made with ALL ASSISTS ON! That is right; auto brake, auto steer, TCS, ASM, Autmatic, etc must ALL be on for the time to count.

The easiest way to run this is to go to Free Play -> Time Trial - Bernese Alps -> Stadtplatz Reverse.

Time Frame: From Now (11/4) to 11:59pm EST on 11/13

Car Restrictions: Class C and NO DART/SUPERBEE

Other Restrictions: ALL ASSISTS ON

Hint: Turn the brake pressure down to 0% to prevent the AI from braking

Prizes: A total of $3Million to be handed out.

--------------------
Leaderboard as of 11/07/2011

1. Big Takeover - 01:44.550
2. massproduction - 01:44.778
3. P3tRaN - 01:45.437
4. Mc Kane - 01:45.667
5. skyfinch - 01:45.746
6. Yoritomo79 - 01:45.849
7. Muerte X - 01:45.859
8. LoopOfHenle - 01:46.570
9. oODHOo - 01:47.047
10. retroBrand - 01:47.784
11. Shortt Sirket - 01:50.366
12. Templar Wizard - 01:54.881

Edit: Come on SarBear! You gonna join this?

thundr51

Quick question for you guys:

What level are you and how many cars have you purchased so far?
About how much cash do you have so far?

I have about 700k so far @ level 24 and only bought 2 cars so far (only because I wanted them). Just curious how you guys feel about the economy this game. With the reward cars, the affinity credits, daily credits and race winnings it almost seems as though you can almost buy most anything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
thundr51 said:
Quick question for you guys:

What level are you and how many cars have you purchased so far?
About how much cash do you have so far?

I have about 700k so far @ level 24 and only bought 2 cars so far (only because I wanted them). Just curious how you guys feel about the economy this game. With the reward cars, the affinity credits, daily credits and race winnings it almost seems as though you can almost buy most anything.
Which is only a good thing. Forza 4 strikes the balance incredibly well between "fuck I'll never afford that" and "everything is free!" better than any other racing game ever. IMO, its one of the best aspects of Forza 4 period, and I do hope they stick with it.

sneaky77

enzo_gt said:
Which is only a good thing. Forza 4 strikes the balance I credibly well between "fuck I'll never afford that" and "everything is free!" better than any other racing game ever. IMO, its one of the best aspects of Forza 4 period, and I do hope they stick with it.

Yeah I agree, will make it more appealing to try more cars once I get to the event list

G Rom

The economy is so much better than in FM3. Level bonuses + Affinity bonuses + Free parts + Rivals mode + 165% of bonus + Regular cash rewards + Reduced super expensive car prices = you can almost swim in money without having to be a top painter.

I currently have 182 cars and only 51,755 Cr. but that's because I bought the 250 California. While in FM3 the 250 GTO, 250 TR and other super expensive cars felt out of reach, this time around I don't feel that way. I think, in time, I'll be able to afford a 250 GTO without having to resort to winning an official photo mode competition like in FM3.

guest1321

Templar Wizard said:
am i stupid? but how do i use the cars in the gaf garage?
im in the club but when i go to pick a car, i dont see the beautiful collection anywhere...
They are only accessible through free play races, online races, and rivals mode events I believe. I know for sure you can't use them on events list or WT. If you go to the community section and then the club, you should be able to navigate your way to the club garage where you can view and choose cars for races.

What car is everyone using for the C Class All Assists Challenge?

As for the economy I can't really speak much to it. I have about 10 mil right now and I have bought maybe 4 cars. I mainly rely on the cars that I picked up a rewards and if I really want something else I go buy it. I'm not really sure what is holding me back from spending it (maybe the achievements and such). But there really is a huge difference between FM4 rate of income and ones ability to buy the cars when compared to FM3. I'm really pleased with it

G Rom

One thing they need to add beside the ability to turn off the ghost in Rivals mode is the ability to select a new rival right from the leaderboard you get at the end of the race. It's a bit annoying having to go back to the menu to select a new rival...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
G Rom said:
One thing they need to add beside the ability to turn off the ghost in Rivals mode is the ability to select a new rival right from the leaderboard you get at the end of the race. It's a bit annoying having to go back to the menu to select a new rival...
I kinda wondered why this wasn't in by default TBH. It only seems logical.

sneaky77

enzo_gt said:
I kinda wondered why this wasn't in by default TBH. It only seems logical.

yeah, give you the option to collect the reward and move to the next rival without having to restart all over again

guest1321

sneaky77 said:
yeah, give you the option to collect the reward and move to the next rival without having to restart all over again
That would be so nice. Considering the load times between race and menu's it gets frustrating to pop in and out just to get going again. I didn't really consider this till now but now I'm befuddled by this oversight.

