• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Finally got my M3 GTR! Thanks Jube, much appreciated.

Also got a 2nd Spirit R, which is nice but I don't know what I am going to do with two of them.

Either way it seems they are starting to work out the issues, which is good.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
h3ro said:
How awesome is Rivals! Your Jag is killing me on the straights, I'm lucky enough to pull some of it back in the first sector and then all I can do is hold on for dear life.

LOL yeah man I know, you get me on all the turns since I do them so dirty.. I have to have tcs on with that thing for now, freaking beast would be spinning out.

SarBear

Shortt Sirket said:

Also got a 2nd Spirit R, which is nice but I don't know what I am going to do with two of them.

Where's mine?

Aurarian

Got to 43.4% tonight. Almost done with the European manufacturers. I wish they would put in tracks from different regions even though you're doing one specific group of manufacturer. Gets a little boring racing Catalunya and the Alps over and over again.

Grassy

Damn, I only just finished the first vertical row in the event list, still a looooooong way to go. Still enjoying the single-player though, and Rivals of course.

Shaneus

I was only gifted another RX7. I did somehow get the M3 gifted to me along with a Top Secret Supra a while back, along with a TS Silvia for one of the first GWD sessions.

Weird.

Do we know the circumstances of the people who DID receive the Ferrari and the Joss?

Grassy

Shaneus said:
I was only gifted another RX7. I did somehow get the M3 gifted to me along with a Top Secret Supra a while back, along with a TS Silvia for one of the first GWD sessions.

Weird.

Do we know the circumstances of the people who DID receive the Ferrari and the Joss?

Didn't Jube say they were only for the people who didn't receive their pre-order RX7 before Forza 4 was released? I might be wrong.

XShagrath

Grassy said:
Didn't Jube say they were only for the people who didn't receive their pre-order RX7 before Forza 4 was released? I might be wrong.
I thought the PM to Jube was for those of us who *only* got the RX7 in Forza 3, and never got the other "Forza 4" liveried cars.

I was gifted another RX7 last night. If it's the exact same as the one that ported over, it's auction house fodder!

Shaneus

Grassy said:
XShagrath said:
I thought the PM to Jube was for those of us who *only* got the RX7 in Forza 3, and never got the other "Forza 4" liveried cars.

I was gifted another RX7 last night. If it's the exact same as the one that ported over, it's auction house fodder!
Pretty sure. Unless the case is that the Ferrari and Joss were for preorderers who didn't get the RX7... but then, as that was the only car that was known about for the preorder bonuses, why else would you submit your receipt?

Some people received the other cars, but I have no idea under what circumstance, which is why I was asking earlier.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
maybe i should throw the joss and the 458 FM4 themed "unicorns" up on the auction house, they sound especially rare.

op_ivy

lol, just signed on and got another rx-7. turn 10 loves me!

now give me positano

retroBrand said:
Unless I'm missing something, you can't gift or auction the Spirit R.

yup. same with cars with a locked design (aka, the fm4 joss and 458)

TheMan

So you can only get unicorn cars if devs gift them to you? They should have just gifted a few hundred out during the first week of release, and then allowed those to be auctioned and/or gifted between players.

Raudi

I have received 2 or 3 Spirit R's - I would trade them all for one HKS EVO!!!

I challenged and beat a couple of phREDESIGN's times on Rivals - surely that's good for a UNICORN?

h3ro

Posted by Jube on the FM.net forums regarding the preorder cars:

Ayo Jube said:
For those confused a spirit-R was sent out to those on the pre-order incentive list. We will be sending out the other cars soon.

*cancels Joss off list of LB cars to buy* :D

Lothars

Shortt Sirket said:

That's great to hear, I haven't recieved any preorder cars but I will have to check again and see, I really hope they show up.

Hyundai and Turn 10 working together for another amazing contest. This time the winner gets a 2012 Hyundai Veloster.

Hyundai THR Secret Car Design Contest said:
Starting today, you can put your design skills to the test in a special contest for Forza Motorsport 4 players. The Hyundai THR Secret Car Design Contest challenges Forza 4 players to design the ultimate Hyundai race livery using the flexible and easy-to-use livery editor tool built into Forza Motorsport 4. The contest begins today and will run until November 27 and the overall winner will win a 2012 Hyundai Veloster!

Here’s how the contest works:
To register, you must download the registration gamer pic. To do so, please visit the Hyundai Design Contest destination on Xbox LIVE or register on Xbox.com. NOTE: This contest is open to U.S. residents and Xbox LIVE Gold members only.
Once you are registered, fire up Forza Motorsport 4, purchase a Hyundai Genesis Coupe, and design your car livery using the in-game livery editor tool.
Once you have completed your design you will need to upload it to the Forza Motorsport 4 storefront. For detailed instructions on how to upload your car to the storefront, see below.
The Turn 10 community team will monitor all submissions and choose five finalists.
The five finalists will be posted to Xbox LIVE and voted on by LIVE users throughout December, with the overall winner receiving a 2012 Hyundai Veloster. The four runners up will receive a new 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect.
The Turn 10 Community Team is limiting the design entries to three per player and will be judging entries on a variety of criteria, including technical proficiency, aesthetic design, originality, and brand promotion.

