• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

guest1321

I can jump on for a bit right now. Someone who is in the lobby send me an invite if you get a chance.

I just rear-ended the shit out of someone and ruined that last race. I feel terrible so whoever that was I'm really sorry. I was not trying to be a dick or anything

Thank you for passing along the message...

guest1321 said:
I just rear-ended the shit out of someone and ruined that last race. I feel terrible so whoever that was I'm really sorry. I was not trying to be a dick or anything

That was Shortt's fault— he didn't start, so I slammed on the brakes and you hit me. Not the end of the world.

guest1321

CrudeDiatribe said:
That was Shortt's fault— he didn't start, so I slammed on the brakes and you hit me. Not the end of the world.
ohhh, got it. that guy....

Is anyone still on that wants to play for 20-30 minutes?

guest1321 said:
ohhh, got it. that guy....

Is anyone still on that wants to play for 20-30 minutes?

Don't hate! I was momentarily distracted and completely forgot to start.

The Tag/Soccer was awesome guys, we definitely need to do this more.

guest1321

Shortt Sirket said:

I've never played tag before so that was at first confusing but then great. Let's get that going this weekend if possible.

A while back I mentioned the chaos I experienced with the AI on the speedway. I never posted which event it was but I have found it and am now going back and re racing it. It is the Super Speedway Series - Prototype Speed Showdown (6th to the left from the bottom right event). If you haven't already discovered this goldmine do so now. The brickyard race wasn't all that great as far as Chaotic AI goes but the other two races have yielded good results! Lots of crashing, near misses, and unrewindable last laps post crash. Check it....

EDIT: crashes seem to be fairly limited as I am re-racin them. I'm looking into it....stay tuned.

EDIT2: It would appear that the results are best when your car is tuned to the x-class even though the game wants to tune it to R1. I forgot how awesome the fear of frustration can be lol

SarBear

I don't know how I'm going to do...

Skyrim
Forza
AssCreed
Metal Gear Collection
school

...all at the same time. Shit's gonna get crazy.

p3tran

Banned
I don't know how I'm going to do...
forza and skyrim for me sarbear.
its been more than five years since the last elder scrolls game.
in fact I believe we got all 3 forza games this gen AFTER oblivion was released :)
all the rest of games can wait

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Shortt Sirket said:

I'm game for a few rounds of Tag this weekend.

Snubbers

I've just realised that when viewing a replay, just before you load it, you get the option to change the driver to "The Stig".. and have stiggy driving your car around for you.. makes photo's look a bit nicer!

h3ro

Good morning, everyone.

7LMHp.jpg

h3ro

I wish I was that talented. I'll leave all the painting to guys like Jube and m0dus.

I'm just reppin' my Dart the best way possible. In full Hello Kitty matte pink glory. Found it on the marketplace.

Has anyone gotten the pre-order cars since Jube asked to be PM'd? Still nothing here. :/

h3ro said:
I wish I was that talented. I'll leave all the painting to guys like Jube and m0dus.

I'm just reppin' my Dart the best way possible. In full Hello Kitty matte pink glory. Found it on the marketplace.

Has anyone gotten the pre-order cars since Jube asked to be PM'd? Still nothing here. :/

Nope, neither them nor the one for the Game with the Devs night.

SarBear

.....man, even with how great the game is, and how community driven the game is geared towards.....

...Turn10 have really made their end of the deal a real clusterfuck. I cannot understand what the hell is going on.

SarBear said:
.....man, even with how great the game is, and how community driven the game is geared towards.....

...Turn10 have really made their end of the deal a real clusterfuck. I cannot understand what the hell is going on.

It honestly feels like they've closed up shop for a while. The only news we see about some of the complaints such as AI and the wheel bug are from the wheel manufacturer themselves.

I love Forza 4, but I'm not sure what is going on behind closed doors here. Has there been any acknowledgement to issues that have brought up in the community? I don't visit the official forums often so maybe I'm just missing developer talk.

In his defense, Jube did say the following:

Jube3 said:
Regarding the bugs with 900 degree steering we are investigating issues with it, including the 0 credit issue. Brian has commented on the forums about it with more info coming soon.

The photo competition is behind because there's so many of them it takes a while to go through them, sort out the finalist batch and then vote on them, but they will be going up tonight with 100 random unicorn winners like last weeks.

Edit: Also if you guys are still missing your pre-order incentive cars please shoot me a PM.