G Rom

The 250 California really is nice B Class car, very good handling.

Had to get The Stig out for that beautiful car :
6323292992_b2759f3d9e_b.jpg

It is a little sad how quiet this thread is these days. What should I do to get it moving again? Do you guys want more "Guess the Car?" Or would some kind of trivia or "Guess the Laptime" thing work?

I am open to any suggestions.

sneaky77

Shortt Sirket said:
It is a little sad how quiet this thread is these days. What should I do to get it moving again? Do you guys want more "Guess the Car?" Or would some kind of trivia or "Guess the Laptime" thing work?

I think people are over the launch rush, plus battlefield / COD are out now lol.

I think you're doing a good job, don't fret, maybe we should try to give more advance warning in case people get online to play.

How about some Gaf Soccer at 10pm EST?

TheMan

Shortt Sirket said:

how about you let some new blood into the GAF car club RIGHT NOW?

tag: TheMan2010

;)

sneaky77 said:
I think people are over the launch rush, plus battlefield / COD are out now lol.

I think you're doing a good job, don't fret, maybe we should try to give more advance warning in case people get online to play.

How about some Gaf Soccer at 10pm EST?

I am down for that, but I will say that Tag is becoming my new favorite thing online. Especially the one where you are trying to Keep the It. It just is a great combo of good driving, crazy crashes and excitement.

Also (since I am not at my 360 right now) can you force of certain HUD elements? I think Keep the It would be really interesting with the Map and names above the cars forced off. Really make everyone work together over mics to try and figure out and get the "It."

TheMan said:
how about you let some new blood into the GAF car club RIGHT NOW?

tag: TheMan2010

;)

I will add you when I get off of work. Should be home by around 6pm EST.

TheMan

Shortt Sirket said:

That's awesome man, thanks. Is there anything I need to do on my end for this to work, or will I just get a notification?

sneaky77

Shortt Sirket said:
I am down for that, but I will say that Tag is becoming my new favorite thing online. Especially the one where you are trying to Keep the It. It just is a great combo of good driving, crazy crashes and excitement.

Also (since I am not at my 360 right now) can you force of certain HUD elements? I think Keep the It would be really interesting with the Map and names above the cars forced off. Really make everyone work together over mics to try and figure out and get the "It."

Not sure I am not on my 360 either and won't be home till 915EST. Haven't played tag, so I am down for that too

skyfinch

I'll try to get online at that time.

guest1321 said:
I'm coming for your time now...
Rivals will now take up the rest of my life. This is tooooo awesome.

Alright skyfinch, I've left some room for improvement for you...

I'm no good at rivals. The moment I get a dirty lap, I usually rage quit.

I will create a GAF Tag lobby around 9:30EST. We can change it up based on what people are feeling but the Tag variations are my favorite. They just let everyone have fun instead of being in last place for 5 laps of a race.

guest1321

p3tran said:
I put in the garage my proper nova (0% brakes)

NICE PIC

see if you like it :)
I will give it a shot later tonight, Thanks!

Shortt Sirket said:

It has gotten really quiet lately. I'd imagine it is partly due to the overwhelming amount of games right being released right now. Forza isn't really a play for a little bit game and then move on. Once the hype over all the other games has died down a bit I'm sure people will be returning. I am curious as to who is occupying the GAF car club but is not existent in the thread.

As for the soccer I probably won't be able to get on tonight but possibly this weekend or friday if that works for anyone.

guest1321 said:
I will give it a shot later tonight, Thanks!

It has gotten really quiet lately. I'd imagine it is partly due to the overwhelming amount of games right being released right now. Forza isn't really a play for a little bit game and then move on. Once the hype over all the other games has died down a bit I'm sure people will be returning. I am curious as to who is occupying the GAF car club but is not existent in the thread.