A few things to keep in mind when creating your entry for the Hyundai Secret Car Design Contest:

You must create your design on a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. You will need to purchase the car for your personal garage in order to paint it.
You must use the official Hyundai logo vinyl as part of your car design. To access the vinyl, follow these steps:
a. Make sure you have selected the Hyundai Genesis Coupe
b. Go to the “Paint” menu
c. Select “Apply Decals”
d. Choose the location you would like to place the logo, and press the A button.
e. Select “Apply a Manufacturer Decal.”
f. The Hyundai logo is the first choice available.
No other manufacturer logos should be used on the car, apart from Forza Motorsport or Turn 10 logos. This includes any other logos found in the aforementioned “Apply a Manufacturer Decal” screen
All other design work should be done with the standard shapes found in the layer design tool.
Once you have completed your design, you should save it to your Forza Motorsport 4 storefront. To do so, follow these steps:
a. Once your design is complete, hit the “Start” button to save.
b. Choose “Save to Design Catalog”
c. Name your file.
d. When the prompt appears, “Would you like to share this with others by uploading it to the Forza 4 Storefront?”, press A.
e. In the “Upload Design” menu, fill out the fields as you like. In the Add Description field, you MUST enter “THR Secret Car”. This tags your entry and allows us to find it in the storefront. If you do not tag your car, chances are the Turn 10 Community Team won’t be able to find your entry.

Good luck to all entrants!

Link for the Offical Rules and such.

DasRaven

Slayer-33 said:
Can jube or modus participate in that? lol go win a CAR

I'm sure Jube can't as a T10 employee, but Modus probably can and so can a number of other amazing artists.
And since I'm one of those people who's going to run the Veloster in game a lot, the number of great liveries is going to be awesome.

Ok Guys, here it is, my latest paint, Vinci BMW M3 GT2 for FIA GT2 series. It really doesn't look as great on the pictures as it does in the game, so give it a go and see for yourself. The paint is available for both M3 GT2 cars, I'll keep the one that would be more popular. Of course #79 looks a little better so I would go for this one If I were you. Enjoy guys and please give it some good treatment and leave some feedback.

Cheers HD

#79 and #92 BMW M3 GT2 --- VINCI CANAL + Racing --- FIA GT2

6330351616_46e5f03d2d_z.jpg

6330351596_32ba5de547_z.jpg

6330351600_74f6494b92_z.jpg

6330351608_a322aa0f9b_z.jpg

I just want to conduct a poll here. I am curious who has done the following:

* Bought the Season Pass
* Bought/Won the November DLC Pack but not the Season Pass
* Just bought a few cars from the November Pack (which cars)
* Will buy any of the next DLC packs or any after the SP is up
* Will buy any Track Packs

So, give me your GamerTag and the answers. Like so:

Shortt Sirket
Bought the Season Pass
Will buy every pack after the SP
Will buy any Track Packs.

or

ExampleName
Did not buy the Season Pass
Only bought the RS3
Will not buy any DLC Packs
Will definitely buy any Track Packs

I just am curious how ForzaGAF feels about the DLC/etc for this game. Thanks guys.

Edit: As Enzo_GT pointed out, it doesn't have to be a definite yes or no. If you aren't sure, say that.

Iknos

My response is all conditional on a patch that puts in sim steering. So I can't answer the poll with a definitive answer.

T10 puts in sim steering and I'll buy every single thing for the best console racing sim out there. If they don't I'll stick to playing a sim wannabe without it's DLC.

Call it trolling but T10 needs to face the music.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there no middle ground between buy or will not buy?

enzo_gt
* Did not buy the Season Pass
* Won the November DLC Pack but do not have the Season Pass
* No cars bought as of yet
* Will buy car DLC on a case-by-case basis.
* Will buy track DLC on a case-by-case basis.

I'm not a fan of blind purchasing decisions. Not knowing pricing/content means "maybe" is an informed decision at the moment. I don't even know how much time I'll have for the game in the coming months with my schedule.

skyfinch

Bought the season pass (regretting it now).
Not sure about DLC packs after season pass.
Will buy track packs day one.

The game desperately needs more tracks.

op_ivy

op_ivy
Bought zero cars from the car pack
Will not buy any DLC Packs
Will definitely buy any Track Packs

also, that hyundai contest is really cool. i dont expect to win, but i'll give it a go.

SarBear

Dead Poul Bought the Season Pass
Bought all the cars from the November Pack
Will buy any of the next DLC packs after the SP is up
MIGHT buy Track Packs based on which track (Mother FUCK New York)

You guys want to do anything tonight?

op_ivy

U n i o n 0015 said:
Man, I've got three Spirit R's. Not complaining, I love unicorns but I'm trying to collect more than three of the same model. =P

i now have 3 too, and 2 FM4 458's and 1 FM4 Joss. dunno whats going on :/

legbone

quick question (or poll if you will). when you (anyone) race a car stock what type of tires do you use? street, sport, race?

Big Takeover
Won the November DLC Pack (would have bought)
Will buy DLC Packs on a case by case basis
Will definitely buy any/all Track Packs

I love cars, but I'm in it for the racing. What I'm driving isn't necessarily of huge importance. Where I'm driving most certainly is though (tracks).

Top Bottom