It seems that they are still having problems with the $250K thing for Season Pass/VIP people and the PreOrder/Unicorn thing. I have received no gift cars since the initial import. I just want my M3 GTR Road Car!

I am also a little surprised they haven't done anything special for VIPs like they did in Forza 3. I expected at least some cool gift cars and such, but I have yet to hear about anything cool. Sort of disappointing, but we can't really complain about not getting more free stuff. lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I will be leaving Forza for my Ultimate Mahvel mistress come the 15th. But once I'm off of school after exams, I'll be picking it up again to finish this massive career. Halfway through Season 8 IIRC. I also have a bunch of photos I've yet to upload and just don't have the time for :(

God I love taking photos, as crap as I am at it.

SarBear

Shortt Sirket said:

It seems that they are still having problems with the $250K thing for Season Pass/VIP people and the PreOrder/Unicorn thing. I have received no gift cars since the initial import. I just want my M3 GTR Road Car!

I am also a little surprised they haven't done anything special for VIPs like they did in Forza 3. I expected at least some cool gift cars and such, but I have yet to hear about anything cool. Sort of disappointing, but we can't really complain about not getting more free stuff. lol

Good, I hope they're forced to come up with something a little more rewarding for Forza faithfuls than an amount of credits I can get in less than 10 minutes.

MJLord

enzo_gt said:
I will be leaving Forza for my Ultimate Mahvel mistress come the 15th. But once I'm off of school after exams, I'll be picking it up again to finish this massive career. Halfway through Season 8 IIRC. I also have a bunch of photos I've yet to upload and just don't have the time for :(

God I love taking photos, as crap as I am at it.

Same here xD I have one photo uploaded of a Honda Civic, check it out xD

h3ro

Shortt Sirket said:

We paid a premium for VIP access. Only thing we've gotten so far is a crown next to our names.

XShagrath

h3ro said:
We paid a premium for VIP access. Only thing we've gotten so far is a crown next to our names.
We did get the Muscle Pack for free as well too. But yeah, I was hoping for something more along the lines of FM3's weekly cars.

Shortt Sirket said:

Cool, didn't know (or couldn't remember) that something is being done about it. I still see the credit thing every now and again but it's not that big of a deal.

I'm more disappointed that I don't have as much time to play because of random shit. Don't these people know that an old man like myself just needs some damned time to play his vidya games!?

XShagrath said:
We did get the Muscle Pack for free as well too. But yeah, I was hoping for something more along the lines of FM3's weekly cars.

Which they gave in the Season Pass I also bought =P

h3ro

XShagrath said:
Same here, but we haven't gotten anything yet. I'm hoping for a content dump along with bug fixes in a big patch or something.

SarBear

Fuck it. After I get this car/recall situation taken care at Honda, it's AssCreed Brohood all day for me.

/easilypersuadedintobeingupset

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
now that i've finished the world tour i thought my time in single player would be at an end. the other night however, i fired up the event list and started dabbling in random events here and there and now i cant stop. unlike fm3's event list, i'm actually having fun and actually can see myself 100%'ing it one day. there simply are no events i've come across that look horribly dull, like was the case in fm3. i think its mainly due to the fact that racing is simply much more satisfying and i have a blast even in cars i had no interest in before (american muscle, i'm looking at you).

i also noticed that the blacked out squares in the event list all fall under the NA/Euro/Asian car manufacturer events possibly hinting that car DLC will unlock those spec races in the event list. anyone notice if the first DLC car pack did just that?

still holding out hope for DLC track packs too.

Seanspeed

Banned
p3tran said:
forza and skyrim for me sarbear.
its been more than five years since the last elder scrolls game.
in fact I believe we got all 3 forza games this gen AFTER oblivion was released :)
all the rest of games can wait
Skyrim's definitely gonna be a huge timesink for me, too. A huge one.

And I'm still playing a ton of Battlefield3. So good. Especially since I'm new to the series and the playstyle, so I'm enjoying it more the more I learn.

I'm still loving Forza, though. I'm not getting the time I'd like with it, but the more cars I put together, the more I'm enjoying online, which is where my time will now be spent more often than not. I especially love that they've nerfed the AWD advantage and that all the classes are fun to play.

Seanspeed said:
Skyrim's definitely gonna be a huge timesink for me, too. A huge one.

And I'm still playing a ton of Battlefield3. So good. Especially since I'm new to the series and the playstyle, so I'm enjoying it more the more I learn.