As for the soccer I probably won't be able to get on tonight but possibly this weekend or friday if that works for anyone.
I was going to do a purge this weekend but was a bit...umm...busy. :) I will do it tonight so we can remove those who aren't really playing anymore.

SarBear

Shortt Sirket said:
I will create a GAF Tag lobby around 9:30EST. We can change it up based on what people are feeling but the Tag variations are my favorite. They just let everyone have fun instead of being in last place for 5 laps of a race.

Hey, SOMEONE has to take last place!!

And it's usually me. ;__;

TheMan

I have a question about rivals mode. Why do so many people have absurdly long lap times? I'm talking between 7-20 minutes. I'm not really very good but I haven't had any trouble winning these events. (actually racing against opponents real-time is a different story, I always get taken down by rammers.)

DasRaven

Shortt Sirket said:

I'll try to make it, but time is at a premium this week.

16 player virus tag on benchmark D/E/F is some of the most fun I've had playing Forza.
So many good drifts to avoid getting tagged.

sneaky77

Shortt Sirket said:

I'll be there sometime between 930 or 1015 or so

Ok boys and girls, now is your chance to get yourselves some free DLC!

I have a code for what I believe is the November car pack (perhaps Shortt Sirket could confirm) I'm a bit unsure. Nethertheless, free DLC whatever it may be, is nothing to be frowned at, right?

So those that haven't already purchased said DLC and are also in FM4's GAFclub all you need to do is answer correctly what I think is a pretty simple game of "guess the car and track" and you get yourselves the code.

Let's be smart (and not too greedy here) and have only 1 combination of car and track per post and for fairness no edited posts will be accepted.

So simply give me the car model and year and on which track it is on to win.

Ok, so here goes: 
3qZ62.jpg

Sweet, I'll be able to get some time in this weekend. Glad the comp goes until the 13th. Family has been visiting so my wheel has been in the closet for a few days.

acm2000

2 of the new monthly challenges i cant even race! one for frenchies only, and the other you need the dlc, poor show turn10 :/

Shortt Sirket said:

You're doing fine. There are a lot of games coming out, I know I'll be jumping around for a couple months but I always put time into Forza, just like I did with 3 and GT5, they were just my "go to" games.

Honestly, you've been doing great and trying to get the community involved but I am actually waiting on finishing the career in hopes they patch the AI and/or wheel issues.

That, and people have been coming over so I have to put the setup in the closet LOL! Stupid people that want to talk and stuff.

Aurarian

Just finished the American manufacturer races. Now it's just European manufactures and the world tour/autocross/the ring/topgear stuff.

Shortt Sirket said:
I was going to do a purge this weekend but was a bit...umm...busy. :) I will do it tonight so we can remove those who aren't really playing anymore.

I will try to make it for a few races. Vastly prefer racing or even car-football to tag, though.

SarBear said:
Hey, SOMEONE has to take last place!! And it's usually me. ;__;

Horseshit.

guest1321

TheMan said:
I have a question about rivals mode. Why do so many people have absurdly long lap times? I'm talking between 7-20 minutes. I'm not really very good but I haven't had any trouble winning these events. (actually racing against opponents real-time is a different story, I always get taken down by rammers.)
I recall that when I was powering through rivals events I would race some guy that had a 20 minutes lap time and he would sit at the starting line for the first 17 minutes or so and then just go. While I never saw him go, I did see him sit, and I assume he had to have gone at some point to get a lap time.

CrudeDiatribe said:
Horseshit.
my thoughts exactly

sneaky77

SarBear said:
Yea, but I can't race worth a damn!!

Oh, and there's only, like, ten of us that compete in rivals anyway.

:lol

That's true.. cause even though I do rivals.. I am not in the top 10 :( lol

Can you sell car token bought cars at the auction house? I'm thinking about spending some MS points to buy the rest of the Ferraris. I'd like to sell a few once I get the achievement.

VindictiveGnome said:
Can you sell car token bought cars at the auction house? I'm thinking about spending some MS points to buy the rest of the Ferraris. I'd like to sell a few once I get the achievement.

Nope. You can't gift them or sell them on auction and they only sell for $100.

Top Bottom