I'm still loving Forza, though. I'm not getting the time I'd like with it, but the more cars I put together, the more I'm enjoying online, which is where my time will now be spent more often than not. I especially love that they've nerfed the AWD advantage and that all the classes are fun to play.

Yeah, I am taking next week off of work so I can really sink my teeth into Skyrim. Going to be a week of Skyrim, Forza, Dark Souls, Ico/SotC and Saints Row. I have told my friends to make sure to check up on me and get me outdoors occasionally.

Shortt Sirket said:
Nope, neither them nor the one for the Game with the Devs night.

Same here, I PM'ed Jube, but nothing that I have seen yet (although I PM'ed him Saturday and I have not been on the ol' XBOX since then).

Can't access FM.net from work to see if they are in my File Depot at the moment.....sigh.

h3ro

Anyone else feel like they're losing tons of time in Rivals because they can't see the damn brake points since the ghosts are too opaque?

I know my line, but just something about seeing the car there is throwing me off just enough to mess up my corner entry.

Come on T10.

Also, no preorder cars here yet.

DasRaven

h3ro said:
Anyone else feel like they're losing tons of time in Rivals because they can't see the damn brake points since the ghosts are too opaque?

I know my line, but just something about seeing the car there is throwing me off just enough to mess up my corner entry.

Come on T10.

Also, no preorder cars here yet.

Absolutely, that's one of the reasons I've been avoiding Rivals so far.
Just give me the option to disable the ghost.

Mr.Green

DasRaven said:
Absolutely, that's one of the reasons I've been avoiding Rivals so far.
Just give me the option to disable the ghost.
Yeah no shit.

I wouldn't hold my breath though. Looks like they're all on a well deserved 3 months vacation.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
h3ro said:
ARCHER33 Catalunya R3 Rivals. 'Sup.

Thanks for the 100K.

bastard :(

-edit
dailydish_053111-350x262.jpg

I need to get myself that Subaru, I've been using the clubs Jag lol.

I looted your body for 150K I think :)

burgerdog

Even after uncharted and batman I still play forza 4 the most. Shame I haven't gotten around to playing with you guys yet since joining the gaf club.

h3ro

Slayer-33 said:
bastard :(
-edit
dailydish_053111-350x262.jpg

I need to get myself that Subaru, I've been using the clubs Jag lol.

I looted your body for 150K I think :)

YOUR FRENCH FRIES?

Eaten.

YOUR LAP TIME?

Beaten.

iQ6ou02shkXUZ.gif

guest1321

So a while back there was some confusion over whether or not reverse extreme camino viejo was excluded due to T10 not fully updating the track so it was pretty when driven in reverse. I don't think this would be a reason not to include it as we already have rear view mirrors and the "reverse cam" feature while racing so we are able to see the entire track. Also, if we were to randomly start racing in reverse or use it for a game of Tag we might be traveling on it in reverse we would potentially expose ourselves to the parts that they did not work on. So since there is the possibility of us seeing these unfinished sections, it would make no sense for them to not finish/create them. This leads me to believe that this is not the reason why camino viejo reverse extreme is not a playable track.

On a similar note: Is it just me or does the gondola in the Bernsese Alps not appear in your rearview mirror? Perhaps a sacrifice to achieve the higher frame rate, but interesting nonetheless.

Slightly off-topic, but for the world tourer achievement in FM3 where you had to race at all the tracks: did that include every variation of all tracks? Or was it just race at every location?

h3ro

guest1321 said:
Slightly off-topic, but for the world tourer achievement in FM3 where you had to race at all the tracks: did that include every variation of all tracks? Or was it just race at every location?
I just finished the 10th season and didn't get that one either so I did some research and it looks like you have to race every string of every track. Info here.

That ones gonna take a while...

guest1321

h3ro said:
I just finished the 10th season and didn't get that one either so I did some research and it looks like you have to race every string of every track. Info here.

That ones gonna take a while...
Well I know for Forza 4 it is that way but I was wondering if it was the same way with Forza 3 since I'm pretty sure I have raced at all locations but I don't think I've done every iteration.

h3ro

Slayer-33 said:
Yeah that lap I did wasn't optimal at all :( I'll get you!

I'll work on it soon :)

How awesome is Rivals! Your Jag is killing me on the straights, I'm lucky enough to pull some of it back in the first sector and then all I can do is hold on for dear life.

Top Bottom